What can one with 6 planets in the 8th house expect out of life?

greybeard

What do the six planets have to say, once carefully analyzed and interpreted?

You continually ask generalized -- and therefore unanswerable -- questions. Such questions will not lead you to an understanding of astrology.

astrology02

I have sun, venus, mercury, mars in the 8th house. I am very interested in occult things…like to uncover the superficial. Like for instance my relationships are usually very private, but intense. I'm not interested in superficial conversations (mercury in 8th) . Small talk to me is a waste of time.

I think when you have a lot of planets in the 8th it gives you a very intense life experience. The 8th house to me has a lot of the same energy as pluto and the sign scorpio. It has a lot to do with death and rebirth. Not necessarily physical death, but I have went through many times in my life when i was at a breaking point, literally felt that I couldn't go on …only to a few years later grow into a whole new person.

Also I've got some inheritances and people seem to always help me out financially (2nd house represents your income, 8th is opposite and represents other people's resources)

greybeard

I have Mercury in the 8th. Small talk is fun.

I lost my inheritance.

Nobody gives me a dime.

Maybe there's more to it than just being in the Eighth House, ya think?

By the way, I disagree with Max... Striving to be happy is not likely to bring happiness.

anne3

Banned
What does a packed (6 planets) in the 8th house mean for

relationships since the 8th is after 7th (marriage)? Besides the typical 8th house issues, what does a packed house here entail for one's life?

[deleted qualifications about replies - anyone can reply with as much or as little as they choose to post - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Love2Know

Re: What does a packed (6 planets) in the 8th house mean for

I think a focused theme on death and rebirth like the death card in tarot, self transformation.

greybeard

In order to know "what to expect" from 6 planets in the 8th house, it might be nice to know...

Which planets they are...
Their arrangement in the house
Which sign they occupy
Where their lord is located, his condition
What the aspects to these planets are, their relative strengths
Whether or not they form a stellium by sign
If any of them are intercepted

Without this and more information about the six planets, no prediction or interpretation beyond the general, stereotypical Eighth House stuff is possible.

Post the chart. Every chart is unique.

With a chart in hand, some insight is possible. Without it only generalized answers are possible... equivalent to no answer at all.

You may take my previous post as criticism if you like. It was intended to be helpful, constructive criticism directed toward a person who appears to want to learn about astrology.

As to the Eighth House and relationships, in general the Eighth House suggests relationships which do not last, which end finally (bridges are burned), which result in deep turbulence for the native, and if handled constructively result in reformation of the personality. It might be said that the life can be seen as divided into rather distinct chapters.

I recall one chart -- that of a woman from Brownsville, Texas who was known as La Flaca [Sara Aldrete] -- with Saturn in Pisces in the 8th opposing a mass of planets in the 2nd who engaged in black magic and cannibalism. The 8th House in that chart received exceptional emphasis due to the single planet posited there opposing the mass in the 2nd. I suppose with six planets in the Unfortunate 8th, we could expect a voracious and insatiable cannibal. But maybe that's a rash generalization and before predicting a cannibalistic witch we will need to examine the particular chart.

Last edited:

Love2Know

I recall one chart -- that of a woman from Brownsville, Texas who was known as La Flaca [Sara Aldrete] -- with Saturn in Pisces in the 8th opposing a mass of planets in the 2nd who engaged in black magic and cannibalism. The 8th House in that chart received exceptional emphasis due to the single planet posited there opposing the mass in the 2nd. I suppose with six planets in the Unfortunate 8th, we could expect a voracious and insatiable cannibal. But maybe that's a rash generalization and before predicting a cannibalistic witch we will need to examine the particular chart.

Omg lolllll cannibalistic witch.. my word!

Bunraku

One woman I know who had a Scorpio stellium in the 8th house always received unwanted sexual attention. Most of her planets were on the top of her chart (southern hemisphere), so they were very public, and with her outgoing personality made her even more of a 'target'.

anne3

Banned
I have Mercury in the 8th. Small talk is fun.

I lost my inheritance.

Nobody gives me a dime.

