Should We Ban Driverless Cars and Trucks?

david starling

Not if that same technology is used to make HUMAN driving safe. One hacker could send driverless vehicles on a rampage, just for the nihilistic fun of it all. Or, turn them into attack weapons. Who goes to prison if a driverless vehicle kills someone?

AppLeo

Not if that same technology is used to make HUMAN driving safe. One hacker could send driverless vehicles on a rampage, just for the nihilistic fun of it all. Or, turn them into attack weapons. Who goes to prison if a driverless vehicle kills someone?

That is a major problem; I didn't think of that.

Maybe driverless cars suk. Also, I really enjoy driving. Controlling the car myself is satisfying.

petosiris

Banned

The corporation that produces the car that is responsible for its bad security against hacking, as well as the hacker of course.

david starling

The corporation that produces the car that is responsible for its bad security against hacking, as well as the hacker of course.

A really skilled hacker won't get caught. You can't lock up a corporation. It's just a REALLY bad idea. The same technology SHOULD be used to make HUMAN driving safe. It's already capable of doing that, but it would need government funding to make it affordable on a large scale. The money spent on killing people in wars could be spent on saving lives.