The Astrological Ages explained using the "Gaia's Trident" method

dr. farr

Some give the start of the Kali Yuga at 3104 BCE, and connect it with the Mahabharata war (the start of which has been dated by some historian/astronomers, to 3067 BCE)
In my little research-study (about time periods connected with individual stars as they enter 0 Aries-longitude-in succession), the great Aldebaran was approximately @ that point (Aldebaran is a key star of the tauri constellation)...

david starling

The general premise of this Thread regarding the Astrological Age Trident is twofold: (1) An Astrological Age is the result of a simultaneous three-phase effect on our psyches which STRONGLY influences our shared World-view Individually (1st-point), Socially (2nd-point), and Traditionally (3rd-point). And, (2) An Astrological Age is the aggregate effect of the Age influence as it's indicated by the Trident IN EACH CHART.
The special case is just HOW the Trident is located, and there are several versions available. Calling it "Gaia's" Trident implies Terrestrial-influence that requires a Terrestrial placement, such as on the Equinoctial Line, which is the intersection of Earth's orbital and equatorial planes, at either or both ends. The original version of the Astrological Ages, from which the expression "Age of Aquarius" originated, used both ends of the Equinoctial Line in the context of a Sidereal Zodiac, and was primarily about a Sidereal Age of Pisces/Virgo giving way to an Age of Aquarius/Leo. Applying the Trident-method, the 1st-point in this case is at one end or the other of the Line itself, which then "pulls" the Trident in and out of convergence with each 30 degree Sign (since the Trident's outer prongs are 30 degrees apart). Just WHEN the Trident placed at the Vernal end (the VEP) will align with Sidereal Pisces depends on the specific location of the Sign-boundaries, which vary from one Siderealist to another; and, on the rate of movement, which is fairly constant in the short-term, regarding one Age of about 2150 years at the current rate. So, by far the major disagreement is about where the Sidereal-signs are placed--one degree-difference in Sign-placement changes when the Age of Aquarius begins by about 72 YEARS!); and, many of the opinions as to when the Aquarian Age begins place them with a blatant disregard for the opinions of Sidereal-astrologers themselves, as to where the Sign-boundaries actually are. [IMO] If you want a valid opinion on the timing of the Sidereal Aquarian Age, respect the Sidereal Zodiac!

Last edited:

Cap

Some give the start of the Kali Yuga at 3104 BCE, and connect it with the Mahabharata war (the start of which has been dated by some historian/astronomers, to 3067 BCE)
In my little research-study (about time periods connected with individual stars as they enter 0 Aries-longitude-in succession), the great Aldebaran was approximately @ that point (Aldebaran is a key star of the tauri constellation)...

That is correct. Mahabharata also speaks about Saturn/Mars opposition taking place on Aldebaran/Antares preceding the Kurukshetra battle that took place later that year.

This is tropical chart for July 20th 3067 BC Julian calendar - exact time of Saturn/Mars opposition, place Kurukshetra. According to my software Aldebaran was @ 29 PIS 42 and Antares was @ 29 VIR 47 at the time. The chart is really fascinating!

kurukshetra_ws.jpg

Last edited:

david starling

That is correct. Mahabharata also speaks about Saturn/Mars opposition taking place on Aldebaran/Antares preceding the Kurukshetra battle that took place later that year.

This is tropical chart for July 20th 3067 BC Julian calendar - exact time of Saturn/Mars opposition, place Kurukshetra. According to my software Aldebaran was @ 29 PIS 42 and Antares was @ 29 VIR 47 at the time. The chart is really fascinating!

kurukshetra_ws.jpg

It's also during the 1st degree of the 1st-point Age of Tropical Scorpio, with Gaia's Trident (in Direct-motion) nearly coincidental with Tropical Libra (Mean calculation). So, the last of the Summer-season Traditional Ages is over, and the FALL has officially begun. Synchronicity at work!

Last edited:

david starling

The timing was fortunate. The Fall Signs are tough and resilient, as is Capricorn. So, Earth's Tropical Age influence gave us what we needed to survive the darkness of the Kali Yuga.

