Saturn Venus hard aspects - What's your experience?

Carris

What has been your personal experience of hard Saturn Venus aspects?

I have saturn (12th house gemini) opposite venus (0*46' orb). My experience has been these:

- Facing harshness and coldness.
- Lack of love, harmonious relationships and social life. Troubles and frustrations in relationships.
- Facing hurt, rejection, pain and humiliation. Loneliness and alienation.
- Difficulty earning a living. Troubles in financial situation.
- Depression and anxiety

What could be the karmic lesson in this aspect?

Jeanne Avery, in her book, "Astrology and your past lives" describes this aspect as those who "took themselves away" or abandoned family and friends to pursue their own interests or comitted suicide in past lives. The logic being that since they took away their love from others - now they have to face the lack of love.

However, this seems to be a very extreme punishment for learning the value of family and friends.

What has been your experience with this aspect?

Last edited:

Anahath

The lesson here and with every Saturn harsh aspect is that you have to find your true self,to realize that you are not your ego,that the life experiences don't have to define who you are.When you get to that point,you'll be free.

I speak from experience...I have Venus opposite Saturn,Mars opposite Saturn and Jupiter opposite Saturn^^

JayM

The lesson here and with every Saturn harsh aspect is that you have to find your true self,to realize that you are not your ego,that the life experiences don't have to define who you are.When you get to that point,you'll be free.

I speak from experience...I have Venus opposite Saturn,Mars opposite Saturn and Jupiter opposite Saturn^^

Thank you anahath. :love:

Would you say the same for saturn square ascendent and oppose moon? Saturn conjunt south node as well.

Last edited:

Blackempress

I have saturn (12th house gemini) opposite venus (0*46' orb). My experience has been these:

- Lack of love, harmonious relationships and social life. Troubles and frustrations in relationships.
- Depression and anxiety

Jeanne Avery, in her book, "Astrology and your past lives" describes this aspect as those who "took themselves away" or abandoned family and friends to pursue their own interests or comitted suicide in past lives. The logic being that since they took away their love from others - now they have to face the lack of love.

However, this seems to be a very extreme punishment for learning the value of family and friends.

I recently had a client with a conjunct in the 8th. I have yet to get details on the life but it does heavily present as 'feeling unloved' & with other aspects being involved with Saturn would further create resistance to overcoming the sensitivity to 'come out of the shell'. Venus-Saturn is Controlled-love & importance of time. The base is 'restricted-love' leading to low self esteem. This is noticeable. People tend to think that somehow Love will wane & they tend to get underneath every little manipulation/trouble in a relationship (since none is perfect) & make it a self-fulfiling prophesy. Women with this contact fail to receive the love from their male-counterparts. Issue is of trust & letting go. Saturn keeps tight reins on sharing of real intimacy & the background is lack of father/appreciation from him. It also goes with 'restricted-beauty' so the person feels that they lack that & some will go overboard in compensation by becoming beauty-queens.

Other parts of the chart will indicate where those emotional issues stem from but the Venus-Saturn issues itself can be addressed from the Sign & House.

astro11

Venus-Saturn actually helps a person make more money than usual. I did a study of 35 billionaires and Venus-Saturn was the third most common aspect.

I have seen many people with Venus-Saturn aspects with partners they feel obligated towards. They feel they can not leave the relationship/ marriage for a variety of reasons and sacrifice their personal happiness for it.

Perhaps in a past life you were too much of a drain on someone else's resources and took advantage of them. In this life, you are the person feeling drained and you feel that other people expect too much of you with little gratitude. I would say the karmic lesson is accepting the situation with grace and fulfilling the obligations that are imposed on you in relationships. This doesn't mean that you don't have a right to be happy and you do need to establish boundaries. However, do recognize that the karma has been created and will not go away until you work on it.

- Depression and anxiety

Judy_AzVirgo

I don't have this aspect, myself, but have seen a fair number of clients who have the opposition. None of them has had a problem making a good living, and I think they tend to put a lot of personal value on their ability to earn big bucks.

The social life tends to be very structured, favoring planned meetings (personal or organizational) over spontaneous get-togethers, for instance.

Finding love does seem to be an issue. What I see is that they are very judgmental about the men/women in their lives, and are looking for the Perfect Partner -- and of course they have trouble finding such an animal. They do seem to hold very high standards for themselves, their behavior, their looks, their success, etc., and I guess they want a partner who has the same values.

I'm not sure whether the love issue is that they feel "unloved" or that they are rather chilly, themselves, which could keep potential partners at arm's length. (Most of my Venus-Saturn clients come across that way, at least to me... as if they are evaluating me rather than trusting my judgment.) But not all of those I've met are that way. Maybe it depends on whether they identify more with Venus or with Saturn. As well as the overall disposition of the chart.

I would think that at least one lesson here is to loosen up, be less uptight, less judgmental and more accepting of self and others. Anyway, my two cents' worth.

astrology02

I have saturn in capricorn (12th house) in a tight square to my venus in libra(8th house). This aspect has to be the worst. I went to an astrologer and she said that in a past life I was in a relationship where the person adored me and then I just one day decided to leave town and left them broken hearted. She said that now in this life I have to deal with feelings of rejection, low self esteem and unrequited love.

I was in a relationship with someone who I felt was everything I wanted " my perfect soulmate" ...only to find out he didn't feel the same way.

I guess what frusturates me is that everyone says " you will find someone" but it seems everyone with the saturn venus square has bad luck when it comes to matters of the heart. I want to be loved so bad, but i feel i'm doomed for failure. I hate venus square saturn!! :devil: (Sorry if i sound bitter :happy:)

Blackempress

I would think that at least one lesson here is to loosen up, be less uptight, less judgmental and more accepting of self and others. Anyway, my two cents' worth.

I know 2 people with Venus-Conj-Saturn & yes they both can earn esp my Sis she has it in Scorpio in 5th (the other has it in 8th) & I've seen her to be ambitious since teens about 'her worth' regarding salaries. She refuses 'free-lance' & demands good pay for her hard-work unlike myself who knows/does alot more for nothing. :whistling:

Both the women are sure in their ability to earn, can find partners but don't feel 'loved' enough. Ofcourse the other parts of the chart also matter. Sis has a Pisces Moon whilst the other lady had Pisces MC. So that could be a reflection too.

astro11

The top 2 aspects in my billionaires study were Venus-Neptune and Mars-Mercury, 69% of the 35 billionaires had these aspects.

Blackempress

The top 2 aspects in my billionaires study were Venus-Neptune and Mars-Mercury, 69% of the 35 billionaires had these aspects.

Venus-Neptune might be illegal gathering or artistic..... Interesting that Mars-Mercury should take the lead. I was hoping for Jupiter-pluto...ooh well, guess no cash luck for me. :annoyed:

Sorry back to Venus-Saturn.

bubuza_dulce

I have seen many people with Venus-Saturn aspects with partners they feel obligated towards. They feel they can not leave the relationship/ marriage for a variety of reasons and sacrifice their personal happiness for it.

Perhaps in a past life you were too much of a drain on someone else's resources and took advantage of them. In this life, you are the person feeling drained and you feel that other people expect too much of you with little gratitude. I would say the karmic lesson is accepting the situation with grace and fulfilling the obligations that are imposed on you in relationships. This doesn't mean that you don't have a right to be happy and you do need to establish boundaries. However, do recognize that the karma has been created and will not go away until you work on it.

I have Venus square Saturn and what you say sounds so true!

I've been in a relationship that "drained" me financially and emotionally. I didn't think it was from other lives but I had a strong feeling I had a debt towards this person! At some point I realised I couldn't sleep unless I knew this person had a good life so I did whatever I needed to do (receiving anything but gratitude) until I didn't feel the need to do anything.

Venus-Saturn actually helps a person make more money than usual. I did a study of 35 billionaires and Venus-Saturn was the third most common aspect.

Do you have any particular aspects in mind or any aspect would do?

I have Venus square Saturn, Venus opposition Neptune and Mars square Mercury.

I am at a point where I could make a lot of money but I shy away from it feeling "unworthy" ! In the past, when I had a lot of money I just gave it away.

From what you say I should understand that if I solve my problems regarding receiving - love and money - I could become a very rich person (emotionally too)?

Last edited:

astro11

For the billionaires study, any aspect between the two planets works, it is the tighter orb that matters most. You should see how many aspects out of 17 that you have, the more you have the easier it is to make money (the better your money karma). However, regardless of how many aspects you have it is still necessary to work hard to maximize results. I would say to anyone who has a lot of these aspects, start a business or look into investments. Some work on your part could make you very rich!

JUPITERASC

It's terrible, most things written here have turned out to be true for me: http://www.astrologicalaspects.com/venussaturn/

And they say if I marry she'll be some sick old lady most likely haha.
The karmic lession is that the force, God or whatever you like to call it plays favorites and we with a Venus/Saturn are the redheaded step-children. No need to sugar coat it that God is a total jerk to some people. F**k you God, but I do deserve loving and receiving just like some of the jerks you give everything without any effort to. You owe me big time you *******! I didn't chose to be a victim, it was forced to me, that we chose our birth time is a total b.s. Karma is unfair as if you do sth wrong you have to get a repay now, but those without this aspect lie, steal, abuse people and they always get away with it. So what if in their next life they will suffer? They won't remember any of their wrong dongs anyway so it's like punishing a child for the deeds of their ancestors. God is just like a Nazi - some are the chosen ones, others like those with Venus/Saturn are also chosen - to burn in gas chambers.
childisborn_orig.jpg

JUPITERASC

This is victim-blaming. "You chose it, so it excuses abusive parents, teachers, and other children/people" What if I will start abusing and bullying others, you know for self-preservation? I'm done with taking b.s. from people. I did love myself for a year and was on cloud 9 and still didn't manifest any relationship. Astrology is so negative about this aspect it's time to stop reading such b.s.
Given that your opinion
to which you are entitled
is
one of the classic responses
that "we are all blameless innocent victims"
then obviously
good idea to seek answers elsewhere
:smile:
otherwise face reality
and consider the Law of Unintended Consequences

unnamed.jpg

guardian00angel

This is something I'm trying to learn.
I realize I am easily shaped by my experiences in a bad way.
I take what happens to me and let it put me down immensely.
For example, I was truly affected by a co-worker that refused to help me when I asked for his help politely. I felt rejected and that maybe it was because of me, personally, that he didn't want to help. My whole night was ruined by his behavior... It increased my depression.

Looking back at that, I should have looked at it this way- that was his choice, and it hurt that he didn't want to help, but I'm doing a good job without his help anyway. I should reassure myself with positive affirmations. Plus, he probably was in a bad mood.

His, or anyone's, choices do not define me, it is my own choices that define me.

There is this quote, "You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”

and

"The world is filled with people who, no matter what you do, will point blank not like you. But it is also filled with those who will love you fiercely. They are your people. You are not for everything and that’s OK. Talk to the people who can hear you..."

If I were a painting of a beautiful ocean of pink, some people will walk right by me and not notice or like me, but there are some that might actually appreciate and like me.

I am still beautiful in my own way, I just need to stop focusing on those that don't see me in that way.

“We all have a life to live! We all have unique and distinctive purposes to fulfill! Everybody has a purpose on earth, and everybody must live the true purpose why God gives life to us each day! You are not on earth to compete with anybody but your true purpose. You are not on earth to compare yourself to anybody, but the you in you and the true purpose for which you came here! Life is good when you don’t compare yourself in a manner that will make you feel bad. Life is good when you know your true purpose in life and who you must live to be and to please! You fulfill your true you distinctively when you understand you are you and not anybody! So many people are living others destiny just because they have neglected their own true purpose! So many people think badly just because they compare themselves wrongfully with others and things! Everybody has a life and everybody must live a life! If there is any reason to compare yourself to others and things, let it be the inspiration you get from comparing yourself with others and things that makes you do something unique! There is a true reason for our existence on earth and we must reason from nothing, but the true reason why we live each day!”

~~~~~~~~~

I have Saturn squaring my Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Midheaven...
and boy oh boy has it been very troubling for me with these aspects...
Lots of loneliness, depression, anxiety, etc...

But i think what's been working for me is to stop comparing and just live my life..whatever that may be because i am still trying to figure it out... but i am currently trying to just work on myself for myself.

I also want to add that I had a long-term friendship with someone that made me feel like a mother to her rather than an actual friend.
Her Saturn and chiron squared my moon, mercury, venus, and midheaven, just like my natal.

Our friendship lasted about 9 years until she finally found a boyfriend and I was allowed to be set free of a draining relationship....

Unfortunately, she is dealing with some major issues regarding him, but i told her she needs to see a therapist for the problem she was having. I've helped her with almost everything in life, but this time, I am in no good mental/emotional state to help or have the knowledge to help her with what she's dealing with. I don't want her to see me as if i have all the answers because i don't, and if i'm always helping her, she'll never be able to do things on her own and I'll never be able to work on my own personal problems.
I helped her best i could, but now i cannot anymore, i need to work on myself.

Plus, she was not supportive of me when I had severe panic attacks...and she'd get mad at me for having depression... our relationship was co-dependent and it needed to end.
Although i still care for her and love her, it's just that we need to live our own lives, and our lives have become too different to collide harmoniously.

Our life together was similar to having two sick people trying to help each other get better only to stay sick. That's not good...

Last edited: