No moon aspects in synastry, but different in composite. Thoughts?

McKnight

So with a synastry chart I share with another person the only moon aspects are a novile with Uranus and exact square with pluto.

However, in the composite, we have an exact sun/moon conjunction, moon/mars quintile, 5d sextile with jupiter, and 8d square with saturn.

Do the composite aspects makeup for the lack of synastry aspects?

ElenaJ

Not really, the composite shows how the synastry works out in the relationship. But the synastry aspects are still in effect, and important.
The composite is like a snapshot of what you are like together.

McKnight

Not really, the composite shows how the synastry works out in the relationship. But the synastry aspects are still in effect, and important.
The composite is like a snapshot of what you are like together.

So then the composite DOES make up for the lack of synastry aspects? If a composite chart shows how the synastry "works out," wouldn't that mean that aspects in the composite are more important than synastry aspects when it comes to longterm relationships?

What's the difference between a sun/moon conjunction in synastry compared to the same in the composite?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

No, sorry.
A composite is made up of the midpoints of two planets in the natals.
A midpoint can represent two planets that are in trine, square, opposition, etc.
Both easy and difficult aspects.
So if there are two mars in the two natals in square, but their midpoint touches the midpoint, lets say between the two Jupiters, we would have Jupiter conjunct mars in the composite, which shows that in the relationship the negative aspects of the mars square will be mitigated by their contact with Jupiter. But the mars square still exists and manifests its energy in a harsh way between the two persons.
Not sure if this is a clear explanation, let me know.
Basically you cannot substitute one for the other.
About the difference between the sun/moon conjunction in synastry, which is a strong and positive contact, and the same one in the composite, follows the example I gave above. The composite sun/moon conjunction could be actually made up of unrelated sun/moon contacts between the natals, even in difficult aspect (moon square moon, sun opposing sun, etc), but they work out as a conjunction in the composite. Which shows that in the relationship the two energies can express themselves in a positive way.
Thanks for this interesting question!

McKnight

No, sorry.
A composite is made up of the midpoints of two planets in the natals.
A midpoint can represent two planets that are in trine, square, opposition, etc.
Both easy and difficult aspects.
So if there are two mars in the two natals in square, but their midpoint touches the midpoint, lets say between the two Jupiters, we would have Jupiter conjunct mars in the composite, which shows that in the relationship the negative aspects of the mars square will be mitigated by their contact with Jupiter. But the mars square still exists and manifests its energy in a harsh way between the two persons.
Not sure if this is a clear explanation, let me know.
Basically you cannot substitute one for the other.
About the difference between the sun/moon conjunction in synastry, which is a strong and positive contact, and the same one in the composite, follows the example I gave above. The composite sun/moon conjunction could be actually made up of unrelated sun/moon contacts between the natals, even in difficult aspect (moon square moon, sun opposing sun, etc), but they work out as a conjunction in the composite. Which shows that in the relationship the two energies can express themselves in a positive way.
Thanks for this interesting question!

I'm starting to understand it more.

So what are your thoughts on my specific example? No moon contacts except Uranus novile, and square to Pluto in synastry, yet several good contacts(and loose square with Saturn) in Composite?