Single Persons Bedroom

StarNur

Aqua Sun
Pisces Moon
Gem Rising

Hmm im not consistent...sometimes it's clean, sometimes it's messy.

When it's messy there is a purpose behind it...lol, Im too tired and don't care...who's gonna see my room?? When i delay organizing it, i reason to my self that I know where everything is in this chaos and if someone comes into my room in an attempt to steal something they'll have a hard time doing that. Ive had first had experience with this one a couple of occasions...for example my appartment went up in smoke one day (not my doing) and the one who got robbed was my neat and organized friend in the other room...money and jewelry...the fire/security/housing crew didnt have the time to search through my disorganized drawers and closet to find a my valuables... hence the benefit of disorderliness :p

I'm beginning to feel like the oddball in this bunch. Not only am I a Leo, but I have slight OC and am AR to some extent.

My rising sign is 6 degrees Capricorn, sun is 17 degrees Leo, moon is 1 degree Virgo. It's clean. Recently remodeled with new carpet (light tan), closet and closet unit, flat screen TV on the wall, dog kennel in the corner (my Pug sleeps there when not sleeping with me in the bed). The walls are a light yellow but I keep the blind closed and the drapes drawn (don't need the neighbors to watch me over their fence).

The second "bedroom" is rented and the third "bedroom" serves as a personal home office. It too, is light yellow with light tan carpet. The bookcase is fairly neat with books in order but my desk is slight messy (okay, I have trouble finding the checkbook and important papers from time to time).

So what does this say about me? or does it?

Interesting thread to say the least. It appears "messy bedroom syndrome" is more a function of our natal moment than our position in life (I've known wealth that were messy and poor who were spotless).

By the way, does anyone know anything about a possible 9-year cycle? I cannot find anything on it yet major changes (for the good) have occurred in my life at 9-year intervals (1974, 1983, 1992, 2001 - kind of looking forward to 2010).

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. Puzzles me to no end.

ScorpiosRock

icedcoldtea said:
By the way, does anyone know anything about a possible 9-year cycle? I cannot find anything on it yet major changes (for the good) have occurred in my life at 9-year intervals (1974, 1983, 1992, 2001 - kind of looking forward to 2010).

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. Puzzles me to no end.
I must say that I've notice a 1 year cycle (crashed my car on the same date three years in a row since I got it, bumped into a girl from work a year and a day after we both quit at the same job) as well as a seven year cycle for drastic changes (don't even go there). Some of my friends has also told me about the seven year cycle thing happening. I'm looking forward to nothing, my re-cycle begins only in 2015.

Starz

I hear you there you Virgo cleaner you :D My sun sign is Taurus capricorn rising. So why cant I find a nice Cappy who doesnt work so much.?:confused:

Well my bedroom is not what I would like it to be. Im barely in it. On the other hand my Aquarius daughters bedroom is like a comfy cozy warm and fuzzy kinda room. But like I said Im barely in my bedroom except to sleep of course. I think that I would like a room like hers. I go in her room to cuddle;)

Squapius

Banned
ASC: Cappy
Sun&Moon: Gemini

Well, my room is at its best clean and everything is in order.
I clean it once after a week and a half, because I can´t live in a room that is dirty and with a lot of clothes in the floor.
The walls are blood red and I love it to be warm in the night, and that´s cool when I can´t sleep. I´m like an owl.
One wall, that is made of wood, has a lot of holes (the snoring coming from the first floor makes me very angry, and I punched it).
There is not much furniture and no decoration, I just have the essential things.

xD what an unastrological post.

VENUS

what a cool thread! :D

aquarius sun
libra rising
cancer moon

i always thought my astro configuration signified the way i have my apt!
every room is painted a different color

living room is red with a very cool setting, very artsy, romantic, and cute
kitchen lime green
bedroom fushcia/pink
dress/makeup room royal purple

always redecorating my house btw...always makin it prettier and all that fun stuff (libra rising)
i also think with my pisces mars(cusp of 4th and 5th), i always try and make it serene, and sensual...

i decided to take a pic of my bed in my bedroom ( i take great pride in it because thats where i ALWAYS al when i am home, including where my friends and i hang out) i also took a pic of my fave calendar. shes a great artist btw (josephine wall)
room.jpg

calendar.jpg

VENUS

and btw DEANNA
your room is awesome!!!! love it!! i think ur leo moon makes u extremely creative at heart!!!!

queenfluff

Interesting thread!

Lets see.

Scorpio Rising, Virgo Sun, Moon in Sag.

But honestly I think my bedroom reflects my Neptune in 1st the most and its aspects too.

I call my bed the "Cinderella" bed. Its a gorgeous curly hand foraged, brushed steel bed that look like something you might see in a medieval castle plus a standing mirror to match. (that's my "looking glass" haha). Bought at Z Gallery back when I first got a good paying job so I splurged because I had been eyeing that bed for a while - my "dream" bed. Pier 1 nightstand to match the steel silver color.

IKEA dressers are a antique light brown colored (if they came in silver I would have gotten that!). And red IKEA arm chair and ottoman (normally would be in living room but I don't have my own living room right now - FYI, my living was all black and red IKEA furniture when I had it - very Scorpio Rising - plus wrought iron candlesticks and pre-raphelite prints throughout).

Amber colored lamp that adds an orange warm color to the room like a sunset.

Of course, being very Neptuney - my organic cotton (my Virgo) comforters sheets and quilts in an emotional light blue shade. Curtains are also lighter blue.

So, yeah, it is a its a "romantic", "fantasy", "otherwordly", slightly "gothic", definatley eclectic (people always say that about my decorating skills) - If I get ambitious I take a pic and post later. :) And no, it is never super messy (Virgo Sun) - no clothes on the floor. Not everything is labeled and tidly organized - but I have my method and it is a small space and my Virgo Sun is very resourceful at this. :) I know where to find almost everything. :cool:

Color scheme is definately silver, light blue, dark red and black. Oh, and cat... yes, live cats are in the room. Black and white.

Last edited:

bittermoon

I had to laugh when I saw this thread :)

Having said that, I have Venus (in Gemini) on my IC. (and Cancer Sun, Scorpio Moon). Even when I didn't live in nice spaces, I always made my place look very nice, often with very little money. My bedroom is a place to retreat. Modern and clean. No clutter, definitely no television (though my laptop is my bed companion :/), only some books and a big piece of colourful art on the walls. I also never throw my clothes on the floor -- perhaps I was a Virgo in a previous life!

chris

Every single person in this forum: How does you bedroom look like? Why? Write your risign sign, sun and moon. If you have very much of some element, house or sign mention it!

Feel free to post photos even if the room is messy.

/Virgo Risign, Cleaning right now.

I am a Cancer Sun, Taurus Moon, and Sagittarius Rising and my room is rather bland-looking with no decorations. My desks looks like the cockpit of a starship with all the technological equipment that I use (mainly printer, speakers, my Mac, and a monitor for my laptop.)

mirthyQ

born on a full moon
sun/mercury: Cancer in 1st house
moon: Capricorn in 7th house
Asc: Gemini

4th house: Uranus Leo on IC, conjunct Mars/N.node Leo, conjunct Pluto Virgo

A cancer with a nuclear reactor in his 4th house? Naturally, I am creatively (leo) being inventive and future striving (Uranus) and have decided to build a house using a "different" type of building method (Lots of earth in chart).

So for now I have to live in a 250 square foot trailer on a peice of property and sometimes I feel like a caged lion in such a small space.
My trailer is my bedroom, really. There are a few tools (mars) here and there, building related things, and it is so small the leo in me can't bare to keep it tidy (it feels undignifying, so I let it go), and jupiter in the 9th kind of makes me claustraphobic, too.

But I am mostly spiritual so I fill the walls with enlightened beings and I try to "tune in" to these Gurus. When my meditative life is going good I am more content and I am neater.

Once I have built the house my color scheme will be light gray (saturn)or white with 2 accenting colors - powdery sky blue and reddish pink.

Last edited:

midnight sun

I don't clean my bedroom usually and sometimes I'm messy too. But I like to categorize and tidy the the room.

I have lots of books. And it will be very cliche but I have a corner of sea. I'm collecting ceramics and small paintings which has fish, sea or boat pictures, shells and stones from sea. And other small memorial things I get from the places I travel to. This corner is very important for me, I'm very happy to look at it.

I have a big classics of rock poster as a nostalgie of my adolescent years, I can't throw it out. I have two guitars in the room which causes the room to look smaller than it is. Now the room is colored white, I want it so for a soul cleaning and a new beginning. I love all colors so there are almost lots of things from any color.

You can easily guess it but I'll tell:happy:

Sun and Mars in Cancer in 9th house
Moon in Virgo
Asc is Libra
Pluto in 1st house
Neptune is in opposition to Sun-Mars
So I'm full of water, I want to hang fish and sea pictures to everything, I can't keep myself...:biggrin: My ideal house is a Mediterranean one

mister_hank

Sun: Leo
Moon: Pisces
ASC: Capricorn

I'm currently sharing a bedroom with a male person. On my walls, I have a couple of bus & subway maps. I live across the ocean (although I'm stuck here due to heavy blizzard and every road is paralyzed).

I have a couple of books on my TV desk, although I don't read them since I currently have a Nook (eReader). I have 2 bibles (both Contemporary English Version, one Hardcover, one Paperback).

Although I barely stay in my room for a long period, I always go outdoors until late past midnight.

kennedyrosewhith

My room is very cluttered. I have books stacked everywhere, and my drawers aren't quite big enough for all my clothes, so they tend to be everywhere too, except for every now and then when i get sick of the clutter and straighten things up a little. I often have a book or two sitting on my bed that i've been reading. I now have 5 pillows, a body pillow, and 5 blankets, and my bed is sooo comfortable, but is never made. I've got Sun in Cancer, Moon in Capricorn, and Taurus Ascending, with Sun & Venus in the 3rd (books), and Mars in Taurus in the 12th (i usually don't sleep too soundly, i kick the covers around so that's why i never make my bed).

My room is cluttered, but i think it's very me, and i like that it looks heavily lived in.

piercethevale

Haunted by something so nasty I can't sleep in it. Here's the horary - knock yourself out if you're so inclined. Whatever it is seems to resist any and all attempts at banishing.

Ergo, I sleep on the living room sofa.

Hour & Day are both Venus.

myhaunt.jpg
Recite names of God while sprinkling Kosher Salt under your mattress and round your bed in a circle...put some in an atomizer with water to make a solution and spray it around the ceiling [esp. the corners] chase it out of your house...call Clarisse Conner the Clairvoyant...see can actually SEE what is haunting you...Olivia...Olivia...Olivia...just because I think you are a 'B' doesn't mean I won't help defend you....I am a sworw...SWORN...enemy of the 'Dark-Ones'.
Shalom.

Last edited:

MTTY05

Its a total dump in here. Plenty of clutter, not enough organization. I wish it wasn't like this, but it won't change.

Virgo Sun, Libra Moon, Cap Asc.

Luisant

Sun in leo, moon in capricorn, libra ascendant.

However I don't have a actually a real bedroom (because all my stuff is only in one room), but it's still always clean, organized and harmonic.

I have a double bed which I make every morning (with nice pillows with), a big mirror, only one poster on the wall, light shaded walls (white with a little grey), a carpet same color with the chest of drawers, and a chest of drawers where I can hide all my things (laptop, make up, etc), two chairs (one what I use as a table for my tv and other I sit when I study etc). Basically the only stuff that I like to keep at sight are my lamp and couple of storage boxes on the bureau. I like my surroundings to be ascetic but still beautiful and I like to match things.

chiron

Asc-Leo
Sun-Scorpio
Moon-Capricorn

My room is a mess for awhile I didn't want anything on my walls, such as posters, pictures,etc.

EhTeam

leo sun/moon.

I am not single, but my bedroom has remained very similar.

Single:
Elevated, cherry wood, four poster bed, My mattress top was about 4 feet off the ground. My dresser was tall as well, about 5' at the top. I took great care in finding the perfect dresser for my clothes. Deep enough drawers to hold pants and slacks, thin drawers for under garments.
Colors: Cream & Pink

Married:
We broke the first bed frame, and slept without a bed frame for 3 years. Recently I found a set that had a very similar dresser to mine. No foot board this time, and dark espresso stained wood. The bed still sits about 4' off the floor, and his dresser is about 5' tall.
Colors: Soft Yellow and Blue

Both times I have maintained white walls, no art or electronics, not even the net book. I prefer little to no window coverings as I like to let the light in from the moment it rises.

My room isn't ever cluttered. Dark laundry in the blue basket, lights in the white basket. If clothes ARE on the floor, it's due to my tendency to pick out an outfit, and settle with a different one, while leaving the other one out, before remembering a shirt that I had, that goes better with another skirt, that matches a different pair of shoes that requires leggings that..... They go back after a day or so.

Photos to follow.