The Astrologer's Degree

Otay

Jeremy, thanks for presenting a possible excuse for my displacing molecules on this planet (if those theories mean anything).
I have mercury at 11.08 pisces, venus/pallas at 27.45/28 aquarius and am considered a professional astrologer.
My son has his sun at 25 leo, mars at 27 leo, and is twenty...up to now has no attraction to alcohol or drugs though.
Ha!Ha!Ha! A certain amount of drunken creativity is kind of humanizing and romantic, don'tcha think?

Julie

Banned
Hi Jeremy :)

I am not saying the degrees have no relevance, I have looked at them myself in my own chart and in my partner's, and I agree wholeheartedly with what your saying. My partner used to drink heavily, and he has Mercury at 25 Leo, I posted the study on another thread it was an alcoholic study on astrodatabank (you will have to check it out if you haven't already, it was really interesting) it listed Carter's astrological theory on the chart significators for alcoholics. I bought his astrological encyclopedia because of the study. Astrodatabank on any study seem to like to count up factors in the chart. The more astrology factors you have the more you are likely to be susceptible to alcohol/violence/being an astrologer etc (or whatever the astrological study may be). Degrees where included in the study as well, they can have relevance included with astrology placements. The overall astrological picture was tallied up and the alcoholics should score higher than the control group.

I compared my partner's chart to the alcoholic study and he scored high. Although I fell into a little doubt with astrology as I found out my partner had given me the wrong birth time :rolleyes: . But luckily he still scored high anyway with his newly changed chart, I compared the score to mine as I am not an alcoholic but I have more Neptune in my chart than my partner so the test was pretty good, as my partner still scored higher for drinking (I think the extra points did come in for his degrees and some fire placements). I am sure astrodatabank did an astrology study will have to double check. The more you look into degrees you start finding you have other degrees like the murderer's degree :D . And this may also have relevance used with other chart placements etc, like aspects, and maybe midpoints as well.

I also agree that the Saturn rulership was probably due to it's rulership over Aquarius. Which I never thought of before, so your comment does clarify in my mind why Saturn is related to astrology, and then when Uranus was discovered it became the modern ruler to Aquarius. Two rulers for Aquarius.

P.S I posted the whole Carter astrology indicators, somewhere in this forum. Although it may take a while to dig up. I posted it quite a while ago, I will have a look for it and post it here.

Last edited:

Julie

Banned
The post's were not that hard to find (but embarrassing when you read your old posts back, I rabbit on (my posts under old name Shining Ray) I need to learn not to talk about 20 different things on one astrological topic :D .

Alcoholic Thread

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5077&highlight=carter

Astrology Thread

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5202&highlight=carter

Ha ha it looks funny in the alcoholic thread archergirl asking where a Moderator is, she is now a Moderator. Although she was moderating us back then. Practicing for her future role. (Smile)

Last edited:

Jeremy

I have to say, some of these degrees are fascinating for me:
Mercury 6° Scorpio: Occultist.
Moon 15° Scorpio: The Center of Regeneration, The eagle point.
Neptune 22° Scorpio: Refinement, morality, good health, universally respected.

Thank goodness I missed out on these:
27° Aries: Hair. (Hair?)
6° Taurus: Degree of many enemies.
7° Gemini: Degree of cantankerous irritability. (I must have something here!)
19° Cancer: Sudden fame followed by disgrace and imprisonment.
0° Leo: Homicide.
10° Virgo: Fear of poisoning.
28° Libra: Hospitality, hair. (Hair?)
25° Scorpio: Dumbness, alcoholic.
21° Sag: Perverted tastes.
27° Capricorn: Hair. (Hair?)
0° Aquarius: Danger from reptiles.
2° Pisces: The death penalty (if afflicted).

gaer

Jeremy said:
Thus:
of Virgo 11°....An astrological degree,
and of Leo 25°....Alcoholic (25°-26°);
then of Leo 27° ....astrology (25°-29°).
And of Aquarius 22°: Astrological area (22°-28°).

There is however, no mention of 11° Pisces in his listing though.

I think this clarifies the Aquarian connection and through Aquarius' rulership of Saturn and Uranus, the debate about those planets being configured in the inclination to astrology in general.
Jeremy.
(Astrologer/Drunk)
[FONT=&quot]I noticed too the the range for alcoholism and astrology seem to overlap. :)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I notice no range is given for Virgo, with only 11 degrees mentioned, and I don't know if points (AC) are included. My AC is 10 Vir. Should I be afraid of being poisoned???[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With Venus at around 26 Leo, I'm not sure if I love astrology or drinking more, based on the above. :D[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gaer
[/FONT]

Jeremy

Gaer good buddy, I am all over this :)
I have PoF at 25° Leo, Pallas at 26° Leo and Jupiter at 27° Leo. I love astrology, but I have to admit a real love for a good bottle of red as well.

In fact, it is something of a personal ambition to one day drink a couple of bottles in the company of fellow astrologers - such as yourself - and discuss the matter in a more Dionysian spirit than these sober pages allow.

:)

Incidentally, for the points, yes, Alan Leo had his ascendant at 27 Leo as well and mentioned it specifically as a factor. I would say that anything within a 2° orb of any point has to be significant, at least from what I've read on the subject.

AineB

smilingsteph said:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Degrees.html
Another list of degrees, meanings

Edit:
Nevermind, just read it was from the webpages of joy of satan ministries.....scary!

Some satanists might take offense to that! :D Not that I'm one... but Satanism isn't always what people think. There are all types of branches, just like Christianity. Some are more like Atheists really! So even though it came from that page, still looks to have some good info!! :cool:

Otay

Thank you Jeremy & SmilingSteph for those lists. Those dusty old curmudgeons of yore sure loved to scare people with those star interpretations whose meanings they chose are begging to be updated for sane people in the present.

With my son Will's stellium in late leo I hope he doesn't take up drinking later on and harm his life. But there are many famous late leos who just don't look like alcoholics.
It would seem neptune/mars aspects, especially squares are more appropriate to guage that tendency (fuh gawd's sake look at Gwpinhead and the u.s. itself). I'm sticking with those for inherited brain chemistry or bouts along life's progressions.

As for offending satanists, how does one go about doing that?...stuff them all in the same bag with atheists and low-functioning christians and let them fight it out in a remote area where we don't have to hear it anymore.

Cheers!

AineB

Otay said:
As for offending satanists, how does one go about doing that?...stuff them all in the same bag with atheists and low-functioning christians and let them fight it out in a remote area where we don't have to hear it anymore. Cheers!

HAHAHA!! Yeah I guess in reality you probably wouldn't offend them considering a true Satanist wouldn't give a lesser ****! :p

Otay

A "True" satanist? It's all relative conceptually considering no truths (at that level) are absolute (except for the ****).