Covid-19: how are you responding?

Osamenor

Staff member
In Sweden we are less restrictive than in all other countries it seems. The trams/subways are crowded, people go to afterski and nightclubs, schools are open. Today they decided that people are not allowed to stand in line to buffes at restaurants, but buffes are still allowed. They also say that gatherings of more than 500 people are not allowed. We should basically live as usual but wash our hands more. If we get sick we should stay home.

That's where we were two weeks ago. The situation changed drastically in that time.

waybread

Just read in your previous post about your sis in law and brother having it :sad:

Since all this I've been drinking hot lemon water daily, it alkalizes the body which viruses cant survive in. Tell her to drink some fresh lemon water to help.

My mother's home remedy was hot lemonade. She added sugar, but I prefer honey. It's also a good source of vitamin C.

My husband and I are retirees, so it's not such a hardship to stay home. On the other hand, our age puts us in a high risk group.

I'm a bit bugged by the mixed messages we receive. We're told to lay in a 2-weeks supply of food. But when people do that, they're accused of hoarding. And frankly this thing is going to go on for longer than 2 weeks.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

It works, but it's glitchy.

I read an article some time ago about the touch screens at MacDonalds.
These are rarely cleaned, and it seems they test for a high content of feces!
So maybe with the virus regulations, people will get into the habit of washing their hands more often!

waybread

Neptunian Rainbow, I hope you feel better soon. This is a good time just to stay home.

A lot of craziness in the US. Now Donald Trump and the governor of Texas are saying it's OK to sacrifice granny to COVID-19 if opening more businesses to customers will keep the economy going. Obviously overworked (and sometimes infected) ER doctors and nurses don't think this is helpful.

Chrysalis

I have a feeling they will up things another level in the UK very shortly, maybe the mars/Saturn conjunction will be what triggers this happening. I don't think Uk is taking it so seriously, yes they are staying inside more, but I've still seen groups of children in the park and non-family members visiting homes they don't live at. Because the suns now [coincidentally] come out now as well and the weathers got warmer, people are thinking this is one big holiday.

I'm using my time productively so far. I'm glad I've got a lot of hobbies I like to do or I'd be tearing my hair out if not.

Hkk

Account Closed
I have a feeling they will up things another level in the UK very shortly, maybe the mars/Saturn conjunction will be what triggers this happening. I don't think Uk is taking it so seriously, yes they are staying inside more, but I've still seen groups of children in the park and non-family members visiting homes they don't live at. Because the suns now [coincidentally] come out now as well and the weathers got warmer, people are thinking this is one big holiday.

I'm using my time productively so far. I'm glad I've got a lot of hobbies I like to do or I'd be tearing my hair out if not.

I think U.K. will up things too. Ppl are taking the ****

In India they beat the shite out of ppl unfortunately they don’t do that in U.K. and USA etc but when I see ppl on the news taking the **** I want the police to follow the indian police and beat the shot out of them all. Sometimes though a good beating won’t knock sense into ppl but they can try! 😊👍

three M symbols

I think U.K. will up things too. Ppl are taking the ****

In India they beat the shite out of ppl unfortunately they don’t do that in U.K. and USA etc but when I see ppl on the news taking the **** I want the police to follow the indian police and beat the shot out of them all. Sometimes though a good beating won’t knock sense into ppl but they can try! ����

In France if you want to be outside of your home, you need to print a paper.
And select the reason (for example buying food, helping someone in danger (like an elderly), walking your dog, going at work, or other important reasons.) You have to write an accurate hour for your short travel. And we're restricted in the distance too. If you don't have this paper outside, or have a wrong reason/hour, police will give you a fine. (and they increase the amounts progressively because a lot of people still doesn't respect the lockdown)

Ukpoohbear

covid-19.jpg

Hkk

Account Closed
In France if you want to be outside of your home, you need to print a paper.
And select the reason (for example buying food, helping someone in danger (like an elderly), walking your dog, going at work, or other important reasons.) You have to write an accurate hour for your short travel. And we're restricted in the distance too. If you don't have this paper outside, or have a wrong reason/hour, police will give you a fine. (and they increase the amounts progressively because a lot of people still doesn't respect the lockdown)

I agree with EJ Better late than never. Everything they are doing is to stop the virus spreading and to save lives. Is this working in France. What’s the death rate and contagious rate so far now?

Chrysalis

A message that's been posted on Facebook for the Uk.

Dear all,

This is a full and frank message. Please forward to the rest of the family, and your loved ones if you choose.

I had a meeting today with our Medical Director, who has been in touch with government. The following therefore has some authority.

By the weekend, London will be in full lockdown, with Army manned checkpoints. Only key workers, NHS staff, police, ambulance, fire, delivery drivers, and teachers looking after the children of the above, will be allowed to move around the city.

By next week, those restrictions will apply to the country.

Tonight Lewisham Hospital is overwhelmed, ambulances on divert, and only a few ventilators left. QEH is close behind. My Trust is in the frontline of this epidemic, mainly due to local demographics. The rest of the NHS is probably little more than a week behind. We have denied critical care to four patients today, who will die as a result.

I must now be clear. Anyone over 75 years old will be denied critical care; anyone over 65 with diseases, eg diabetes, COPD, will be denied critical care. We are ramping up palliative care services. If an elderly patient falls sick, and requires hospital care, there will be an immediate DNAR order on them. They will be palliated, and they will live or die. The government forecast of 250,000 deaths is, we believe, hopelessly optimistic.

The mortality rate is very high in the elderly. The ICU stay on a ventilator even in survivors is about three weeks. We will run out of ventilators in a week.

The Army is setting up field hospitals, no doubt with squaddies manually bagging patients.

You will not hear this from Boris Johnson for a few days. But please be assured it is coming. We are two weeks behind Italy.

For the family therefore, anyone over 65 is to self isolate, possibly for many weeks. Maintain contact through frequent video calls. If they need food or supplies, take them over and leave the bags on the doorstep, and wave at them from at least a six foot distance. They are not to touch the bags for 15 minutes. Do not visit for 14 days if you or anyone in your household is unwell with and fever, cough or 'flu like symptoms. If you are unwell, stay indoors, along with your whole family. Have a neighbour or a friend drop off supplies, with no social contact.

We need to blunt the curve, which is right now exponentially rising.

For myself, you cannot imagine the stress we are under. The awful decisions we will have to make. We will be taking otherise healthy 60 year olds off a ventilator to die so we can save a 30 year old.

Please stay safe. I'll email when I can with news from the frontline.

With much love to you all,

Last edited:

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Opal and Waybread,
I live in an extra care flat, one of 54 flats.
Today we had two people suspected of having Coronavirus, we have been told to stay in our flats.
If i play poker with the Devil, i hope i dont get the card below:-
uo5e7b3072.png

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Opal and Waybread,
I live in an extra care flat, one of 54 flats.
Today we had two people suspected of having Coronavirus, we have been told to stay in our flats.
If i play poker with the Devil, i hope i dont get the card below:-
uo5e7b3072.png

Hi Monk!

I have been wondering about people in apartments and care flats. I have been viewing this as a flu. I had the flu two years ago, I was down for 3 days. I slept quite well.

Technically, it is a game of chance, every year. Nice way to look at it.🙂

I am hearing that people that have had the measles or that people that have been immunized for them are less likely to get coronavirus. No idea if it is true, I hear a lot of stuff. On the upside both of us my husband and I, have been immunized in our youth, and both of us have had the measles.

I have been hearing also that the younger people getting it, and dying from it, use vapes. Not sure of the validity of that either.

Stay safe Monk, you don’t need this any year!

ElenaJ

"that people that have had the measles or that people that have been immunized for them are less likely to get coronavirus."

"I have been hearing also that the younger people getting it, and dying from it, use vapes."

Haven't heard any of this on the statistics and analysis here.
In theory, since Corona enters the lungs, where it does it's damage, anyone who smokes or vapes is vulnerable, as those with asthma, pneumonia, etc.

At any rate, Monk, if you plan to play with that deck I suggest to leave that card out of the pack! It's terrible!

Do the 54 guests interact at all? If you have a common cafeteria, for example, be very careful. If you can get a virtual card game set up with others it can help pass the time.

Monk

Premium Member
"that people that have had the measles or that people that have been immunized for them are less likely to get coronavirus."

"I have been hearing also that the younger people getting it, and dying from it, use vapes."

Haven't heard any of this on the statistics and analysis here.
In theory, since Corona enters the lungs, where it does it's damage, anyone who smokes or vapes is vulnerable, as those with asthma, pneumonia, etc.

At any rate, Monk, if you plan to play with that deck I suggest to leave that card out of the pack! It's terrible!

Do the 54 guests interact at all? If you have a common cafeteria, for example, be very careful. If you can get a virtual card game set up with others it can help pass the time.
We do have a lounge but we must stay in our flats, i have just heard that one resident died today of coronavirus.
The card game i'm looking at came out in 1995, 6 years before 9/11, and featured cards like below:-
uw5e7b912e.jpg