Is This an Example of a Horary Chart?

Saggie87RN

I wanted to know if I would be accepted to an university. I created a chart based on the time the application was submitted.

JUPITERASC

What is the difference and how do I create a horary chart?
Thank you for your reply.
the following guidance by BobZemco is invaluable :smile:
if you read bobZemcos comment thoroughly
you shall understand easily
why the chart you posted IS NOT an horary chart
The theory behind Horary is very simple:

1) there is a Question that weighs very heavily on your mind.

2) when you have a clear understanding of what it is that you really want to know,
you cast a chart
or
an astrologer casts one for you

3) That freezes the Planets as they transit the heavens at that moment
(hence: Horary) :smile:

4) the Rising Sign and Planet that rules the Rising Sign represents you

5) the House, or often more correctly, the Sign that represents the Matter you're asking about and the Planet that rules that Sign represents the Matter. The Matter can be a person or a thing or an idea (like a rumor or a dream).

6) the relationship between those two rulers tells you what has happened, and what is yet to come. That relationship is in the form of aspects. If there are no aspects, then there is nothing to come.

7) the Moon plays a special dual-role signifying the State of Mind of the Querent and also how things play out, how they happen, and when they happen. When there are no aspects formed by the Moon (ie it is Void of Course) then nothing will happen. Note that there are a handful of certain special select Horary Questions where a Void of Course Moon is not relevant. Those are often war, conflict or legal questions, or Questions related to Career.

8) in addition to forming aspects, those Planets must also have Perfect Reception, as opposed to simple Reception. Reception is about "allowing." For example if Mars is applying in aspect to Jupiter, and Jupiter receives Mars then Jupiter is allowing Mars to act. Jupiter is effectively saying, "Go ahead and do that thing that you do." If Jupiter does not receive Mars, then Jupiter is effectively saying, "Go away and leave me alone. Go. Get out of here." If it is a Sign of Enmity, like Mars in Capricorn (the Fall of Jupiter) then Jupiter is effectively saying, "Cease and Desist. I will stop you from doing anything. If necessary, I may even get violent to stop you." And that just might be the case if Jupiter were also in a Violent Sign, otherwise Jupiter would just keep slamming doors in your face.

9) How things actually play out depends a lot on the "strength" of the Planets involved. The strength of the Planets indicates their ability to do act and do things and carry out plans and make things happen. A Planet that is not just in its own Sign, but also in its Triplicity or Term, and is Direct in Motion, Fast in Speed, Angular or Succedent, in Hayz, in a trine aspect with Venus/Jupiter/Sun is very powerful. That's a person with a purpose in life who has both the will and ability to act and make things happen.

A Planet that is Slow in Speed, Retrograde, in Fall/Detriment, Cadent, and not in Sect or worse is Out-of Sect isn't going to be able to do anything, even when there is Perfect Reception in the chart, this person is going to botch every thing up and turn a dream about ponies and gum-drops into a nightmare, because they don't have the strength or will to make things happen.

10) when charts have early/late Ascendants, Void of Course Moons, Moon via Combusta, Saturn in the 1st or 7th House (when not a significator) you can look at the chart for reasons why you are getting those warnings.

Often a non-significator Planet is making an aspect to one of the primary significators. Sextiles and trines usually indicate on-going events which first must be completed before anything can happen. Conjunctions, squares and opposition usually indicate obstacles that are preventing things from happening, and with the "hard" aspects sometimes things can still happen if those obstacles can be overcome.

The condition and placement of the Moon/Ascendant Ruler will tell you the State of Mind and what kind of person the Querent is; good-hearted, or ambivalent, or in sheer terror, in a total panic, has the "stink of desperation" or is immature and selfish, looking do to harm, or is someone you wouldn't let your dog go near. The Planet that is the Quesited/Matter will tell you about them, but not with the same clarity as the Querent. A poorly placed 10th House Ruler might be a job you really don't want, because it ain't all that or isn't what you think it is. A poorly placed 7th House Ruler is someone you might not really want to be with, or something you don't really want to buy and so on.

For a Planet (like the Ascendant Ruler) in Detriment, it is important that it make an aspect to the 1st House (ie it is not inconjunct in the 2nd, 6th, 8th or 12th Houses), and for other significators that it aspect the House it rules. A Planet that is inconjunct to the House it rules can't witness or give testimony to the affairs of that House. That means it cannot control those events, and being weak in Detriment has even less control and less ability to effect outcomes.

JUPITERASC

JUPITERASC,

When the planet is on a pilgrim's sign, whats meaning?
If mars (ascendant in case is scorpio) in pisces
but trine for ascendent?
Depends on the chart and no chart is posted
better to begin a thread of your own separately from this thread for this issue :smile:
or post link to the chart if chart already posted elsewhere on our forum

Saggie87RN

explain what you mean by a horsey chart

natal chart is completely different from an horary chart :smile:

I meant horary chart. I was reading that you could create a horary chart using the same technology that you would use to create a natal chart. Instead of using birth information you would enter the time, place, and date that the question was answered. I just wanted to know if it was possible. I have not been able to find free websites that would allow me to create a horary chart as a guest. If easier, I could list the question and information here and people could use and interpret it as they seem fit. On another note, Horary Astrology was not a branch of astrology that I knew existed before this website, and I thank everyone for their responses and patience as I attempt to learn and grow in this area.

JUPITERASC

I meant horary chart. I was reading that you could create a horary chart
using the same technology that you would use to create a natal chart.
Instead of using birth information you would enter the time, place, and date that the question was answered.
correct - that is exactly how an horary chart is created :smile:

JUPITERASC

I have not been able to find free websites
that would allow me to create a horary chart as a guest.
If easier, I could list the question and information here
and people could use and interpret it as they seem fit.

anyone may generate a free natal chart at kaktuzz website :smile:
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/birth-chart-horoscope-online

and then
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

Saggie87RN

Will I Get into School A or B? This is the original time that I asked the question. Is it too early to predict? I hope that this is correct. Thanks.

Last edited:

Saggie87RN

anyone may generate a free natal chart at kaktuzz website :smile:
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/birth-chart-horoscope-online

and then
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

Thank you.

JUPITERASC

Will I Get into School A or B?

This is the original time that I asked the question
. Is it too early to predict? I hope that this is correct.
Thanks.

For horary the question needs to be definite :smile:

so
will I get into school A
or
will I get into the school of my choice

is better than asking
will I get into school A or B

you get the idea

HOWEVER

some of our more expert Horary members
may have alternative opinions

Saggie87RN

For horary the question needs to be definite :smile:

so
will I get into school A
or
will I get into the school of my choice

is better than asking
will I get into school A or B

you get the idea

HOWEVER

some of our more expert Horary members
may have alternative opinions

Do you recommend that I create a new thread specific for this horary chart?

JUPITERASC

Do you recommend that I create a new thread

specific for this horary chart?
the original chart - the one you just posted
is an event chart so far as I am aware
so it doesn't belong on this board
however
I'm no expert
but it seems probable that
IF you have reworded/finetuned your question :smile:
then a new chart timed for the finetuned question
on a new thread makes sense
for that reason

Saggie87RN

the original chart - the one you just posted
is an event chart so far as I am aware
so it doesn't belong on this board
however
I'm no expert
but it seems probable that
IF you have reworded/finetuned your question :smile:
then a new chart timed for the finetuned question
on a new thread makes sense
for that reason

I’m just going to take the chart and question posted and start a new thread. It will allow expert Horary chart readers to dissect the chart and question. It will also chart a new chart with a different question if necessary. Thank you again.