Sun 12 vs Moon 1st

Love2Know

Hello, I am still a little confused between these aspects in relation to absorbing energy and generally being able to get good energy ready from crowds and individuals etc. I have a 12th house sun in whole signs and a moon 1st. The moon placement does not change. I generally do not use whole signs but I am starting to consider it more. Especially since I feel a lot more 12th sun but I can also feel 11 sun at times so any clairification will help. Thank you!

Love2Know

Another thing, recently I was in an awkward and stressful extended family situation and I walked in the room and everyone staired at me. I couldn’t get a good read on anything and just felt suffocated and blocked. What does this mean?

muchacho

Another thing, recently I was in an awkward and stressful extended family situation and I walked in the room and everyone staired at me. I couldn’t get a good read on anything and just felt suffocated and blocked. What does this mean?
Wrong time, wrong place. :wink:

Love2Know

Wrong time, wrong place. :wink:

Fair lol they also all had earth moons Taurus and Capricorn in that room except for 1 unconfirmed. Prob blocking me out and I hate it. I was told I come off very strong for their dynamic. I put things out in the open too much apparently. Running in Leo Moon full blast maybe. I am speculating 🤔

muchacho

Fair lol they also all had earth moons Taurus and Capricorn in that room except for 1 unconfirmed. Prob blocking me out and I hate it. I was told I come off very strong for their dynamic. I put things out in the open too much apparently. Running in Leo Moon full blast maybe. I am speculating 🤔
Moon in 1st can't hide anything. And Leo doesn't see the point in hiding anything. So there you go, hehe.

Love2Know

Anyways I can relate to both suns 11 and 12... I need to be with people but I also need to recharge. If I am totally alone for too long then I get upset. I love groups but I can get exhausted easily. I love teamwork but I can also like to work alone. I feel like other planets come into play too. My father can fit both descriptions as well. Ugh 😑
His moon is 12 house Gemini and he almost never spoke of my grandparents who died when he was young. I don’t know if this gives me a clue. He as a person is insanely social and did Overseas humanitarian work when I was a child. I always wished to join him. His work consisted of both helping with shelter basic survival, organizing events and psychology guidance. These both can blend to my sun house options.

Last edited:

muchacho

Thanks they started to give me advice on how I show my emotions too much and this could hurt me professionally. The fact my eyes always water apparently is bad for buisness. I am super confused by these statements. I am not going to try to change the fact I show emotional responses. I am not a robot! But I was also told people can find this unsettling. I don’t get unsettled by this from others though. I don’t know I am immersed into such a political dynamic now.
Well, Moon in Leo can be a drama queen or a diva when out of alignment. So you may actually overdo it at times and they may have a point. So if that really is a problem, then you better look for greener pastures. Not sure what kind of business you are in but people generally do appreciate genuine emotions.

muchacho

Anyways I can relate to both suns 11 and 12... I need to be with people but I also need to recharge. If I am totally alone for too long then I get upset. I love groups but I can get exhausted easily. I love teamwork but I can also like to work alone. I feel like other planets come into play too. My father can fit both descriptions as well. Ugh 😑
His moon is 12 house Gemini and he almost never spoke of my grandparents who died when he was young. I don’t know if this gives me a clue. He as a person is insanely social and did Overseas humanitarian work when I was a child. I always wished to join him. His work consisted of both helping with shelter basic survival, organizing events and psychology guidance. These both can blend to my sun house options.
That sounds more like a 11th house Sun.

StillOne

Are you Leo rising? Your Ascendant and aspects to the Asc will impact how you come across to others.

I know a couple of Leo moons personally and they both differ in how they emote. My Mom is a Pisces Asc and a Scorpio Sun with that Leo Moon and she displays emotion quite differently than my buddy who is Libra Rising, Aries Sun and Leo Moon.

Last edited:

Love2Know

Are you Leo rising? Your Ascendant and aspects to the Asc will impact how you come across to others.

I know a couple of Leo moons personally and they both differ in how they emote. My Mom is a Pisces Asc and a Scorpio Sun with that Leo Moon and she displays emotion quite differently than my buddy who is Libra Rising, Aries Sun and Leo Moon.
Yes good point and
Yes still Leo rising too.
And my friend has gem sun cancer rising Leo Moon. We come off very differently except both our moms are overly opinionated about every aspect of our lives and controlling when we were kids. They are both self proclaimed artists too. And protective.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I generally do not use whole signs but I am starting to consider it more. Especially since I feel a lot more 12th sun but I can also feel 11 sun at times so any clairification will help. Thank you!

In what ways do you feel 12th or 11th sun? Do you just see it as a needing both group energy and alone time? Or is it more than that?

Something I've noticed with people who have eleventh house suns (at least, those I know to have sun in the eleventh) is a tendency to be very community oriented. One such person often signs emails with "In community, (name)." The others I can think of (including the one mentioned in the previous sentence) have all been very much involved in building community, starting and/or leading community organizations, activism in some cases, that kind of thing. Community is part of their signature, literally or figuratively.

One of the people I'm thinking of has, like you, the sun in the twelfth house whole sign. Not only is she very community focused, she's also a proponent of, and deeply involved in, ancestral healing work. I see a twelfth house stamp on that.

Love2Know

In what ways do you feel 12th or 11th sun? Do you just see it as a needing both group energy and alone time? Or is it more than that?

Something I've noticed with people who have eleventh house suns (at least, those I know to have sun in the eleventh) is a tendency to be very community oriented. One such person often signs emails with "In community, (name)." The others I can think of (including the one mentioned in the previous sentence) have all been very much involved in building community, starting and/or leading community organizations, activism in some cases, that kind of thing. Community is part of their signature, literally or figuratively.

