Sidereal Astrology is More Accurate

serafin5

It depends on which ayanasyma you use if your Asc degree is late enough. I personally think I'm more of a Capricorn and Pisces that Aquarius. I first thought I was more of a Pisces when I was reading Sun signs, but after a while I was like no, I like reality and responsibility and I don't like sob stories or pity, but if you mix that with Capricorn you get exactly that, a creative and intuitive disciplined person. I don't even look like an Aquarius. Aquarius are supposed to have really bright blue eyes but mine are brown and darker than most people's.

Rebel you know youre my girl right? But I have to say I am a little disappointed with this post for several reasons. First to answer I'm not sure what an ayanasyma is although I have read about this before I just dont remember so Im not really using it. I'm supposed to be a 0deg Pisces 'cause I was born on the 19th of Feb and I've been told that the Sun went into Pisces that day of my birth year 1964 at approx. 6:30am that morning. I just cant understand why so many people say how all Pisces are have sob stories need pity avoid responsibilty etc. You of all people know that blanket statements about sun signs are ludicrous. Now in your defense I have never had a lot of karma with Pisces so I cant say I have known many in my life but I dont see myself that way at all! Also, who said that most Aquarians have "bright blue eyes"? What of all the eastern (and American) indians, Asians, and Hispanics that are born Aquarius, not to mention our dark eyed Europeans, Africans,.............this list goes on.

Please dont be put out with me Rebel.

Serafin5:wink:

kennedyrosewhith

It really doesn't make any sense to me to say "I can't be this sign because I'm not _____". Like what's already been said, there's a whole entire chart to take into consideration. If your Sun is in Pisces, you can't be Pisces in every way possible if you have planets and points in other signs (nevermind aspects and all that).

Have you looked into your own tropical chart to try and find an answer to your dilemma, Rebel?

Rebel Uranian

It really doesn't make any sense to me to say "I can't be this sign because I'm not _____". Like what's already been said, there's a whole entire chart to take into consideration. If your Sun is in Pisces, you can't be Pisces in every way possible if you have planets and points in other signs (nevermind aspects and all that).

Have you looked into your own tropical chart to try and find an answer to your dilemma, Rebel?

I've already done that in about every type of astro there is. Modern makes no sense, but trad gets it so wrong the results should be negated for high accuracy. It says I'm a Moon and Venus person, which frankly I'm not. Polite, popular, phlegmatic, fight avoider, feminine... More flattering than what I'm really like, but not me. My sidereal chart nails it. That's probably just a coincidence considering astrology was developed as a way to interpret omens of gods who don't exist.

@serafin5 - An ayanasyma is an amount of degrees you move the tropical zodiac backwards to get a sidereal zodiac. That's not very a precise definition but it works.

Also, if I can't say "for all ___, if ___ then ___" then how am I supposed to begin to delineate?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Rebel you know youre my girl right? But I have to say I am a little disappointed with this post for several reasons. First to answer I'm not sure what an ayanasyma is although I have read about this before I just dont remember so Im not really using it. I'm supposed to be a 0deg Pisces 'cause I was born on the 19th of Feb and I've been told that the Sun went into Pisces that day of my birth year 1964 at approx. 6:30am that morning. I just cant understand why so many people say how all Pisces are have sob stories need pity avoid responsibilty etc. You of all people know that blanket statements about sun signs are ludicrous. Now in your defense I have never had a lot of karma with Pisces so I cant say I have known many in my life but I dont see myself that way at all! Also, who said that most Aquarians have "bright blue eyes"? What of all the eastern (and American) indians, Asians, and Hispanics that are born Aquarius, not to mention our dark eyed Europeans, Africans,.............this list goes on.
Please dont be put out with me Rebel. Serafin5:wink:
Serafin5 here's some video of other ethnicities with blue eyes www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZxjwT8PT8&feature=related and there's another video that includes blue eyed Asians http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRgcEUOVcw&feature=related and also blue eyed Africans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4NDNMk7Dxw&feature=related :smile:

retinoid

I think transits are more accurate in timing using sidereal...though I don't think the signs make sense as I have said before. So I am conflicted. The ruler of my second house is the moon in tropical and mercury in sidereal. The moon makes so much more sense as my emotions depend on my finances...However, my venus+moon are situated in the last degrees of the seventh house in the tropical and is in the 8th house in sidereal (the 8th house makes perfect sense for me). So as I said, I just don't know.............................

JUPITERASC

I think transits are more accurate in timing using sidereal...though I don't think the signs make sense as I have said before. So I am conflicted. The ruler of my second house is the moon in tropical and mercury in sidereal. The moon makes so much more sense as my emotions depend on my finances...However, my venus+moon are situated in the last degrees of the seventh house in the tropical and is in the 8th house in sidereal (the 8th house makes perfect sense for me). So as I said, I just don't know.............................
retinoid, because your personal experience has proved to you that transits are more accurate in timing using sidereal - then use sidereal for timing!

You can always use tropical as well for those other interpretations that also make sense to you - who says it is necessary to choose between one or the other? Simply be aware of HOW each system works for you and use it for those specific reasons each time you use it. Keep experimenting and keep notes of your results!:smile:

serafin5

Serafin5 here's some video of other ethnicities with blue eyes www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZxjwT8PT8&feature=related and there's another video that includes blue eyed Asians http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRgcEUOVcw&feature=related and also blue eyed Africans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4NDNMk7Dxw&feature=related :smile:

Please dont misunderstand me JupAsc, because I didnt mean to imply that our darker skinned brothers and sisters cant be blue-eyed; I was just pointing out to my friend Rebel that any sign can have any eye color. Blanket statements tend to hurt my feelings a little, probably because I myself am multi-ethnic. Or no its probably because I'm a Sun sign Pisces and there I go belly-aching again for attention. Gawd, I hate when that happens..............:biggrin:

Cheers, JupAsc.!
S5

Shanti

There are excellent astrologers who do really good work in both systems.

I have watched these kind of tropical/sidereal threads for years. They are fun and sometimes give food for thought but seldom leads to anything concrete.
Sometimes they create unnescessary polarity by fellow astrologers I noticed. :wink:

JUPITERASC

Please dont misunderstand me JupAsc, because I didnt mean to imply that our darker skinned brothers and sisters cant be blue-eyed; I was just pointing out to my friend Rebel that any sign can have any eye color. Blanket statements tend to hurt my feelings a little, probably because I myself am multi-ethnic. Or no its probably because I'm a Sun sign Pisces and there I go belly-aching again for attention. Gawd, I hate when that happens..............:biggrin: Cheers, JupAsc.! S5
serafin5 I think we can agree that finding the reasons for a person's appearance is one of the most intriguing areas of astrology and I was not offended by your remark. Instead I thought readers of this thread may be interested to view some video showing Asians, Africans, Native Americans and many other ethnicities with blue, green and grey eyes.

I understand what you mean when you say that in general "any sign can have any eye colour" - however, IMO we need to be very clear regarding the likely reasons why a particular sunsign Aquarian may have different eye colour from another sun sign Aquarian.

I think what you may have intended to say to Rebel Uranian is that a person's eye colour is not always solely determined by the sign the sun occupies in their natal chart and I would agree with that. Other factors are involved such as for example the Ascendant Sign, the Ascendant Decan, the Ascendant Degree and their rulers and whether or not they are in any aspect to the ascendant and/or each other.
Also the sign the rulers occupy and so on.

Another important consideration is that the tropical zodiac is a mathematical construct that is detached from the 'Images' or constellations and detached from precession also. Therefore often a person's tropical sun sign is different from their Sidereal sun sign. i.e. although some people have the same sun sign in both tropical and sidereal, other people have two different sun signs depending on whether the astrologer is using the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac

So one Aquarian's eye colour being different from another Aquarian's eye colour may also be explained by examining their sidereal zodiac sign to check whether their Sun is in Aquarius in both Tropical and Sidereal - or not

Here's some research you'll find interesting! Several years ago I read an article claiming that until approximately 10,000 years ago everyone had brown eyes.

