For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Cypocryphy

Hello everyone,

What do you do when you get a question every 30 seconds to a minute (high speed horary) and 80 percent of them are the same question. I'm thinking horary is useless at this point unless all 80 percent are in comparable situations. It's driving me bonkers because I don't feel comfortable just letting images come to mind because sometimes I don't know what they signify. It's easier with the charts but surely not all 80 percent of people are going to have comparable answers. That would be ludicrous.

So I'm not sure what to do here. I think horary is useless at this point. I thought about casting it at their location (this is online) but often I don't have their physical location. (And no. At this place I can't ask them where there location is ... or maybe I can in some situations.)

Anyone run into this problem? The subtle changes from minute to minute are just too subtle.

P.S. I do astrology, but my boss was so impressed with what I did that she thinks I'm psychic, which maybe I am, but a very undeveloped one. Plus, not to be sexist, but guys have a harder time with this stuff. I don't know why. When I was hired, I was given three random charts to interpret. I did the first one and was hired immediately because everything I said was correct but correct with details. I mean, it's astrology. But this is different. 100 questions in 3 hours is too much for horary. It's too much for me just in general. I need time to relax and get into "my zone." Usually I do best when I feel inspired or halfway in sleep mode.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello everyone,

What do you do when you get a question every 30 seconds to a minute (high speed horary) and 80 percent of them are the same question. I'm thinking horary is useless at this point unless all 80 percent are in comparable situations. It's driving me bonkers because I don't feel comfortable just letting images come to mind because sometimes I don't know what they signify. It's easier with the charts but surely not all 80 percent of people are going to have comparable answers. That would be ludicrous.

What kind of high speed horary are you talking about? Who is getting essentially [80% of the time] the same question every 30-60 seconds?

And it seems a bit unlikely that 80% of the questions would be the same. I do agree that there are about 3 or 4 main questions that people ask about: self, home, relationship, work..

Could you tell a bit more detail of the circumstances of the problem you allude to here? And also share what that same, one question is?

Cypocryphy

Ilene!! It so good to hear from you!! :happy: It's been so long! Okay.

What kind of high speed horary are you talking about? Who is getting essentially [80% of the time] the same question every 30-60 seconds?

So it's different people asking the same question. It comes in various forms that we all know. For example, "My husband and I divorced last year. He's with a new woman now. Do you see us getting back together and working things out?" or "I've met this girl. We talk after work all the time. Do you see a future for us as a couple?" or "I'm dating this guy and I'm not sure how he feels about me, but do we have a future together as a couple?" or "I've been seeing this guy but having heard from him since New Years. Is he going to contact me?"

So ultimately the question is: "Will I have a relationship with my love interest and/or what's the influence of the third party, i.e. the other woman or man." That's ultimately the question. Each person is asking these questions is a different person but they come to me every 30 seconds. So that means that the planets are in the same houses, have the same essential and accidental dignity, etc. You know. Significator is still besieged by Saturn, blah blah blah. It's 80 percent first house and seventh house.

And it seems a bit unlikely that 80% of the questions would be the same. I do agree that there are about 3 or 4 main questions that people ask about: self, home, relationship, work..

They are not exactly the same, which helps. But fundamentally, they are the same question at their core.

Could you tell a bit more detail of the circumstances of the problem you allude to here? And also share what that same, one question is?

Does that help? I'll sometimes wait 10 minutes or so before answering so there's been a change. But that becomes difficult when the clients are asking me nonstop. I have to answer all of them. And staying up till 1 a.m. stinks.

Anyway, what do you think?

All the very best :smile:
Chris

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you a self employed astrologer? Or are you working for a psychic hotline-type organization?

I'm wondering why you *have to* answer every question. And why you have to look at more than one question at a time. Wouldn't it make more sense to not look at the next question until you've finished answering the one you're on? If you do that, you'll definitely get different horary charts. Surely you're spending longer than 30 seconds on each answer.

I don't do horary astrology, but what I've heard from professional horary astrologers is that if they're answering questions online, they cast the chart for their own location, and they don't necessarily answer every question they get. Sometimes they get questions that don't work as horary questions, or that they're not comfortable answering (like, "When will my mother die?") and they reject those. Which they can do because they're self employed. If you're working for someone else, you might not have the freedom to decline questions.

Cypocryphy

Are you a self employed astrologer? Or are you working for a psychic hotline-type organization?

I'm with an organization.

I'm wondering why you *have to* answer every question. And why you have to look at more than one question at a time. Wouldn't it make more sense to not look at the next question until you've finished answering the one you're on? If you do that, you'll definitely get different horary charts. Surely you're spending longer than 30 seconds on each answer.

First off, I found out it was a mistake. Yeah. I don't do multiple questions at the same time, but I have to answer the questions as fast as I can. So there is a list, it's backed up, and I have to keep moving up the list. Does that make sense? It's like being in line. So there's hardly any time.

I don't do horary astrology, but what I've heard from professional horary astrologers is that if they're answering questions online, they cast the chart for their own location, and they don't necessarily answer every question they get. Sometimes they get questions that don't work as horary questions, or that they're not comfortable answering (like, "When will my mother die?") and they reject those. Which they can do because they're self employed. If you're working for someone else, you might not have the freedom to decline questions.

Yeah. I don't answer every question. Some I'm just not allowed. But most of them I have to answer. I think horary is not good for this situation. But when I feel pressured and stressed, I need to look at a chart. I guess its like a crutch, but it helps to have that to focus on rather than being stressed out.

This is a new part-time job. I'm trying it out. I just wanted to do astrology readings, which I'm really good at. I have time to answer the questions. I mean, in a reasonable amount of time.

I can do horary quickly now. Unless it's a wonky question, but usually, like Ilene said, there are four types of questions that you get the majority of the time.

Osamenor

Staff member
First off, I found out it was a mistake. Yeah. I don't do multiple questions at the same time, but I have to answer the questions as fast as I can. So there is a list, it's backed up, and I have to keep moving up the list. Does that make sense? It's like being in line. So there's hardly any time.

However, you don't cast the horary chart for when the question reached your inbox. You cast the chart for when you read the question and understood it. Have you been casting all the horary charts for when the question reached your inbox? That's the impression I get from your original post.

If you're genuinely reading these questions, and understanding them, a few minutes apart, then they naturally all get similar charts, and similar answers. It's like a multiple birth. Almost the same chart, but not quite, even if the only difference is the house cusps being a degree or two apart.

Cypocryphy

However, you don't cast the horary chart for when the question reached your inbox. You cast the chart for when you read the question and understood it. Have you been casting all the horary charts for when the question reached your inbox? That's the impression I get from your original post.

If you're genuinely reading these questions, and understanding them, a few minutes apart, then they naturally all get similar charts, and similar answers. It's like a multiple birth. Almost the same chart, but not quite, even if the only difference is the house cusps being a degree or two apart.

Well, yeah. That’s how you do horary. ??? Never mind. Thanks though

muchacho

Hello everyone,

So I'm not sure what to do here. I think horary is useless at this point. I thought about casting it at their location (this is online) but often I don't have their physical location. (And no. At this place I can't ask them where there location is ... or maybe I can in some situations.)

Anyone run into this problem? The subtle changes from minute to minute are just too subtle.

P.S. I do astrology, but my boss was so impressed with what I did that she thinks I'm psychic, which maybe I am, but a very undeveloped one. Plus, not to be sexist, but guys have a harder time with this stuff. I don't know why. When I was hired, I was given three random charts to interpret. I did the first one and was hired immediately because everything I said was correct but correct with details. I mean, it's astrology. But this is different. 100 questions in 3 hours is too much for horary. It's too much for me just in general. I need time to relax and get into "my zone." Usually I do best when I feel inspired or halfway in sleep mode.
Technically speaking, I don't see the issue. LOA can explain it perfectly. However, practically speaking, how many sincere questions do get in such a setting and how thoroughly can you read a chart in 30 seconds? And so, isn't this precisely the kind of (mis)use of astrology that the ancients have warned us against?

Cypocryphy

Just be constructive Muchacho. I know of no warning such as that. I’ve developed a technique to assist so this issue is no longer moot. But be constructive and innovative. There is no misuses here.

I’m doing this because Little Bear got upset. But last time. There should be a thread on constructive posting and non-constructive posting.

Oddity

William Lilly did a chart for when he started for the day, and moved it accordingly as the day progressed. Though he was only answering questions every fifteen minutes or so (the mind boggles even at that rate).

Note that horary is heavily weighted towards 'no' answers - that's because we seldom get what we think we want in life.

So if a bunch of people are calling about their love life because they've just seen an advert or something, it doesn't seem unrealistic that they'd all have the same or similar charts. This based on the principle that by the time you're asking astrologers about your relationship, the relationship is in pretty bad shape.

Balance that with 'how long can I do this before I go nuts?' as far as work hours/keeping the job goes.

Cypocryphy

William Lilly did a chart for when he started for the day, and moved it accordingly as the day progressed. Though he was only answering questions every fifteen minutes or so (the mind boggles even at that rate).

Note that horary is heavily weighted towards 'no' answers - that's because we seldom get what we think we want in life.

So if a bunch of people are calling about their love life because they've just seen an advert or something, it doesn't seem unrealistic that they'd all have the same or similar charts. This based on the principle that by the time you're asking astrologers about your relationship, the relationship is in pretty bad shape.

Balance that with 'how long can I do this before I go nuts?' as far as work hours/keeping the job goes.

OMG! Oddity! I couldn’t have said it better myself!!! This! ^^^. Absolutely! This is true. Also, for some reason the people asking about relationship questions are in the same situation. Common denominators. New relationship. One has stronger feelings than the other and the other is also seeing someone else. These people will come in with the same question and be very similar. HOWEVER, when testimonies don’t reflect what I’m told, I turn the chart to reflect the querrent and go from there. If I’m using astrology. But most of the time it’s absolutely unnecessary.

Great response!! I think I told someone in a PM this same thing about people being in the same situation. As if at that hour they all are compelled to ask that question being in the same or very similar situation.

BlackLioness87

OMG! Oddity! I couldn’t have said it better myself!!! This! ^^^. Absolutely! This is true. Also, for some reason the people asking about relationship questions are in the same situation. Common denominators. New relationship. One has stronger feelings than the other and the other is also seeing someone else. These people will come in with the same question and be very similar. HOWEVER, when testimonies don’t reflect what I’m told, I turn the chart to reflect the querrent and go from there. If I’m using astrology. But most of the time it’s absolutely unnecessary.

Great response!! I think I told someone in a PM this same thing about people being in the same situation. As if at that hour they all are compelled to ask that question being in the same or very similar situation.
I don't do horary, but as far as I know there are two techniques for casting the charts.

Do you think if you cast the chart for the place the querent lives, you'll get better results? Have you ever tried it? I also wonder if the time you receive the question is the time the querent actually asked the question.

Cypocryphy

I don't do horary, but as far as I know there are two techniques for casting the charts.

Do you think if you cast the chart for the place the querent lives, you'll get better results? Have you ever tried it? I also wonder if the time you receive the question is the time the querent actually asked the question.

Hey BlackLioness! Just wanted to reply quickly as I'm pressed for time.

But to your first question: I'd have to say "yes-no." That probably doesn't make much sense, but I view horary similar to tarot cards. There's more structure and formality with horary charts, however. There's positives and negatives to both, if you are doing "psychic" readings and/or "are pressed for time."

Typically, I like to get visions or pictures. But sometimes I have a hard time relating it to the client because I can't ferret out info, so these are true blind readings in many situations. I get feedback. I have, so far, gotten five start reviews. That's how you are reviewed. But more to the point, traditionally, you do not cast the chart for the location for where the querent lives. It will always be where you live. However, these astrologers come from a time when there were not telephones, cellphones or Internet. So these people would come to you in person.

I'm not going to be the person to say "no" to this because I am iconoclastic in many ways. I don't think things stagnate in the past with rigid rules. Despite this, however, I have never had a problem or issue using my own location, and it has worked remarkably well throughout the years.

This, in turn, means that many people reading charts on this forum on the horary section are doing it wrong. They are supposed to not use the querent's chart unless they are helping them to interpret the chart. And if they are "helping" rather than acting "doing a real horary reading," then they should insert themselves into the chart as the astrologer, that being the seventh house. If someone has a question, then the astrologer casts the chart when he or she not necessarily reads the question but understands what's being asked. There's actually a difference here. So that answer's your last question. If the querent is asking for help, then use his or her chart and insert yourself as the astrologer, which would make you an additional party affecting the interpretation or outcome. Otherwise, you cast your own chart at the time you understand what is being asked so you can, in turn, provide the right in kind answer.

I hope that answers your questions. :happy:

IleneK

Premium Member
Ilene!! It so good to hear from you!! :happy: It's been so long! Okay.

So it's different people asking the same question. It comes in various forms that we all know. For example, "My husband and I divorced last year. He's with a new woman now. Do you see us getting back together and working things out?" or "I've met this girl. We talk after work all the time. Do you see a future for us as a couple?" or "I'm dating this guy and I'm not sure how he feels about me, but do we have a future together as a couple?" or "I've been seeing this guy but having heard from him since New Years. Is he going to contact me?"

So ultimately the question is: "Will I have a relationship with my love interest and/or what's the influence of the third party, i.e. the other woman or man." That's ultimately the question. Each person is asking these questions is a different person but they come to me every 30 seconds. So that means that the planets are in the same houses, have the same essential and accidental dignity, etc. You know. Significator is still besieged by Saturn, blah blah blah. It's 80 percent first house and seventh house.

They are not exactly the same, which helps. But fundamentally, they are the same question at their core.

Does that help? I'll sometimes wait 10 minutes or so before answering so there's been a change. But that becomes difficult when the clients are asking me nonstop. I have to answer all of them. And staying up till 1 a.m. stinks.

Anyway, what do you think?

All the very best :smile:
Chris

Hi, there and thank you for your kind words.
I think if it is the same question coming at the same time, or very close to it, then the answer is the same. 80% of your querents is still a very small part of the humans in the world, so I don't see why their same question can't all validly have the same answer. In fact, I have difficulty accepting that the answer wouldn't be the same.
Just my thoughts, and good luck with the grind. I have a friend who does similar work, and it's a load!

tikana

actually you do cast the horary on the time when you get the question. because the querent is not in control when the chart is made/when the astrologer runs a chart after reading a pm. meaning that I run charts in my head which is problematic on when i feel the time when i will get desrable answer. the other problem is .. people forget when they fthought of the question or the question has been like a nagging toothache.

Seconds later charts ... i dobut it takes 10 seconds from you to run a chart then read it then move on to the next.
even 1 minute can be drastic esp when you have 29 deg charts

T

muchacho

Just be constructive Muchacho. I know of no warning such as that. I’ve developed a technique to assist so this issue is no longer moot. But be constructive and innovative. There is no misuses here.

I’m doing this because Little Bear got upset. But last time. There should be a thread on constructive posting and non-constructive posting.
I am actually trying to be constructive. Theoretically, what you are doing is possible. LOA will only match you up with people that have essentially the same problems and questions (just different places different faces) and so in that sense I see no reason why horary should fail here. But that's the ideal case, which means you have to be consistently in alignment (or in the zone as you call it).

However, there is a difference between an astrological reading and a psychic reading. In astrology, we focus on reading the chart, not on reading the person. Psychics read persons, astrologers read charts. That doesn’t mean that astrologers can’t use their psychic insights or that psychics can’t use astrology. It just means that we have to be clear about what we are actually doing. If we mostly just read the person and only look at the chart in order to justify our hunches, then this shouldn’t be called an astrological reading. Similarly, if we mostly read the chart and only add a little psychic insight in the end in order to make it more personal or specific, then this shouldn’t be called a psychic reading either.

There are certain standard procedures every astrologer has to follow in order to read a chart correctly. And anyone who follows that procedure diligently enough should come to the exact same conclusions. That’s why astrology is akin to a science. And that takes time and consideration. First impressions can be very misleading. I’m not sure what you can accomplish in that regard in just 30 seconds. I am assuming the 30 seconds window includes the reading of the question, the casting of the chart and your reply to the client, right? So how much time is there still left for the actual reading? There’s also no time to check or double check your reading, is there?

Now, I realize that you mostly get the exact same questions all the time and so obviously you have to give the exact same answers all the time within a certain time frame. I didn't consider that point in my first reply. And so this is a special case and my concern may actually be unfounded because you are not dealing with unique questions, you are dealing with identical questions. So you probably won't even need 30 seconds because you've done all the necessary groundwork already. And theoretically, if you know your working hours for the next day, you could even prepare your answers to those same old questions in advance. That way you can get some extra time for unique questions that require a more thorough consideration.

