How Can I Help A Friend In Need?

My best friend suffers from depression. Normally it's manageable and it doesn't hold him back. Lately, he's been having a much harder time. He feels as if he doesn't deserve happiness and will never have it and, in his words, he feels like he "should just go ahead and become used to it." He worries about messing things he tries up and hence, has begun to think he shouldn't try at all. Is there a place I can pinpoint where these feelings might be originating, and is there a way I can understand what help he needs, based off what I see in his chart? I've looked at it a million times on my own and thought and thought but I lack the skill I need to get any answers. I really want to help him through this hard time.

Attachments

• Zach Denmark.gif
    Zach Denmark.gif
    60.1 KB · Views: 34

Capricorn2616

First of all, so nice of you to come on a forum to help your friend. Mental health is such a misunderstood area of life, and most people don't try to understand. I have a lot of thoughts on the subject ... mostly that in other cultures, depression and anxiety are viewed as spiritual growth on the part of the individual. Also, sometimes its an indication that you are not being true to yourself, or you're on the wrong path.

That in mind, I am not expert. I have only been studying astrology for a few months, but I would really like to get better. This is what I notice in the chart. Is he in a serious relationship? Or does he struggle with relationships? He has his moon squaring his venus, with his sun (ego) in the seventh house of relationships. It seems like relationships would be key in how he perceives his view of himself. He also has Mars in his seventh which can attract very aggressive energy in relationships. I have this placement and my relationships have been far from healthy in the past. He has Chiron in the twelfth in libra ... to me that looks like subconscious wounding from relationships that may be hidden from him since it is in the twelfth. That Mars conjunct the descendant can make you apprehensive about making decisions and taking initiative. Like I said, I have this placement and I have a lot of anxiety sometimes. I attract assertive partners to help me learn how to be more assertive. His moon in capricorn could also be a factor. I have four planets in capricorn and sometimes Saturn's energy can be very oppressive and overbearing. It can make you feel like breaking because of the huge weight on your shoulders, so you just give up. Moon is considered in detriment in Capricorn, so not always an easy placement emotionally. His chart is really interesting...Hope this helped somehow. Let me know what you think.

astrobunny

Like your friend, my sun is in the 7th house as well and I've struggled with depressive episodes in the past. Do you know if he has been keeping to himself more lately or staying indoors rather than going out? Suns in the 7th house benefit a lot from interactions with other people.

Loneliness or just being solitary for extended amounts of time without others can really drain the motivation/joy from a lot of us 7th house suns. Honestly, just talking to him or spending time with him may help him a lot. If you can't spend time with him tho, encourage him to go out/bond with other friends.

Also, is he dating anyone/in a relationship? Partnerships are a big deal to us 7th house suns, and, if he's not dating anyone, that actually may be part of the problem. I have a friend who as a 7th house sun like myself and she's prone to feeling aimless & depressed unless she's in a relationship.

Like your friend, my sun is in the 7th house as well and I've struggled with depressive episodes in the past. Do you know if he has been keeping to himself more lately or staying indoors rather than going out? Suns in the 7th house benefit a lot from interactions with other people.

Loneliness or just being solitary for extended amounts of time without others can really drain the motivation/joy from a lot of us 7th house suns. Honestly, just talking to him or spending time with him may help him a lot. If you can't spend time with him tho, encourage him to go out/bond with other friends.

Also, is he dating anyone/in a relationship? Partnerships are a big deal to us 7th house suns, and, if he's not dating anyone, that actually may be part of the problem. I have a friend who as a 7th house sun like myself and she's prone to feeling aimless & depressed unless she's in a relationship.

You know, that's actually a big part of it I feel like! He hasn't been in a relationship for a long time and he said he's feeling very alone because of that! But it's summer and he's back home where he doesn't have a lot of people to be around so he doesn't have that interaction you mentioned! I'll definitely have to share with him that having a lot of interaction can maybe lift his spirits! Thank you so much!

First of all, so nice of you to come on a forum to help your friend. Mental health is such a misunderstood area of life, and most people don't try to understand. I have a lot of thoughts on the subject ... mostly that in other cultures, depression and anxiety are viewed as spiritual growth on the part of the individual. Also, sometimes its an indication that you are not being true to yourself, or you're on the wrong path.

That in mind, I am not expert. I have only been studying astrology for a few months, but I would really like to get better. This is what I notice in the chart. Is he in a serious relationship? Or does he struggle with relationships? He has his moon squaring his venus, with his sun (ego) in the seventh house of relationships. It seems like relationships would be key in how he perceives his view of himself. He also has Mars in his seventh which can attract very aggressive energy in relationships. I have this placement and my relationships have been far from healthy in the past. He has Chiron in the twelfth in libra ... to me that looks like subconscious wounding from relationships that may be hidden from him since it is in the twelfth. That Mars conjunct the descendant can make you apprehensive about making decisions and taking initiative. Like I said, I have this placement and I have a lot of anxiety sometimes. I attract assertive partners to help me learn how to be more assertive. His moon in capricorn could also be a factor. I have four planets in capricorn and sometimes Saturn's energy can be very oppressive and overbearing. It can make you feel like breaking because of the huge weight on your shoulders, so you just give up. Moon is considered in detriment in Capricorn, so not always an easy placement emotionally. His chart is really interesting...Hope this helped somehow. Let me know what you think.

This was incredibly helpful and all very interesting! A lot of that just clicked. His chiron and mars conjunct the descendant especially. Thank you so much for your take!
As for relationships, I think he struggles with finding a relationship!