too many double whammy's. I think I've just found my soulmate.

fullmoonlibra

May I think "I'm sure he feels the same" and be confident about it when I see too many double whammy's in synastry?

- Sun sextile Sun -1s
- Mercury sextile Mercury -1s
- Venus trine Venus -1s
- Mars square Mars -7s
- Jupiter trine Jupiter 3s

- Sun square Venus both ways
- Moon sextile Uranus both ways 0s (!)
- Mars trine Chiron both ways

- Moon trine Venus and Moon square Venus
- Venus opposite Sun/Moon midpoint and Venus square Sun/Moon midpoint
- Jupiter conjunct Sun and Jupiter opposite Sun
- Neptune trine Sun and Neptune sextile Sun
- Pluto trine Sun and Pluto opposite Sun

Note:
-His Venus is conjunct my vertex and part of fortune.
-His Sun/Moon midpoint is conjunct my DC
-His North node makes no contacts to my planets, but is conjunct my antivertex and Sun/Moon midpoint (hope that's sufficient)
-His birth time is fictive (outer wheel), so his moon could also fall in my 7th house, just like his Sun.

So, am I really talking about a 'possible' soulmate?
:biggrin:

Attachments

• syn.jpg
    syn.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I wonder if some of those orbs are too wide - normally 5 degrees is the maximum orb for cross-chart aspects, even the major hard aspects.

I have a friend who has virtually every personal planet in her chart trine the same planet in mine. The friendship has a lovely energy, and a sense of extending back into past lives in one form or another, but its not 'relationship material.'

And not meaning to burst your bubble, but the synastry can only trigger what is in the natal chart. Close synastry can go either way.

If you don't mind me saying, your 'Moon in Libra square Neptune in the 5th house' seems to have very high expectations/hopes of what astrology can do in terms of fulfilling your hunger for an idyllic relationship. I think I just became your opposing Mercury in Aries there for a minute! Hope that's ok - its right on my Chiron in Aries after all.

fullmoonlibra

Hi. I wonder if some of those orbs are too wide - normally 5 degrees is the maximum orb for cross-chart aspects, even the major hard aspects.

I have a friend who has virtually every personal planet in her chart trine the same planet in mine. The friendship has a lovely energy, and a sense of extending back into past lives in one form or another, but its not 'relationship material.'

And not meaning to burst your bubble, but the synastry can only trigger what is in the natal chart. Close synastry can go either way.

If you don't mind me saying, your 'Moon in Libra square Neptune in the 5th house' seems to have very high expectations/hopes of what astrology can do in terms of fulfilling your hunger for an idyllic relationship. I think I just became your opposing Mercury in Aries there for a minute! Hope that's ok - its right on my Chiron in Aries after all.

Hmm, no no I don't mind, I like it when I'm faced with reality, cause I realize that I can be too dreamy sometimes :pinched:

anjelik

Perhaps you should stop looking for your "soul mate," and just date people that make you feel good. I don't believe in that there is a "perfect" person for everyone. We are humans, we have flaws. If you keep fixating on astrology and the perfect aspects you are going to miss out on actually getting to know the person outside of their aspects. Will you eventually come to notice their aspects? Yes. My boyfriend and I have a TERRIBLE synastry aspect - his Mars squares my Mars, Saturn and Pluto. If I wrote things off based on that then I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. Sure there are bad aspects, but there are also great aspects as well which is why we love each other. You can't dissect love down to a scientific level. I mean I guess you could try, but then you are kind of destroying the emotional aspect of love.

The best advice anyone ever said to me came from a mentor of mine and he said to me "marriage is being in love with someone, acknowledging their flaws and thinking...I can live with that."

Weren't you most recently posting about a Taurus Sun and how he was your soul mate too? Step away from the astrology! If you go back into my posts from about 3-4 years ago I wrote the same kind of cr@p. I cringe when I read it all now.

P.S. This guy was definitely born in February 1982 (probably 22nd) because his chart is very similar to mine and I was born on the 2nd of March!

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

At the risk of being verbally eviscerated for what some might consider heresy or even apostasy, I have to admit that I don't think synastry is destiny. I believe that it speaks to potentials, yes, but I don't think it can or should necessarily be taken as a promise -- as in, "there are so many good aspects between our two charts that this relationship was meant to be and is destined to be everything I might have hoped it could be." I say this because positive aspects in synastry usually suggest connections that flow easily and smoothly, but this doesn't alter the fact that everyone is different and some people actually don't want easy and smooth -- for whatever reason, they actually relish or even seek out relationships in which there's a lot of drama (which would seem to suggest the presence of squares, quincunxes, and oppositions between the charts) because they find that exciting rather than stressful. There's no denying the fact that there are examples of couples who manage to make their relationship work despite the fact that the synastry between the two charts indicates that one or both should find the relationship more trouble than it's worth...as well as other examples which synastry suggests should have worked but which for one reason or another did not.

mdinaz

You can also have more than one soulmate. We incarnate with the same groups of souls over and over again, all playing different roles in lifetime to lifetime. You will encounter many of these souls in different periods of your life and all are "familiar" because you are in the same soul group and you've known them many times. Don't get fixed on "the one" because there may be several - each one teaching different lessons for you at different times of your life and when those times are completed, they may move on and the next one comes in. Let the Universe bring to you exactly who you need to be with at that time. Sometimes it suckks waiting (believe me) but the exact person you need at that time will come about and you don't waste a lot of time and energy on people who don't serve your needs and growth at that time and may actually delay you in being where you need to be.

GeminiGrrl

Another thing which I think is important to bear in mind when considering synastry is that not all "double whammys" are automatically created equal. Other factors such as the nature and the orb of the aspect also need to be given their due.

In your original post, when you listed the mutual receptions in which the two planets/points are not the same as each other (i.e., moon and venus, jupiter and sun, etc.), one of these is often soft whereas the other is hard...but you didn't make it clear which direction each goes in. Yes, the aspect will affect both of you in some way. However, if most or all of the soft aspects are more in your favor (as in, it's your moon in trine with his venus but his moon squaring yours) then "I'm sure he feels the same" would not really be a safe assumption or conclusion to make -- especially since the moon governs the emotions and is one of the most important elements in synastry. This would be especially important if his chart is ruled by the moon in some way -- i.e., several planets and/or rising sign in Cancer, moon conjunct the ascendant or otherwise heavily aspected, lots of fourth house placements. Orb has to be taken into consideration as well, because an orb which is much closer on your side than it is on his suggests that you have more invested in this emotionally than he does.

To illustrate...if your partner's chart is already ruled heavily by the moon in some way and his moon squares your venus at a much tighter orb than his venus trines your moon, the chances are that he's going to experience that connection as being a source of frustration more than pleasure because it has a stronger impact on him than it does on you and not in a good way. Yes, the fact that you have a mutual reception between those planets is a plus...but he still won't "feel the same" as you do, or at least not exactly

Last edited:

Ebenia

In the end, we are all just one. So we are all each others soul mates. Maybe a better spiritual term would be "a long time partner in crime who I will project all of my **** in to" :biggrin:

fullmoonlibra

Perhaps you should stop looking for your "soul mate," and just date people that make you feel good. I don't believe in that there is a "perfect" person for everyone. We are humans, we have flaws. If you keep fixating on astrology and the perfect aspects you are going to miss out on actually getting to know the person outside of their aspects. Will you eventually come to notice their aspects? Yes. My boyfriend and I have a TERRIBLE synastry aspect - his Mars squares my Mars, Saturn and Pluto. If I wrote things off based on that then I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. Sure there are bad aspects, but there are also great aspects as well which is why we love each other. You can't dissect love down to a scientific level. I mean I guess you could try, but then you are kind of destroying the emotional aspect of love.

The best advice anyone ever said to me came from a mentor of mine and he said to me "marriage is being in love with someone, acknowledging their flaws and thinking...I can live with that."

Weren't you most recently posting about a Taurus Sun and how he was your soul mate too? Step away from the astrology! If you go back into my posts from about 3-4 years ago I wrote the same kind of cr@p. I cringe when I read it all now.

P.S. This guy was definitely born in February 1982 (probably 22nd) because his chart is very similar to mine and I was born on the 2nd of March!

You are completely right. I keep promising myself that I will not delve deep into someone's chart, but I'm just too curious.
And I don't want to date different people before I know I'm with the right one. Because I commit.. And I don't want to commit to the one who is wrong for me. Cause I still would stay in the relationship because of Taurus patience and not being able to let go.
That's my Venus Taurus..
And that's why I'm more on the 'airy' side of relationships, from the one to the other, just like my Libra Moon.

That's what works well for me: moon trine Venus ;)

About the Taurus Sun: I lost interest. He is too rich, too educated, too money oriented and is receptive for women.
I just need love. Not someone who is going to show off with his money, will look at other women and has no time for me.

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

I hope that you'll take this in the spirit in which it's intended, FML, because it comes from experience. I used to feel the same way that you do -- I was born with my Ascendant in conjunction with Neptune which (unfortunately) makes me too sensitive, romantic, and idealistic for my own good. This has proven to be something of a thorn in my side -- believe me when I say that if my experience is anything to go on, thinking this way will not benefit you in the long run. Maybe you'll be luckier than I was -- I hope you are, because I had a very rude awakening and I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone -- but allowing yourself to become emotionally attached to someone too quickly (for that is a choice) is, quite frankly, a grave mistake that all too often results in heartbreak that could have been avoided.

