To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

david starling

I don't think foreign aid is a good thing to begin with.

It only creates corruption and makes the country dependant on its benefactor. You should remove foreign aid from everywhere.

Our arms industry is the the number one beneficiary. And, we never cause regime change unless it's to benefit our Corporations. I think you may be thinking too highly about the motives of the U.S. Government.

david starling

Well you are in favour of intervening a country whose leader you dislike.

I said "criticize", not intervene, in Duterte's case. Public criticism and even refusing to associate with a nation's leader isn't "intervention". It's Freedom of Expression, which I thought you favored.

Dirius

I said "criticize", not intervene, in Duterte's case. Public criticism and even refusing to associate with a nation's leader isn't "intervention". It's Freedom of Expression, which I thought you favored.

Its freedom if the leader wants to criticize. But you want to compel your president to do it, because you think that is what is right :rightful::rightful:

david starling

Its freedom if the leader wants to criticize. But you want to compel your president to do it, because you think that is what is right :rightful::rightful:

It IS right. But a President can't be compelled to do what's right unless enough people of influence get on his case about it. I think Trump should do it on his own, even if it's in a very low-keyed way.

david starling

One example is the lifting of Obama's ban on importing Elephant trophies into the U.S. Trump had to at least put it on hold. Ironic that it's the symbolic animal of the Republican party.

Dirius

It IS right. But a President can't be compelled to do what's right unless enough people of influence get on his case about it. I think Trump should do it on his own, even if it's in a very low-keyed way.

Again, whats "right" according to your limited opinion of the world. Stop claiming the non-existant moral high-ground, as if somehow you owned it david. The childish mentality of thinking that we can tell others what they should do is ridiculous.

And publicly judging another nation is just an attempt to influence their actions. Do you know why Obama and all other presidents didn't always judge countries for their internal issues? because it would be wrong.

In any case the whole Duterte issue is an attempt to take a stab at Trump, and most people didn't even know the guy or the issues in Phillippines before Trump met with him.

You don't get to tell other people what to do, because you believe your ideals are superior. And by these I mean this leftist nonsense.

Last edited:

ynnest

Again, whats "right" according to your limited opinion of the world. Stop claiming the non-existant moral high-ground, as if somehow you owned it david. The childish mentality of thinking that we can tell others what they should do is ridiculous.

And publicly judging another nation is just an attempt to influence their actions. Do you know why Obama and all other presidents didn't always judge countries for their internal issues? because it would be wrong.

In any case the whole Duterte issue is an attempt to take a stab at Trump, and most people didn't even know the guy or the issues in Phillippines before Trump met with him.

You don't get to tell other people what to do, because you believe your ideals are superior. And by these I mean this leftist nonsense.

You are projecting who you are and your own behaviour on others without from my point of view an willigness to Reflect on your own "shortcomings". Look at how you have been treating others who disagree with your specific Worldview in this thread and you should understand what I mean Dirius.

Y

demetraceres

Neither Oddity or myself have denied that this changes are happening and will continue to happen in current western society.

It is rather inevitable, because there will always be an annoying majority ready to destroy their culture from within, it happened in every civilisation in history, and will happen to western culture too. And the unpopular and wise minority will usually be silenced.

The only thing we have warned about, is that your inability to forsee the path this trends will take you will have disastrous consequences for society as we know it. It already has, given that it has abolished certain basic rights in some countries.

There is ample historical evidence regarding this subject.

If you wanted to label yourself and some others here as unpopular and wise minority, you are wrong on many levels. Your views are becoming increasingly popular and widespread and will shape the political future of Europe (USA probably as well). And that's what can really lead to disastrous consequences for society as we know it.

ynnest

Neither Oddity or myself have denied that this changes are happening and will continue to happen in current western society.

It is rather inevitable, because there will always be an annoying majority ready to destroy their culture from within, it happened in every civilisation in history, and will happen to western culture too. And the unpopular and wise minority will usually be silenced.

The only thing we have warned about, is that your inability to forsee the path this trends will take you will have disastrous consequences for society as we know it. It already has, given that it has abolished certain basic rights in some countries.

There is ample historical evidence regarding this subject.

