I Can Haz the Shiny??

VegasGemini

Yup, that's right...wouldn't be a proper Gemini unless I had that trademark affinity for shiny things :D

But in all seriousness, many have told me I'm not your typical Gem. In no way does that imply that I don't like shiny things...I guess that's why I dig living in Las Vegas. Even though this town's eating all of us residents alive. At least we can compensate with the ability to procure alcohol 24/7. That might be this place's only real perk, but it's a darned good one. :)

I'm a 24-year-old dude.

So, I am a refugee from a good astrology forum site gone bad...having sadly witnessed the decline I decided to try my luck elsewhere and stumbled across what appears to be a pretty poppin' place! I'm a 5-year student of astrology, and I'd consider myself quite well-versed in it, but definitely still learning all the time. Latest concept I've been dabbling in is natal chart vs. progressed chart + transits. There is simply no limit to the wonders of astrology. To me it's both a science and psychology. It's proven itself to be my #1 tool for so much in life.

My chart is quite possibly the best astrological recipe for batsh*t crazy. Despite all the delightful oppositions (sarcasm haha) and stellar house placements, I've got a few good things going for me...most notable are first my 2 yods (one a tighter orb than the other and more defined) pointing to Merc in Gemini in the 11th, which has blessed me with a Gemini writing ability amplified. Second is the direct conjunction of Sirius (outer asteroid associated with psychic power, the brightest star in the universe) to my Cancer asc., which conjuncts Venus in Cancer in the 12th, trines Jupiter in Pisces in the 9th and Pluto in Scorp in the 5th. I am extremely psychic and empathic, to the point of it honestly scaring the lifeblood out of me some days.

I call it the 7th sense, and it's second nature to me. Very Cancer-fueled energies. 99.9% of the time, what I intuit is correct. I use the ability to read cards I call Empathy Cards, which are similar to tarot but much more detailed and personal. I've most recently learned how to distinguish the unique energy of each sign. It was quite the awesome discovery!

So I spend a great deal of time immersed in emotional vibrations and undercurrents...I'm a highly sensitive person easily drained of energy, so I spend most of my time alone, and my preferred interactive medium is the internet. I'm painfully shy and quiet in public, but I'll let the Saggy side out of me around the people I jive with. In typical Gemini fashion, I'm long-winded and lavishly linguistic. In typical Cancer fashion, I'm happiest right here at home. I'm engaged to a sun Cancer (Leo moon, Sag asc.) who is also happy at home and we live a very chill and complementary life. Drama free, the way to be!

That's all for now, I guess. Don't wanna write a novel for my first post! Hope to jive with some people here and keep on learning :)

Chartness below:

Attachments

• KChart.gif
    KChart.gif
    25.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

suimui10

Hmm, I have Sun conj Merc on my MC; what is this talk about Merc and the shiny stuff??
Please do explain.

Oh and WELCOME to the board! :D

Sui

VegasGemini

Thanks for the welcome! Good stuff.

Haha I was just alluding to the age-old stereotype of Geminis being airheads chasing shiny things and whatnot...being easily distracted (by shiny things, no less)...give us shiny things to play with and we're happy, et al. I shudder to think there's some truth to that haha

But no correlation to Mercury, per se.

suimui10

But no correlation to Mercury, per se.

Alrighty then! Gem's are a bit of a mystery to me (Sag Sun here lol) although Merc is the ruler of my 5th and in conj to my Sun and MC. Maybe Nept conj my MC obscures my view of the true Gem(s). LOL

Just checked your site; very nice. :)

Well, jump in; it's wonderful to have you!

Sui

VegasGemini

Thanks again :) You meant the CO forum? It totally just dawned on me that I posted a link in my profile.

That was a perfect example of Gemini goodies right there. I CAN HAZ CHEESBURGER AN FWIES ANNNNNNN SHINY!!!

I forget stuff notoriously. I'd probably forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body.

It's funny you say Gems are an enigma...FWIW I hear that relatively often and I suppose I can't blame anyone since half the time I don't even know what I'm on about myself. I think we can appear eccentric and scatterbrained and somewhat aloof but many of us are emotional whirlwinds on the inside (especially heavily Cancer aspected Gems). There usually are two very distinct and conflicting personalities because it's always a battle of head vs. heart. It can be difficult to know which is taking precedence at what time. I think we find it easier to stay on the head level of things as often as possible, because the emotional level...is crazy. TBH.

