Astrology Software

Summery Joy

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I'm looking for an astrology software to use on my PC that has all the cities of the world (like on astrodient) but also the option to enter the latitude and longitude without having to pick a location. Is anything like this available?

Also, I prefer downloadable sofware. I don't want to wait for shipment (I wonder what in my chart makes me so impatient :D). A pretty interface would be great too 8) .

I do not know what the rules are concerning publishing the names of software on the forum. If it is not ok to publish them here, please p.m. me.

Thanks.

sorehearted said:
Hello everyone,

I need some help. I'm looking for an astrology software to use on my PC that has all the cities of the world (like on astrodient) but also the option to enter the latitude and longitude without having to pick a location. Is anything like this available?

Also, I prefer downloadable sofware. I don't want to wait for shipment (I wonder what in my chart makes me so impatient :D). A pretty interface would be great too 8) .

I do not know what the rules are concerning publishing the names of software on the forum. If it is not ok to publish them here, please p.m. me.

Thanks.

Download the free version of Astrology for Windows at
http://www.halloran.com The unregistered 'free' version allows you to save and print only the first chart saved. But you can always delete the first chart and replace it with another. There are no interpretations just charts.

It also has a world map, point and click, to enter any location on the globe.

ZenMusic

i need software intended for a beginner that guides me through the process... I tried astrowin and had no clue what to do with it ....

and recommendations for a easier to use one, maybe with a tutorial and intrepreation and hopefully less than $100.00 ??

thanks

unukalhai

Astrolog32, an updated version of the classic Astrolog for 32-bit Windows.

It's free, accurate, and does so many things. The animation feature is priceless (especially for visualizing your upcoming transits!) and the readability of the charts it produces is superb, especially when working with aspects.

There are complete atlas files available for the software via the site, and the C+ source code is freely available in case you code C and desire to customize.

http://uk.geocities.com/astrolog32/

I also adore Solar Fire 6, but honestly seldom use it. It's also fairly expensive. 98% of the time I use Astrolog32. Solar Fire 6 does have a wonderful search function, which allows you to search over long periods of time and produce text listings of just about every astrological happening you could imagine. It is one of the few pieces of software which allows fully customizable midpoint searches, including transiting planets to midpoints, transiting midpoints to planets, transit-to-transit midpoints, and midpoint-to-midpoint searches. The main thing I use it for is the search feature. It also has an excellent electional search, where you can specify oodles of parameters and find a time exactly suitable to your electionary requirement.

http://www.esotech.com.au/

AquariusMoon

Hi, Sorehearted. You can enter the latitudes and longitudes on Kepler. You can also download it, any add-on programs, any updates.

AqMoon

Themis

i was wondering whether anybody could have a good link on free horary softwares---which could show essential dignities, almuten, etc...Solar Fire is great yet i found it too expensive for a starter in horary. thanks:)

starbuck

Just must say, what an awesome addition to the forum.
Txs to everyone for the great input which is most helpful.

Will add my bits & pieces soon...
starbuck

pwadm

Staff member
janus 4

Now is the time to download the 30 days free trial version of Janus 4, the new version of Janus, available now (since December). I totally loved Janus 3, I thought it's perfect, but Janus 4 gives even more.
www.astrology-house.com

Andonis

I totally agree with unukalhai on Astrolog32 which I use 99% of the time. What a great piece of free software. I have also Solar Fire but....hardly ever use it.
The reasons posted by unukalhai are the same with mine.

Sag Moon

I have used Astrolog for so long I feel stuck in wanting to use anything else as Ientered data for many people for yes. and it would be painstaking to transfer so much data.

I wish I could get the new version set up like the old version as for aspects and transfer all the old chart data into it.

I am really glad the author upgraded the Fixed stars and a few other things.

Great piece of shareware.A little complicated for the cmptr novice,but well worth trying.

cjc

I just discovered this thread... I received a free copy of WSExp in a package deal a while ago and had some problems with its calculations. (Not sure why, but it was my progressions... Born in Brisbane and the current location is near Princeton, NJ. The progressed chart was way off.)

I swear by WinStar Plus 2.05. It's expensive, but well worth it, and often on sale. The Matrix tech support have the patience of Job, expecially for unfortunate SOBs like me who have just gotten suckered into that gates garbage windoze vista on a new machine.

Good luck with it!

cjc

I just loaded it onto my new machine and pulled down the update from the Matrix website... Seems to work well. AND it has a LOT of features found in WinStar Plus. Go for it!

(I understand the new release has a LOT of added features to boot!)

Unfortunately, though,on the version I have, the help file is written as a windoze help file: something that windoze vista DOES NOT SUPPORT. MS comes right out and says they will not support versions of windoze help files that were not written for vista, meaning vista will not provide suport for any ms program (their own) that you had before getting stuck with vista. You gotta buy new software to give them more money. The message (cut and pasted):

Why can't I get Help from this program?

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which was used in previous versions of Windows and it is not supported in Windows Vista.
For more information, see Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) is no longer included with Windows on the Microsoft support website.

c

Last edited: