Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

MantisReligiosa

Or maybe totally unsexy?

I am just asking this because I am a Virgo Rising and men are rarely attracted to me, even though I am not ugly. Well, I am a bit chubby, but so are lots of women, and I think most of them do get asked out.
Truth be told, I am not exactly flirtatious, nor am I particularly extroverted, but still, NEVER being approached by a guy must mean something, right?
The only few times a man was being remotely flirty with me was when I was the one to initiate a conversation...without intending to get flirty.

I have been told I look like an old maid before..or like a librarian/nerd. lol. I guess I am not particularly romantic or fun and flirty, but that's because I am not interested in such relationships.
I am quite emotional(3 planets in Pisces:Sun, Mercury, Venus), but not romantic in the candle-light dinner, cherry trees in blossom sort of way.

I also have Venus conjunct Sun, both opposite AC, and Saturn conjunct Neptune, making a 7 degree orb trine to my AC, and Pluto making a 4 d sextile to my AC.

I also know this other girl who is a Scorpio Sun, Leo Moon with Virgo AC who is 2 years older and has never had a bf, as well.
I also knew this guy in high school with Virgo Rising who didn't have a gf.

These were not ugly people, either.

I also think of Virgo Rising celebrities, like Keanu Reeves, Uma Thurman, Sharon Stone, Virginie Ledoyen, Kurt Cobain, Woody Allen..all of these people, EVEN Sharon "flash-crotch" Stone looks like a bit of a fussy bachelorette.

I read in this book by Liz Greene once that your AC shows the things you have to go through this time around, and she spoke of an Aquarius guy, with a Scorpio Rising, who kept attracting jealous possessive individuals, and "intense" people, generally, although he hated them, but his gf spoke of how he was repressing his jealous side so he kept attracting it from outside circumstances.
So, if I got this right, it would mean that Virgo ACs put off people and romance, in general, because they need to learn to be "pure" and chast:innocent:
To be perfectly honest, I would not like a hoard of admirers, because I would still have the same introverted, non-flirtatious personality, anyway, so it would be a waste...BUT I would like to have them just so that I can rub it in the faces of all those girls who constantly brag about how many admirerers they have.:tongue:

MantisReligiosa

PS. I forgot to mention I am 22 years old.

And also..Bruce Willis is, according to astrotheme.com, a Virgo rising, as well, and he is quite sexy, I'd say. Maybe he has that coming from other parts of his chart, though.

Anyway, I'd be glad to hear of any sexy Virgo Risings you might think of.

virgo18

Alizée, the french singer is Virgo Rising.

Most men describe her as the perfect woman.

Virgo is the most feminine sign, so this rising can be equal or even more esthetic than Libra rising or Sagittarius.

Dont forget that also the sign of the ruler of the ascendant and the house where it is placed will define the physical.

Last edited:

MantisReligiosa

according to astrotheme, Alizee has Venus conjunct her AC..all the women I know with Venus conjunct AC are men-magnets.

Even the men with Venus-AC conjunctions are generally seen as attractive, although, in a man's case, it gives a touch of femininity to the physical features-think Jude Law, or Paul Newman.

Anyway, there should be a separate place in the zodiac for those with a Venus-AC conjunction, because they are unfairly gorgeous. I know two women who have this, and they're the types that men can fall for at first sight, because they're so gorgeous.
Just think Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, or Lauren Bacall, who all have this aspect..Lauren Bacall is also a Virgo Rising, I think.

But it's funny to note that even among the Venus-AC types, Virgo Risings will come across as the fussiest..like Lauren Bacall, who had this aura of arrogance about her.
Angelina and Cameron are Cancer Risings.

virgo18

Sun-Venus aspects will not make you physical attractive... But it will increase your charm and will make an aura of love and attraction (but not physical).

What can increase your beauty is:
Venus-Ruler of the ascendant or Venus-Ascendant specially conjunctions and trines. Even bad aspects can help, but sometimes can cause overweight.

Saturn may not increase you beauty but bad aspects will decrease it.
ruler of the ascendant or ascendant-Saturn or Uranus (good aspects): Will increase your bonny structure and heigh, and slimness. (bad aspects) Will cause you problems in skin, nails, and hair or you can be over skinny.

Weight.
Jupiter good aspects- Can make you athletic, slim, energetic, pretty hair, and a healthiness image.
Bad aspects can cause overweight. the same as the Moon.

virgo18

REMEMBER THAT EACH PLANET HAS A GOOD SIDE AND A BAD SIDE.

So each sign has it beauty when it has a good aspect.

bad aspects will make the ugly side to appear.

Last edited:

SecretGarden

My friend is a Virgo rising (without Venus conjunct ascendant or any other planets in Virgo) and she is attractive, has a nice body, and men are attracted to her.

