Natal Chart Reading

AriesSun100

Hello Everybody,
If anyone could analyze my chart, it would be greatly appreciated. I have had a lot of troubles my entire life, is this a natal chart issue or a transit issue? Do you see anything in my natal chart that shows that my entire life will be hard?
Can anyone say something about my career? I am thinking about grad school, but I don't know what direction to go.

Thanks so much!:smile:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello Everybody,

I am sort of new to astrology, and I think the best way to learn is to start with your own chart.

But I have a hard time putting things together.
Hello AriesSun100 :smile:

keep in mind that:

A PLANET acts

and
A HOUSE shows the area of life in which a planet acts

as well as
how strongly a planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

Houses show how strongly a planet can act because of several factors
One of those factors is angularity
Planets located on angles are strongly placed to act

BUT
the ways planets places on angles act
is a variable dependent on a planets condition

MEANWHILE

A SIGN shows the quality of a planet's expression.

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

so then

working from that idea
build on it

by

- selecting a natal planet
Locating which house that natal planet is in
Assessing how comfortable that natal planet is when placed in that natal sign
Checking what that planet rules in the natal chart

keeping in mind that
An understanding of planetary dignity and debility
is useful for assessing how comfortable a planet is in a particular sign

GregoryRozek-astrological-tables-01.png

HOW TO READ PTOLEMYS DIGNITIES WITH TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

Fixed Stars may add useful detail

FIXED STAR INFO from renowned expert Anne Wright FREE at http://constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm

FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY
http://constellationsofwords.com/cat...atalrobson.htm

2016 FREE EPHEMERIS FILES :smile:
TO CHECK CURRENT LOCATION OF TRANSITING PLANETS
9000 EPHEMERIS also FREE - click on the required Century, then the year
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

AriesSun100

Hello,

Is something wrong with my chart? I feel like other charts are being analyzed, but mine keeps getting skipped. Did I say anything wrong?:love:

AriesSun100

I would love to hear people's opinion on my chart! I know all of it doesn't have to be true, so I will take the info with a grain of salt. I didn't give my birthday and location because I didn't want that info to bias the chart reading. But I am 100% sure of my birth time. My dad recorded the time in the delivery room while my mom was giving birth to me :biggrin:

AriesSun100

Can someone please help. I'm really desperate to hear someone's opinion as to why my life is so hard. Please.

I added a new chart with progressions and transits.

Thanks.

waybread

AriesSun100, you do have what I would call a "difficult chart." You incarnated with some real life challenges, but also with the energy and courage to face and even defy them.

1. Pluto opposite sun often shows up in the charts of people with a dysfunctional relationship with their father. With Pluto opposite your Aries stellium, you may have a real fear of being controlled by people whom you deem to be bullying, domineering, and aggressive. This can lead to the philosophy that "the best defense is a good offense," when actually the others oftentimes weren't trying to be your enemy at all.

2. You've got a real paradox with those independent active Aries planets in the 7th house. This is the traditional house of committed partnerships such as marriage, but it is also the house of "open enemies"-- the ones you identify vs. the secretive back-stabbing sorts. Aries needs to be independent, yet the 7th house asks for a long-term commitment to someone else.

3. Then your powerful moon (emotional nature) in Cancer truly longs to merge with other people, be they close friends, a lover, or even co-workers. So there's a head-heart conflict between your Aries sun and Cancer moon. It's as though you fend people off with a stick at the same time that you long for emotional closeness. This dissonance between your sense of identity and your emotional needs may make you feel emotionally moody, such that a vicious circle sets in.

4. With that first house Jupiter retrograde and Saturn, you may come across to other people as thinking that you know more than they do and being critical of them-- even when you don't mean to. I suspect that mostly you don't expect other people to like you, so that is the "face" that people see.

I think the best way around this is to befriend people who also need their space. With so much Aries in your chart, a good athletic activity that requires a partner, such as fencing, tennis or another racquet sport might be very beneficial.

Try to experience your Cancerian love for people. Yes, they may hurt your feelings, and leave you feeling exposed and vulnerable. At times you may give and not receive. But AriesSun100, you have strength and courage to burn! With a chart like yours, you have had to be very, very strong-- on a survival level. You can handle a bit more hurt in the quest for friends and loved ones. Your north node of personal growth lies in the 11th house of friends. So this is a good area to develop.

One really harmonious area of your chart is that nice Venus-Mars-sun trine to Neptune. You probably have a rich imagination. So long as it doesn't become escapism to compensate for the difficulties you experience, I hope you can develop it-- even if just as a hobby. Try a class in art or film-making, and see what happens! Or keep a journal for your private poetry collection. Just something so that your creative artistic side has an outlet.

In terms of career, do you know if your birth time is accurate? I ask because your MC is right on the cusp, and it does matter which sign it's in.

Generally graduate school is for people who know what they want to do, and who acquired the credentials as undergrads for admission into a specific program. With your strong 7th house emphasis, however, you might think about law school, as that 7th house of "open enemies" includes litigation. That 10th house moon might like to "parent" people in some way-- note that lawyers are sometimes called "counselor."

I think you would also be good as a physical education teacher.

Incidentally, your chart doesn't show your Part of Fortune, which you can input on the Astrodienst free charts pages. This indicates an area of your life that is likely to go well for you, so it is worth making its acquaintance.

david starling

This is a great divide between Placidian and Whole-sign houses! Waybread, what's your personal experience with the latter?

Last edited:

waybread

David, I tend to read the chart "as it lays" in the thread unless there is question about the accuracy of the birth time, or the chart house system just doesn't seem to describe the person or situation at hand. The discrepancy between whole signs and Placidus is greatest for people with a late degree rising or on the MC, as is the case with this chart. Given the very late degree rising in this chart, I'd stick with Placidus as the Aries stellium would remain in the 7th house even with Libra rising instead of Virgo.

AriesSun100

OMG Waybread, you answered! I love you! I was starting to think I had some plague that everyone was trying to avoid. LOL.

You hit the nail on the head on many points. Overall, that was a great analysis. I need some time to gather my thoughts and give you some feedback. But thank you so much for telling me I have courage; you don't know how much that means to me:) In the past few years, I feel like I've lost a lot of who I was; I have become fearful and sad.

Katydid, thank you so much for giving me a reading. I can't wait to read your analysis:)

waybread

Hey, no problem-- and thanks for the feedback.

I meant what I wrote about courage. With so much Aries (including a domiciled Mars) in your chart, you have the soul of the warrior. The key is to find the warrior's quest or just cause.

The generational Pluto-Uranus square in Capricorn-Aries has been hitting a lot of your folks with planets in cardinal signs. Just now Pluto is messing with your moon, so emotionally you may feel as though a big part of you has lost its center.

We see a lot of "please read my chart" requests on this forum, and the site's software rapidly moves older threads to the bottom of the deck, so there's nothing personal when some of them are unanswered.

Last edited:

Charon

Hi AriesSun100,

If you would like specific advice about your love life or career some extra info would be useful. Astrology isn't exactly magic and any chart interpretation will have a gamut of virtually infinite different posibilities depending on context. Even virtually identical charts will be interpreted differently depending on culture and gender.

However, I'll give you a few general insights into potential dificulties with your personality that hopefully you'll find useful. Don't take anything I say too personally and understand that at the end of the day these are opinions.

The major theme that I see in this chart is struggle between yourself, your environment and others. You've got Pluto in your first house in Libra ASC opposite your Stellium that includes Sun, Mars and Venus in Seventh house Aries. This is a very intense aspect and it makes your chart very plutonic, or in other words very "Scorpio". The main keyword of Scorpio is "I want" and the major themes that you will face are power struggles with authority, and your personal relations. Another aspect of pluto or Scorpio is an intense sensitivity. This is further highlighted in your chart with the Moon in Cancer in square aspect to your Stellium and to you Saturn. It's this intense sensitivity that is probably at the root of the power struggles, as the necessity for power and control are often birthed from a deep vulnerability and insecurity. Considering all of the stuff going on with your moon, I think it's pretty safe to say that a lot of your insecurities and depressions are directly linked to your relationship with your mother growing up. It's going to be paramount for you to come to terms with with these issues and to accept yourself for who you are in order to develop as a person. Also with Jupiter involved in the Moon-Saturn square aspect be carefull of excesses related to self comforting behavior such as over-eating and drinking too much, partying or drugs (Neptune square Juptier). Abusing these things are especially dangerous for you and it's better to do them in strict moderation if at all.

As far as your love life goes there are plenty of challenges once again related to the general structure of your map. With so many planets including your Sun in the seventh it is a sign that you are looking to find your own sense of identity, your strength of will and your capacity to love through your romantic relationships. It is likely that you are deeply attracted to strong independant dynamic personalities and you also probably have a streak of living vicariously through them. Finding in them what you may feel you lack in yourself, which is to say a strong sense of identity and of willpower. However, there are problems with continuing to pursue such relationships. For one, making someone else the Sun of your universe hinders the development of your own self, and this development is incredibly important for a Pluto-Sun person such as yourself as the major hurdle in life is defining your identity and overcoming your own ego. By leaning on others to fill the void you yourself have not figured out how to fill, you are sort of unconsciously making them the enemy of your own ego, and setting up the relationship for failure before it even begins. With this placement it is not uncommon for you to unconsciously sabotage the relationship all the while blaming the other person for the failures. Even many years after the relationship has failed you may continue to feel betrayed or let down by someone when in reality the source of the breakup was yourself, and your own insecurities regarding your own ego. In fact this very trait, of blaming others and the world around you for dificulties and failures is the major theme in the chart that will be echoed not only through your closest personal relationships but throughout every single aspect of your life.

The great lesson here, and it's a tough one, is that you must start to learn to accept that the source of the problems in and around your life are not coming from the outside, but are a product of yourself! Harsh, I know. But if you want to begin to take control of your life you are going to have to accept this, and be willing to go through a deconstruction of the perception you hold on yourself and the world around you... in other words, partake of an Ego death and rebirth experience. Strong stuff but with Pluto in the first house you were built for these type of transformational experiences. Beginning to get into astrology is perhaps a good first step, and I urge you to continue to trying to find a way to understand yourself and define who you are. With your chart it will be more important for yourself to figure things out on your own, then for any astrologist or psychologist to tell you what to do or how to do it. It is you alone who can really venture into the plutonic depths of your first house and find out who you are and what you'll become.

Last edited:

Charon

I'm still learning about the Houses. Why does 7th House Aries bring in Scorpio? Wouldn't that be 8th, as it would be with Whole-signs? Thanks!

Hi David, it's not the seventh house per se, but Pluto in the first house opposite the Sun (and Stellium). Pluto in the first is a dominant force in and of itself but you add to that its direct aspect with those three personal planets and it becomes the major theme IMO. (Pluto rules Scorpio)

Last edited:

Charon

So, if (using Whole-signs) Pluto were in the 2nd opposing all of that in the 8th, would Pluto still be a major influence? Thanks again!

Definitely! Any sun-pluto aspect would be major. The difference would be that being in the second-eighth house the Pluto-Sun issues would not be as existential as in the first house. The problem would be one more related to sex, money, and the individuals capacity to become self-reliant in a more concrete and material way.

As it stands on this chart the Pluto - Sun dilemma is manifested as a struggle to define ones core identity. The individual is projecting his core identity (sun) and his willpower(mars), his loving nature(venus) onto his close personal relations. (Seventh House) However in doing so, he moves away from Pluto who demands acknowledment. Pluto is the most powerful of all the planets, and having it in the first house, or the house of self, it makes the person experience all the traits of Pluto (hunger for power and control, depth of understanding, and absolute emotional security) in a completely direct way. Problem is that as powerful as Pluto is it never expresses itself explicitly. It is a Planet that works in hidden ways. For this reason a lot of the Pluto dilemmas are experienced unconsciously. The individual who is holding himself back is not aware he is doing so, and instead projects all of the deep insecurities and frustrations that arise from neglecting (or over-indulging) his first house Pluto onto the world around him.

In order to learn how to balance the first house Pluto with the Seventh house Sun the individual must first understand and un-earth all the secrets that Pluto is hiding there in the first house. This requires a profound and transformative journey into ones very depths. It is the archetyple journey of the Scorpio, who must die and become reborn over and over again throughout his life in order to evolve.

katydid

I will admit that I did start a couple of times previously to write a bit about this chart. And I got lazy and didn't follow through because it is a complex chart. I confuse myself trying to unpack it. LOL

This is not an easy chart to summarize because of the polarity and duality aspecting many levels. You are an individualist, markedly independent, a self motivated go getter [Aries emphasis]--- even though you probably crave close,interdependent relationships[Libra opposition], yet you want a lot of privacy, total secrecy and security, like a hermit[Cancer Moon T-square]--, although you want to be intimately involved in the lives of those closest to you and expect some transparency. [Neptune Tsquare conjunct IC] These squares create tension in your life because no matter which way you turn, there is another part of you pointing in another direction. I am not sure if I am explaining it clearly. But it has to do with the built in polarities in the chart.

Although you have Virgo rising, it is 29 degrees, so the first house, is mostly Libra. The house of the Individual then is housing the sign of the partner and relationships. [<<<polarity] Then we look to the 7th to see how smooth or easy it might be to form Libran partnerships and we see a 7th house full of ARIES.

It is very hard to have so much Aries in one chart, let alone in it's opposite house. I love Aries energy. I have none but I have been married 33 years to an Aries with a Cancer Moon, so I understand some of the issues here. It is uniquely creative/annoying/brilliant/problematic to have such a profound Cardinal Dynamic as yours. You have an inner polarity, living breathing within you. DEPENDENCE vs INDEPENDENCE. AAArrrggghhhhh

I see so much strength, enthusiasm, zeal, love for life and yet it is kind of bottled up, pent up, held under someone else's thumb. Pluto opposing from the 1st feels like a blockage, a barrier that is repressing some of that fiery Aries, independent energy. Maybe there is a feeling of dependence upon others in authority, or big responsibilities, that feel overwhelming. Financial obligations, family responsibilities that feel burdensome? Trying to live up to others expectations? Not wanting to disappoint others?

That tremendously awesome, courageous Aries fire is being challenged also by the deep dark waters of Cancer. Your Cancer Moon has a lot of difficult squares and is in the 10th, not an easy place for the crab that wants to burrow in a private cove. You feel exposed, vulnerable, out in the open in the public 10th. That is awkward, uncomfortable and creates anxiety.

Almost all of the planets and angles are caught up in these polarized squares. HOWEVER there is a very nice release point==Uranus @29Scorpio in the 3rd. Metaphysical knowledge can help you tremendously. You have the ability to understand theses symbols. Not every one can comprehend them. You have that archaic, transcendental, metaphysical understanding from a deep inner knowing. Your Uranus and Neptune are the release points with all of the trines and sextiles.

That means that your emphasis in work/career could maybe be Global in nature. Learning about, teaching about, researching about Global trends, influences, geo-political indicators.[Jupiter/Saturn sextile Uranus trine Mercury , ruer mc and 12th]But you do not need to go abroad because those release points are in your 3 rd house. Pretty close to home. Some travels but not so much international. {see,-- more polarity===Global influences but relating to your home region…? ]

Chiron is in Taurus in the 8th. Another interesting polarity in that you might feel vulnerable, uncomfortable about your own financial security at this time and yet with Aries ruling that 8th house, and your huge stable of Aries energy in reserve, waiting to be released, OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY will probably be your greatest strength/talent. Working in law/finance/contracts
will be a solid choice on some level, especially if it involves international securities/laws/currencies. [Venus trine Neptune, venus rules 2nd, taurus in 8th]

Your 3rd house is your savior. Friends, co-workers, neighbors, siblings, Commerce, sales, distribution, Data, facts. Staying RATIONAL, precise, factual, relevant can help you wade through the inner tension of the squaring planets.

Already, by progression, these planets are moving out of squares and into trines. And transiting Pluto is forming the 'missing leg' of your TSquare to the Cancer Moon. Thus in the next year or so, while Pluto in Capricorn builds up your work/career foundation, it will give you the emotional foundation and freedom to live out your other desires. You will find a way to honor all of your quirky needs by building a life for yourself, based upon your career ambitions. Pluto rules your 3rd so you might need to travel to establish a new home base. 3rd house is regional travel, not far flung movement.

It will all fall into place. I can feel it. :wink:

david starling

Katydid, everything makes sense to me except "...yet with Aries ruling that 8th house..."
I really like the way you identified "release points". Thanks!