A look into the mind of a Cancer sun

Somna7H

Banned
Emotions has no Value in this Cruel and Filthy Society. I failed to get Success in this Material World cos I can't control my emotions rather be a rational person.

Sun 25°50' in Cancer 3rd House.

BlackLioness87

Disclaimer:
I do not promote or endorse the views or methods of this man; nor do I object to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7KQsS2kLM4

This is Joe Dispenza, a late degree Cancer.

I've been studying Cancer for some time and I find it fascinating to see how this man -who apparently has taken years to expound his experience in the world, as a way to become a lecturer in the subject study of emotion- allows us to understand the Cancer sign better, as difficult as it is. This may even shed a little light on Cancer, the disease.

Now I wouldn't recommend his lectures or methods to just anyone; however, I do appreciate his expression of own experience on a complex subject.

Now, my own views of Cancer:
-Water signs are proficient at brainwashing themselves (pardon my bluntness, as it is not the only way to word it)

-Water signs operate close to the fear factor, therefore are always preparing for the worst case scenario emotionally (distinct to Earth signs who do the same thing but materially). It is notable that dreams also work this way.

-Water signs look at what is not, rather than what is.

-Water signs have a vivid imagination, closer to the dreaming state.

Cancers are distinct from Scorpio and Pisces, but I felt compelled to write Water signs as these points apply to all of them.
Hi Alimal,
My closest female friends ever were all cancer Sun, born the same month and the same year. Other really close friends were two Scorpio girls and one Pisces girl. Well, about Cancer Sun females I agree with your first and third statements. I say female because IMO female Cancer is different than a male cancer, the same a male Leo is different than female Leo, specially in countries with strong male and female stereotypes.

I know pretty well some Cancer and Scorpio males and most of them have a vivid imagination but doesn't seem to have the other three features.

In any case, I would like to know if your view of Cancer Sun people may apply for other people with strong Cancer charts.

Best regards.

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
It's interesting how you juxtapose emotion and rationality just before you do with Cancer and the 3rd House - making a conceptual parallel.

Emotion definitely has value; but I understand you very much.

Emotion represents intention as an active element. It also represents intuition as a passive element. And it too represents transformation.

Sorry my words may be harsh cos I'm emotional.Now I can't see any use of emotions in real world and that's why I'm not happy with this feature within me. But I'm lucky to have Intuition Power.

NN 13° Conjunct Mercury 18° Conjunct Sun in Cancer. Also Jupiter in Scorpio but it's 6th H.

Lin

The Moon represents all habits, patterns, "self talk" - either positive or negative - (as these messages begin at birth) - so it's more the MOON rather than the sign of Cancer itself. Of course, the Moon is doubly powerful in the Cancer person because it's the ruler of Cancer. But....just because a person is a Cancerian doesn't mean they will be addicted to behaviors or substances.

A lot has to do with the other personal planets in the chart. For instance, a Cancer with let's say Venus and Mercury in Leo....and a fixed ASC would have a different pattern of dealing with difficulties from a Cancerian with personal planets in Virgo and Cancer....and the ASC would be a very big clue also. A Cancerian having an Aquarius ASC or a Sagi ASC can be thrown "off balance" emotionally if the ruler of the sign is debilitated.

The Moon needs to be studied in every chart to see about habits and addictions and emotions. The moon rules the WAY we feel - I call it the "feeling mechanism". The moon is a powerful energy and is often "under-interpreted" in the chart.

I'll say this: when the moon is debilitated in the chart of a Cancer it often is NOT pretty at all. And the Cancer person him/her self can seem very cold or hard or any one of many difficult traits. And if the Sun is opposed by a heavy planet it can also cause great emotional difficulty.

Cancer is the sign of emotional security. If the person who has a Cancerian chart has to deal with great insecurities either emotionally or financially, this person can really be vulnerable to emotional illnesses of many kinds.

These generalizations above are just suggestions, as the entire chart must be studied to know how MORE prone to habit and addiction the Cancer person is from people of other Sun signs.
LIN.

Last edited:

Lin

"The Moon does NOT represent habits and patterns. And it does not represent any intellectual function, such as talking."

This is the only "argument" you engage in that I will answer as I make it a point never to defend my experiences as a professional astrologer (for over 35 years.)

Most astrology teachers cite the moon as the repository of habits and patterns which come from the past...either long past as in behaviors passed down from mother (or family) to child, or from events and behaviors from the person's early life. I have found this true in my experience as an astrologer/teacher.

Habits include all sorts of dysfunctional habits including addictive behaviors. Of course in the case of serious addiction we usually find Neptune and possibly other outer planets affecting the personal planets, usually including the Moon.

The Moon, and the sign Cancer, is SO big that the information about them can (and does) fill books. My post was a very short overview.

And yes, effects of anything in a person's life and sign/aspect dynamics can "overlap" so that other combinations of planets theoretically can "cause" certain traits that are usually attributed the the Moon's influence.

LIN

Last edited:

Lin

Some of the books I have which taught me about the Moon are:

Astrology A Cosmic Science - Isabel Hickey

The Development of the Personality - Liz Greene, Howard Sasportas

The Moon in your Life, Donna Cunningham

Psychological Astrology, Karen Hamaker Zondag.

There are MANY more books I've read which cover the moon's influence in detail.

My suggestion is that you read some of these classics and you will learn a lot.

The reading of this material is just the beginning. In my studies I've learned these things about the moon and found the materials accurate. In my practice I've used these principles and have been accurate most of the time. In my teaching I've taught what I've learned and most people are open minded enough to study about this more deeply and have come to similar conclusions when THEY do their own readings and research.

Just want to say that I studied astrology casually for a few years and seriously (with teachers and reading many many books) before I read seriously for others....and 8 years before I took my first fee.
LIN

love-thinking

Disclaimer:
I do not promote or endorse the views or methods of this man; nor do I object to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7KQsS2kLM4

This is Joe Dispenza, a late degree Cancer.

I've been studying Cancer for some time and I find it fascinating to see how this man -who apparently has taken years to expound his experience in the world, as a way to become a lecturer in the subject study of emotion- allows us to understand the Cancer sign better, as difficult as it is. This may even shed a little light on Cancer, the disease.

Now I wouldn't recommend his lectures or methods to just anyone; however, I do appreciate his expression of own experience on a complex subject.

Now, my own views of Cancer:
-Water signs are proficient at brainwashing themselves (pardon my bluntness, as it is not the only way to word it)

-Water signs operate close to the fear factor, therefore are always preparing for the worst case scenario emotionally (distinct to Earth signs who do the same thing but materially). It is notable that dreams also work this way.

-Water signs look at what is not, rather than what is.

-Water signs have a vivid imagination, closer to the dreaming state.

Cancers are distinct from Scorpio and Pisces, but I felt compelled to write Water signs as these points apply to all of them.

This sign in my opinion is the quintessential INFJ in MBTI, much glorified rare breed which in astrological world is usually looked down upon ironically.

I think Cancers are interesting in the sense that they are probably the least odd/fringe/outsider of all of the water signs. They also pay attention excessively to human interaction, almost to an excessive degree but they almost rarely would admit, or put their feet in murky taboo waters, or accept the darker aspects of human nature. They like taking care of people, sometimes almost consuming their lives and sometimes they have this sweet vulnerability and they can be clingy.

But this is the difference between the water signs. Cancer does not possess the imagination of a pisces and it's intuition is much more straightforward not succumbing to a realm of what ifs and possibilities. This straightforward intution is needed as this is the sign of the mother and a mother needs to know right away whether or not her baby is okay. This is the same intuition a scorpio has but the difference is that scorpios are much less adaptable, caring; much more stubborn and fixed in their ways and also is aware of taboo motives and feelings sometimes through their own ways much more than a cancer is. Whereas the Pisces is also adaptable like a cancer just with a broader imagination and sense of wonder than both.

For those that know mbti: Pisces: Extraverted intuition and extraverted feeling
Cancer: Introverted intuition and extraverted feeling
Scorpio: Introverted Intuition and introverted feeling