Indicators for (sexual) abuse in natal chart

Calvinsmom

If one can learn to surrender to love, one can transcend through love and acceptance of self.

Once one transcends to love and accept oneself, the greatest grace of all is to teach others to love and accept themselves by nurturing them with love.

This is compassion, compassion and nurturing with love brings strength and honor to one's soul and life, I believe.

demetraceres

Thank you, Raven and Calvinsmom. I appreciate your sharing.

I believe in transcending power of love and I know how important it is to accept ourselves. I also believe in working on our shattered boundaries.

As for motherhood - for a very long time I didn't dare to have children because of my early experiences. Now i'm trying to do my best. I can't complain so far, but there is sometimes a little bit of doubt in me- probably it is the aspect influence - as it is said in astrology - "mothers with hard Chiron Moon aspect may often feel guilty that they are not doing enough for their kids." Fortunately it seems I am transcending it with time and experience. :)

Emilia

I find this thread very interesting. I was sexually abused for ten years, and would like to show my chart as well as my abusers chart as a reference to what have been discussed so far.

The t-square between my virgo sun, sagittaurus mars/moon/uranus conjunction and gemini chiron was activated by pluto in sagittaurus at the time, and the abuse lasted most of this transit. My chiron is opposite the moon, in the 8th house.

When saturn entered virgo at my birthday and activated these points in 2007 I started the healing process. (this transit was much worse than saturn return)

In my case it was mostly a power struggle. There was nothing 'sexual' about the sexual abuse, it had more to do with my abuser trying to break me psychologically. I guess he underestimated my resilience.

My abuser (stepfather, I don't know his birth time) is a pisces whose sun squares my neptune, his saturn conjuncts my sagittaurus conjunction (depending on the orb) His neptune is conjunct my asc/pluto conjunction, his chiron is conjunct my IC (I was abused in my home), he has pluto square mars, where mars conjuncts my true node and pluto conjuncts my mercury, his moon/jupiter is conjunct my libra. When pluto transited sag (and he abused me) it conjoined his saturn and squared his pisces sun, mercury and libra. I guess there are even more things to look at, this is the first time I've looked at it.

As for the love part, my husband is a gemini whose sun is conjunct my chiron and activates the t-square.

Thank you for this topic.

Attachments

• em.jpg
    em.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 106
  • chart2.jpg
    chart2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 84

R4VEN

Emilia, thank you for sharing your story and your ability to transcend what happened to you. I was struck by this part of your post:

"In my case it was mostly a power struggle. There was nothing 'sexual' about the sexual abuse, it had more to do with my abuser trying to break me psychologically. I guess he underestimated my resilience."

Looking at your chart - Pluto conj Scorpio ASC, and Chiron in 8th - power struggles are something which will ultimately strengthen you. Yours is a very `powerful' chart, and it is possible that this triggers insecurity and fear in others - thus your stepfather trying to `break' you.

Another interesting thing I see is that your Mercury in Virgo squares your nodal axis, and being in Virgo also you have the ability to stand back and examine your own life path with clarity ....... which is no doubt another of your saving graces.

Emilia

Thank you Raven for your reply.

The Pluto/asc is powerful and does trigger insecurities in some people. So far only in men.

I have never thought about mercury squaring the nodes before. Being heard was (is) a big part of the trauma for me. For a while I wrote several theses about child sexual abuse and interviewed victims, because I wanted to give these peopple 'a voice', something I didn't have. I also help administrate an internet forum where abuse victims support each other, and write about the abuse. I have learned from working with abuse victims that there is a common theme of voice and being heard. Everyone of them told adults about the abuse, said no etc. but no one listened. And they still don't feel 'heard' by society. Not being heard also keeps the abuse going. Maybe there are mercury aspects with ongoing/reapeated abuse? (In addition to 'abuse aspects')

I feel that the fact that my parents and other adults didn't listen to me when I told them about the abuse was as bad as the abuse itself. I still struggle with situations where I feel like I am not being heard.

demetraceres

I'm sorry I can't contribute considerable level of astrological knowledge. I just wanted to say I feel it is very precious (and I am very happy there are such people), Emilia, that you are working on support and giving voice to sexual abuse survivors. I think there is never enough of this support. And it is helping to break this vicious circle.

In my country there are selfhelp groups and NGO's, but still it is not very easy to pursue justice throught the justice system and there are so many problems connected to the abuse that are never taken into account by the system. Besides not being heard about abuse we are not being heard about any other side effects.

