War - do we need it?

Abby83

I have a question about war. Is it really necessary? Like I once talked about this with an Aquarian man who said we need it, but I can't remember why. Something about breaking the old and starting new.
But I think of it in everyday life. The ppl in the world who are just like most psychopathic rulers/leaders. They will always exist. Stalin, Hitler, ceasar, my mother in law lol. The types of ppl who love to start fights. They need to create battles and set it up unfairly to win before the opponent even knows there's a battle, just so they can create this feeling of conquering others. Taking a sadistic pleasure in watching ppl die or suffer. An excessive need to be adored and right every second of the day.
IMO, it doesn't have any benefit to humanity. All I see is ppl dying or walking away from these war lovers. Children left homeless or unloved.
As a typical libran, I see benefits in looking after our resources, to nurture earth and humanity, for growth, for love, for creation. So I see a lot of development with these qualities.

So again, I ask, why do we need war and destruction of souls in this world?

conspiracy theorist

Death and destruction is the precursor of renewal.

Unending peace leads to stagnation. Unlimited growth is literally Cancer. Slashing, burning, cutting, rending - this is what is needed on a daily basis.

I can hear the battle cries of the fallen soldiers on the horizon.... yes brothers, it is that time again.

War is needed.

Abby83

Death and destruction is the precursor of renewal.

Unending peace leads to stagnation. Unlimited growth is literally Cancer. Slashing, burning, cutting, rending - this is what is needed on a daily basis.

I can hear the battle cries of the fallen soldiers on the horizon.... yes brothers, it is that time again.

War is needed.

I can see what you're saying. But isn't death itself enough? Does the cruelty part of it have to exist? Like those dogs that are boiled alive in Korea (or any animal really). Or those ppl who were cooked alive in the bull. Is that necessary? Death itself doesn't bother me. But cruelty is. Surely there's enough positive drama in the world to keep ppl entertained?

Last edited:

Abby83

And I take it, that even though it is necessary, no one likes it?

So war is necessary to avoid stagnation and to renew, but winning battles doesn't really do much does it. Other than starting from scratch.

Whoam1

We need food and water, also some shelter if we want to keep alive for long. I need quite places and music next. Some people need battle. Its different for everyone, you personally I see don't need war.

Abby83

We need food and water, also some shelter if we want to keep alive for long. I need quite places and music next. Some people need battle. Its different for everyone, you personally I see don't need war.

I most definitely don't need war and I can see a lot of other ppl don't either. Starting from scratch or running away from bully leaders is not a way to live. I shouldn't have to worry about being eaten.

Whoam1

I most definitely don't need war and I can see a lot of other ppl don't either. Starting from scratch or running away from bully leaders is not a way to live. I shouldn't have to worry about being eaten.

What if you is tastey?

Whoam1

Ahahaha I'm pretty sure I'm tasty. That's why all those predators want me :) haha.

We are all animals, most of which dont kill for fun. We need to stop nagging on the animals as insults when we are truly worse than our fellow animals.

Abby83

We are all animals, most of which dont kill for fun. We need to stop nagging on the animals as insults when we are truly worse than our fellow animals.

Yes, this is a good point. I hate how some humans think it's OK to harm animals. I think a bit like a monk. Only use/eat what you truly need. Don't kill if you don't need to. During war, lots of soldiers killed ppl for the pure pleasure of it. And I mean all wars.

Whoam1

Yes, this is a good point. I hate how some humans think it's OK to harm animals. I think a bit like a monk. Only use/eat what you truly need. Don't kill if you don't need to. During war, lots of soldiers killed ppl for the pure pleasure of it.

Other animal's dont hit use for fun, why do we do it?

Blaze

Account Closed
No.

But humanity still has a lot of growing up to do, so we may live to see WW3 someday.

Do not however let these possible happenings effect your daily life, Abby. You're a wonderful person, and mother too, so I wish you well. :smile:

AppLeo

Well, you kind of have to go to war when another country is unreasonable and refuses to negotiate some kind of a compromise.

Violence is irrational and aims to take control of the situation based on an impulsive feeling rather than taking the time to find the truth. Feelings aren’t logical and can’t be dealt with in a diplomatic and war-free way. So we need war to end war.

But if everyone was chill and diplomatic, then obviously we don’t need war when we use our words like adults. But not all humans are like that, of course.

This question is kind of like, “Do we need a police force?” Obviously we do, because criminals aren’t going to have a civil discussion about why they robbed your house. They’ll just shoot you in the face and run off. So we have a police force that uses violence on violent people (criminals) so that the violence ends.

Last edited:

Abby83

No.

But humanity still has a lot of growing up to do, so we may live to see WW3 someday.

Do not however let these possible happenings effect your daily life, Abby. You're a wonderful person, and mother too, so I wish you well. :smile:

Aww, Blaze, thank you so much. What a sweet thing to say. Thanks for posting :).

I've learnt that when it comes to demonic ppl, walking away and looking away is best. They're feeding off the attention.

Abby83

Well, you kind of have to go to war when another country is unreasonable and refuses to negotiate some kind of a compromise.

Violence is irrational and aims to take control of the situation based on an impulsive feeling rather than taking the time to find the truth. Feelings aren’t logical and can’t be dealt with in a diplomatic and war-free way. So we need war to end war.

But if everyone was chill and diplomatic, then obviously we don’t need war when we use our words like adults. But not all humans are like that, of course.

This question is kind of like, “Do we need a police force?” Obviously we do, because criminals aren’t going to have a civil discussion about why they robbed your house. They’ll just shoot you in the face and run off. So we have a police force that uses violence on violent people (criminals) so that the violence ends.

This question is nothing like 'do we need a police force.' Police put boundaries in place. War is about two leaders who want to make the other do something they want. Often its about ownership. So they use innocent ppl to fight their own wars. If ppl refused to fight their wars, then the leaders would have to fight themselves. And that will never happen cos there will always be someone who will fall for the bribes or threats.

And let's look at Czech republic as an example. They don't fight wars. They don't believe in wars, yet the country and its ppl still exist.

AppLeo

This question is nothing like 'do we need a police force.' Police put boundaries in place. War is about two leaders who want to make the other do something they want. Often its about ownership. So they use innocent ppl to fight their own wars. If ppl refused to fight their wars, then the leaders would have to fight themselves. And that will never happen cos there will always be someone who will fall for the bribes or threats.

And let's look at Czech republic as an example. They don't fight wars. They don't believe in wars, yet the country and its ppl still exist.

I don't think it's that simple. Leaders are chosen as representatives of the country. So when a country goes to war, it's usually in the best interest of that country. And whatever is best for your country is usually best for you.

If North Korea threatened to launch a missile on the United States, first of all, the people in North Korea can't just be like, "We're not fighting this war." Cuz 1) A lot of them are already brainwashed and believe the war is the right thing. 2) even if they didn't want to, they would be put to death or would die revolting for their country. A civil war would break out within their own country. War is inevitable during times of irrational conflict.

And then if you're in the United States and you volunteered to be in the army or whatever, you have to go because it's required by law. On top of that, you'd want to go because dying for your country is what you believe in. It's a country of freedom, and the United States can't be free it decides to just walk away from the fight. The nuclear missile is coming no matter what. It doesn't have to be a nuclear missile, it could be anything really.

Also, the Czech Republic, in my opinion, is not really a country to get into wars because it doesn't have a prominence in the world. It doesn't have a lot of power, so even if it had a leader that wanted to go to war, the country wouldn't get very far, so it's in its best interest to avoid wars. Which makes sense. Weak people avoid fights and conflicts because they know they'll lose. Strong people avoid fights or conflicts because they believe that's the best course of action at the moment.

And on the flip side, there's not much of a benefit when you war against the Czech republic. There's nothing to "own" or gain from that country. Maybe there is, I don't know honestly. If you war against the United States and win against the United States, then there's definitely something to won there. If you defeat the United States, then your country would become the world power and have some influence in the world.

Also, Abby, no matter where you go there will always be conflicts. These conflicts can usually be settled in a debate or rational discussion, but what happens when the other person refuses to? You have no choice but to fight them. You can't just walk away and be a pacifist your entire life. Maybe you could, but people who don't get into conflicts are weak, walked over, and stand for nothing of value.

War is necessary.

AppLeo

I mean like, when you say, "We don't need war."

It sounds like, "We don't need sadness."

I mean yeah, not being sad in your life would be great, but that's not how life works. :lol:

You can't just be happy after your mom died or whatever.

You can't just walk away from a murderer if a murderer is trying to kill you.

You can't just not go to war when a country wages war on your country.

Last edited: