About Parallel planets, nodes and axises

poyi

Premium Member
Hi all

I am new to parallel of declination and can't find much information about how to interpret it in my natal chart.

I wonder if anyone have personal experiences in their own chart or in other people charts that you might be able to give me some insights. Thanks a lot.

I have Mars parallel to Pluto, in Placidus system Mars in Virgo 25 27' 1st house, Pluto in Scorpio 00 11' 2nd house.

Mars and Pluto have no aspect.

Jupiter parallel Neptune, in Placidus system both in Sagittarius in 4th house, Jupiter 14 27', Neptune 27 30'. Both Jupiter and Neptune also parallel to North Node Gemini 17 14' (Mean Node, True Node is 16 13') and MC Gemini 13 36'.

Jupiter and Neptune have no aspect.

Jupiter conjuncts south node 17 14' and IC 13 36', opposites North Node and MC.

Neptune Square Mars, and Venus in 1st house. Mars Neptune Square is the tightest square in my chart. There is no opposition or inconjunction in my natal chart.

Bina

From what i've learned (from dr. farr's posts), parallels can be interpreted like conjunctions, even stronger than these, and in my own and other charts i've looked at this makes sense, parallels are like hidden conjunctions, aspects between planets where there might not have been any before, missing pieces in the puzzle of a chart. :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
Thanks Bina

Yer, I had seen people saying parallel planets functioning the way like conjunction and even stronger and contra parallel as opposition.

For correction, Jupiter is parallel of declination to Neptune, IC and SN, and contra parallel to MC and NN.

Should we just interpret these as conjunctions and oppositions?

At the same time, midpoint 0415 Moon/Pluto=Jupiter: A rich and deep emotional life. Great success, lucky chances.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes, an easy and effective way IS to delineate them as conjunctions, because they are so like connctions in fact (and the contra's can be looked at as if oppositions, only here there is some significant historical disagreement about whether contra-parallels are like oppositions or not; personally I do not use the contra's, however the majority of practitioners, who look at declinations, consider contra's as if oppositions)

Look up the internet references to the works of K.T. Boehrer for further elaboration of declinations, and the book by L. Westin entitled "Beyond the Solstice by Declination", is an excellent further-study guide (this book is available from various internet vendors, including astroamerica.com)

I consider Parallels so important, that the first thing I always look at in a chart (natal, event, mundane charts) is the table of declinations for that chart (available as the free pdf supplement for the astro.com charts); only after I have determined any extant Parallels, do I then go to the longitudinal conjunctions and aspects (ie the "regular" aspects), house and sign placements, etc, of the chart.

Claire19

Hi all

I am new to parallel of declination and can't find much information about how to interpret it in my natal chart.

I wonder if anyone have personal experiences in their own chart or in other people charts that you might be able to give me some insights. Thanks a lot.

I have Mars parallel to Pluto, in Placidus system Mars in Virgo 25 27' 1st house, Pluto in Scorpio 00 11' 2nd house.

Mars and Pluto have no aspect.

Jupiter parallel Neptune, in Placidus system both in Sagittarius in 4th house, Jupiter 14 27', Neptune 27 30'. Both Jupiter and Neptune also parallel to North Node Gemini 17 14' (Mean Node, True Node is 16 13') and MC Gemini 13 36'.

Jupiter and Neptune have no aspect.

Jupiter conjuncts south node 17 14' and IC 13 36', opposites North Node and MC.

Neptune Square Mars, and Venus in 1st house. Mars Neptune Square is the tightest square in my chart. There is no opposition or inconjunction in my natal chart.
If you are talking about aspects you need to load a chart so we can analyse it. I dont use parallels or contraparallels myself. If there is little info on it, it may be that there is no general consensus of opinion as to their value. I also look at the north node aspects rather than the south. Nodes have an orb of only 3 degrees maximum and most astrologers agree that really only conjunctions have any real influence.

poyi

Premium Member
Jupiter opposition NN by 2 degrees approaching aspect.

In the declination table, Vertex is also contra parallel to Jupiter, Neptune and parallel to NN. However, is very new so unsure how significant that could be in the chart.

Anyway, by traditional or modern astrology as per dignity, aspect, parallel of declination and midpoints Jupiter seems to be the strongest planet in my chart, mercury and mars as second place.

So now just looking at parallel of declination hopefully can find the missing pieces of information.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Parallels of declination have been observed since Hellenist times in astrology, and regard for their importance can be found in early Modernist authors such as Charles Carter, M.P. Hall, etc; in Vedic astrology they are known as "kranti", and were mentioned as early as Parasara; it has been, primarily Modernist authors (like K.T. Beohrer) who have brought more attention to this subject, over the past few decades.