Those who have chosen to not be a part of the process cant see what awaits as they are connected to their own "timeline" and only sees the destination that is according to their own destiny.

Y

david starling

Being against death squads is "nonsense"?!! Btw, Obama DID call Duterte out on this. I knew about it before Trump got into office.
I'm for our right to "keep and bear arms", and the U.S. has been criticized for that. Your moral relativism surprises me.

Animatrix

What really is feminism even? Is it that men and women shall be entirely the same? if that is the case, it is insanity. If men and women should have equal rights? Yes that's good, but women are better at somethings and men are better at somethings, hence must laws be adapted to our biological differences.

demetraceres

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminist_movements_and_ideologies

Why don't even try to read essential and basic facts about feminism? Can you understand the complexity and variety of this movements? Why to make stereotypes and prejudices about something so complex?

I think the initial post has a little bit provoked people by connecting feminism exclusively with marxism, which is very misleading interpretation of phenomena embracing so much diversity.

Last edited:

Dirius

If you wanted to label yourself and some others here as unpopular and wise minority, you are wrong on many levels. Your views are becoming increasingly popular and widespread and will shape the political future of Europe (USA probably as well). And that's what can really lead to disastrous consequences for society as we know it.

The reason why you live in a free society in which you can complain in the first place, is because it works upon the principles I am defending here.

The consequences of my system of belief have been in place for over a hundred years now, and they seem to work pretty finee given most succesful countries in the world are capitalist republics that respect the rule of law. The alternative to what I propose is what you defend, which is authoritharian rule, is what will bring disastrous consequences to society.

Last edited:

Dirius

Being against death squads is "nonsense"?!! Btw, Obama DID call Duterte out on this. I knew about it before Trump got into office.
I'm for our right to "keep and bear arms", and the U.S. has been criticized for that. Your moral relativism surprises me.

Because its pretty obvious thats the reason you keep bringing Duterte up.

If you really wanted to talk about tyrants your best bet would have been Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela, an actual dictator who granted himself extraordinary powers and can dismiss congress/courts at his will, who has also killed many people in his own country.

But Trump did critice him, so obviously he doesn't help to make your point.

I didn't say Obama stop from making critiques, I said presidents tend not to do that, cause its bad diplomacy. Reading upon it now, Obama did and committed a cardinal mistake in judging a fellow democracy.

david starling

If you really wanted to talk about tyrants your best bet would have been Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela, an actual dictator who granted himself extraordinary powers and can dismiss congress/courts at his will, who has also killed many people in his own country.

I didn't say Obama stop from making critiques, I said presidents tend not to do that, cause its bad diplomacy. Reading upon it now, Obama did and committed a cardinal mistake in judging a fellow democracy.

Was Trump wrong to criticize Maduro, according to your moral relativism? Am I wrong to criticize Canada's anti-free speech gender-fluidity laws?

Last edited:

Dirius

Was Trump wrong to criticize Maduro, according to your moral relativism? Am I wrong to criticize Canada's anti-free speech gender-fluidity laws?

You are a private citizen, not a president or political figure, and you are more than entitled to have an opinion. My initial comment was aimed at your demand for presidents to involve themselves in other nations problem, just because you in particular have the opinion that he is a bad president. Also, the fact that you are pretty careless in using the term "dictator", meaning you clearly have no idea what a dictator is.

And yes he was wrong, because he asked for sanctions against venezuela. The only ones that get harmed by sanctions are the venezuelan people, not maduro. See what I mean?

david starling

"Bad Diplomacy" to criticize the use of DEATH SQUADS in the so-called "War on Drugs"?!! You gotta be kidding me! :andy:

ynnest

He has been saying the same thing for weeks now, implying he has some secret knowledge about an alternative plane of reality, and bla bla bla.

Thus the reason why I politely dismiss him. Pretty much, he is either nuts or a kid trolling the convesation. Trust me, just ignore him. :unsure:

Why you have continued to be defensive Dirius is because you are working within a paradigm that you may not at this time be consciously aware of have connections to the Trump and rightwing agenda/duality war. This is why rational people have seen the incoherencies in your argumentations and why the intuitive people have "sensed" that the energy from your words you put out on a conscious/verbal level do not correspond with the source it is connected to.

Y