Mars, the Bringer of War: What It Means In Your Chart

divine g

Banned
Well, I would really enjoy hearing some of what you've discovered meditating on the planetary energies. From what you've said so far, you've gotten a good grasp on Mars. Link me if possible.

I've been here for a couple of years, you can check my profile for all the threads I've started, and threads I've posted on. I've had my share of "battles" intellectually on here, but it's all in good fun for me, a learning experience, and can only sharpen my sword. This was my meditation on the evolution of the signs, which kind of gets into what you were saying. That even a sign's "bad" traits are there for a reason, and comes with evolution, from the starting point of survival, with the first sign of Aries.
"Evolution of the Signs from Aries to Pisces" also gets into the cyclical nature of things. A lot of it is based on actual people and how they express their energies. It was a real quick, and real rough blueprint, far from a final treatise.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40847

(Also, with my quote above, I meant my Mars conjunct Saturn.)
By the way, I'm a Gemini Sun, so I totally understand your gift for fiery intellectual debate.

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
If I did, it was out of genuine concern and not (condescendingly) wanting you to get into trouble over this as they are pretty s** t hot here on matters like this ....and trust me I have been in deep sh**t myself so I know what I'm talking about...

Yes, I know that we had already "squashed" that "beef". But that's Mars, his first instinct is to react combatively, bc you can never be sure. But also, I think the point was, there must also be some badly aspected Martian energy in your chart, bc there was really no reason to assume I was copying and pasting someone else's words, I have a track record here of knowing my stuff.

So again, what's going on with your Mars that made you jump to that conclusion? What are its house, sign and aspects, if you don't mind my asking?

RaptInReverie

I've been here for a couple of years, you can check my profile for all the threads I've started, and threads I've posted on. I've had my share of "battles" intellectually on here, but it's all in good fun for me, a learning experience, and can only sharpen my sword. This was my meditation on the evolution of the signs, which kind of gets into what you were saying. That even a sign's "bad" traits are there for a reason, and comes with evolution, from the starting point of survival, with the first sign of Aries.
Evolution of the Signs from Aries to Pisces. Also gets into the cyclical nature of things. A lot of is based on actual people and how they express their energies. It was a real quick, and real rough blueprint, far from a final treatise.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40847

(Also, with my quote above, I meant my Mars conjunct Saturn.)
By the way, I'm a Gemini Sun, so I totally understand your gift for fiery intellectual debate.

Astrologer has Mars in Gemini like me, but she says it doesn't have this effect. HA!

Love2Know

My mars in CAPRICORN FOR THE WIN *Dances on your gemini mars
It like down plays my mars energy into a quiet endurance race?

Now if you had read this thread from start to end you would know. OP has mars in gemini (like myself) his in 9th and mine in 5th well aspected.

divine g

Banned
Now if you had read this thread from start to end you would know. OP has mars in gemini (like myself) his in 9th and mine in 5th well aspected.

Yeah, so you're Mars is in 5th, you like to fight for fun. Bingo. 5th is house of pleasure, Mars is god of war, a good fight is entertainment for you. Not judging, bc that's human nature. That's why boxing and sports are so big, ppl like to see a good fight. So I guess, you have a gift for starting them, so other ppl can enjoy watching.

(And like I said above in my first post, I didn't get to read all the responses. That's Mars again, saw a fight, and was quick to jump in. He's real rude and impatient like that :biggrin:)

Last edited:
What qualifies something as well aspected?

all depends on the planets really whether it's benefic or malific.

malefics are saturn, uranus, neptune and pluto.....

easy aspects (depending on planets) are sextiles 60' and trines 120'

some planets get along well, others really don't get along well at all...

Astrologer50,

Write in your own words what Mars' role is in the natal chart. Let's really discuss this now.

AGAIN I say I don't want to discuss archetypes or generalities as I have repeatedly said on this thread. I prefer to SEE charts and take an overall view rather than just take on planet or aspect out of context.....

divine g

Banned
Astrologer50, what planets aspect your Mars, specifically Mercury? Bc a "good" aspect, just bc it's an easy one doesn't mean it's good. It may show that it's easy for you to get into arguments, as opposed to a "bad" aspect, that may block this energy, sometimes for your own protection. My Saturn conj Mars, has saved my life, probably, I'm sure.

All of "your" interpretations are based from others' views. Both my Mercury and Pluto are well aspected in my chart.

[acting like a Moderator in comment when NOT a moderator - Moderator]

BUT you have an additional aspect called *declination* which acts like mercury opp pluto......

Last edited by a moderator:

divine g

Banned
I'm sorry...we can't all have perfect charts *dripping with irony* attack via astrology is seriously immature. :sick:

It's not about attacking, it's about understanding potential weaknesses. If you saw someone with something stuck in your teeth, it would be passively-aggressively attacking them to not say something. If anything, we're helping each other see ourselves clearer.

Friendly intellectual sparring or constructive criticism is different from an "attack"

It's not about attacking, it's about understanding potential weaknesses. If you saw someone with something stuck in your teeth, it would be passively-aggressively attacking them to not say something. If anything, we're helping each other see ourselves clearer.

Friendly intellectual sparring or constructive criticism is different from an "attack"

I just don't see how constructive it is to pinpoint certian aspects one may have in the heat of an argument and throw it in one's face. Seems like weaponry.

divine g

Banned
I just don't see how constructive it is to pinpoint certian aspects one may have in the heat of an argument and throw it in one's face. Seems like weaponry.

I dont know who you're referring to, but if it's me pointing out to astrologer50 that her Mars in 5th shows a potential for one who likes fights, I'm not attacking her thru her aspects. Before I knew that, I could already see it!

But it's ok, hopefully astrologer50 can learn something about herself, and it may save her some trouble some day. As for me, I'm already aware of my faults, I know I cant resist a good fight or debate myself. What ppl see in themselves, they can see in others.

Also, there's also the law of karma here. Astrologer50 and I had a bit of history b4 this, some unfinished business, so to speak, and hopefully we can move forward with a better understanding of each other. I use Astrology here to clarify things, not to attack (unless of course I feel I was personally attacked first, and that was true in my case.) But it's all water under the bridge, we're all learning here.

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
Tuth of it is ~ 12th house Moon-ruled Cancer. You don't even see it coming. Mohammed Ali.
Big talk. Deadly walk.
In perspective, alwYs.