How does my ex feel for me?

scahm

My most recent ex recently got engaged to the woman that he left me for and I cannot bring myself to stop thinking about him - it's almost as though I'm reliving the hurt of him leaving me again. I want to be really clear that I have no intention of ever reaching out to him or jeopardising his relationship, but I can't help but feel curious about what he thinks of me or how he feels for me - oddly, he continues to keep tabs on my life through social media.

I'm in my 12th house of self-undoing, which makes sense to me - I haven't been doing very well lately, but I wonder if this chart gives any indication of his mindset?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 16.01.21.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 16.01.21.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 16.01.32.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 16.01.32.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 37

IleneK

Premium Member
My most recent ex recently got engaged to the woman that he left me for and I cannot bring myself to stop thinking about him - it's almost as though I'm reliving the hurt of him leaving me again. I want to be really clear that I have no intention of ever reaching out to him or jeopardising his relationship, but I can't help but feel curious about what he thinks of me or how he feels for me - oddly, he continues to keep tabs on my life through social media.

I'm in my 12th house of self-undoing, which makes sense to me - I haven't been doing very well lately, but I wonder if this chart gives any indication of his mindset?

Thank you.

He/Sun has the very faintest of reception for you/Saturn, by face. You however receive him by exaltation, underscoring your feelings still for him, now by hurt.

Your curiosity, the remnants of remaining connected in some way, is driven by your reception toward him.

As you see, you and he meet by exact, partile, square.
It is time to stop paying attention to him in any way, including paying attention to his paying attention to you though social media. You will be doing yourself a real kindness.

Ukpoohbear

Of course the ex loves Venus. He’s about to get married to Venus :lol:

Makes sense. I didn’t even look at Venus in the chart, just going by reception but it makes sense Venus would be his future wife. Although you’d expect him to exalt someone he’s about to marry and not his ex. This guy shouldn’t be getting married at all, he’s a player :unsure:

scahm

He/Sun has the very faintest of reception for you/Saturn, by face. You however receive him by exaltation, underscoring your feelings still for him, now by hurt.

Your curiosity, the remnants of remaining connected in some way, is driven by your reception toward him.

As you see, you and he meet by exact, partile, square.
It is time to stop paying attention to him in any way, including paying attention to his paying attention to you though social media. You will be doing yourself a real kindness.

Thank you, Ilene. Like Ukpoohbear, I normally read receptions the other way round too but your interpretation sounds rather apt as I can't stop thinking of the good times with him. I know I need to stop paying attention to him but it's one of those things that's easier said than done - we also have mutual friends so I hear about him often.

I think there's a possibility of an accurate interpretation if we interpreted receptions the other way round too - we broke up because he ultimately had very different lifestyles - he had wanted to settle down and have a quiet life, whereas I had bigger dreams for myself. He had even confided to a friend that he felt insecure about me. I don't doubt that he loves his fiancé but I can't help but wonder whether he jumped into an engagement so quickly due to his own inner wounding.

ElenaJ

Actually there is a mutual reception, sun in Saturn's exaltation and triplicity, and Saturn in sun's Face so it would seem there are still feelings there.
Sun however is in the sign of Venus, in her power.
If Venus is his fiancé and she is on the way to marriage with the sun, why is she in exact opposition to Neptune?
Sun's 7th house of marriage is the radical ascendent, where pisces (Neptune) is intercepted, and the house is ruled by Saturn in the separating square.
Sun in libra wants a partner, wants marriage. Saturn is in business oriented Capricorn.
And Venus is in her own radical house in virgo, the virgin.
What is going on here, scahm?

scahm

Actually there is a mutual reception, sun in Saturn's exaltation and triplicity, and Saturn in sun's Face so it would seem there are still feelings there.
Sun however is in the sign of Venus, in her power.
If Venus is his fiancé and she is on the way to marriage with the sun, why is she in exact opposition to Neptune?
Sun's 7th house of marriage is the radical ascendent, where pisces (Neptune) is intercepted, and the house is ruled by Saturn in the separating square.
Sun in libra wants a partner, wants marriage. Saturn is in business oriented Capricorn.
And Venus is in her own radical house in virgo, the virgin.
What is going on here, scahm?

I'm not sure I understand, ElenaJ, what are you suggesting?

scahm

It doesn't make sense.
This doesn't look like a marriage in the works.

So him separating from the square with Saturn indicates that he doesn't actually want the marriage and that the Venus/Neptune opposition indicates that she's being deluded about this?

ElenaJ

That could be one explanation. Although, as I wrote libra does want marriage/partners.
Saturn is your significator but also his 7th house.
And pisces is intercepted there, which means it has no way of expressing itself, but it's co-significator opposes Venus.
I'm not seeing a picture in the chart that corresponds to what you wrote.

scahm

That could be one explanation. Although, as I wrote libra does want marriage/partners.
Saturn is your significator but also his 7th house.
And pisces is intercepted there, which means it has no way of expressing itself, but it's co-significator opposes Venus.
I'm not seeing a picture in the chart that corresponds to what you wrote.

Sorry, I still don't really understand. Are you suggesting an affair of some sort then? I haven't had any contact with him since we broke up, so that can't be the case.

scahm

You know the more you pry into his life the more you’re working against your road to getting over him?

I take your point, Bunraku. It's hard not to when you have so many unanswered questions though. We were happy in our relationship until we weren't and then he disappeared and announced this new relationship three weeks later on Instagram.