Any sign can be attractive :)
What does the rest of your chart look like?

Ixaee

Virgo risings (in my experience) have a very understated beauty about them. Most look healthy and simple. And plenty of men are attracted to that.

Do you get out much? I know its a bit invasive to ask, but if you only interact with a certain set of men (say a church group, co-workers, only online, etc) then that's narrowing down the types of men you'd be interacting with often.

The highest majority of women (and men) can find a suitable partner if they make themselves seen by different types of people!

Last edited:

BobZemco

To be perfectly honest, I would not like a hoard of admirers, because I would still have the same introverted, non-flirtatious personality, anyway, so it would be a waste...BUT I would like to have them just so that I can rub it in the faces of all those girls who constantly brag about how many admirerers they have.:tongue:

Grozav. Oare de ce barbati nu vor sa fie cu tine?

No. I am a virgo rising, and I've never (well....okay I DID go through an ugly duckling phase in my teens) wanted in the sex appeal department. I do think that a lot of virgo risings come across as self consious, so that's off-putting for many. It's not an innately sexy rising sign, but it IS innately charming, I would say. I would add that many virgo rising females have had to contend with many early blows to the self-esteem. We often undervalue ourselves, so even if we are sexy, we kind of destroy it in various ways (ill-fitting clothes, over-eating, chasing bad partners in a desperate sorta way). But, yeah, the charm is a sweet, somewhat innocent personality....most probably with a far more sexual nature than one would ever guess. And when we virgo risings choose to value ourselves and let our beauty shine, we really are bewitching :wink:

Saturnian

Hm...I don't have a virgo rising but I do have a capricorn,and I do think I have that librarian/nerd look as you describe it.Anyway,I don't attract many guys and for some weird reason never the ones I like...Of course I am not gonna be miserable about it...I mean I have had guys interested in me but not the ones I want.I also have Venus in the 1st and conjunct my Asc,so I don't know how that'll turn in the future.But then I have a bunch of other planets in the 1st too.
I think it's just that Virgo appears a bit as hard to approach person and like a good girl...I think it'll benefit you more when someone will be looking for something more serious to have with you.

I dunno if this helps,but a friend of mine who has a good amount of guys crushing on her is a Sagittarius sun,Cancer moon with Aquarius Rising.

MantisReligiosa

Hm...I don't have a virgo rising but I do have a capricorn,and I do think I have that librarian/nerd look as you describe it.Anyway,I don't attract many guys and for some weird reason never the ones I like...Of course I am not gonna be miserable about it...I mean I have had guys interested in me but not the ones I want.I also have Venus in the 1st and conjunct my Asc,so I don't know how that'll turn in the future.But then I have a bunch of other planets in the 1st too.
I think it's just that Virgo appears a bit as hard to approach person and like a good girl...I think it'll benefit you more when someone will be looking for something more serious to have with you.

I dunno if this helps,but a friend of mine who has a good amount of guys crushing on her is a Sagittarius sun,Cancer moon with Aquarius Rising.

Yes, it's true that Virgos are self-conscious, and serious..lols.

Having Cap on the 5th, and Satur in the 4th doesn't help, either...unless you like the cold and dry types of women..lol.

lilithofeden

I'm virgo rising and I know I like the simple look. I hardly ever wear makeup and I think I look weird if I put too much on (too much is concerler, light foundation mixed with lotion to keep skin hydrated, a bronzer to eliminate shiney-ness, lip gloss, mascara and eye liner, sometimes eyeshadow and blush.) I don't over do it and I like nuteral colours. I've always been told I look like a "sexy librarian/teacher" and I look older than I am and I've been called a "milf" as a freshman in highschool :s lmaoo! But I swear I don't look that old! :(

Anywayy.. I've never had a problem with my looks really... But I do have venus sextiling my moon and jupiter, and conjunct my IC, jupiter and moon are conjunct too in Libra and Venus in Sag. (Scorpio sun ;) )

Oh and my saturn in aquarious is trine my moon! No other aspects with any of those planets

Last edited:

waybread

Or maybe totally unsexy?

So, if I got this right, it would mean that Virgo ACs put off people and romance, in general, because they need to learn to be "pure" and chast:innocent:

Why are you friends with a bunch of utterly shallow girls?

Are you a university student? After a while, you should find a few brainiacs to hang out with.

I have Virgo rising. I got married at age 24, and have been married (2x) now for about 34 years, with two super adult children. These relationships are far more important to me than impressing a bunch of shallow women.

You mention having a bunch of planets in Pisces. Are they in the 7th house or in the 6th but conjunct the DC? This would raise some additional issues.

Do you want to post your chart?

And cheer up. After a while your ascendant will progress into Libra, if it hasn't done so already.

Last edited: