Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

Ukpoohbear: I wasn't sure if you were US but after carefully looking at the chosen name, I see "UK" and hope soon, you will find the necessary job or government aid that must be given to the people. Sometimes its a matter of "red tape" and consulting with someone who knows the ropes in any given country. God Bless you, and I hope you will soon be helped in these questionable times. XX00 (hugs to you)

Thank you LeoMoon, we have never spoken before but you have shown compassion with your kind words.

Opal

Premium Member
I agree with you petosiris, we are FREE to believe anything with our freedoms allotted in this country. :smile: The rest is just not my way.

As for your mention of sexual immorality? Greek, Aramaic, or Latin, whatever, one cannot understand fully the OT unless one understands it was different time and a different place, then Jesus of Nazareth. I believe too, he was an Essene and wrote a Kindle book about this based on Cayce's readings among other historians of the day. Mr. Cayce said he was one who practiced "the spirit of the law" and John (his cousin) in the southern part of today's modern Israel) practiced "the LETTER of the Law"...Quite a difference here and not at all a subtle one.

I beliee I already said, that Paul/Saul whatever, was not Jesus, and therefore, his words can be contrived, although for sure, he was one of the main architects of today's Churches, starting with the "Roman" catholic church for sure.

Have you ever read the Gospel of Thomas? These are said to be "his" exact words. Not 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand person telling you what he said. Many scholars of the Bible (both Old & New) have translated this after many years of great work, and except for a few nuanced changes which doesn't really upset the apple cart of the meanings, all agree.

Nothing here about sexual immorality either.:innocent:

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org...ns/the-gospel-of-thomas-114-sayings-of-jesus/

Others translations:
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl_thomas.htm

I read somewhere that Paul/Saul is Josephus. Have you read that?

Opal

Premium Member
Got temporarily laid off my job today, business closed its doors at 4PM.

I am sorry to hear this UK. Job loss is epidemic, do things for others to fill your day. In your area do you know who can't go to the store? They might pay you nominally to shop for them.

Hkk

Account Closed
Contract is temporary as is all the sales assistant jobs. The uk government is said to be paying 80% off wages but bet temporary contracts won’t be one of them, it’s just one up from a zero hour contract.

The supermarkets are recruiting heavily now U.K.

Ukpoohbear

Thank you Opal and Hkk. Just heard we are getting paid in full until 4th April and then might be 80% off wages like the government will maybe implement, will find out next Friday.

I’ve applied for an administration job, they’re still hiring which is good and got an appt with a local charity looking for an administrator to help with their increased business. Don’t really know any elderly people here who would need help, this isn’t the area I was born into no family or relatives around. Going to my friends for dinner tonight though, I think she’s lonely cos her children haven’t visited her recently, she’s older at 50.

Hkk

Account Closed
Oh bless you U.K.! Charity is probs best then. At least morally it will be for the greater good.

Good news with the pay. Let’s hope u get the 80% too.

Not nice for the elderly right now.

Thought about this but I reckon U.K. government will close the supermarkets down with all the **** taking going on with empty shelves etc. We will end up with military delivering rations all because of greedy ppl

petosiris

Banned
Good is good - lesser, greater, middling - makes no difference. The degree is arbitary, the definitions blurred, if I’m to choose between one good and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

leomoon

I just read that Walmart is hiring in North America. Not sure on where or how factual the source is.

I saw the same thing yesterday Opal. I looked up Walmart in the UK and there is one, but it goes by another name.....near Piccadilly? in London.

p.s. I don't believe that Saul was Josephus. Although Saul was both Jewish & Greek/Roman, and Josephus was Hebrew & Roman. That's probably the only similarity. As Saul, he was described as hot-head.

When I was a young girl, I read Taylor Caldwells "Great Lion of God" quite a good read for sure., likely would be today too and in the Libraries. She was a prolific writer in her day, popping out these huge paperbacks, and recalled lives in ancient Palestine.

She said these stories just came to her effortless in her sleep, and the next morning she'd write it all down before forgetting.

I loved her work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Caldwell

from this link:
Around 1970, she became interested in reincarnation. She had become friends with well-known occultist author Jess Stearn, who suggested that the vivid detail in her many historical novels was actually subconscious recollection of previous lives. She agreed to be hypnotized and undergo "past life regression" to disprove reincarnation. However, according to Stearn's book, The Search for a Soul – Taylor Caldwell's Psychic Lives (1973), Caldwell instead began to recall her own past lives – eleven in all, including one on the "lost" continent of Lemuria.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/369077.Great_Lion_of_God

Daniel rated it it was amazing Her best biblical character novel by far! I have read it 3 times!

You might want to check out the many comments. She also wrote one about Luke called "Dear & Glorious Physician"

People in the 70s, were devouring her books, all of them. I think most thought she was a man back then from the name she used.
:wink:

AppLeo

Good is good - lesser, greater, middling - makes no difference. The degree is arbitary, the definitions blurred, if I’m to choose between one good and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Okay first of all, not choosing between two goods is essentially choosing neutrality over a good – which is a loss and taking an unnecessary loss is stupid.

Second, you misinterpreted me. I'm not speaking about degree of goodness. I am speaking of goodness on a collective scale. The greater good is also known at the collective good, the common good, the good for the majority... A good, however, cannot be attributed to society; it can only be attributed to individuals.

A good for society is actually a good for some individuals at the expense of other individuals.

Opal

Premium Member
I saw the same thing yesterday Opal. I looked up Walmart in the UK and there is one, but it goes by another name.....near Piccadilly? in London.

p.s. I don't believe that Saul was Josephus. Although Saul was both Jewish & Greek/Roman, and Josephus was Hebrew & Roman. That's probably the only similarity. As Saul, he was described as hot-head.

I am undecided. It is something, I read. I will try to find the source. It is something I read within the last year.

When I was a young girl, I read Taylor Caldwells "Great Lion of God" quite a good read for sure., likely would be today too and in the Libraries. She was a prolific writer in her day, popping out these huge paperbacks, and recalled lives in ancient Palestine.

She said these stories just came to her effortless in her sleep, and the next morning she'd write it all down before forgetting.

I loved her work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Caldwell

from this link:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/369077.Great_Lion_of_God

Daniel rated it it was amazing Her best biblical character novel by far! I have read it 3 times!

You might want to check out the many comments. She also wrote one about Luke called "Dear & Glorious Physician"

People in the 70s, were devouring her books, all of them. I think most thought she was a man back then from the name she used.
:wink:

I haven't read fiction in years. I stopped because it clouded reading history or one persons his-story and I didn't want to misplace what I read as fiction with fact. But, then, even with that, there is a lot of nonfiction, that is not very factual. :tongue:

petosiris

Banned
Okay first of all, not choosing between two goods is essentially choosing neutrality over a good – which is a loss and taking an unnecessary loss is stupid.

Second, you misinterpreted me. I'm not speaking about degree of goodness. I am speaking of goodness on a collective scale. The greater good is also known at the collective good, the common good, the good for the majority... A good, however, cannot be attributed to society; it can only be attributed to individuals.

A good for society is actually a good for some individuals at the expense of other individuals.

I was ''quoting'' Geralt of Rivia kek.

petosiris

Banned
But the Bible promises eternal rewards for people who try to achieve the good of others. You are more blessed when you give than when you receive - Acts 20:35. :smile: