Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Thirdteenth

Can you send me another quote by random please? I want to use it like a tarot message from God.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

conspiracy theorist

Valens, Hephaistio (Schmidt trans.), Rhetorius.

Hephaistio says that stars opposite their domicile is corrupted in solar returns and profections. Also in elections charts.

Valens mentions that the opposite sign is corrupting when talking about lots and interpreting their effectiveness. Also violent death delineations when two planets oppose their domiciles.

Rhetorius ... see attachment. It seems like he’s trying to explain it.

So I think it’s a maaaaybe.

Its debatable.

It's all good. For myself, I responded to you after 3 hours of sleep and heading through the door. I like the come and go culture that we have here.

Interesting, I wonder how much has to do with the discordance of an opposition vs. the sign itself being a corrupting influence on the planets due to being the opposite sign from the domicile.
Maternus (from what I remember, which could be wrong but I'm not about to go spelunking now) does not seem to delineate Mercury in Jupiter signs as being negative - he seems to rely more on Jupiter's natural benificence rather than the planets being in the ruler of opposite domiciles hence "damaging".

So, yeah. Debatable. I don't see essential debility as a death sentence based on experience, so I'm more receptive to those authors/astrologers who are less reliant on that astrological criteria in their delineation. In fact, I think it is a crutch in unskillful hands.

I haven't used the Ptolemaic method when delineating almuten (as opposed to the popular medieval method) but I like it more, and might test it out in the future. Basically this is giving each dignity a single score, instead of the stagger approach of the latter.

Last edited:

Bunraku

A lot of trad texts are really lacking in my opinion in terms of personality readings, because why would they bother so Ptolemy scratches that itch for me. That’s really the only section I use in his work.

It’s also the most accurate IMO.

It even predicted Jeffrey Dahmer being a killer. :lol:

I think the hardest thing about it is finding the nuance between what placement is good/bad and what to pick for an interpretation.

Ayn Rand had Mars (by itself) as a predominator, which fit her because she truly was an angry beotch in her biographies and testimonies from friends

conspiracy theorist

Yeah, I don't think trad will ever really get popular (the primary sources) because those dudes didn't give much of a **** about personality markers beyond the most rudimentary. Different priorities than our comrades in the here and now. The contempary trad books have done a good job of filling out the personality niche.

I actually just checked and I saw it. I haven't looked at the attachments but I did read your summary. I remember we actually encountered that book many years ago and at the time the price was prohibitive. The subject matter is a subset of a subset of esoterica as well, so maybe that's why she is vehement about protecting the information as I don't foresee it getting unto the New York Times Best Seller list anytime soon.

Bunraku

I don’t have access to libraries at the moment and the access/services has been severely limited due to current circumstances and it’s been driving me insane.

conspiracy theorist

At least you have respectable library services in the States. The "collection" that's at the major library in my country is laughable - I've never relied on it, but since this year I decided to take a look to sate curiosity. There are few gems, for sure. But I'd rate the overall catalog a 2.9 out of 5 stars.

I think there is only one University in the world (Bath in the U.K. I think) that offers astrology courses. I'm sure JA will see this and correct me,always with a smile on his face.

conspiracy theorist

I'm being assholish - there are a few pretty good libraries on University campuses, but I'm talking about the public good of the national services. I guess because it's subsidized by government, not much ****s are given. It doesn't help that the general population couldn't care less for reading, for the most part.

david starling

C.t., as I'm pretty sure that you already know, the Jup/Sat conj at the Winter Solstice is going to affect you, in particular, in a significant manner. Especially with both Planets out of Capricorn and into Aquarius.

conspiracy theorist

Jupiter conj. Saturn conj. Pluto will be on the ascendant in the SR. I'm happy that I'll have two years of intensity in a row. (This current one had Scorpio Mars opp. Taurus Uranus across the horizon)

I don't presume you're basing your comments on a solar return chart, though.

david starling

Jupiter conj. Saturn conj. Pluto will be on the ascendant in the SR. I'm happy that I'll have two years of intensity in a row. (This current one had Scorpio Mars opp. Taurus Uranus across the horizon)

I don't presume you're basing your comments on a solar return chart, though.

More about the influx of Aquarian qualities coming through Jup & Sat. Plut will hang back in Capricorn.

Edit: Just noticed the tight Mars/Pluto square at the Solstice.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

This year has already been one of personal significance. I think it was fortuitous that I had a 1st house profection year in the same calendar year as a grand conjunction.

How do you read that Mars square Pluto in the ingress chart? What do you think will be the significance of that for the next 20 years?

Another notable aspect - Jupiter conj. Saturn square Uranus. The disruption of legacy systems will continue.

Last edited:

david starling

This year has already been one of personal significance. I think it was fortuitous that I had a 1st house profection year in the same calendar year as a grand conjunction.

How do you read that Mars square Pluto in the ingress chart? What do you think will be the significance of that for the next 20 years?

Another notable aspect - Jupiter conj. Saturn square Uranus. The disruption of legacy systems will continue.

Aquarius Jupiter Year, in the mundane sense. I would go with your SR for your personal year. The Jupiter Year is for everyone, but will be a better astrological environment for some personal Charts compared to others.

Mars square Pluto on Jupiter's New Year's Day indicates that Pluto's influence will be weakened during the mundane Jupiter Year. Saturn will be much less Malefic than during this Capricorn Jupiter Year.

The Aquarius Jupiter Year begins on Dec. 19th 2020. The Sun will be on the verge of leaving Sagittarius. Moon will be 1 degree 30 minutes Pisces.

Saturn conj Jupiter: I would say, "advantage Jupiter".

Last edited:

david starling

Meanwhile, a very rough ending of the Capricorn Jupiter Year. Some will find it exciting, and are actually hoping for a civil war in the U.S. Those are people with nothing going for themselves.