Maybe there's more to it than just being in the Eighth House, ya think?

By the way, I disagree with Max... Striving to be happy is not likely to bring happiness.

Thank you for your GENERALIZED ANSWER about your mercury in 8th house.

If my posts keep getting deleted by moderator, I will just repost as moderator has stated anyone can post as much as they wish.

Last edited:

Abby

I look around my apartment and see mostly things that others have given me (hand-me-downs). I owe that to Jupiter in the 8th, with a good standing in my chart.

Marinka

If my posts keep getting deleted by moderator, I will just repost as moderator has stated anyone can post as much as they wish.

Just my two cents .....

You may want to reconsider and look at what the moderators are deleting and adjust what you are saying to keep to the rules of the forum. In my opinion, the moderators are pretty good on this forum.

If you keep on posting comments that are being deleted, there is always the possibility of being banned.

Also, currents angles have Mercury moving to conjunct Jupiter in Leo and that is being squared by Mars in Scorpio .. tendency to say too much resulting in vindictive disagreements.

greybeard

Love2....

She's on the internet. Years ago I read the biography of Alfonso Constanzo, the leader of the gang/cult of which Sara Aldrete was the second in command, la madrina. The book contained her birth time, quoted from the BC.

www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/constanzo/4.html

This website doesn't mention the cannibalism, but it was an integral part of the magical human sacrifices. Her birthdate is given online, and by placing Saturn in the 8th, well into the house if my memory serves me, you will have a workable chart.

The Eighth House receives exceptional emphasis because of the singleton Saturn there, standing in opposition to the mass of planets.

Last edited:

Larxene

Based on my understanding of a small set of ancient authors and their translaters, 8th house signifies idleness, the process of dying due to that idleness, the death itself, and inheritances from one's partners, sometimes one's parents.

There are many other factors to consider, however. Of the three main factors (planets, signs and houses), I find the planets and signs to be more important. So the first question I would ask is, where is the Sun? Then, it depends on which six planets are in there. If we take into account the three modern planets (Uranus/Neptune/Pluto), there are 210 planetary combinations possible. After that, what sign(s) are they in, and are they all in the same sign? Then we have to consider the house rulerships of those planets.

Houses and signs are important, but the planets are most important, in my opinion. So the planetary combinations completely change matters, even when we have two or more charts where six planets are in the same 8th house.

Now the combinations themselves, there are positive combinations. Venus/Mercury makes people talented in the arts and music fields. Mercury/Moon makes very perceptive and somewhat intelligent people. Mercury/Mars people are good at arguments and competitive. Mercury/Saturn makes those good at studying, thinking deeply, and makes the person fascinated in occult and philosophical enquiries. Moon/Jupiter can make the person popular or have a substantial inheritance. All this despite being placed in the 8th, because planets are stronger than houses.

On the other hand, some combinations are particularly harmful (note I only use the seven planets). For instance, Venus/Mars and Venus/Saturn both signify sexual problems. Venus/Mars can mean being overly-promiscuous (putting the native at risk of catching venereal diseases), or adultery, or it can mean being a rape victim, or having a partner who was a victim of violence or sexual crimes, etc. Venus/Saturn can make the native seek unnatural sex, from the relatively innocuous to the really dangerous (bestiality, sex with dangerous objects, sex with people who have AIDS, etc). Venus/Saturn can also lead to marriage/partnership with an older person (which isn't necessarily bad) or someone who is infertile or someone who already had children (again, not necessarily bad).

However, to know the specific pros and cons, we need to consider the sect and the zodiac signs, as well the bounds/terms the planets are in.

Last edited:

sworm09

:pinched: besides the stereotypical 8th house issues?

I didn't know that there was a such thing. We all experience 8th house stuff in varying degrees. We all have to die, we all suffer from anxiety or fear every now and again, and we all have to pay taxes.

Now having 6 planets there would show that there's a lot of stuff going on with 8th house stuff, but that's about all we could say. It's very hard to provide a non-general answer to this question.

I have 4 Planets in the 11th, and guess what? It doesn't dominate my life. There are no 11th house issues that I resonate particularly strongly with. But when you look at each planet in that house individually, and I note what planets they're aspecting, who they're separating and applying to, what their dignities are etc, I get a very specific idea of what those planets are doing with one another and it's a chain of specific events and circumstances rather than a single 11th house "thing".

The tendency to look at a packed house and assume that it means something all on it's own is a mistake. Look at each planet individually, each in turn and then you might be able to say something about that house as a whole.

relationships since the 8th is after 7th (marriage)? Besides the typical 8th house issues, what does a packed house here entail for one's life?

I have not found that the 8th house relates to relationships in any substantial way. The 8th house really relates to situations that we're powerless (or at least feel powerless) to change. . It's not so much "shared" resources as much as it is situations where you lose what you have physically, emotionally, spiritually etc. So if by relationship you mean situations where someone parasitically drains the life out of you or bullies you, then yeah, that's the 8th house, but for healthy relationships, look elsewhere. The only thing that it has in relation to relationships is that it indicates your partner's money.

Last edited:

jupiterianguru

:pinched: besides the stereotypical 8th house issues?

Basically it means you are less boring. I am wierd cause I have 3 planets in the 8th house and Sun conjunct Pluto in Scorpio but I am outgoing and playful and love unconventional stuff. I am into the occult and can't understand why people avoid it but I cut out any references to modern religion. I also try to cut out as much stuff related to modern ideas and interaction and wish I could live like the ancients in a group of people but make everything playful fun and care free more like Sagittarius which is my dominant sign. I like balance between depth and playfulness however if you are into 8th house stuff to that extent its too bad I don't know you. I will go over and over these things and its my main intrest. I wish I knew someone like that. Most people in today's world are really boring just because they sit around to much don't get up and play outside don't move around and focus on modern religion and modern ideas forgetting the ancient stuff. The 8th house is one area of life though thats never boring. No one could ever get too intense or stimulating for me. Most things people call traumatic I just shake off and call it fun and living life.

anne3

Banned
Just my two cents .....

You may want to reconsider and look at what the moderators are deleting and adjust what you are saying to keep to the rules of the forum. In my opinion, the moderators are pretty good on this forum.

If you keep on posting comments that are being deleted, there is always the possibility of being banned.

Also, currents angles have Mercury moving to conjunct Jupiter in Leo and that is being squared by Mars in Scorpio .. tendency to say too much resulting in vindictive disagreements.

there was no need for my post which said "thank you for your generalized answer to your mercury in the 8th house" to be deleted.

I do not want someone telling me over and over and over on each and every thread that I post that my questions should not be asked because they are too generalized. That my questions can not be answered because they are too generalized. Lots of people are responding to this thread with interesting information and I don't want that stunted because someone keeps saying others should not and can not respond to my questions because my questions are too generalized. If people find my questions too generalized they do not have to respond. There was absolutely no reason for my post that was deleted to be deleted.

Last edited:

anne3

Banned
I have not found that the 8th house relates to relationships in any substantial way. The 8th house really relates to situations that we're powerless (or at least feel powerless) to change. . It's not so much "shared" resources as much as it is situations where you lose what you have physically, emotionally, spiritually etc. So if by relationship you mean situations where someone parasitically drains the life out of you or bullies you, then yeah, that's the 8th house, but for healthy relationships, look elsewhere. The only thing that it has in relation to relationships is that it indicates your partner's money.

Ok, what you said here is very interesting. So, a packed 8th house could mean that I marry someone who has a lot of money?

You say it doesn't have much to do with relationships but you then say it means situations where someone drains the life out of me or bullies me (Yup, I have the being bullied aspect for sure)....but why does the 8th house indicate these interactions with people? I figured it had something to do with relationships because the 8th comes after the 7th.....like the 5th house means dating but 7th means marriage I thought the 8th would be life with the partner (if there is one) after marriage.

Also, if you say the 8th house indicates situations where I lose what I have physically, emotionally, spiritually, but that it also means spouse's money, does this mean I will lose the spouse's money? Sorry, just trying to clarify.