In my opinion, a woman really ought to be seeing more than one man at a time unless or until one man whom she likes explicitly indicates that he wants to have an exclusive commitment with her. There are several advantages to this. First, it has the benefit of reducing the temptation to become emotionally attached too soon...which sometimes has more to do with the desire to be in a relationship with someone than it does with wanting to be in a relationship with a specific person. Second, it gives you an opportunity to experience many different types of men and get a better idea of what kind of partner truly suits you best. For one thing, you say you just need love -- but what does that mean for you, specifically? As much as I hate to point this out, if you haven't got a very clear sense of what that means for you -- and with all due respect, from the sound of it, you haven't -- then how will you know the right man when he turns up? The idea that somehow "you'll just know" sounds good in theory...but trust me, it usually doesn't work that well in practice. Third, it helps you avoid what I call "spinning straw into gold" which is something to which us romantic types seem to be sadly prone -- choosing to believe that something is true even in the absence of evidence simply because we want so much for it to be true.

mdinaz

In my opinion, a woman really ought to be seeing more than one man at a time unless or until one man whom she likes explicitly indicates that he wants to have an exclusive commitment with her. There are several advantages to this.

Be aware that a lot of guys who are loyal and commitment or monogamously minded won't go out or waste time on a girl who is dating more than one guy at a time - it makes you look fickle and superficial, or worse. I understand your reasoning but it will backfire. If I went out with a girl and discovered she was seeing two or three other guys, I'd be gone in a second. Most women wouldn't take kindly to their guy seeing three other women either.

anjelik

Be aware that a lot of guys who are loyal and commitment or monogamously minded won't go out or waste time on a girl who is dating more than one guy at a time - it makes you look fickle and superficial, or worse. I understand your reasoning but it will backfire. If I went out with a girl and discovered she was seeing two or three other guys, I'd be gone in a second. Most women wouldn't take kindly to their guy seeing three other women either.

I think this is a cultural sort of thing. I live in NYC and it is completely normal for someone to date multiple people until there is a discussion about being exclusive. I recall dating an Irish guy and he had told me that one of the things he doesn't like about dating in NYC is that women are dating so many people and it just doesn't work like that over in London (where he was previously living). Usually as soon as people pair up, they are considered a couple. I can attest to this because my boyfriend was very much like that with me from the beginning. He even told me that he stopped talking to another girl before we even officially met because every time he received a text from her he was hoping it was me. An American man wouldn't do that (at least in NYC). I definitely try not to put all of my eggs in one basket. That is how you get hurt (and man did I get hurt a lot). I do think it's a good idea to date different people (not sleep with them all) to get a sense of what works for you and what doesn't.

GeminiGrrl

Perhaps a little clarification is in order. When I said that I think a woman should be seeing more than one man at a time until someone asks her for a commitment, I was not necessarily implying that she should be sleeping with all or most of them...or perhaps even any of them. I think that if a long-term relationship is what a person is really after, it's a good idea to wait at least a few weeks before becoming sexually involved with someone -- a belief which, to be frank, hardly any men seem to share even if they say they're "commitment and monogamously minded!" My observation has been that rushing into sex (for whatever reason) creates problems because it tends to create the illusion that two people are more intimate than they truly are and encourage premature attachment -- waiting for it, on the other hand, tends to weed out some of the people who are just looking for a good time and gives people time to find out if they're genuinely compatible or merely in the grip of infatuation. Actually, I think that a lot of people without realizing it use sex as a way of avoiding the intimacy they say they want instead of as a way of creating it. Taking your clothes off and having sex is easy...being genuinely intimate with someone, not so much.

Granted, I can't say I enjoy finding out that a man I'm attracted to is seeing other women and I make it a policy to walk away from any man who's already sexually involved with another woman -- while I can't stop him from cheating, I can refuse to let him use me to do it. However, I also know that there's a difference between fantasy and reality and it's an extremely bad idea to confuse the two. No matter how much I might want to believe that a man has eyes only for me right from the beginning and doesn't want to be with anyone else, I know from experience that this an assumption I simply can't afford to make unless or until a man asks me or a commitment (and sometimes not even then). I've learned the hard way that many men aren't quite as honest and upfront as they should be about existing relationships that they have with other women and don't seem to give much thought to how I might be affected by their behavior.

As it happens, I live in NYC as well...but in all honesty, from some of the things I hear, I find it hard to believe that this is the only place in which a significant majority of men date more than one woman at a time. (That being said, an Israeli man whom I dated last year and am still friends with said that he doesn't see the point of doing that...but I also know from experience that dating more than one woman at a time is not limited to men in NYC, or even just to Americans.) If I sound as if I'm critical of men, that's really not my intention. There's no doubt in my mind that there are probably just as many women out there who are similarly dishonest...but I can only speak for my own experience, and to the best of my knowledge, I've never met any women who behave that way.

mdinaz

I never said anything about having sex with all of them, you all said that. If I'm seeing some one and I find out she's seeing several other guys, the message there is "I'm just checking to see if something better comes along while I'm with you". And unless she tells me, I have no idea if she's sleeping with them or not nor do I want to know. When I see someone she gets all of my attention, not divvied up with numerous others. I think she should deserve that. But then I'm not from NYC, I don't think I could tolerate that sort of emotional climate.