Can Astrology predict the end of the World?

Senecar

It could be another controversial topic :D, but can Astrology predict the end of the world? You read about the controversial topic with predicting death etc. But I cannot recall seeing Astrology predicting the end of the world.

Has any of the traditional and contemporary astrologers ever predicted the end of the world using the charts - how and when? Can you? Would you? :) Could it work?:whistling:

JUPITERASC

It could be another controversial topic :D, but can Astrology predict the end of the world? You read about the controversial topic with predicting death etc. But I cannot recall seeing Astrology predicting the end of the world.

Has any of the traditional and contemporary astrologers ever predicted the end of the world using the charts - how and when? Can you? Would you? :) Could it work?:whistling:

This is a list of predicted dates for events that would result in a massive or total collapse of humanity
civilization, the planet, or the entire universe :smile:
made by notable individuals or groups
List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

SteveGus

My understanding is that the ancients had a horoscope that depicts the beginning of the world, where all was maximized in terms of rulership dignity; this was the Thema Mundi, the horoscope of the world.

509px-Thema_Mundi.svg.png

I'm not sure this has an associated date. The positios of Mercury and Venus are impossible angles, since Mercury is never more than 27 degrees from the Sun, and Venus never more than 48.

The horoscope for 6 pm Oct. 22, 4004 BC in Mesopotamia looks very different, but it has a grand trine among Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. This of course is when Archbishop Ussher said the world was created.

PVHXYGv.png

dr. farr

Very advanced mundane astrology with a deep insight into esoteric principles, can predict the beginning and the ending of world ages (world periods)

Senecar

It is a future event, so would require some sort of Progression / Transits from the natal chart to predict the date and the manner?

Would Horary work for the reading? Why yes / no?

dr. farr

No, horary would not work for this question: because the querent has no direct stake in this matter, ie its not within the life experience of the querent; this is also a problem in horary questions about government matters, elections, etc-UNLESS the querent has a direct stake in the matter, or is directly related to or connected with the matter in a significant way, it is a "curiosity" type of question and answers from the Cosmos for curiosity type questions, are unreliable.

Loda41

Very advanced mundane astrology with a deep insight into esoteric principles, can predict the beginning and the ending of world ages (world periods)
Was not there a belief that at the beginning of life on earth all planets were aligned in Aries?

dr. farr

Was not there a belief that at the beginning of life on earth all planets were aligned in Aries?

This concept was put forth by AbuMashar, at the beginning of the Arabic transitional era.
Another theory, from esoteric sources (S.L. MacGregor Mathers, of the Golden Dawn Society) was that the Earth was created (from the Sun) while the Sun was in the sign of Leo (ie, final formation of the spherical Earth before it solidified)-thus for Mathers, Leo is the first sign of the circle of the zodiac.

Mythirion

This might be a noob question, but wouldn't the end of the world (and end of the universe) be impossible to predict because there would be a million other planets having an impact on the star sign of the center of the universe (or even galaxy?). If the world were to end, it wouldn't be just the world but all that is, and I would imagine that this would be out of the scope of astrology.

Senecar

At this point, we got to define what the "World" means.

Is it the whole Universe including all the galaxies, other solar systems, and both fixed and wandering stars, the Moon and the Earth? Or is it the civilization we live in = the Earthly life? Or is it the World as our own consciousness = the inner world?
When I was posting, I mean the second definition, the world as the Earthly civilization, but I see it can mean the other things.

AJ Astrology

The End of the World would not happen until at least 4 Billion years from now, when the Milky Way Galaxy starts colliding with the Andromeda Galaxy.

I suppose Earth could be eaten by a drifting Black Hole that passes through the Solar System.

I would be pointless and a waste of time to predict the End of the World, since you won't be around to witness it, and neither would anyone else.

Senecar

The End of the World would not happen until at least 4 Billion years from now, when the Milky Way Galaxy starts colliding with the Andromeda Galaxy.

I suppose Earth could be eaten by a drifting Black Hole that passes through the Solar System.

I would be pointless and a waste of time to predict the End of the World, since you won't be around to witness it, and neither would anyone else.

But the World could end by other ways too, couldn't it? Not just Astronomical way - movement of Galaxies and Black holes.

There might be all out Word War III with Nuke weapons, there are also possibility of Yellow Stone in USA erupting, and weather changes either into ice age, or heating up ... etc several possibilities for the End of World.

Surely Astrology should be able to predict that?

aleth3ia

Banned
That's one of the questions that astrologers have always tried to answer. The idea of "doomsday" comes from the remembering of the ancient flood, that is a story present in almost all ancient myths. Plato, Aristotle, and many others before and after, all talked about a hypothetical "end of the world", and they're somewhat the basis for every astrological discourse. Doomsday was back then called "The Great Year", and astrologers tried to predict it, obviously, they've always been wrong.

The Thema Mundi was born around those ancient times, but it has nothing to do with an hypothetical "birth of the world". As pointed out, it doesn't respect a factual positioning of the sky bodies, so it's not a chart.
The Thema Mundi is actually one of the oldest pieces of schematic astrology we have. It explains where the planets have their domiciles, nothing more. It's a didactic piece, not a revelation.