Does anyone find Libras attractive?

david starling

That right there is gold. :lol:

Don't forget that the sun is in its fall in libra. Ironically, it doesn't cope with social stress all that well.

Being told you're a stupid person merits this reply: "Takes one to know one!" :lol: Or, "I know you are, but what am I?!" :smile:

SunRising

I find libras to be nice, not very decisive but nice nonetheless. I prefer them as coworkers. I personally would not date them but that is because of what is going on in my chart. You can't just base it on the sun sign. You must look at the whole picture. There is someone for everyone.

craft94

I find libras to be nice, not very decisive but nice nonetheless. I prefer them as coworkers. I personally would not date them but that is because of what is going on in my chart. You can't just base it on the sun sign. You must look at the whole picture. There is someone for everyone.

You don't have to make disclaimers. I'm not offended. What's your chart like?

Personally, I think decisiveness is an overrated trait.

I prefer openness to change.

Well, except with relationships, in that case, I like loyalty. I love with my heart, not my mind.

Edit: Although I must say, Geminis are even more indecisive than Libras in my experience. Libra isn't "indecisive" so much as they take a lot of time making a decision because they want to make sure it's the right one. Gemini changes their mind a thousand times a day and never makes a decision. I still like them though. Liking them is the problem...LOL

But yeah, I actually like that about Libras personally. I like that we put a lot of thought into things. Too many people don't think. They just assume.

Last edited:

SunRising

You don't have to make disclaimers. I'm not offended. What's your chart like?

Personally, I think decisiveness is an overrated trait.

I prefer openness to change.

Well, except with relationships, in that case, I like loyalty. I love with my heart, not my mind.

Edit: Although I must say, Geminis are even more indecisive than Libras in my experience. Libra isn't "indecisive" so much as they take a lot of time making a decision because they want to make sure it's the right one. Gemini changes their mind a thousand times a day and never makes a decision. I still like them though. Liking them is the problem...LOL

But yeah, I actually like that about Libras personally. I like that we put a lot of thought into things. Too many people don't think. They just assume.

You assumed I made a disclaimer. .Where is this disclaimer you speak of? Lol.

Yes, I agree both libra and geminis can be quite indecisive. Although I find both signs to be nice, indecisiveness is not a trait I find desirable. The inability to make decisions doesn't fair well in the business world. But I guess that is why gems and libs get a long great together the share the same duplicitous and indecisive nature.

craft94

The inability to make decisions doesn't fair well in the business world.

Yes, our business-driven culture places a high value on people who are "strong and decisive" but I feel like making smart decisions is better than making fast decisions

sylph

Yes, our business-driven culture places a high value on people who are "strong and decisive" but I feel like making smart decisions is better than making fast decisions

See, this is where I get completely lost when speaking of Libras, because all of those I've been close to have been somewhat "indecisive" -- yet when they would make a decision, it often would be the wrong one. Not just from my perspective, but typically objectively. Like, decisions that would have disastrous consequences.

Maybe this comes from not trusting their intuition? I rely heavily on intuition, and I think this is quite common for Virgos despite being labelled as wholly analytical/logical. If I don't trust or go with my intuition, then I experience the disastrous consequences that I've seen with Libras.

Do you think that a conflict between heart/feelings (Venus) and logic (Air) is part of the reason why Libra's intuition can get blocked?

craft94

See, this is where I get completely lost when speaking of Libras, because all of those I've been close to have been somewhat "indecisive" -- yet when they would make a decision, it often would be the wrong one. Not just from my perspective, but typically objectively. Like, decisions that would have disastrous consequences.

Maybe this comes from not trusting their intuition? I rely heavily on intuition, and I think this is quite common for Virgos despite being labelled as wholly analytical/logical. If I don't trust or go with my intuition, then I experience the disastrous consequences that I've seen with Libras.

Do you think that a conflict between heart/feelings (Venus) and logic (Air) is part of the reason why Libra's intuition can get blocked?

If you've seen Libras make horrible decisions then yes that is probably why. Sometimes, Libras can get so afraid of making the wrong decision that they overthink it, lose touch with their intuition, and end up making the wrong decisions as a result.

