In What Sign is Chiron Domiciled?

david starling

Without a chosen Domicile-sign, the inclusion of Chiron in the chart lacks rulership information, which is available for Sun, Moon, and planets.

david starling

Chiron's vitally important relationships with Jupiter, and with Jupiter's favorite son, Apollo, god of archery, healing, and prophecy, leads me to believe that Chiron is a secondary Domicile-ruler of Sagittarius.

AppLeo

If you assign all planets to the signs, the only one left is Virgo
Aries: Mars
Taurus: Earth
Gemini: Mercury
Cancer: Moon
Leo: Sun
Virgo: Chiron
Libra: Venus
Scorpio: Pluto
Sagittarius: Jupiter
Capricorn: Saturn
Aquarius: Uranus
Pisces: Neptune

But I don't know why we're forcing rulership for each planet and sign. Maybe the traditional 7 planet rulership is good enough and should stay that way.

Sag or Virgo is the most likelly ruled by Chiron. Maybe Ophiuchus if it was an actual sign lol

Sagittarius is wise and an actual centaur, which fits a lot with the unhealable wound that you overcome with wisdom and experience. Virgo is the natural healer or doctor that fixes everyone else, but has a tendency to neglect their own needs

It's a toss up between Virgo and Sag.
Chiron reminds a lot like the Hermit tarot card. The Hermit is actually Virgo technically speaking, but I've thought that it was a Sagittarius card originally. Or even Capricorn. Maybe Capricorn cuz old people, and combines the wisdom of Sag and the analytical earthiness of Virgo.

Maybe Chiron is domicile in both Virgo and Sag. Would be kind of weird though because then it wouldn't be at home in Pisces or Gemini. And gemini is very similar to Virgo and Pisces is very similar to Sag. So I really don't know.

We're trying to stuff a piece in a place where it doesn't fit. :happy:

Last edited:

david starling

It's a toss up between Virgo and Sag.
Chiron reminds a lot like the Hermit tarot card. The Hermit is actually Virgo technically speaking, but I've thought that it was a Sagittarius card originally.

Maybe Chiron is domicile in both Virgo and Sag. Would be kind of weird though because then it wouldn't be at home in Pisces or Gemini. And gemini is very similar to Virgo and Pisces is very similar to Sag. So I really don't know.

We're trying to stuff a piece in a place where it doesn't fit. :happy:

I like your thinking on this.

But, a Domicile-sign is just where the transiting ruler feels most comfortable, and "at home", and able to express a Sign's qualities.

I agree that Virgo could work, along with Sagittarius, except for the archery Chiron was known for, and which is how his wound was accidentally inflicted.

One thing everyone seems to agree on is that Chiron is ultimately beneficial.

Last edited:

AppLeo

I like your thinking on this.

But, a Domicile-sign is just where the transiting ruler feels most comfortable, and "at home", and able to express a Sign's qualities.

I agree that Virgo could work, along with Sagittarius, except for the archery Chiron was known for, and which is how his wound was accidentally inflicted.

One thing everyone seems to agree on is that Chiron is ultimately beneficial.

I mean, the most accurate and precise sign is Virgo. What better sign than Virgo for such a task?

david starling

I mean, the most accurate and precise sign is Virgo. What better sign than Virgo for such a task?

I consider Virgo and Sagittarius as companion Signs, so Chiron could have both as Domiciles, expressing somewhat different qualities.

Sagittarius is also accurate and precise when it wants to be. It can also say "that's close enough for now", and is able to keep Virgo from bogging down in its need for perfection. Virgo grounds Sagittarius, and keeps it from getting too careless.

waybread

It has no domicile.

Chiron is not an actual planet, also.

If forced to choose I would say Sagittarius, because many ancient Greeks and Romans thought that Chiron (Keiron) was the centaur of the constellation Sagittarius.

Ceres was upgraded to dwarf planet status, the same as Pluto. She is a much better candidate for the rulership of Virgo. If you look up all of the rulerships attributed to Virgo they match mythological Ceres a lot better than anything to do with centaurs does.

david starling

Waybread, I'm thinking that the best way to bring more astrology into the New Posts, is to post more astrology. So, one way to do that is to spinoff from an astrological thread about something not exactly on topic, but similar.

david starling

what is your reasoning for aquarius?

I number the Signs starting from Aries. The higher numbered Sign was taken from Saturn and given to the planet that broke free from Saturn's position as being the outermost boundary of the Solar system.

Then, moving back towards the Sun, the higher numbered Sign was taken from Jupiter and given to the next planet outside of Saturn's orbit.

And, finally, the higher numbered Sign was taken from Mars and given to the next outermost planet.

Since we're based on the Planet Earth, both planets inside of Earth's orbit appear as both a morning and an evening light, and kept their original two Signs each. The morning lights correspond to the Air-signs, and the evening lights to the Earth-signs.

That's where conventional-Modern stops, and has 10 Domicile-rulers for 12 Signs.

Last edited:

david starling

he asked to me. just deleted my short comment after he wanted to see some explanation.
Since we are not astro authorities and this is just a debate thread.
I bring it on.
it was hard not to confuse mercury with chiron.
since i have partile mercury-chiron conjunction.

but chiron in everywhere means pain and teacher
saturn means also pain and teacher basically..

maybe the similar relationship with between mars and jupiter (mars is rightful, jupiter is rightful)
or moon and neptune (moon victim or savior, neptune is victim or savior)

i don't know.

So, Apps really IS Kasper???

david starling

Jupiter was running the show way back when. He deposed Saturn with some help from his brothers, Neptune and Pluto.

He allowed Chiron to sacrifice his immortal life for Prometheus, and memorialized Chiron by placing him in the Heavens as a constellation.

Problem is, there are two Centaur constellations, and it's not clear which one is Chiron's. Many say it's Centaurus, others say it was Sagittarius.

If it was Sagittarius, it makes perfect sense for that to be his Domicile-sign. Otherwise, plenty of room for speculation.

Last edited:

david starling

Waybread says Chiron has no Domicile.

In which case, he's a homeless vagabond, traveling around the Zodiac, sandwiched between the Past and the Future.

It also means he must have been somehow resurrected, because he's still alive and kicking in Modern-day astrology. I credit Uranian intervention for that, as the Aquarian Age draws ever nearer.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Wait....who were you asking? I thought it was just a random question addressed to me.

Hey! You're not Kasper!

But, you are a good Trickser!

it was addressed to HaD

Waybread says Chiron has no Domicile.

In which case, he's a homeless vagabond, traveling around the Zodiac, sandwiched between the Past and the Future.

It also means he must have been somehow resurrected, because he's still alive and kicking in Modern-day astrology. I credit Uranian intervention for that, as the Aquarian Age draws ever nearer.

we're already in the aquarian age david

AppLeo

david, the internet was invented
the enlightenment happened 500-600 years ago
uranus was discovered when countries began to discover freedom in the late 1700s

do you think we would be communicating right now if it wasn't aquarian themed?

david starling

david, the internet was invented
the enlightenment happened 500-600 years ago
uranus was discovered when countries began to discover freedom in the late 1700s

do you think we would be communicating right now if it wasn't aquarian themed?

Here:

All thanks to the end results of this Age of tropical Capricorn, with an assist from Aquarius in the final degrees of this Age.

Tropical Capricorn, key word, "Usefulness"

Cardinal modality=innovation and invention

Earth Element=focus on materialism

10th Sign=digital technology (ten digits, base 10)

Standard, basic numerology: Adding the digits, 1+0=1

World unification; and, 10, element Earth (material Matter), converting to 1, element Fire (Energy)=(Matter converted into energy).

First, gun powder and explosives, then steam engines followed by internal combustion engines and alternating current. And now, the power of the atom, E=MCsquared, and the electronic worldwide web.

All ruled over by Saturn.

Aquarius isn't about the Material realm, it's about the Mental realm and the Power of the Mind: Mind over Matter.