Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Gemini888

***[Warning: sexist joke alert]***

Adam to God--"Why did you make Eve so attractive?"
God to Adam--(deep, rumbling voice) "So you'd want to stay with her."
Adam to God--"But, why did you make her so crazy?"
God to Adam--"So she'd want to stay with you!"
Reading this while looking at the Lovers card gives me a strange sensation :devil:

Gemini888

Do you find it a bit hard to read a birth chart with someone who has no astrological knowledge? I have to do that to some people from time to time and I find myself restraining from saying "3H Moon is in Pisces and squares Saturn" lest I look like I'm talking nonsense. Among the people I do reading for are those who are stuck with Sun signs. I don't really know how to explain to them that their charts have more than just their Sun.

Cap

Reincarnation is incompatible with the resurrection of the dead, as Dirius explained, and as all mainstream Churches believe. Two completely contradictory beliefs with variety of heavens (virgins, new earth, karma), the market for peddlers of hope is quite vast tbh.

True spirituality has nothing to do with belief systems of organized religion. True spirituality is an individual exploration of consciousness and its depths in a systematic and scientific manner.

As for the belief systems, materialism is the most successful religion of all times. It persists as an official mainstream doctrine for centuries without a single shred of scientific evidence.

petosiris

Banned
True spirituality has nothing to do with belief systems of organized religion. True spirituality is an individual exploration of consciousness and its depths in a systematic and scientific manner.

As for the belief systems, materialism is the most successful religion of all times. It persists as an official mainstream doctrine for centuries without a single shred of scientific evidence.

Ok, whatever. :rolleyes:

petosiris

Banned
Do you find it a bit hard to read a birth chart with someone who has no astrological knowledge? I have to do that to some people from time to time and I find myself restraining from saying "3H Moon is in Pisces and squares Saturn" lest I look like I'm talking nonsense. Among the people I do reading for are those who are stuck with Sun signs. I don't really know how to explain to them that their charts have more than just their Sun.

I think you should restrain from saying astrological ooga booga unless the person specifically wants to hear it or can comprehend it. The prediction is the only juicy part of the reading anyways.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned

Everybody claims on truth. The problem with every system is that there persists a sense of absolute security and attachment within each of these bubbles, while common sense would show that there is much uncertainty, through the popularity of many contradictory religious and political worldviews.

petosiris

Banned
Everybody claims on truth. The problem with every system is that there persists a sense of absolute security and attachment within each of these bubbles, while common sense would show that there is much uncertainty, through the popularity of many contradictory religious and political worldviews.

Imagine if there existed a way for a person to have control over his thoughts, being able to not only entertain a foreign thought, but to partake of it, and completely immerse himself in it for a perceptible period of time. This would inevitably bring greater understanding in the belief, and the reasons for it, and therefore in people.

petosiris

Banned
It is possible. I do it all the time! But how does a non-practitioner of this art distinguish it from (your typical suggestion) being so open-minded that their brains have fallen out? Not that it matters :sideways:

You can have one personality that is closed-minded about astrology and another personality that is open-minded about astrology to see both sides of it. This sometimes naturally happens with enthusiastic conversions, but you may enforce it with some kind of control and reinforcement, say making yourself bleed whenever you experience doubt.

david starling

I use a clock analogy. The Sun is very important, but it's just one hand of the clock, which isn't accurate enough.

david starling

I agree.

The original christian concept was more like "life after death", similar to the egyptian belief that there is continuation of life in an underworld, which was common in almost all the european pagan world.

Reincarnation as in, "reborn again" is a concept from the indian region. Problem is people mix the resurrection of Christ with reincarnation, which wouldn't be the same. The case of the resurrection is a special ocasion because, in christian belief, he is the son of God and thus rose again from death. Resurrection would also be a continuation of your life (that was put to a stop by death) whether on this world or in the underworld ("Heaven" for christians), while reincarnation means being born again new and starting over.

"Reincarnation" is singular. Only has to happen once to qualify. Also, starting over with a new body, which is what the word itself means, can include retaining memory and personality.

david starling

It's actually easy for you to make a difference with your highly focused chart. For people with a more scattered chart, it isn't that obvious.

Pisces is said to "contain all Signs within it". I'm able to see the point of view of all the Sun-signs, although it took (at times unpleasant) experiences to be able to do that. One thing I learned about Virgo Suns is, they feel unappreciated and on-their-own, but they're generally too polite and fatalistic to complain about it. I do have my Descendant there, which I believe helps me understand my opposite Sun-sign.

Last edited:

david starling

I’m thinking of buying a musketeer sword for my own protection, in honour of a past life memory I had of being an insurgent figure.

Does Amazon have those? I see they are available on-line, along with "renaissance wax" to keep them polished!
Musketeers were known for carrying muskets as well as narrow-bladed rapiers.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Does Amazon have those?

I don’t think so but I posted a link to the sword I’ve placed an order for. It’s out of stock so could take months. But I also found a shield that will protect my torso that I can hold in my right hand (protecting my right wrist which has previously been broken), most of the weight goes on the arm strap and it even has a detachable spike in the middle.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=PRH303&name=The+Culloden+Targe

david starling

I don’t think so but I posted a link to the sword I’ve placed an order for. It’s out of stock so could take months. But I also found a shield that will protect my torso that I can hold in my right hand (protecting my right wrist which has previously been broken), most of the weight goes on the arm strap and it even has a detachable spike in the middle.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=PRH303&name=The+Culloden+Targe

Are you into fencing? If so, what type of sword have you used?

Ukpoohbear

Are you into fencing? If so, what type of sword have you used?

It’s for home protection. I’ll probs hang it up inside my wardrobe in case anyone tries to break into my door, the idea is I’ll not need to use it if a robber sees me armed like that.

Nothing’s happened to make me feel this way, except for taking the past life memory as a clue to what an upcoming Pluto and Saturn sharing Sun transit might mean for me. Possible enemies because of link to 7th house.

Gemini888

Pisces is said to "contain all Signs within it". I'm able to see the point of view of all the Sun-signs, although it took (at times unpleasant) experiences to be able to do that. One thing I learned about Virgo Suns is, they feel unappreciated and on-their-own, but they're generally too polite and fatalistic to complain about it. I do have my Descendant there, which I believe helps me understand my opposite Sun-sign.
David, what sign do you find the most difficult to relate to? I find Taurus the most difficult to relate to, mainly because the sign holds so few prominent traits. I mean, you can sum up other signs pretty easily. You have Aries as the fireball warrior, Gemini as the dual communicator, Cancer the moody mother, Leo the bright sun, Virgo the analytical servant, Libra the indecisive peacemaker, Scorpio the passionate detective, Sagittarius the adventurous preacher, Capricorn the ambitious pessimist, Aquarius the callous revolutionist, and Pisces the spiritual dreamer. All signs are heading for a definite purpose. But Taurus? Apart from the few keywords, what's more to it? It's pretty strange considering that I have Taurus Venus and 2H Sun and Merc.