Karmic implications of antares and aldebarren

theV

My antares conjunct my moon (5 deg) jupiter (6 deg) conjunction and square sun and venus conjunction

TamaraL

In the sky, Antares and Aldebaran are like the Primeval Psychopath and Enlightened Buddha respectively. Antares reminds Aldebaran that while he may be enlightened and at one with the universe, he is not God and Antares can still **** up his day. Conversely Aldebaran reminds Antares that he can live like a civilized being and still be happy.

Antares is the star of Uriel, one of the four Archangels who is described as being "as pitiless as a demon".

It is like Aldebaran has built up this perfect state of meditation, this perfect worldview and his monastery is working like a fine tuned clock and he's just about to achieve nirvana but coincidentally happens to be just a few miles north of the Great Wall and Genghis Khan just happens to be riding directly toward his precious little monastery.

When astrologers refer to Antares as the Anti-Ares it doesn't mean Antares is anti war as in a pacifist who will not fight. It means Antares has the gall to wage war on war. Antares is a ruthless conqueror, not a pacifist. He puts down dissent by force and imparts a will to fight just for the heck of it. Seeing other people having the privilege of conquering upsets Antares who believes that privilege belongs to them alone.

Where Ares encourages the clash of competition and strife, Antares wants to end it all. Think of World War 2 when the US dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That was an Antares moment.

I think with your North Node on Antares and South Node on Aldebaran your soul has a desire to experience its primal, totally unenlightened side.

This very interesting to know, fascinating post & thread! I have the Antares conjunct the Moon in Sagittarius 5th H. Unfortunately I can't find a lot of reliable sources online,or info on Moon/Antares (+point Vertex) interaction.

JUPITERASC

This very interesting to know, fascinating post & thread! I have the Antares conjunct the Moon in Sagittarius 5th H. Unfortunately I can't find a lot of reliable sources online,or info on Moon/Antares (+point Vertex) interaction.
Reliable information on the fixed star Antares as well as hundreds of other fixed stars may be viewed at http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm :smile:

Forum rules prohibit quotes of more than 100 words so briefly:

'....ANTARES With Moon: Popular, broad-minded, interested in philosophy, science and metaphysics, liable to change religious opinions, influential friends, favorable for business and domestic matters, active in local affairs, great power, honor and wealth but benefits may not prove lasting, danger of violence, sickness, drowning or assassination.....'

Fixed Stars are important considerations in ancient astrology. Constellations of words is a wonderful resource
and totally free
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/
Antares.JPG

June23

This is a really interesting thread, I have a personal interest in this as am a 7th house NN direct, conjunct Aldebaran and Jupiter.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how a direct North Node would affect the interpretation?

Here's my chart if you want to check the placements

Attachments

• astro_2gw_23_june23_hp.57435.64747.gif
    astro_2gw_23_june23_hp.57435.64747.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

June23

Oops, attached wrong chart.

Here's the one with Aldebaran

Attachments

• Astro with progressions and Asteroids.jpg
    Astro with progressions and Asteroids.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 42
Fixed star Aldebaran is found at 9º Gemini 47’ in the right eye of the bull in Taurus. It is probably the most famous of the four Archangel stars representing St Michael. God’s military commander and opposite his nemesis Antares in the Scorpion. Aldebaran seems to have gained the better reputation than his opposite number. But really, in my opinion, Aldebaran and Antares are two sides of the same coin.
The Mayan Calendar

kbell

I have the energy of warrior in me, but will not fight for the shear sake of it. I am determined when I have a just cause, eg, I will fight for ecology, for the elderly in society, for the infirm, against injustice and corruption via corporations. In a way, it is my way of making peace, or balance, which is somewhat anti-Mars, using the energy of Mars. I guess I need a channel for my energy.

So do I. I think our charts are very similar

I've always associated antares with Uriel the angel though and Aldabaran with Michael. My south node is conjunct aldebaran and north node conjunct antares with my mars and neptune

I think ppl with nodes on these degrees have a history and future of a warrior of some sort, perhaps not always in a physical way depending on the person.
I do too

Last edited:

Horus

I have Moon conjunct Antares in the 12th -it doesn't get much more karmic than that!

In my previous life, I was a soldier who died a violent death in WWII.

This is a crazy star though. Antares is clearly associated with both benefic Jupiter and malefic Mars because the star is in Jupiter-ruled Sag. yet part of Mars-ruled Scorpius so that's why the meanings look like a hodge-podge description of both: Mars/Scorpio (death, power, violence, war, etc.) and Jupiter/Sag. (philosophy, fortune, etc.). It seems difficult to reconcile such contrasting qualities into a single influence, so I really don't know what to expect from this placement...

I do have a feeling of dread about it though, especially since T Saturn will be conjunct my Moon this December. :pinched:

Last edited:

Janoe

I have the same placement of my nodal axis, I was born just a few weeks after you....
What the south node implies in conjunction with Aldebaran goes very well with the rest of the karmic aspects of my chart - and funnily enough was also confirmed by a past life revisit experience I had under hypnosis recently.

My 12th house is ruled by Mars which is in the 8th house. My south node is in the 1st house and my taurus ascendant is conjunct algol and them lot (which teaches us that if fixed stars descriptions were to be taken literal, I should be a serial killer or something....). I also have the asteroid Karma conjunct the South node. So there is an overall lone warrior or military theme with all the karmic aspects of my chart.

My past life revisit showed me a past life as some sort of female warrior princess and later chief. Nothing fancy or famous, just the chief of a small tribe in a setting that felt somewhat nordic or celtic. I was the first female to lead my tribe so it did have some revolutionary aspect to it. I felt a very strong emotional connection to what I "saw" and it shed some light on experiences I keep having in this life. I can only recommend this.....

Having said that - my North node in 7th constellation is giving me a hard time because I can't seem to shake off that lone warrior theme even now....:unsure:

Neptune Rising

I have the same placement of my nodal axis, I was born just a few weeks after you....
What the south node implies in conjunction with Aldebaran goes very well with the rest of the karmic aspects of my chart - and funnily enough was also confirmed by a past life revisit experience I had under hypnosis recently.

My 12th house is ruled by Mars which is in the 8th house. My south node is in the 1st house and my taurus ascendant is conjunct algol and them lot (which teaches us that if fixed stars descriptions were to be taken literal, I should be a serial killer or something....). I also have the asteroid Karma conjunct the South node. So there is an overall lone warrior or military theme with all the karmic aspects of my chart.

My past life revisit showed me a past life as some sort of female warrior princess and later chief. Nothing fancy or famous, just the chief of a small tribe in a setting that felt somewhat nordic or celtic. I was the first female to lead my tribe so it did have some revolutionary aspect to it. I felt a very strong emotional connection to what I "saw" and it shed some light on experiences I keep having in this life. I can only recommend this.....

Having said that - my North node in 7th constellation is giving me a hard time because I can't seem to shake off that lone warrior theme even now....:unsure:

I haven't been to this thread in a while.

Thanks all for sharing your insights.

Janoe, interesting experience. Your north node is in the 7th? Mine is in the first house. Would you also then have Neptune conjunct North node, though I do consider the outer planets, not all people do.

For me, I've read that I influence myself more with that aspect. North node in 7th I've read that others influence you more.

For me, my path is very spiritual in nature, I'm learning more about listening to energies other than the material 'everyday' ones. I'm doing a shamanic journey course soon. Its a life long lesson to understand my intuition,but I have a lot of Pisces influence in my chart.

With the fixed stars, they are powerful stars. I have a first house 26 degree Sag Mars and I think with the stars conjunct nodes, it makes me kind of fearless when faced with injustice.Moreso as I get older and loose my inhibitions. I fight for the right of others, I stand up for those who are vulnerable (Venus/Merc in Aquarius), I put myself in quite challenging situations just so as I can learn and grow. People reading what I write sometimes think I'm a male, but I'm female with a warrior spirit, but I think that also comes from the Chiron aspects in my chart.

I've read Antares makes one devils advocate, I often find myself saying what others in the group are thinking, which doesn't always work out great for me, but I just don't like unfairness which also stems from childhood experiences that are carried in the unconsious.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

I have Moon conjunct Antares in the 12th -it doesn't get much more karmic than that!

In my previous life, I was a soldier who died a violent death in WWII.

This is a crazy star though. Antares is clearly associated with both benefic Jupiter and malefic Mars because the star is in Jupiter-ruled Sag. yet part of Mars-ruled Scorpius so that's why the meanings look like a hodge-podge description of both: Mars/Scorpio (death, power, violence, war, etc.) and Jupiter/Sag. (philosophy, fortune, etc.). It seems difficult to reconcile such contrasting qualities into a single influence, so I really don't know what to expect from this placement...

I do have a feeling of dread about it though, especially since T Saturn will be conjunct my Moon this December. :pinched:

Horus, that sounds like a very sensitive spot to have the Moon. That will be a transit to watch, Saturn conjunct Moon in 12th. It will be square my Pisces Moon when it conjuncts my Node/Antares in 12th/Ascendant.

Janoe

Janoe, interesting experience. Your north node is in the 7th? Mine is in the first house. Would you also then have Neptune conjunct North node, though I do consider the outer planets, not all people do.

For me, I've read that I influence myself more with that aspect. North node in 7th I've read that others influence you more.

Yes, I also have Neptune conjunct node, in the 7th in this case...It definetely has a strong effect on my life. I tend to fall in love with men I can't have because they're either remote celebrities, married men, etc.... so far I'm having trouble answering to my node in 7th, as I pointed out in this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88205

For me, my path is very spiritual in nature, I'm learning more about listening to energies other than the material 'everyday' ones. I'm doing a shamanic journey course soon. Its a life long lesson to understand my intuition,but I have a lot of Pisces influence in my chart.

With the fixed stars, they are powerful stars. I have a first house 26 degree Sag Mars and I think with the stars conjunct nodes, it makes me kind of fearless when faced with injustice.Moreso as I get older and loose my inhibitions. I fight for the right of others, I stand up for those who are vulnerable (Venus/Merc in Aquarius), I put myself in quite challenging situations just so as I can learn and grow. People reading what I write sometimes think I'm a male, but I'm female with a warrior spirit, but I think that also comes from the Chiron aspects in my chart.

I can very much relate to that... my Mars Chiron is in the 12th house, so I take it into consideration when I look at karmic aspects. When I did this hypnosis thing, it was crazy how much I felt like I was still that person that must have lived like a 1000 years ago or so. People were scared of me then and they're sometimes still scared of me today - warrior women don't have it so easy in our day and age.... I am slowly learning to have my anger issues in check, but people still perceive me as tense. Which is crazy considering my Cancer Moon (then again - conjunct Saturn so there you go....).
Speaking of which: I guess you have a Cancer SAturn as well - how do you deal with it?

Janoe

oh - I just took another look at your chart and realised just how much alike our charts are... sun, moon and the axis system is in different place, but all the slower elements are almost in the same spot.

So I was wondering: How does the tr Pluto opp Saturn play out in your life?

Neptune Rising

Interesting!

I was always told ever since I was little that I have anger problems. Its only now, and since I spoke to a lady shaman, that I realise where it stems from. Natal Chiron trine Mars, and Chiron square Sun, Chiron in the 4th house. I'm reading alot about the 'mother wound' and parental influences on children, the messages that go into the unconscious and negative messages from parents that get internalised which later can emerge as anger/frustration/depression/apathy. Eg, a parent may never have faced their own internal wounds, so when the child expressed themselves and makes the parent uncomfortable, parent may deny the child's emotions. I think transit Uranus conjunct my natal Chiron is revealing this to me, insights coming like lightening.

Tr Pluto opp Saturn, seems to be kind of a long term earthquake rumbling steadily in the background. For me, its the destruction of all the structures I had in place in my life - it could be my understanding , again, of the roots of my childhood wounds. Its also external structures that I hold onto out of fear - my current place where I rent, I know the environment is now bad for me but I am afraid to move, though I know I will in next few months.

Pluto opp Saturn, with Saturn in Cancer, it may also be related to my mum and the insights I'm getting into our relationship. Saturn in Cancer in the 7th/8th house has always made relationships difficult for me, but its because I seek the love and security that I lacked in childhood - maybe that is the Saturn (time traveller) aspect that until I learn from the past, the lessons keep repeating themselves.

I agree, warrior women, or it could be called the divine feminine energy, does have a hard time in our society but it is increasing as people become more self aware. But, no one benefits if people keep themselves 'small' just so as not to make other people uncomfortable.

Gangcess

Karmic implications of antares and aldebarren

There aren't any.

Jim

I love this. Some sites go ahead and tell you all the way you’re going to die with conjunctions to these stars without telling you any benefits as if we’re all not going to die some day. I’m good woth having a “sudden painful death” if I’ve achieved way more than most people. My name will never be forgotten and that’s okay

Sunset

I have Moon/Uranus/MC ánd South Node conjunct Antares.
In my experience Antares gives great courage. It is like the song, get up, stand up, get up for your right (Sag energy).

Because of this great courage and strength people can experience you as a threat. So it implicates jealousy and attacks from others who can't have it that you do the things they wish they had the balls to do.

So if your are on the road of Antares it gives you experiences where you can stick your neck out without a blink where others are too scared. I brings a bumpy road, where you will be attacked and tested by others. But someone with a strong Antares can deal with this. I you use Antares good, you don't fight back and let them make themselves ridiculous.

It is a good time to write this now, because of the T Moon now crossing Antares at 12 degrees of Sagittarius (ánd my natal Moon/Uranus/MC/SN). I always feel the need to share experiences when my natal planets are being hit.

The next few hours there will be a full Moon and over the last few days we saw a buildup of energies ready to stand up, no more fear, ready to get up and stand for your rights. With Mars and Neptune now squaring this full Moon it brings more aggressiveness and schemes too.

Hey! i have this placement as well, Aldebran conjunct south node (and venus, 6th house for context), antares conjunct north node (12th house).
i think for me this is a progressive recognition that you must be willing to harm in order to heal, to fight fire with fire. learning how evil functions is a tool to disassemble it, but you must not get caught in the web.
i feel i am still at the beginning of unpacking but if my past is any indication on the future, its important to understand feminine rage in its most exalted form. the royal fire that consumes.
peace be with you, but not to my enemies.