The following paragraph is a QUOTE from Professor Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at Copenhagen University: http://www.world-science.net/othernews/080131_blueeyes.htm

“Originally, we all had brown eyes. But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch', which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes. The proof that all blue-eyed people have a common ancestor comes from the fact that whereas eye colours ranging from brown to green are caused by relatively large differences in the amount of melanin in the iris, controlled by 'considerable individual variation' in the area of the DNA responsible for melanin production, the variation in iris melanin levels across all blue-eyed individuals is very small. From this we can conclude that all blue-eyed individuals are linked to the same ancestor. They have all inherited the same switch at exactly the same spot in their DNA.”

tsmall

Premium Member
serafin5 I think we can agree that finding the reasons for a person's appearance is one of the most intriguing areas of astrology and I was not offended by your remark. Instead I thought readers of this thread may be interested to view some video showing Asians, Africans, Native Americans and many other ethnicities with blue, green and grey eyes.

I understand what you mean when you say that in general "any sign can have any eye colour" - however, IMO we need to be very clear regarding the likely reasons why a particular sunsign Aquarian may have different eye colour from another sun sign Aquarian.

I think what you may have intended to say to Rebel Uranian is that a person's eye colour is not always solely determined by the sign the sun occupies in their natal chart and I would agree with that. Other factors are involved such as for example the Ascendant Sign, the Ascendant Decan, the Ascendant Degree and their rulers and whether or not they are in any aspect to the ascendant and/or each other. Also the sign the rulers occupy and so on.

Another important consideration is that the tropical zodiac is a mathematical construct that is detached from the 'Images' or constellations and detached from precession also. Therefore often a person's tropical sun sign is different from their Sidereal sun sign. i.e. although some people have the same sun sign in both tropical and sidereal, other people have two different sun signs depending on whether the astrologer is using the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac

So one Aquarian's eye colour being different from another Aquarian's eye colour may also be explained by examining their sidereal zodiac sign to check whether their Sun is in Aquarius in both Tropical and Sidereal - or not

Here's some research you'll find interesting! Several years ago I read an article claiming that until approximately 10,000 years ago everyone had brown eyes.

The following paragraph is a QUOTE from Professor Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at Copenhagen University: http://www.world-science.net/othernews/080131_blueeyes.htm

“Originally, we all had brown eyes. But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch', which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes. The proof that all blue-eyed people have a common ancestor comes from the fact that whereas eye colours ranging from brown to green are caused by relatively large differences in the amount of melanin in the iris, controlled by 'considerable individual variation' in the area of the DNA responsible for melanin production, the variation in iris melanin levels across all blue-eyed individuals is very small. From this we can conclude that all blue-eyed individuals are linked to the same ancestor. They have all inherited the same switch at exactly the same spot in their DNA.”

Great post! Next question? Define "blue eyes"? Because I can say with certainty that I and all three of my children are (for identification purposes) said to have "blue eyes." Yet, we don't. They are neither blue, nor green, nor hazel, nor grey. About the only thing we can say about this eye color is that they are not brown....Rebel, have you read anything about that?

For the record, I have (all tropical) Sun in Libra, on child has Sun in Capricorn, the next has Sun in Cancer, and the last has Sun in Virgo...but we are talking about sidereal vs. tropical, right? So my Sun is Virgo, child one is Sagittaruis, child two is Gemini, and child three remains Virgo (boy, that kid is really virgo, too) Rising signs are supposed to be able to describe appearance? Okaaayyyy. Tropically I have Libra rising, child one has Virgo, child two Leo, and child three Aries. Sidereally they are: me Virgo, child one Leo, child two Cancer, and child three Pisces. I can't find a correlation between astrology and eyecolor, but I can say that all four of these charts make better sense from a natal delineation in the sidereal zodiac.

Edit to add: If astrology is supposed to be able to determine eye color, how come it can't tell skin color?

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
There are excellent astrologers who do really good work in both systems.

I have watched these kind of tropical/sidereal threads for years. They are fun and sometimes give food for thought but seldom leads to anything concrete.
Sometimes they create unnescessary polarity by fellow astrologers I noticed. :wink:

Yes, Shanti, it's a bit like arguing about the weather, no?

JUPITERASC

Edit to add: If astrology is supposed to be able to determine eye color, how come it can't tell skin color?
Apparently astrology can delineate skin colour as well... the idea is that a person has either light, medium or dark skin tone. So for Caucasian people, some do have very pale or lighter skin tone than other Caucasians from the same family while, others have a medium skin tone and others would be considered dark for a Caucasian of their particular family group.

Similarly, within the context of African skin tone in general, some skin tones are very dark, some medium and others light in comparison.

The idea is easily applied for Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, mixed races and any category of race or non race.

What I find particularly interesting are twins. e.g. twins with very different appearances e.g. An average height blue eyed blonde haired male twin with dark skin whose tall female twin has black hair and blue eyes and fair skin. Twins with these differences have been born to both Caucasian as well as African, Indian as well as other ethnicities and from what I have read a consideration of the astrological ascendants in question can supposedly explain the matter. IMO this would be a good test for astrologers because twin births are often precisely timed.

I suspect we shall soon be debating how to explain the physical differences between triplets, quads, quins and so on :smile:

tsmall

Premium Member
Apparently astrology can delineate skin colour as well... the idea is that a person has either light, medium or dark skin tone. So for Caucasian people, some do have very pale or lighter skin tone than other Caucasians from the same family while, others have a medium skin tone and others would be considered dark for a Caucasian of their particular family group.

Similarly, within the context of African skin tone in general, some skin tones are very dark, some medium and others light in comparison.

The idea is easily applied for Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, mixed races and any category of race or non race.

What I find particularly interesting are twins. e.g. twins with very different appearances e.g. An average height blue eyed blonde haired male twin with dark skin whose tall female twin has black hair and blue eyes and fair skin. Twins with these differences have been born to both Caucasian as well as African, Indian as well as other ethnicities and from what I have read a consideration of the astrological ascendants in question can supposedly explain the matter. IMO this would be a good test for astrologers because twin births are often precisely timed.

I suspect we shall soon be debating how to explain the physical differences between triplets, quads, quins and so on :smile:

Yes, skin tone (as opposed to base color) is the bread and butter of make up artists and personal shoppers. Debating differences in appearance between fraternal twins and explaining it by different rising signs is all well and good, but what about identical twins with different rising signs? And still how to explain the exact same eye color in four different individuals with similar genetics yet different Sun and rising signs?

Last edited:

serafin5

I think what you may have intended to say to Rebel Uranian is that a person's eye colour is not always solely determined by the sign the sun occupies in their natal chart and I would agree with that. Other factors are involved such as for example the Ascendant Sign, the Ascendant Decan, the Ascendant Degree and their rulers and whether or not they are in any aspect to the ascendant and/or each other.
Also the sign the rulers occupy and so on.

That is soooo cool I really love that and yes you are right that is exactly what I did mean to say. I also wanted to slip that little barb in there too but oh well I have my off days too. But listen I've got a question for you ok? At astro.com I looked at 3 different charts that are 'sidereal' but I'm not sure which one is the proper 'Sidereal' one. I've got the Fagan/Bradley Sidereal Geocentric, the Fagan/Bradley Sidereal - Heliocentric, and the Hindu/Lahiri Geocentric/Sidereal, and last but not least the Draconic (that's 4 ooops). I'm assuming it would be the Fagan/Bradley Sidereal Geocentric, right? Anyway, I've got to really look at this thing because it's a trip; soooooo different, it's hard to wrap my head around this info but be that as it may whether I go with it or not both charts are still inherently a part of me. Right?

Thanks again, JupAsc., I always love your posts and you always crack me up too. Do you have your chart posted somewhere?

Blessings to you, have a great night!
Serafin5

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

That is soooo cool I really love that and yes you are right that is exactly what I did mean to say. I also wanted to slip that little barb in there too but oh well I have my off days too. But listen I've got a question for you ok? At astro.com I looked at 3 different charts that are 'sidereal' but I'm not sure which one is the proper 'Sidereal' one. I've got the Fagan/Bradley Sidereal Geocentric, the Fagan/Bradley Sidereal - Heliocentric, and the Hindu/Lahiri Geocentric/Sidereal, and last but not least the Draconic. I'm assuming it would be the Fagan/Bradley Sidereal Geocentric, right? Anyway, I've got to really look at this thing because it's a trip; soooooo different, it's hard to wrap my head around this info but be that as it may whether I go with it or not both charts are still inherently a part of me. Right?

Thanks again, JupAsc., I always love your posts and you always crack me up too. Do you have you chart posted somewhere?

Blessings to you, have a great night!
Serafin5
Thank you Serafin5! I am no expert, however IMO experiment with both the Fagan/Bradley Geocentric as well asthe Hindu/Lahiri Geocentric Sidereal and have some fun! As for my chart I have not as yet decided whether or not I have a correct TOB and for me that means - without an accurate TOB the exact ascending degree cannot be definitely decided - then delineation although interesting, is not necessarily applicable to 'me' so thus far I have no definite chart. In the meantime I continue to explore ways of narrowing the probable time... it is a work in progress:smile:

JUPITERASC

Yes, skine tone (as opposed to base color) is the bread and butter of make up artists and personal shoppers. Debating differences in appearance between fraternal twins and explaining it by different rising signs is all well and good, but what about identical twins with different rising signs? And still how to explain the exact same eye color in four different individuals with similar genetics yet different Sun and rising signs?
I'm no expert tsmall, but IMO even identical twins are not totally identical - the differences are increasingly obvious as time passes. Usually one twin is slightly more gregarious than the other, or the twins have different hobbies and interests: one twin may excel at sport, the other at music: one twin may excel at mathematics, the other at marital arts and so on. the theory being that these differences may be explained by the rising/Ascendant sign/degree/aspects and so on

I've read some intriguing stories though of twins who were separated at birth (they were both adopted) who found each other only to discover they had married brides/groom on the same day, date and year who shared the same christian names and had named their pets with the same name - very interesting. :smile:

As for explaining the exact same eye color in four different individuals with similar genetics yet different Sun and rising signs - then find the common denominator. Remember there are only four basic different eye colors: i.e. brown, blue, green and grey (with varying shades from light to very dark of each).

Remember that each of the seven classical planets is individually associated with certain specific colours. (Rulers of rising Degree, Rulers of Rising Decans, Rulers of Rising Monomoiria, Aspects from and to and so on)

Rebel Uranian

@serafin5 - Those are ayanasymas. dr. farr said he used Hipparchus and then said he used something else. The signs on my chart don't change regardless of ayanasyma, but the degrees change a lot, which influences a lot of things.

dr. farr

RU: I never said I used Hipparchus-I merely described it and then gave examples of its use; I had experimented with Lahiri and Fagan=Bradley, but the results were usually disappointing; my experiments with the Alcyone/Krittika (which is very close to the Hipparchus) have produced more encouraging results; however, you should also know that I am a tropicalist in practice, and my experiments with the sidereal matrix (ie the sidereal zodiacal constellations) are just that (so far), ie, experiments!

tsmall

Premium Member
RU: I never said I used Hipparchus-I merely described it and then gave examples of its use; I had experimented with Lahiri and Fagan=Bradley, but the results were usually disappointing; my experiments with the Alcyone/Krittika (which is very close to the Hipparchus) have produced more encouraging results; however, you should also know that I am a tropicalist in practice, and my experiments with the sidereal matrix (ie the sidereal zodiacal constellations) are just that (so far), ie, experiments!

dr. farr, I am very interested in your experiments, because this topic (sidereal vs. tropical, which ayanamasa to use) comes up often. I have even brought it up myself. Do you possibly have a chart comparison to share that will show what you mean by disappointing results?