SunRising

I agree smart decision are very important in this business-world. Which is the reason why I feel Libra's indecision to be considered a weak trait. Libra is the sign that is at their best when in a partnership so maybe decisiveness is something they don't need. They can just have their partners make all the decisions.

craft94

I agree smart decision are very important in this business-world. Which is the reason why I feel Libra's indecision to be considered a weak trait. Libra is the sign that is at their best when in a partnership so maybe decisiveness is something they don't need. They can just have their partners make all the decisions.

???? Gross. Like literally I wanna vomit after reading this.

Aries is all about action, quick decision-making. This is what people usually mean when they use the word "decisive", someone who will take charge of a situation immediately, without worrying over the consequences.

Libra is the sign of the judge.

Libra likes to think things over before taking action. This is what gives them their reputation for "indecisiveness."

This is a strong trait for a judge to have. Acting on gut-level reactions is not. However, this is not a good trait to have while at war where you have to make life or death decisions in the spur of the moment. This is why Libra is Mars' detriment.

Libra does not want anyone making decisions for them. We don't trust anyone to make decisions for us. Ew.

The idea of it literally disgusts me.

If you think that's what Libras want, or if you think Libras are stupid and thoughtless, you totally misunderstand Libras

Last edited:

sylph

If you've seen Libras make horrible decisions then yes that is probably why. Sometimes, Libras can get so afraid of making the wrong decision that they overthink it, lose touch with their intuition, and end up making the wrong decisions as a result.

Makes sense. I think, despite the fact that I am "in my head," ungrounded and feel disconnected from all things normally considered earthy, relying on my intuition comes easily because of Earth. While it doesn't seem to be commonly talked about, I feel that Earth can represent knowing -- like deep, visceral knowing. The right decision just resonates within your gut, within your body. Sometimes Mercury leads to overanalysis, but the inner wisdom usually prevails (at least for me). And, of course, Mercury is exalted in my chart so that probably helps.

Thank you for clarifying about Libras, I never fully understood how they could get cut off from their intuition (because really, it's not like they have terrible intuition)! I find that I'm always nudging them to trust their intuition more, but now I see that my approach is wrong. I never say, "stop overthinking," because I always believed that overthinking was more of a Virgo specialty lol and didn't realize this was what Libras were doing as well. Instead I say, "go with your intuition," and I think that's not what they need to hear. If it were so simple, they would already be doing it. They really need to be reminded that they are overthinking, and acknowledge that this ends up weakening all of their faculties -- not just intuitive faculties, but rational and emotional as well (this goes for anyone who overthinks, not just Libras). I know this firsthand; it's really important to work toward listening to the inner self, which is completely different from both the mind and emotions.

craft94

Makes sense. I think, despite the fact that I am "in my head," ungrounded and feel disconnected from all things normally considered earthy, relying on my intuition comes easily because of Earth. While it doesn't seem to be commonly talked about, I feel that Earth can represent knowing -- like deep, visceral knowing. The right decision just resonates within your gut, within your body. Sometimes Mercury leads to overanalysis, but the inner wisdom usually prevails (at least for me). And, of course, Mercury is exalted in my chart so that probably helps.

Thank you for clarifying about Libras, I never fully understood how they could get cut off from their intuition (because really, it's not like they have terrible intuition)! I find that I'm always nudging them to trust their intuition more, but now I see that my approach is wrong. I never say, "stop overthinking," because I always believed that overthinking was more of a Virgo specialty lol and didn't realize this was what Libras were doing as well. Instead I say, "go with your intuition," and I think that's not what they need to hear. If it were so simple, they would already be doing it. They really need to be reminded that they are overthinking, and acknowledge that this ends up weakening all of their faculties -- not just intuitive faculties, but rational and emotional as well (this goes for anyone who overthinks, not just Libras). I know this firsthand; it's really important to work toward listening to the inner self, which is completely different from both the mind and emotions.

What are your house placements?

SunRising

???? Gross. Like literally I wanna vomit after reading this.

Aries is all about action, quick decision-making. This is what people usually mean when they use the word "decisive", someone who will take charge of a situation immediately, without worrying over the consequences.

Libra is the sign of the judge.

Libra likes to think things over before taking action. This is what gives them their reputation for "indecisiveness."

This is a strong trait for a judge to have. Acting on gut-level reactions is not. However, this is not a good trait to have while at work and you have to make life or death decisions in the spur of the moment.

Libra does not want anyone making decisions for them.

The idea of it literally disgusts me.

If you think that's what Libras want, or if you think Libras are stupid and thoughtless, you totally misunderstand Libras

No, when YOU think of the word "decisive" you interpret as making a quick decision. Everybody else considers "decision" to mean :to decide upon a matter, which is Libra's weak point. Libra is all about keeping the status quo, not rocking the boat, their favorite throne is to sit on the fence. It may be a hard pill to swallow (which is why you may feel the urge to vomit) but it is not a secret that Libra's are indecisive. When Libra's do make decisions, from personal experience, it always seems to be the wrong one. Libras represent the scales of Justice, they prefer to have the scales be balanced rather than making a decision and have it be skewed. As for your last statement about me thinking Libra's to be stupid or thoughtless, I cant see how you came to that conclusion by me saying they are indecisive or perhaps they prefer another person to make the decision. Could this thought have come from how you are feeling about yourself?

sylph

My intuition was correct!
I was thinking you were a 12th house Sun.

haha ughhh is it that easy to tell? It's not been the easiest lifetime, and though I know there are other things one could 'blame' in the chart, I'm always wishing that I didn't have a 12th house stellium. And it doesn't help that certain astrologers have tried to insinuate that I don't suffer as much as people with their planets further away from the ASC in the 12th. Not that I want to win a prize for suffering, but it's like, you don't know ****! I WISH I could be pulled out of the 12th for just a second!

I think, in my opinion and personal experience with Libras that their indecisiveness comes from what they actually symbolize, a scale; they're an air sign= communicators, thinkers, logical minds so while they're the judges of the zodiac (along with some other signs) they're also diplomats and people pleasers, they want an harmonious and rewarding life after all; so I think that, in order to do this in this way they need to put on the plates, on each side of the scale everything they need to consider, in order to make THE best decision. So I think it could also be reasonable for them to "make a mistake", because absolute truth , perfect choices simply don't exist, and maybe because they get anxiety and so on from doing that, as they don't like to be constantly in the spotlight (mars fall); while I think that virgos, for example, are that kind of judges (as you were saying, more in an analytical, meticulous way) they are more, not blunt, like they always care in what they believe, and most of the time they have reasonable motives to do that, not that they're better in this way but they're simply less people pleasers and more of "I speak for myself" kind of ppl. For those reasons I think that Libras are the less cardinal sign in this way, their still cardinal (active, ambitious people) but they could have troubles with being initiatiors and decision makers, I'm afraid.

All of that said, don't get me wrong, I think Libras are one of the best signs to discuss about things, they're very open minded and they can beautifully come in terms with different topics; it's just that , as I said, they're too much people pleasers and mars doesn't help them.

craft94

No, when YOU think of the word "decisive" you interpret as making a quick decision. Everybody else considers "decision" to mean :to decide upon a matter, which is Libra's weak point. Libra is all about keeping the status quo, not rocking the boat, their favorite throne is to sit on the fence. It may be a hard pill to swallow (which is why you may feel the urge to vomit) but it is not a secret that Libra's are indecisive. When Libra's do make decisions, from personal experience, it always seems to be the wrong one. Libras represent the scales of Justice, they prefer to have the scales be balanced rather than making a decision and have it be skewed. As for your last statement about me thinking Libra's to be stupid or thoughtless, I cant see how you came to that conclusion by me saying they are indecisive or perhaps they prefer another person to make the decision. Could this thought have come from how you are feeling about yourself?

First of all, Google the definition for "decisive."

Second of all, I am a Libra. I think I have a better idea of what Libras are about than you do. It seems to me as if you're simply repeating what you've read.

Third of all, yes, letting someone else make decisions for you is the equivalent of not thinking for yourself which is the equivalent of stupidity. I don't trust anyone to make decisions for me. Most people don't share Libra's strengths of reflection and objectivity. Most people operate on gut-level reactions. Do Libras make bad decisions? Yes we do, everyone does and this is WHY. Listening to other people, rather than trusting ourselves, is exactly what causes problems for us. I'm speaking from experience when I say this. I can think of specific incidents where this has happened: other people, more confident in their decisions than Libra, tell me what I should do, causing me doubt my own decision-making process, I listen to what they say and in the end, it turns out my initial impressions were right (probably because I've considered every angle). This has happened time and time again

Last edited: