Magi Astrologers?

Zarathu

Account Closed
A very very secretive group. All the professional astrologers that I know who tried to find out about them were rebuffed. Very difficult to find out if the stuff that they claim is so very very very accurate actually is because leaning about what they do is so cult-like.

They claim to be open to everyone, but when you actually try to get close to them you discover all kinds of road blocks. They claim to have books available to everyone, but when you try to find these books they are either not available, or hideously expensive.

I did have one of their books that made it to mass market for awhile. I matched it to lots of charts and didn't find it to be any particularly more accurate than any of the other general stuff out there, and much less accurate than some of the stuff I regularly use.

Like I said.... very secretive group, even if they say they aren't.

These Magi weren't easy to peg down either as they avoided a certain king:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+2&version=NIV

Matthew 2

New International Version (NIV)

The Magi Visit the Messiah

2 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi[a] from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
3 When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. 5 “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written:
6 “‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for out of you will come a ruler
who will shepherd my people Israel.’[b]”

7 Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. 8 He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”
9 After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

But in answer to your question it may be that they handle outsiders in much the way the Amish in the USA do, as in:

http://voluntaryist.com/backissues/067.pdf

..the mutual aid system of the Amish permits them to remain aloof and separate from the ..... vative Amish "continue to distance themselves from the activities.....
:unsure:

Zarathu

Account Closed
That stuff on the Amish is really funny, Clinton. Except for Kraybill who writes this high-falutin stuff, its clear that nobody there every had any everyday contact with the Amish. I used to live next door to Amish, until two years ago.

Sure, when the Amish Shooting took place in MY OWN NEIGHBORHOOD, and I knew the shoot and the shooter's kids, and the children who were killed, it was very special, very special what they did.

But much of the rest is just humorous.

Lucypur

I personally like Magi Astrology.
It can teach you a lot about Astrology.
I bought the Love and Money Magi book online for like 35 bucks.

I actually knew a friend that got paid 250 an hour using Magi Astrology.
She knew one of the four Magi Masters.
He actually read a lil but of my chart for me.

I really don't believe the Magi Society is a Cult. The Magi Society was founded in China year 1625 a.d.
It was an Secret Society for a long time. But they are more open nowadays.
If you buy all the software the Magi will actually teach you for free. I think the software is like 1000 bucks though.