Scorpio girls not into combat sports/martial arts like Aries girl & Scorpio men are?

Darth MI

Scorpio girls not into combat sports/martial arts like Aries girl & Scorpio men are?

This is something I find so fascinating about the classic Scorpio girl as according to Sun Sign astrology. Scorpio women are often described as tomboys. In fact the astrologer Linda Goodman wrote that "the Scorpio woman is a woman who wishes to be a man". Sun Sign astrology often describes the Scorpio woman as trying to break out against sexist social norms and expectations of women and committing into occupation and hobbies normally attributed to men. To use a real life example, Margaret Mitchell really refused to be a stay-at-home girl and sought employment as a journalist in her early adult years, an occupation back during her time almost exclusively held by men.

Her fictional character Scarlett O'Hara pretty much lived a similar life and in rebelled against social nnorms. Scarlett became an aggressive and successful business woman during a time when women were treated as objects and expected to sit back at home and take care of kids.

I can put a many more examples of Scorpio/ Scorpio Ascendant/Scorpio dominant women acting tomboyish or at least trying to act like men particularly in the work place.

But I noticed one thing about Scorpionic women that prevents them from her from being a "true tomboy" that the Aries woman is: she normally does not have interest in combat sports or martial arts or war or anything related physical fighting PERIOD. If anything, the classic Scorpio girl as according to Sun Sign astrology would be among the WEAKEST and FEMININE girl of the zodiac when it comes to real fighting and manly occupation like soldiering, construction work, and police. I would actually daresay in physical fighting, physical hardships and masculine physical demanding jobs the Scorpio woman is no longer the famous tough individual she is infamous for and if anything she becomes just as weak as the Pisces and Libran women are traditionally described as in Sun Sign astrology, if anything even WEAKER than Pisces and Libra because they lack the same aggression and military mentality that male Scorpios traditionally are described as having.

I don't get this at all. Aries women are normally described as having combat sports and martial arts as their typical hobbies. In fact the classic Aries girl is described as an amazon warrior. Aries and Scorpio originally shared Mars as their ruling planet. So it surprises me Scorpio women generally don't have interest in combat sports and martial arts. I mean even the Aries girls I know who aren't amazon are at least interested in combat sports and martial arts.

Now I know sports aren't even typical Scorpio interests. But the Scorpio man is described as having boxing and martial arts or some form of combat sports as one of his hobby and the classic Scorpio man's occupation is the military. I'm a Pisces who's Scorpio Ascendant and Scorpio Dominant and I even have my Arabic Parts of Sports and Armies both in Scorpio. I never been much into sports at all until recently but the exceptions were combat sports. I've been following boxing for years and in my younger years martial arts (or at least reading about martial arts) were among my primary hobbies. I would have loved to take marksmanship classes and I wanted to be a soldier as my occupation more than anything else. I would easily have dropped out of college to work an entire career in the army or even the navy or airforce in an instant if I didn't have DQs.

One of my closest friends IRL is a martial arts instructor with a black belt (don't know precise ranks but I know he's above 3rd Dan) and he teaches karate as one of his primary occupations. He's a double Scorpio (Sun and Moon) and long before he got into Karate, he was already practicing boxing in his youth.

So since Scorpio men are so big into fighting arts and sports (despite the sign of Scorpio generally lacking interest in sports) and the military is one of the primary occupation Scorpio men tend to go into as well as the fact Aries women tend to be into fighting and martial arts, I really cannot get why Scorpio women are generally not described as amazons. Despite the fact their male counterparts are warriors and Aries women, whom they shared their original ruling planets Mars with, are big into martial arts and prizefighting and even war. Well in fact Scorpio women are described indeed as being aggressive tomboys in everything else and have no qualms about entering occupations traditionally held by males save for prize fighting, soldiering, policemen, and other jobs requiring physical conditioning and involving danger!!!!

I know the rest of the chart and more so the upbringing has a lot to do with interests in combat sports and military. I also understand their is a double standards and sexist expectations of women in society and most societies frown upon women being interested in fighting sports and military.