Anyway, I have a Sag stellium in my 5th/6th (to be more accurate, Neptune in Cap joins my moon and Uranus in Sag in the 6th, which would be the proper stellium since my houses are intercepted), and there's nothing like having opposing Sag planets with a Virgoan bite to them...good lord. :S I do love a lot of things about being Saggy, in spite of it all. I attract Sag energy to me the most...

suimui10

Ah, this explains it. So well. :)
You seriously described Gems very well. At least from my experience (my father is one too).

It would be great if you attached your chart as a thumbnail here by way of introduction so more people can get impressed by you. :D

VegasGemini

I did actually attach the chart but maybe only I can see it or something? Hmmm...puzzling. Ohhh, I guess it's in the OP from the direct link, where the post is on the top, not the bottom. I'll just insert it here, too...pardon me while I get to properly navigating this site...must let the inner geek play around for a while.

Well, thank you yet again, you've been awfully nice to talk to! I'm glad I could help out with some clarification, esp. if your dad's concerned here. I notice a pretty widespread lack of Gemini men around these places. My brethren must be too busy staring at the wall or deciding which wall is actually the best to stare at :) (don't worry, I've soooooo picked my favorite wall already)

KyleChart.gif

Last edited:

suimui10

Sorry my bad! It WAS in the OP.
For some reason I thought I only saw your chart in your profile/album, which is why I asked you to post it in this thread.
In any case, it doesn't hurt.
The board has been a bit slow with newbies but you are already advanced; don't hesitate to jump in. You're very welcome!

VegasGemini

Awesome...I shall definitely jump in, as I saw a lot of threads already that caught my attention. This is like taking a breath of fresh air...the last forum I belonged to, though it and the people there became quite dear to me, the discussions were simply not comprehensive enough anymore (hardly going beyond sun signs let alone even a chart interp). Unfortunately my forum being what it is has ended up sort of dead...this looks like just the place for me! :)

Would you accept a friend request? You're cool like that...thanks for the regards.

EhTeam

Welcome to the site!
I am a Leo who loves shiney things, but in the form of jewelry~
I also adore my Geeky Gemini husband, who has sun/moon/venus in Gemini, and cancer asc.

VegasGemini

Right on :) I get along really well with Leos. I think Leo is a very complementary sign with Gemini...especially if the 2 share Cancer aspects.

Thanks for the welcome :D

Athene

Recently discovered, i'm quite weak on the Gemini/Cancer combo and i see you're no exception,
welcome to the board ! Well if you're in Vegas it could be only fiesta, juju's here and there bling'ing
the hell out of this world ! :biggrin:

Btw, which was your motherboard before ? Hope you'll find yourself at good with us, spread your
wings, we're decolling :sideways: :innocent:

Earth Sign

Hello! I have absolutely no Gemini in my chart, and only Chiron in Cancer, lawl. But I do have the Moon in the 3rd house, which keeps me up pretty well. ;) I have to say, though, if you hadn't said you were a Gemini right off the bat, I probably could have guessed, anyway. It's a dead giveaway when your introduction post is over 5 paragraphs long, with several jokes in each. :joyful:

Anywaaay, welcome to the board... hope you have a lot of fun around the boards, and I guess I'll see you around! :happy: tc/hf/gl

suimui10

I confirm VegasGem is CRAZY!!! No chart needed!!!

ROFL! :D :lol::w00t::tongue:

I knew I was onto something when I welcomed him on this forum... Heheeee ;)

And yeah Lion o ness this is an unwritten rule of this forum that we require to see no charts of crazy people. :wink::lol:

VegasGemini

So I've become the talk of the town all the sudden? I totally blame Lion o ness :)P) Haven't you all heard crazy is the new sane?

I won't reveal the identity of the previous stomping grounds publicly. For posterity reasons. At least right now.

tc/hf/gl

What in god's green earth does that mean?

Last edited:

EhTeam

Right on :) I get along really well with Leos. I think Leo is a very complementary sign with Gemini...especially if the 2 share Cancer aspects.

Thanks for the welcome :D

I actually only know a small amount of Gemini, but found the one I adore at the age of 18.

I have little or no Cancer in my chart though.

tingding

Nice, so another air sign with a water ascendant. No wonder you stated your fondness of that combo!

My 3rd house moon is at three degrees Gemini (trine my sun at two degrees Libra). I'm guessing we have some similar behaviors/attitudes. I've always had difficulty understanding my gemini moon. It's hard for me to get a grasp on how it functions within me. My Mars is also in gemini, but at a later degree...it's practically sitting on my ic (which was icky growing up.

What an interesting forum this site has!