All the best

ScorpioCrow

Re: Indicators of (sexual) abuse in natal chart

I saw the chart of someone who was abused as a child and he had Mars and Uranus in 4th and Neptune in 8th. Allegedly abused by either a family friend or his father. Moon square Pluto as well (he told his mother (Moon) but she didn't believe him). A sad case.

noxflisk

I personally think it might have something to do with Chiron's placement. Someone I personally know who has been sexually abused has Chiron in Scorpio in the 7th (as well as Pluto in the 7th, if that's of any relevance), and their aspects for Chiron are: Chiron Sextile Moon, Chiron Square Jupiter, Chiron Quincunx Saturn, Chiron Sextile Node, Chiron Opposition Ascendant, and Chiron Sextile Midheaven.

Another point of interest may be that their sun is completely unaspected, aside from a square with Lilith. Their Lilith is right on the cusp of the 5th and 6th houses.

Their Moon is in Virgo in the 6th, and their Pluto is in Sagittarius in the 7th. Their moon aspects are as follows: Moon Square Mercury, Moon Quincunx Jupiter, Moon Quincunx Saturn, Moon Sextile Chiron, Moon Trine Ascendant, Moon Trine Midheaven. Pluto aspects are: Pluto Sextile Venus, Pluto Sextile Mars, Pluto Sextile Uranus, Pluto Quincunx Ascendant.

If you have any further questions regarding this person's chart, feel free to ask. I know for a fact they wouldn't mind me sharing, so long as I don't disclose their name, or any other personal information.

Last edited:

demetraceres

Oh, hell, I'll just post the whole thing. It's my own chart. It was me. :unsure:

Your Sun is interesting, only a loose conjunction with Mercury. My Sun is also unaspected (no major aspects to other planets). I connect it to somehow absent father figure (mine was emotionally distant).

It seems indeed that Chiron's placement has something to do with abuse. Chiron-Moon aspects allegedly always represent boundary problems, but probably only hard aspects would indicate a rejection by the mother. Nice Chiron-Moon aspect should represent extremely sensitive, empathic and mystical person and I would say somebody who can easily accept her/his feminine and vulnerable side.

Izzy542

The most interesting chart I have seen in this forum until now is yours. Not so much in the terms of your question-abuse-because I never stydied it before. Although in this chart the relashionship with your mother is all about and the true nord in cusp of 5th- chalenging childhood.Please if you like upload one natal chart without the asteroids so it will be cleaner.

noxflisk

The most interesting chart I have seen in this forum until now is yours. Not so much in the terms of your question-abuse-because I never stydied it before. Although in this chart the relashionship with your mother is all about and the true nord in cusp of 5th- chalenging childhood.Please if you like upload one natal chart without the asteroids so it will be cleaner.

Are you referring to my chart? If so, here's a plainer version:
2n7l3c2.gif

I would've responded sooner if I had known you were talking to me. And, uh, thanks for thinking my chart is really interesting. :joyful:

keywine89

I know we always have to see the whole picture and the whole chart. It's not my intention to search for all the indicators in the natal chart. I just wanted to share a little piece of this interesting writing about Neptune (I have Neptune in the eighth house aspecting Mars). Otherwise I would be glad if others would contribute any other experiences with any other placements in the chart.

There are some interesting points in this writing about personality traits that Neptune in the eighth house could develope and could attract abuse (I can relate much to these traits, mostly in my past):

- blurred lines in intimate relationships
- a tendency to allow oneself to give without setting any boundaries
- it wants to give and it honestly expects nothing in return

http://www.southfloridaastrologer.com/8th-house-in-astrology-planets-in-the-8th-house.html

NEPTUNE IN THE EIGHTH HOUSE

Blurred lines in intimate relationships are found when Neptune is in the eighth house. The rules surrounding what's given and received in the relationships are not clear and abuse is common with Neptune as the victim. In the extreme cases, this can mean sexual abuse or it can simply indicate a tendency to allow oneself to give without setting any boundaries. Neptune is sensitive, compassionate an empathetic. [edited posting over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

I don't know if I agree with this. If I had to take a guess, it would mars square or opposite pluto. Both are about violence and wills being tested.

Hephaistos

I find this thread very interesting. I was sexually abused for ten years, and would like to show my chart as well as my abusers chart as a reference to what have been discussed so far.

Hi Emilia

You have a Venus Uranus doppelwhammy, Ur in 2 & Venus in 11 th, its a rape Aspekt, with a Bad Venus and Venus in Libra is Bad in the Modern world because they have an strong ability to know right from wrong, thats not Good in a World they dont know real Justice, this can really hurt a Libra Venus and acitivates Pluto - resistance and defiance behavior for a long Time, this must be transform to find new ways to make the experience in a another Kind of life.

Peoples crossing your Borders and think they can do what they want with you, this comes from the fourth House, where Aquarius rules.
Until you pull a Border between you and the Others they want no good things for you.

the Pluto at the Asc show the Dark experience what you make and the mistrust do you develop to others, because you feel theres more that the people tell you.

In think youre a "Austreiber" like a Exorcist, in your Family, must do a break. Saturn / Uranus.
The Saturn of the other Person is on your Uranus - the positive way of Uranus - Break free of this Structure and Spit in there face, go your very own way by dont interesting what the others say.

Uranus is not so good like many Astrologers tell from and Pluto not so bad.

I have Ur in Second Home too, with the Secundary Progression from Venus Concjunt to Natal Uranus before 19 Years, a Men (I was a Boy) try to Abuse me and bait my into a trap, but i Kill him with his belt, before he can do "more"
My Uranus rules over my 5th Home and my Sun is in 12 With Venus on the ASC in Libra Conjunct Pluto.

good luck on your further way of live

Last edited:

Hephaistos

For a while I wrote several theses about child sexual abuse and interviewed victims, because I wanted to give these peopple 'a voice', something I didn't have. I also help administrate an internet forum where abuse victims support each other, and write about the abuse.

mercury sextile pluto want talk about topics they lay in the dark, with no fear about the consequences, things they many people dont want to hear or dont understand the message and maybe fight against you, but with a sextile it seems not strong resistance from others. With the Nodes it is the Ping Pong from South to North Node, from the Past to transform the Present and create the Future.

mercury in 10 in public, about your experience (AC Pluto) to share.

Last edited:

demetraceres

I don't know if I agree with this. If I had to take a guess, it would mars square or opposite pluto. Both are about violence and wills being tested.

Could be, I've mentioned only one example and I am not even sure how reliable it is. Probably statistics would have here the last word.

And experienced astrologers mentioned here Moon-Chiron hard aspect - I would logically believe it and I am also the owner of this aspect.

R4VEN

And experienced astrologers mentioned here Moon-Chiron hard aspect - I would logically believe it and I am also the owner of this aspect.
demetraceres, your Chiron-Moon relationship is the sextile, which is not considered a hard aspect.

I have a trine between Chiron-Moon, and whilst the abuse heaped on me in childhood was not (technically) sexual, it was definitely as a result of my gender. I was on the receiving end of severe physical and verbal/emotional abuse at the hands of 2 of my 3 older brothers, and when I told my mother (I was around the age of 4, and my brothers were all of primary school age) my mother simply told me to stay away from them. "You know what they're like', was all she said. No punishment or warnings were handed out, and as a result, my belief became that it is OK for males to abuse me, and that is what I can expect from life.

Living through this continued harrassment, and then when older, stepping away from it, and seeing the bigger picture - i.e. a dominating, insecure father at the top of the family pyramid - has helped me to transcend this pattern.

My belief is that those with the `softer' Chiron-Moon relationships - i.e. sextile and trine - will be more likely to get through it and not be forever damaged by it. To do this requires persistence, honesty, and a deep belief in oneself.

heidy26

Venus square/opposition Mars
Mars square/opposition Pluto
Venus square/opposition Pluto
If Moon is also in the mix, the emotional trauma is highly severe.
Neptune aspecting any of these planets can also enhance the trauma [with the soft aspects], with the hard aspects can be a factor.
I also take into consideration the conjunction, it is too a hard aspect and can easily reveal an abuse.
Sun/Neptune and Sun/Mars aspects are abuse aspects, but not sexually, with Neptune, the subject is easy to deceive, permissive and can be taken advantage of, with Mars, physical abuse, or the subject is the abuser.

But don't forget that determining the abuse depends on many other aspects, how they are placed and so on.

Astronoodles

I am still learning a bit, so I can only use my experiences with sexual abuse (and relate it to what I think causes it/my own knowledge of astrology).

I was molested by my mother's boyfriend when I was a child during my parents' splitting up. That's my experience with sexual abuse, and it's the only experience I've had in my life.

As far as aspects and such go, my moon (gemini; 12th house) opposes chiron (sagittarius; 6). I also have Neptune in the 8th house which squares the Sun. My 8th house is in Capricorn (which may represent how much older he was than me). My moon opposes mars as well (again, mars in the 6th house). Here's my chart in case anyone wants to look @ it:
my chart for examination.PNG