Unknown potentials

ceco

9th house and career

Hello,
I am 25 and I have not worked in my life yet. I am new to astrology and I see
the 9th house emphasis, but could not complete the picture. Is it the field of education, travel or religion?I would appreciate any comments on potential vocation.

ceco.gif

Last edited:
Re: 9th house and career

ceco said:
Hello,
I am 25 and I have not worked in my life yet. I am new to astrology and I see
the 9th house emphasis, but could not complete the picture. Is it the field of education, travel or religion?I would appreciate any comments on potential vocation.

View attachment 3766

Firstly you have uploaded your chart using placidus house system which is the default on astro.com I use Equal house system and am Modern astrologer.
So when looking for career or vocation, we look to MC/Virgo, 10th house cusp 22' Leo, any planets in 10th.

Then look at 2nd house cusp/planets 'how you earn your money' and 6th house, daily routines, type of work you do and co-workers, health etc.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/planetsaspectsastrology.html

Your chart really lacks the element of water, will PM cos cannot remember author....

http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc/

So your mars in leo is the only one in 9th house which is Cadent (hidden) is the only planet suggesting putting energy into higher education, travel, philosophy, law, religion etc.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/scorpio_ascendantrisingsign.html
Scorpio Asc
Sag ruling 2nd house cusp, ruler in 1st, very self centred, me first approach. But links to law, travel, 9th house matters.
Aries rules 6th with Mars placed in 9th suggests your day to day routines are liked at a fast pace, possbily where you want control, put your phsyical and mental energies...... into 6th & 9th house matters.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/samplecareersreport.html

Virgo MC with sun, venus conjunct. Virgo likes to work behind the scenes, be the power behind the throne, likes meticulous precise work. You find lots working with figures or accountancy.

Will PM more on MC

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Re: 9th house and career

What is your education to date? Are you a "perpetual student"? If so, with your sun and Venus in the 9th, you might think about a career higher education. The 9th also deals with theology, so if you are deeply religious the clergy could be an option. Your sun in the 9th conjunct the MC is a very powerful position, so what is stopping you?

Well, possibly it is your MC ruler Mercury in the 10th squared by Neptune. This can be a signature for having a lot of doubts. Do you lack self-confidence?

On the other hand, Virgo deals in health issues, and Neptune, with people who are misfortunate in some way, so you might think about a healthcare -related career. Venus rules your 6th house of work and service and she is also in Virgo.

You have a formation in your chart called a Thor's Hammer, pointing to your moon in Aries in the 5th house. This will be an energy that you should develop whether or not it is through your career. But the 5th house includes children, so you might consider working with children who have special needs (thus combining your Neptune/Mercury square) or who live overseas (thus focusing on your 9th house sun/Venus.)

The 5th also rules various leisure-time pursuits, so something in the tourism industry might combine several of your chart factors, also.

ceco

I have my Bachelor in History and Master in Political science. I don't know how to integrate The History degree into a practical career(besides Librarian and Teacher). With my Neptune in the 2nd I am not very interested in money, but know the importance of it. I would like to study more abroad. Doubt and lack of self - confidence are part of my indecisive behavior. I guess Uranus and Jupiter in 1st square Sun, Venus in 9th could bring some unusual aproach with my 9th house dealings?

ceco said:
I have my Bachelor in History and Master in Political science. I don't know how to integrate The History degree into a practical career(besides Librarian and Teacher). With my Neptune in the 2nd I am not very interested in money, but know the importance of it. I would like to study more abroad. Doubt and lack of self - confidence are part of my indecisive behavior. I guess Uranus and Jupiter in 1st square Sun, Venus in 9th could bring some unusual aproach with my 9th house dealings?

The aspects that you mention Sun square Uranus is impatient, plus wanting to do something unusual (Uranus) that involves your virgo sun qualities/traits, Jupiter square Sun = Extravagence basically. Venus in virgo can make you shy, having 3planets virgo I would expect a strong tendency to over anlayse things, which is great for background work, research, behind the scenes work. Scorpio and Cappi are in my mind at least the two least social signs, Scorpio cos its such a private person and Cappi cos it's a workaholic....

Venus in 10th house in virgo in house of Capricorn you should be doing something practical. Cannot see anything in your chart that screams indecisiveness, But lots planets in 'mutablel' signs will make you rather restless....

waybread

Ceco, you have the credentials now to teach at a 2-year college; and with teaching certification, in high school. If travel is important to you, you might investigate some of the reputable programs for qualified English-speakers to teach English overseas, notably in Japan. Any of these options would be consistent with your 9th house emphasis.

But at some point, you simply need to make up your mind....and pay the price.

RayAustin

Cadent does not equate to hidden, only the twelfth and six (and sometimes eighth) houses are "hidden", and this also depends in reference to which planet in reference to another. Inconjuncts between planets are 'hidden' relationships. Cadent mostly equates to weakness.

The ninth house though cadent is hardly a bad house, as the house of the sun god and the natural house of Jupiter, it is considered highly benefic. Mars as the ascendant ruler isn't placed too badly here, and you should have a natural interest in things abroad, foreign, religion or higher education, as well as the arts, astrology included.

The ascendant ruler Mars, and to a lesser extent Pluto are definitely indicators of your hidden potentials, Mars as the ruler of the fifth and in home of Mercury (term) your MC ruler, suggests lots of creative energy brought to ninth house related activities, as well as work and career; I think the influence of the ninth and tenth by primary significators the Sun and ascendant ruler are places where you can find great fulfillment and excercise potential, mostly in higher education.

Ray.