JUPITERASC

So, the "Fall Season of Ages" first-point Age of Tropical Libra, held back by third-point "Summer Tradition" until the end (3500 to 3100 B.C. Mean Trident position), produced the Uruk culture of the Tigris Euphrates Valley--writing, city-states and sophisticated monuments, metallurgy, wheeled vehicles and plows pulled by animals, astrology and mathematics--innovations for the new seasonal quadrant. Most important deity, "Inanna",linked to the planet and archetype now known as Venus, who became "Ishtar" for the second-point Libran Age culture, Sumeria, which immediately followed after the first-point Age of Libra ended. Very beginning of the first-point Age of Scorpio, in comes the 1st Dynasty of Ancient Egypt (the symbol for the Sign correlates to the Scorpions swarming the banks of the Nile in mid-Autumn), and, Osirus, god of the Underworld, now known as Pluto, most important deity for the first Decant of the Age (3100 to 2500 B.C.). The first Decant is the most effective for a Tropical Fixed-sign Age, and the Pyramids of Giza were completed, after which Egypt "lived in the shadow of the Great Pyramid. Again, the innovations of the Tropical Cardinal-sign Ages are pushed to the end by previous quadrant Tradition; but with Tradition in disarray as the third Trident-point moves into the new quadrant, the sheer intensity of the shared individualistic impulses of the Fixed-sign Age cause it to manifest immediately.
This leaves the middle Decant for a Tropical Mutable-Age, like the Age of Sagittarius (1st-point Mean Trident position, about 800 to 200 B.C.)--"The Glory that was Greece", the Age of Apollo and the Nine Muses, ruled by Zeus, now known as Jupiter, and the "Age of Philosophers". The Romans take over for the last Decant, and then it all came crashing down when the Trident reached the "Winter quadrant" around 400 A.D. The "Dark Ages" were a 3rd-point Traditional and 2nd-point Societal reaction (both in Sagittarius) AGAINST the 1st-point entrance into the first Sign of the "Winter quadrant", Tropical Capricorn.
When Greeks/Romans studied and then invaded Turk controlled "Egypt"
in the 18th-century
it was explicitly to steal the ancient sciences
reported in Kemet by the Greeks :smile:
The Greeks/Romans took what they needed to study
locked it away
thus quickly igniting
their mythical
"industrial and scientific revolution"

2dqld88.jpg

AJ Astrology

The Ages, once a controversial subject, are now either ignored, or taken for granted by most Astrologers.

Hi david starling,

They should be ignored, since they're of no relevance. The ancients placed no significance on them, and they were of no value other than purposes of time-keeping.

The Yugas are very unequal in length, and I haven't found enough reference material to explain them relative to Precession of the Equinoxes (the movement of the VEP through the constellations).

That's because they're based on the Base 60 number system and not the zodiac.

432,000 is a sacred number in many cultures.

In Norse culture, 800 warriors in Valhalla will exit from 540 doors.

800 x 540 = 432,000

Genesis 6 says "120 years" but that is an incorrect translation. It actually says 120 shars, and one shar is 3,600 years, so

120 x 3,600 = 432,000

The Rigveda has 10,800 stanzas with 40 syllables per stanza or

10,800 x 40 = 432,000

The day of the Lord Brahma is 12 Million devas, with a deva being 360 years or

12,000,000 x 360 = 4,320,000,000 years or about the time Earth formed.

The Hindu great yuga is divided into four groups:

1,728,000 years (432,000 x 4)
1,296,000 years (432,000 x 3)
864,000 years (432,000 x 2)
432,000 years (432,000 x 1)

We are in the last 432,000 year period. Unfortunately, the reference point is unknown, so we don't know when the count-down to The End begins.

Btw, without the advocacy of Karl Jung, it's possible the Ages wouldn't have become a mainstream Astrological concept at all!

That's true.

Right. I looked at a couple of videos, and it's about Kepler's three laws of planetary motion. In this case the "planet" is our visible Sun, orbiting our invisible Sun in an elliptical orbit.

That's not how it works.

Binary stars orbit a barycenter, an empty point in space.

The Sun isn't actually stationary, it orbits a barycenter, too. That barycenter is caused by the gravitational pull of the planets.

ssbarycenter.gsim shows it.

It is alleged the Sun has a dwarf twin, but there's no evidence to support that theory. The claim is based on mass extinctions occurring 26 Million years, but the fact is such extinctions don't occur every 26 Million years, they average 26 Million years, which is not the same thing and many of the extinctions have no relationship with celestial events.

david starling

The Earth's astrological Ages are of immense importance. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that....And, we can determine the astrological reference points, in order to place the Age indicators in both the tropical and sidereal Charts.
Btw, if you don't think "time-keeping" relates to astrological significance, try drawing a Chart without knowing anything about the time of birth. :biggrin:

Opal

Premium Member
I believe you started this thread David Starling? Would you prefer I post here as the subject is similar? I enjoyed the link.....thank you.....I will need to watch it again though......Fibanocci applies to everything.......kind of warm and fuzzy isn't it?:happy:

david starling

I believe you started this thread David Starling? Would you prefer I post here as the subject is similar? I enjoyed the link.....thank you.....I will need to watch it again though......Fibanocci applies to everything.......kind of warm and fuzzy isn't it?:happy:

Sure, any insights regarding the Ages belong on this thread. :biggrin:
The graphics are excellent. And, the voice isn't annoying.

david starling

David, readers of this thread would appreciate if you can give practical example of your method that includes astrological chart. So far, it was "dry" theory mostly. :smile:

Currently, the tropically-placed Age Trident is nearly in convergence with the tropical Sign Capricorn. So, that's where the action is. I'm watching the transiting interplay between Saturn and Pluto with great interest. Pluto will be a major factor during the Aquarian Age, while Saturn will be relegated to a background influence. I'm expecting some major mundane events when Saturn temporarily enters Aquarius about a year from now.
And, when Pluto ingresses Aquarius in 2024.

Opal

Premium Member
There is also the Maha Yug that is equal to the total of the combined other yugas

Maha Yug 4,320,000 years

Also breaks down to a 9

david starling

AJ, I knew about the Sun's barycenter, but here's a question you may be able to answer: Does the Sun's movement around its barycenter affect its its True astrological position back and forth? In other words, does the Sun display short periods of nutational Retrograde movement, which is being ignored in favor of its constantly Direct, Mean movement?

david starling

There is also the Maha Yug that is equal to the total of the combined other yugas

Maha Yug 4,320,000 years

Also breaks down to a 9

They play with the numbers though. They use mathematical models which can give varying results. That's why I find the Yugas unreliable. They're too much based on opinion. Also, they rely on prehistory, rather than the historical record. The Ages can be tracked reliably through the tangible history we know enough about, going back about 6000 years. Then, we can extrapolate from that as to their affect on the past and future, using astrological patterning.

Opal

Premium Member
The ancient calendar were generally round, I am sure our calendar doesn’t fit......but “theirs”did......so which calendar fits the numbers......the numbers were for us to use, presumably with a set system.....the Chinese, Vedic and Mayan ancient calendars resemble each other........

Anybody know how to read any of them?

Opal

Premium Member
But, it could be a different calendar altogether. The numbers run through ancient history for a reason. The numbers are in the bible. Since they have gifted us with these numbers we should if we are an advanced society be able to figure out how to use them.

david starling

But, it could be a different calendar altogether. The numbers run through ancient history for a reason. The numbers are in the bible. Since they have gifted us with these numbers we should if we are an advanced society be able to figure out how to use them.

It's like a secret code to us, but not to the ancients. We're technologically advanced, but that won't help with understanding their mindset.

david starling

another issue....determining the start date of anything.......

All movement is relative to what's been chosen as staying put. For example, siderealism holds the zodiac in place relative to the constellations, whereas tropicalism uses Earth's inclination for the same purpose. A Solar month starts when the Sun reaches a chosen Sign-boundary. But, it's a choice to use 12 equal Signs, so, everything is subjective.