Using Planetary Patterns. The Bundle. Harrison Ford

Therese

Perhaps the ‘ship’ is primarily concerned with its own operation. It doesn’t pay much attention to the winds, or completion (e.g. anchoring itself to the dock, which would require thinking outside one’s self and one’s needs). It just does its own thing and attempt to do it well.
I can see why, from the outside, the bundle looks like they are tending to their own self and needs - the object of their focus may seem arbitrary and/or insignificant to most people. But chances are it's not how they themselves perceive it. They may experience it as dedicating themselves to something important and/or meaningful.

It's quite likely that a serious interest in something - anything - will eventually lead to a greater perspective, because it's the nature of life. It's a network. Nothing stands on its own, everything and everyone is embedded in a context. And when you swap from let's say linguistics to psychology, you don't forget your competence in linguistics when you become a psychologist.

For example, we know that Harrison Ford's major interests include carpentry, philosophy (he quit college just before graduation), acting, aviation and the protection of nature.

I imagine that the difference between him and a see-saw person with the same interests would be that a see-saw native could have these items on his list kind of "in bulk" or in parallel. But for the bundle, there is an internal logic or thread that keeps it all together. For example they switched from linguistics to psychology because one somehow led to the other. I think that's what Jones means when he says that the bundle native is the "creator or proponent of an exclusive and well-integrated world".

JUPITERASC

What you want to know is where the ship can go,
which makes sense, considering it's a means of travel.
But

everybody is dependent on the winds of fate,

whatever pattern they have in their chart.
Robert Schmidt http://www.projecthindsight.com/index1.html

says that the sect light
(usually also the predominator)
"summons the wind".

AND SO

IN THE CONTEXT OF THE NAUTICAL METAPHOR
what the sect light is doing is

generating wind for the sails of your ship :smile:
so that you can reach your destination / destiny
https://www.astrology-x-files.com/software/systemofhermes.html
Oh, I was mentally comparing a Bundle nativity with say, a See Saw, or Splash, but thoughts were going too fast. :smile:
What I thinking was that…with the effect of transits on a See Saw/Splash, some areas may not be working well, but others generally will be, due to the inherent balance in the chart. But because the Bundle is so focused in a limited domain, there’s no such life balance.
The hypothesis being,

when the ‘winds’ are just right and thus propelled,
they absolutely soar.

Depending on the makeup of the Bundle / ship of course.
But when the ‘winds’ are not right, they either just coast along
or it can be a disaster, if the ship isn’t contructed well.
It looks more extreme to me.
That’s true. Perhaps the ‘ship’ is primarily concerned with its own operation. It doesn’t pay much attention to the winds, or completion
(e.g. anchoring itself to the dock,
which would require thinking outside one’s self and one’s needs).
It just does its own thing and attempt to do it well.

Yet, going back to the winds again :biggrin:...
when the winds are right, do they fight with all they've got?

Is your chart a Bundle as well?
Not a Bundle or Bowl.
It looks like a Bucket to me.
That could be GB’s next topic.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
For example, we know that Harrison Ford's major interests include carpentry, philosophy (he quit college just before graduation), acting, aviation and the protection of nature.

I was going to save this for later. But we might as well get into it now, for the midpoint review.

“The thrust of any Wedge Pattern is toward the center of the unoccupied area of the chart. This is exactly opposite the boundary trine’s midpoint, and indicates what the native is really after: what their ultimate goal in life is. The thrust or drive of the Wedge is lessened if it has no boundary trine, but it is still the point opposite the midpoint of the boundary planets.” Source:http://www.myastrologybook.com/wedge-bundle-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm

Uranus/Neptune = 0 Leo. (?)

Hence Neptune/Uranus = 0 Leo, 10th. Opposite = 0 Aquarius, 4th.

0 degree of all signs tend to be the purest manifestation of the energy of the sign it is located in.

So we are involving a solid, double dose of Aquarian energy (sigh that rules aviation, technology, the digital world, humanitarian activities, philanthropy, friends / acquaintances and science); with 4th house (land, home, family, roots, property, ancestral heritage).

As previously mentioned, Ford's interests included aviation and conservation of nature. A quick wiki gives you involvement with Conservation International and filming an environmental documentaries.

Marrying the 4th and Aquarius energy, I dare say his humanitarian contributions to the protection of nature is actually his true life's work. And what he truly cares about deep in his heart. Not movies, not all the fluff he's widely known for.

Therese

“The thrust of any Wedge Pattern is toward the center of the unoccupied area of the chart. This is exactly opposite the boundary trine’s midpoint, and indicates what the native is really after: what their ultimate goal in life is. The thrust or drive of the Wedge is lessened if it has no boundary trine, but it is still the point opposite the midpoint of the boundary planets.” Source:http://www.myastrologybook.com/wedge-bundle-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm

That's one interpretation.

Another is Michael Meyer, who says: "The center of gravity of the mass of planets may serve as an indicator for the nature of the individual's motivation." (A Handbook for the Humanistic Astrologer).

Points opposite highlighted midpoints can be important, but I don't agree that "this is what the native is really after". It sounds more like an attempt to somehow bring the dynamic of the opposition into the interpretation. Depending on the chart of the person who is doing the reading, it may or may not be a useful tool. What I mean is that there are as many stereotypes about people with no oppositions as about Scorpios. If an astrologer will give a more nuanced and sensitive reading of the native when they include a point opposing the bundle (because they have an opposition in their chart and it is a major part of their own psychology, for example), it can work, I guess. We all experience the world through ourselves, and we can and should work with what we have. But I still don't agree that this opposite point outweighs the ten planets in the formation.

Last edited:

david starling

We have a transiting Bowl pattern going on now. Moon, Sun, and all 8 Planets are occupying one hemisphere.
Interesting that the SN has 5 on one side and 5 on the other.

Last edited:

Shanti

Came across a bundle chart yesterday in another discussion on another forum. I thought I post it here as I already have it saved on the computer.

This is the two atomic boms dropped over Hiroshima 6th august 1945.
And also the bomb at Nagasaki some days later at 9th august 1945.

Seems like mars (weapons, bombs) is leading planet.....Pluto sun is at the gravity of the pattern. Seems apt as pluto is much associated with atomic formula.

The first bomb was more uranium based the second more atomic plutonium based. Which seems to be reflected in the two charts.
First one with uranus at MC...the other with pluto more elevated and just after a new moon conjunct this pluto......

Attachments

• Uranian and atomic bomb.jpg
    Uranian and atomic bomb.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 31

greybeard

Agree with Therese...the midpoint shows the point of balance, self-harmony, fulfillment, motivation.

When the point opposite is occupied by a planet, as in the bucket pattern, then the power is focused in that point.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Well, it's not really about being right. Its about not letting a realistic pattern observation go to waste. And examining fully what this is about, before adding on other natals, to see if an astrological hypothesis can be proved, or thus disproved.

In this case, Ford has no planet in Aquarius or any planets in the 4th house. Yet based on verifiable facts, he has served on the board of Conservation International for more than 25 years, and counts aviation and nature as his two passions. (Aviation is a toss-up, some would say its Aquarius ruled, others Uranus/9th, natal placements he does have.) Yet his Humanitarian / Environmentalist activities are both Aquarian and 4th house matters, placements he does not possess. 4th rules land, the quality and nature of the ground.[1]

The burning question is: Why?

Was this a shallow gesture for publicity? A mere coincidence to the original hypothesis? Or was it a genuine motivation stemming from something or somewhere that's unseen from solely the Bundle and hemisphere placements?

As an unrelated but conceptual example, I am just getting into Harmonic charts now. There are certain configurations in the Harmonic charts that cannot be discerned from my natal. As I have no Ptolemic aspects between particular patterns in question. Yet some configurations describe me on a soul level, that eclipses every single Ptolemic aspect, or planet-house placement I have.

A similar and less dramatic example is the modern Quindecile aspect, an aspect of burning obsession. Powerful, but not easily seen either if one view the natal with only a cursory viewpoint.

I believe there are hidden, powerful points within the natal, that does not depend on planet/house placements and/or Ptolemic aspects. Of course, activation greatly depends on the nativity, and obtaining enough samples for a conclusion is not easy.

Yet, when you see astrological theories that is verified, at least somewhat in reality, I believe its worth paying attention to and digging into the Why.

[1] Deborah Houlding, The Houses: Temples of the Sky (Ascella Publications, 1998)

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Two Air-sign rulers in an Air-sign, and Asc in the Air-sign of Balance, which includes the Balance of Nature: Aviation and Conservation.

Still doesn't indicate passion or obsession to me. And there are perhaps hundreds with similar configurations who does not have the same passions in aviation or conservation. :biggrin:

But I am digressing from the original Neptune-Uranus, Bundle style, "ship" analysis.

david starling

Still doesn't indicate passion or obsession to me. :biggrin: And there are perhaps hundreds with similar configurations who does not have the same "passions".

But I am digressing from the original Neptune-Uranus, Bundle style, "ship" analysis.

All right, here's a method I use: Start with the Sign the Asc is in, find it's ruler, which is :venus: in Gemini, ruled by Mercury in :cancer:, ruled by Moon in :cancer:. So, it's heart-felt and personal--not for public image.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
All right, here's a method I use: Start with the Sign the Asc is in, find it's ruler, which is :venus: in Gemini, ruled by Mercury in :cancer:, ruled by Moon in :cancer:. So, it's heart-felt and personal-not for public image.

Moon's combust, so ineffective. And if the modern placements explain Aviation and Conservation its only logical to find 5+ cases of similar placement and see if similar interests apply. If not, then those are out. :biggrin:

david starling

The big thing for me, is according more power and authority to the cutting edge, prow of the ship, :uranus:, than it would have in any other type of pattern I know. I've been applying this concept, and getting good results. So, kudos to Graybeard for bringing these patterns to our attention.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Traditional is derivative from Egyptian and Babylonian. It's an ongoing process.

That’s why we shouldn’t discount newer hypothesis, as a crucial part of on-going process! :joyful:

The big thing for me, is according more power and authority to the cutting edge, prow of the ship, :uranus:, than it would have in any other type of pattern I know. I've been applying this concept, and getting good results. So, kudos to Graybeard for bringing these patterns to our attention.

Yeah lets go back to the Ship analogy, the dominating trine, the leading and trailing planets. We didn’t finish there.