Venus/saturn/uranus grand trine. ...but nothing.

Chrysalis

This recent grand trine we've had, well my sun is at 2 degrees virgo, so venus was conjunct my sun and uranus was trine..saturns at 4 degrees, so also a loose trine to my sun also.

I thought with my suns placement this transit would have triggerd something off...but nothing.

Any idea why ?

conspiracy theorist

Transits tend to be transient and relatively unremarkable if the events they relate to aren't backed up by other predictive techniques of more wider timeframes. The events are more significant when there is a confluence - the same event shows up in other ways.

A morbid example. I had a solar return that was strange when I saw it - it looked like the death of a female family member. I checked the lunar return and the same configuration was also prominent. Add to that Venus was also combust. The progression at the time had the Moon conjunct the MC and with Rahu and the Moon was afflicted - The prominence of a female family was also implicated and the markers were stressed.

A week and some days after my birthday when the moon triggered the prominent configuration seen in the SR and LR through transit, I got news that my maternal grandmother was diagnosed with Cancer.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Also, another thing to consider is that if a planet is a time-lord, the transits of said planet are going to more significant because of it's influence over the times. In both profections and my current SR, Venus is chronocrator and her transits through the signs and houses have brought about significant events.

Chrysalis

Transits tend to be transient and relatively unremarkable if the events they relate to aren't backed up by other predictive techniques of more wider timeframes. The events are more significant when there is a confluence - the same event shows up in other ways.
So i need to be also taking into account progressions/solar return/lunar return transits too, to coincide with regular transits ?
A morbid example. I had a solar return that was strange when I saw it - it looked like the death of a female family member. I checked the lunar return and the same configuration was also prominent. Add to that Venus was also combust. The progression at the time had the Moon conjunct the MC and with Rahu and the Moon was afflicted - The prominence of a female family was also implicated and the markers were stressed.

A week and some days after my birthday when the moon triggered the prominent configuration seen in the SR and LR through transit, I got news that my maternal grandmother was diagnosed with Cancer.

Sorry to hear that about your gran.

So regarding the solar return etc when you seen this, it was the Tr moon that triggered this event with your gran to happen. Without the Tr moon being the trigger of these SR/LR configurations, then they would have laid dormant maybe ?

How do i work out my time lord ?
Is this kind of the same as profection years ?

conspiracy theorist

So i need to be also taking into account progressions/solar return/lunar return transits too, to coincide with regular transits ?

Yes, that would give you more information on what is happening in your life than just merely looking at transits, which tend to be hit and miss without any grounding in your overall patterns.

So regarding the solar return etc when you seen this, it was the Tr moon that triggered this event with your gran to happen. Without the Tr moon being the trigger of these SR/LR configurations, then they would have laid dormant maybe ?

More like, the transiting Moon brought this development to my attention - it wasn't the cause. If you imagine astrology working like a celestial clock and not the originator of events then I think you're going to be on the right track.

How do i work out my time lord ?
Is this kind of the same as profection years ?

Time lords is as simple as the dominant planet in any timing technique. and you have a variety of timing techniques out there - solar returns, profections, fidaria, circumambulation, zodiacal releasing and so forth. The dominant planet in the case of profections would be the ruler of the sign of the year - so that if your in a 34th profection year and the sign operative is Sagittarius, then Jupiter will be the chronocrator/time-lord. With the SR it would be the ruler of the ascendant and the same with LRs. Different timing techniques have different criteria for the dominant planet.

Here is something on Circumambulations - https://www.demetra-george.com/HellenisticTimeLordProcedures.pdf

And on zodiacal releasing - http://www.projecthindsight.com/articles/Zodiacal Releasing - John Kerry.pdf

Osamenor

Staff member
This recent grand trine we've had, well my sun is at 2 degrees virgo, so venus was conjunct my sun and uranus was trine..saturns at 4 degrees, so also a loose trine to my sun also.

I thought with my suns placement this transit would have triggerd something off...but nothing.

Any idea why ?

Transiting trines are times when whatever the involved planets indicate are flowing smoothly, without any real effort on your part. They're not the times when the status quo changes noticeably, or when you want it to--unless there are hard transits at the same time, in which case there might be status quo changes related to the hard transits. We notice when things aren't going well, or when we badly want to change things. We don't notice so much what is going well and doesn't need any change.

Saturn and Uranus are going to be forming a grand trine with your sun for quite some time, because they're such slow moving planets. When they made their most recent hard aspects to your sun (square or opposition, which may not have come from both planets at the same time), you would've experienced a change in the status quo, or at least a very strong desire to change it. That was a corner to turn, very noticeable. When they trine your sun, whatever started under the last hard transit has gained momentum. You're not turning a corner now, you're on a straight road barreling downhill.

Venus moves too fast for its transits to have a very strong impact in and of themselves. The effect of Venus being in a grand trine on top of your sun would've been just a fleeting one, which would've magnified the Uranus/Saturn trines through a Venus lens. Maybe you had just a general sense of wellbeing at that time. Maybe you heard some beautiful music or had an appreciative moment with a loved one. Maybe you saw a particularly lovely sunset. Could be just about anything.

IleneK

Premium Member
Yes, Venus moves too fast, does not have that dramatic effect quite often, just like Moon's many diurnal contacts often have small effect.
The squares of Moon and Venus, I think, are felt most, followed by the opposition. The conjunction just kind of engulfs you, but there is often not much punch to it. Sextiles and trines may not be felt dramatically at all.
Also the speed of the planet in its orbit may affect it, so that if Venus is slowing approaching or leaving a station, its effects would be more dramatic than if it we removing more rapidly.

Lin

Uranus has a long way to go before it finishes trining your Sun. By that time you WILL have some major positive motion in your life.
LIN