A 29th Degree Moon and radicality

leomoon

This horary is about a granddaughter who has a propensity for secrets as did her mom. Her mother is now deceased.

IF I put the granddaughter's named asteroid in the chart, she ends up in the 12th house where she consistently seems to end up. Hidden and not shown. She would never want her father to know this, btw. At 17°25’ Leo the asteroid would technically sextile the querent in this case, me in the 9th house.
While I understand some people will disagree about the 29th degree, I’ve posted a link which explains it better if indeed, it’s the Moon position. I believe the chart is radical, however nuanced quite a bit.
Any opinion would be appreciated however. I may not agree with another’s art, but I always try and have and keep an opened mind. :smile:

In this chart case, the Moon in Libra will be leaving the sign, and makes aspects in Libra’s ruler Venus as well as Saturn the ruler of the 5th hs. Upon entering Scorpio, it will square Mars in the 10th, the ruler of the 3rd of books and oppose Venus the ruler of the 10th from the 5th of children, she is technically a child.

The book is not a hard copy but a Kindle books which still comes under the 3rd house imo.

1zc1glh.png

leomoon

I thought this quote regarding the 29th degree Moon might be helpful for some who are not familiar:

http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/horary.html

Moon in Late Degrees of a Sign - 27-29 degrees
Moon in the Via Combusta - last 15 degrees of Libra and first 15 degrees of Scorpio

and:

Void of Course Moon - when the moon will make no major aspects before leaving the sign it is in. Its interpretation is that nothing will happen in respect of the question asked. The exceptions to this, which are only applied if the chart generally looks promising, are if the moon is in Cancer or Taurus (its dignity and exaltation and therefore strong) or in Sagittarius or Pisces (the exaltation of the benefics Jupiter and Venus).
If the horoscope passes these considerations it is said to be Radical (fit to be judged). However, not all of the strictures are actually used now and there were more. Lilly himself, although propounding these strictures, does not appear to have adhered to them all. The main ones used today are the Void of Course Moon and the Moon in the Via Combusta, and often the early or late degrees ascending. Lilly said of the early or late degrees of the ascending sign that it was still safe to judge if the querent's natal ascendant is of those degrees.

tikana

The Moon is not in Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius or Pisces. It's in 29 degrees, VOC, and in via combusta. Unless it's positioned very significantly for you natally I wouldn't be judging this chart.

By looking only to your granddaughter's named asteroid you take from her any planetary or house rulership and all interplay with other planets. I would think a grandchild to be signified by ruler of 5th from your 5th so 9th house.

moon is NOT void because she is within the orb to another planet before it flips the signs.

leomoon

Thank you tikana and passiflora. I didn't think so either; as the Moon or action of the chart - confirms what I thought that its not VOC.

to Passiflora: I wasn't just looking at her asteroid name although I often do because its so often in the 12th and I was curious enough so passed along that info. But of course, I do know some basics of horary and that most horarists do not use asteroid names either, so I'd never intend to suggest that the sextile or any other aspect to the asteroid via her name would be integral to the chart itself. Sorry for the miscommunication...and that is why I did not include it in the chart as I didn't want it misunderstood. :innocent:

leomoon

Re
I would think a grandchild to be signified by ruler of 5th from your 5th so 9th house.
I would think so too, although since she is the child of a 3rd child, and my youngest daughter; I also look to the 5th of children in general. But thanks for pointing that out.

If I indeed, "turn the chart", then Venus is the granddaughter in this case. I ordinarily do not unless I feel that is required to do so for an adequate reading. I know its a popular habit however.

Last edited:

leomoon

Hello tikana - I learn so much of horary from you so am interested to know more. Do you say the Moon is not VOC even if her last aspect is already perfected and now separating, as long as they are still within orb? In horary I had been counting applying aspects only.

leomoon - I would think this question is one of those cases where you look to the 9th for clarification, since it concerns your child as well as your grandchild. You are asking about the book, and I don't know what's in the book to know why you are concerned. But the book is relevant only because it's about your child.

The book is extremely important to me, and should be eventually to her twin daughters, as my daughter passed over in 2008 when they were only 4 years of age and hardly recall anything. I've provided important information for them they'd never hear otherwise.

I was waiting until they were older although I wrote it when they were 13, and now they are almost 16.

I'm rather certain it was this one granddaughter if not both. Thus far, I see the book was sold the other day and the buyer shared it with another who read 500 pages, very unusual for a book about suicides unless being led by another.

Thanks for any information you can glean. We have never met the girls yet in person except at their mom's memorial service as the father keeps them away from us. He plays an important role in her demise.

Since the father owns a well known computer company, no doubt the girls know all about computers and how to hide their online personae from their father. That may clear up the reason I look to her name and it fell (often) in the 12th house.

Thanks for your help and any information gleaned.

Last edited:

leomoon

whether they've read the book is out of my horary depth. venus, 9th ruler has just sextiled mars, ruler of 3d, and is about to conjunct uranus, all happening in the 12th from the 9th. Mars happens to be in the 10th which is the 12th from the 11th, does the father know about the book? And back to your original question - How does your feeling about this chart change if you take Moon as the girls' father? ....

Hello passiflora: I've briefly considered the Sun as in a turned chart 4 houses from the 9th, however, I've not meditated on it since. That would put him in the 9th in a critical degree of Taurus, and cj. the querent, (me) Mercury. I can envision him being the Sun but not the Moon.

Furthermore, I'm rather certain the father knows about this book now as our daughter's memorial online site received a nasty note about a month ago from one person which makes me feel this way.