In case of unique questions though, answering a case within 30 seconds may still be possible because some charts are just that easy, but on a consistent basis, hundreds of charts with unique questions in a row, that's highly unlikely. There is no time to go thru the necessary procedure. And that would be a misuse of astrology.

Dirius

Hello everyone,

If the questions are from different people, they in theory have little to do with each other, and even if 2 clients ask different questions at the same time, there is no problem in using the same chart. There is a reason why you "understood both questions" at that time. Now if they are the same person just "mass producing charts" seeking a different outcome from the same question, that is against the rules of horary (you can only ask a question once).

The problem may come if you are using an e-mail service and work in a specific schedule: as in waking up to find 30 e-mails and answering all of them at the same time every day. The solution I found to these is to simply answer e-mails as I recieve them, although my clientele is far smaller than what you are describing. Because I have my astrologer mail in my smartphone, I can usually answer questions as soon as I get them, although this means the horary service I provide sort of runs 4 hours a day.

But again, my business is much smaller, amateurish really, I usually get a couple of charts a week.

muchacho

I think I told someone in a PM this same thing about people being in the same situation. As if at that hour they all are compelled to ask that question being in the same or very similar situation.
Eggzackly! But you have to be a cooperative component, too. And when that's the case, you're on a roll.

Cypocryphy

Hi, there and thank you for your kind words.
I think if it is the same question coming at the same time, or very close to it, then the answer is the same. 80% of your querents is still a very small part of the humans in the world, so I don't see why their same question can't all validly have the same answer. In fact, I have difficulty accepting that the answer wouldn't be the same.
Just my thoughts, and good luck with the grind. I have a friend who does similar work, and it's a load!

You're welcome! :happy: OMG! It's a total load. I should be working right now. But I'm tired.

Yeah. I'll calculate the Almuten. I'll find something that "fits" one way or another. So for house placement. Lord 1 in 6th house. Lady thought I was B.S.ing her. I told her she works in the medical field and is looking to be promoted. (won't get in the details). Then BAM. She comes back and I've restored faith. People don't like hearing what they don't want to hear. That's the problem. So you tell them the truth, they get P.O.d, and then write a bad review. It happens sometimes.

I mean, some of this stuff one doesn't even need to do astrology or have clairvoyance or clairaudience. One lady's boyfriend was moving far away and wanted to know how the relationship is going to go. :w00t: What the heck? I told her I see her visiting him in November. She didn't like that and wanted to know if they'll still have a loving relationship. And I was like ... What the HECK?! "No. You're not. He's not living far away from you. Unless you are happy with a phone call now and then and text messages, until those get boring." It's not rocket science. I did cast a chart before I thought about it like that but only because the chart showed that.

So there's a lot of dumb questions and lack of common sense. Not always.

Also. People test you. I don't even do astrology sometimes. I'm comfortable writing answers and those seem to be right. Like automatic writing. But the questions come so fast and furious for that other business that I can't do that. So I have to use tarot cards. I've never looked at a book in my life for what they mean. That's the best way to get it wrong. You've got to just go with what comes to you. You can't even "think." The moment you start thinking you're going to be wrong.

Anyway, that was a rant. :lol:

Cypocryphy

Hey Dirius:

Yeah. Absolutely. I've had to jump from horary to automatic writing and tarot. But I prefer horary because I LIKE IT A LOT. So because of that I'm good at it.

Yeah. But this stuff happens so fast. I've got a timer on my screen showing me how fast I have to answer, and it kind of messes with my "3rd eye." I don't do well under stress in that sense. I like calm, relaxed. When calm, relaxed, I get right to the point and am super accurate.

Yeah. I answer as I receive them but will hunt for correspondence. The chart has to fit the situation. But people like to test me and just say nothing. Like: Hi. I was born 12/8/82 and other person was born 4/29/77." And that's it. No question. No nothing. I'm not supposed to answer that question but I do anyway. It's obvious what they want, and if they aren't asking about a relationship then that's his or her bad. I hate being tested .