One of the people I'm thinking of has, like you, the sun in the twelfth house whole sign. Not only is she very community focused, she's also a proponent of, and deeply involved in, ancestral healing work. I see a twelfth house stamp on that.

Interesting! I grew up in a very community oriented burrow and the adults had housing committees for different aspects. I found it to be nice I guess but I was always bugged to be more involved. My goal was to become a person who owned all their own things and didn’t have to answer to anyone but still have a nice community around. Also, I have a Pluto third and have had bad dealings with literally insane neighbours. Now I did love chat and forums and astrology books and spiritual books.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting! I grew up in a very community oriented burrow and the adults had housing committees for different aspects. I found it to be nice I guess but I was always bugged to be more involved. My goal was to become a person who owned all their own things and didn’t have to answer to anyone but still have a nice community around. Also, I have a Pluto third and have had bad dealings with literally insane neighbours. Now I did love chat and forums and astrology books and spiritual books.

Burrow? You lived in a rabbit warren? :tongue:

Sounds very Cancer-like. As does your wanting to have your own things... your own home? ....but still have community around you. That's a perfect fit for a Cancer sun in a social house.

Love2Know

Burrow? You lived in a rabbit warren? :tongue:

Sounds very Cancer-like. As does your wanting to have your own things... your own home? ....but still have community around you. That's a perfect fit for a Cancer sun in a social house.

Oh man I blew my cover as a mutant rabbit 🐰 yeah I see your point but this whole different house system thing bugs me. Also mars 5th but mars 6th wholesigns suites me really well. I am pretty crazy obsessed at work. Then is that a cap mars and my aspects like geez. Ugh

Osamenor

Staff member
Whenever something is in one house by one system but another house by another... like 12th whole sign but 11th in whatever quadrant system you use... I like to look at where the meanings of the houses overlap. Adjacent houses always have some common ground. I think that also works well for planets that are right at a house cusp.

In the case of your sun, both the eleventh and the twelfth houses deal with the long term, the future, who you become to your society, what you will be remembered for, and the legacy you leave. In the eleventh live people who help you get there (a more archaic meaning of the word "friends"). In the twelfth live the influences you don't necessarily know... what you've inherited from ancestors gone before you were born, the secrets that died with them but that you might still be living out in your own life, that kind of thing. For someone whose sun straddles those houses, both the real world community and the unseen community are key growth arenas.

I have the same Mars house conundrum: Mars is in my sixth sign from the AC, but right on the cusp, so every system except whole sign places it in the fifth. I see a need for passion and movement in my work. I'm not at all content with sitting at a desk all day, week after week (Mars in Gemini!). If I like what I'm doing, I can keep it up for a while, but if I don't, no way is it going to last.

The fifth and sixth houses share the meaning of "what you do." In the fifth house, you do things because you want to. In the sixth, you do them because you have to. Ideally, what you do for a living (or day to day, if you're not employed for pay) stems from what you truly like. Perhaps a driven Capricorn Mars would have you turn something that you've become good at because it was your hobby, and you were motivated to do it until you perfected your skill, into your job. If you're crazy driven at work, maybe you've done just that, or maybe you've found that you like your work, and/or the rewards it brings, which motivates you to keep being driven.

Love2Know

Whenever something is in one house by one system but another house by another... like 12th whole sign but 11th in whatever quadrant system you use... I like to look at where the meanings of the houses overlap. Adjacent houses always have some common ground. I think that also works well for planets that are right at a house cusp.

In the case of your sun, both the eleventh and the twelfth houses deal with the long term, the future, who you become to your society, what you will be remembered for, and the legacy you leave. In the eleventh live people who help you get there (a more archaic meaning of the word "friends"). In the twelfth live the influences you don't necessarily know... what you've inherited from ancestors gone before you were born, the secrets that died with them but that you might still be living out in your own life, that kind of thing. For someone whose sun straddles those houses, both the real world community and the unseen community are key growth arenas.

I have the same Mars house conundrum: Mars is in my sixth sign from the AC, but right on the cusp, so every system except whole sign places it in the fifth. I see a need for passion and movement in my work. I'm not at all content with sitting at a desk all day, week after week (Mars in Gemini!). If I like what I'm doing, I can keep it up for a while, but if I don't, no way is it going to last.

The fifth and sixth houses share the meaning of "what you do." In the fifth house, you do things because you want to. In the sixth, you do them because you have to. Ideally, what you do for a living (or day to day, if you're not employed for pay) stems from what you truly like. Perhaps a driven Capricorn Mars would have you turn something that you've become good at because it was your hobby, and you were motivated to do it until you perfected your skill, into your job. If you're crazy driven at work, maybe you've done just that, or maybe you've found that you like your work, and/or the rewards it brings, which motivates you to keep being driven.

Oh wow this is very interesting to blend house energies!
The Capricorn mars 5th and 6th both work. Also the energy of Capricorn I definitely feel at work in 5th and 6th. The Sun opposition mars is also felt as I can end up in power struggles with people without realizing it myself. The hidden world of the male bravado can elude me as I always felt quite generdless 😂 in terms of gender roles. It is definitely all connected. I have seen women look up to men and idealize them as leaders in my workplace. I have always been told my personality is dominant. My father taught me not to accept authority blindly. He would tell me this since I was a child. This for sure has shaped my mentality. I like to meet all people on the same level.
The hidden force of my ancestors is something I believe in for everyone. All I really know of my grandparents is that they all had fire signs I believe. My brother and I both have fire rising signs which is interesting. Thanks for the description!