Hell one of the actresses I'm a huge fan off and drool over is Sue Shiomi <3 who is a SCORPIO woman who acted as one of Sonny Chiba's partners in martial arts movies and starred as the ***-kicking martial arts hottie Li Koryu in the Sister Street Fighter series!!! I even inititally thought she was probably Aries because she (or at least the characters she played as in most of her movies) seemed very Aries Especially her role as Kaoruwho is all-out Aries with maybe some Earth to calm her fiery nature

I really cannot comprehend this. With a few exceptions like Sue Shiomi (granted she is more of an actress than martial artist), even taking into account society's expectations on women, the Scorpio woman is very much as feminine and delicate as the ideal 1950s house wife woman goes in relation to fighting sports and martial arts.

I know a Scorpio girl who's Aries dominant or with Part of Sports or Armies in Aries would indeed be very much Aries in her interest to martial arts and combat sports. A Scorpio girl raised in a society of Amazon would end up knowing martial arts as second nature. But I am referring to the traditional Sun Sign astrology description of Scorpio women.

Sithae

Re: Scorpio girls not into combat sports/martial arts like Aries girl & Scorpio men a

I think you're looking at the topic from a too shallow angle. For example, I have a Scorpio Sun, Venus and Mercury in one house, also in Scorpio and a Scorpio Pluto to go with all that. Before I had troubles with my knees, I spent 10 years fencing. Medieval fencing, not sports fencing (though I can manage that also). I can also shoot decently and throw knives passably. I've attended karate classes briefly when younger, but on the whole I like it better when there is more distance between me and a potential opponent. I'm not heavily into it, but I had the opportunity to learn, so I did, being curious, and I enjoyed all of these activities. So I am definitely interested in this stuff, and have no distaste for these activities. Neither am I some defenseless weakling. I mostly get along with guys, or other Scorp girls who aren't very girly and rather talk about politics than a new mascara. So I can attest to not being an exception when it comes down to a Scorpio girl being able to handle a weapon well.

I have an Aries friend (Aries Sun, ASC and Mars) and she is a nurse with a children's doctor. The closest she has come to any aggression is her devouring of men tendency and the fact that she is a drummer, but she can't punch her way through a paper bag if she tried. She does kick *** with her personality and wits and is amazing to be around, but not the person you want with you in a dark alley in a shady part of town.

I don't necessarily think that these tendencies can be evidenced by viewing someone's Mars either. Mine is a singleton, the only air planet I have and is definitely the malefic in my chart. My Aries friend has a nicely aspected Mars, but it is evidenced in her life in other areas (such as tremendous will to go on, courage, action oriented personality).

Another thing is, Scorpio oriented people often keep parts of themselves just for themselves, or what they consider their privacy. I know a number of people who have hobbies they don't really talk about and just do when they are alone. It's their little secret they don't have a need to share, even though it's nothing sinister. Another popular Scorpionic strategy is trying to appear weaker than you really are, for when an attack does come, the other person has no idea what they are dealing with, while you have all the cards up your sleeve.

In all things, you must look at a chart as a whole, then you can find your answers. I would be interested in where these tendencies can be evidenced in a chart when it comes down to aspects, but I can see it can be a number of things off the bat. It's not always glaringly obvious to identify (as mentioned with this concrete example above).

HoldOrFold

Re: Scorpio girls not into combat sports/martial arts like Aries girl & Scorpio men a

With Scorpio ruling over the sex-organs it would make sense that Scorpio women embrace their natural sexual polarity (female/magnetic) while still using it in a Mars way.

sworm09

I'm not sure.

I once dated a girl with a Scorpio Ascendant along with her Sun and Mars in Scorpio. She was very calm, yet easily frustrated and somewhat vindictive and scary when she needed to be.

She practiced Taekwondo, Karate, and I think Wushu, but with her petite frame and calm demeanor you'd never know that she could probably kill you in seconds. She had both the skills and temperament for it.

More Aries oriented girls? From my experience they've been very pushy, aggressive, and somewhat tomboyish. If they can beat you up then you're going to be aware of it, where Scorpio is going to make you wait to find out when it's too late.

Darth MI

I think you're looking at the topic from a too shallow angle. For example, I have a Scorpio Sun, Venus and Mercury in one house, also in Scorpio and a Scorpio Pluto to go with all that. Before I had troubles with my knees, I spent 10 years fencing. Medieval fencing, not sports fencing (though I can manage that also). I can also shoot decently and throw knives passably. I've attended karate classes briefly when younger, but on the whole I like it better when there is more distance between me and a potential opponent. I'm not heavily into it, but I had the opportunity to learn, so I did, being curious, and I enjoyed all of these activities. So I am definitely interested in this stuff, and have no distaste for these activities. Neither am I some defenseless weakling. I mostly get along with guys, or other Scorp girls who aren't very girly and rather talk about politics than a new mascara. So I can attest to not being an exception when it comes down to a Scorpio girl being able to handle a weapon well.

I have an Aries friend (Aries Sun, ASC and Mars) and she is a nurse with a children's doctor. The closest she has come to any aggression is her devouring of men tendency and the fact that she is a drummer, but she can't punch her way through a paper bag if she tried. She does kick *** with her personality and wits and is amazing to be around, but not the person you want with you in a dark alley in a shady part of town.

I don't necessarily think that these tendencies can be evidenced by viewing someone's Mars either. Mine is a singleton, the only air planet I have and is definitely the malefic in my chart. My Aries friend has a nicely aspected Mars, but it is evidenced in her life in other areas (such as tremendous will to go on, courage, action oriented personality).

Another thing is, Scorpio oriented people often keep parts of themselves just for themselves, or what they consider their privacy. I know a number of people who have hobbies they don't really talk about and just do when they are alone. It's their little secret they don't have a need to share, even though it's nothing sinister. Another popular Scorpionic strategy is trying to appear weaker than you really are, for when an attack does come, the other person has no idea what they are dealing with, while you have all the cards up your sleeve.

In all things, you must look at a chart as a whole, then you can find your answers. I would be interested in where these tendencies can be evidenced in a chart when it comes down to aspects, but I can see it can be a number of things off the bat. It's not always glaringly obvious to identify (as mentioned with this concrete example above).

The thing is SCORPIO GIRLS are not associated with combat sports. The typical description is that of a girl who is feisty but VERY WEAK physically and not exactly the type with high pain tolerance. There is a lot of emphasis on SEXY BODIES and SEX APPEAL but little on athletic vigour.

SECRETIVE???!!! Maybe at most stuff but as far as combat sports go most Scorpio men I know have no qualms about keeping their interest in MMA or whatsoever secret.

Yanel

No, actually, a strong Scorpio influence in charts of girls makes them pretty athletic and aggressive and many of them train combat sports. Info from observations(of Scorpio Suns). I don't think it's the Scorpio energy in a chart that can make Scorpio Suns be weak and delicate - a strong Libra, Gemini or even Virgo and Capricorn energies do that.

Last edited:

Sithae

No, actually, a strong Scorpio influence in charts of girls makes them pretty athletic and aggressive and many of them train combat sports. Info from observations(of Scorpio Suns). I don't think it's the Scorpio energy in a chart that can make Scorpio Suns be weak and delicate - a strong Libra, Gemini or even Virgo and Capricorn energies do that.

that's exactly what I was trying to say, you need to look at the whole chart. I also don't see us Scorps as physically weaker, even though our strength lies in the mind usually (double that for me and my scorp mercury). I have noticed in some other posts of the same original poster the unwillingness to actually look at things in a complex way, so that is what I suggest.

Another example is another friend of mine, though it's a male, while he has several scorpio planets (atleast the sun and pluto), he is rather libran, and ended up being very pacifistic. It also shows his way of dealing with agression or destruction on the general, because he turns it inwardly to not harm other people with his moods.

Unni

I agree with Sithae on this one. I’m a heavily Scorpio woman and I’ve always been into combat, martial arts and acrobatics since a child. Also the female Scorpio friends I had, had a tendency of an aggressive-combative behavior.

It depends a lot on the entire chart, I remember this November Scorpio girl coming to martial arts training and after a month she dropped off, also didn’t seemed very interested in it, no passion or real drive to improve. So yes, there are many other factors to keep in mind.

As for male Scorpios, most of them I’ve met didn’t had any interest into sports, they were rather laid back.

chei star

Little late replying. I am a Scorpio Sun&Mars (amongst others) with an Aries rising. I am extremely physically active, I hike many miles every day, I am very very muscular and though I avoid conflict at all costs I would never back down from a fight. And I would win, I am a crazy angry person prone to blackouts. Something that satisfies me greatly is knowing that I am just as strong if not stronger than your average man. I don't feel a victim of my sex. Does that make sense. I know it doesn't help distinguish between Aries/Scorpio though :p

Last edited: