Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

david starling

As it happens, we all live in countries based on christian values (or used to). Were we learn to help the sick and the poor, and those that can't help themselves. I'm for one, more than happy to help others with what I can. Problem is that if the goverment taxes me for 70% of my money (as it happens here in Argentina), I really don't have much left to give.

What people in the right-wing spectrum reject, is goverment compulsion. I for one, advocate charity. What I don't want is a useless politician getting involved in my private life so he can leech of my earnings.

What in the h*ll are they doing with those tax-dollars? Nothing for an adequate Safety-net? Or, a sizable tax-deduction for charitable contributions?

david starling

What Bernie advocates is a giant goverment bureaucracy with regulations that will control most industries. Big goverment leads to cronysm, which leads to corruption. That is what happened in Venezuela.

He also wants high taxes, for the "tippy-top" (around 70%) which would kill investment in most industries.

Chavez nationalized the only major source of income for Venezuela, without just compensation to the private owners. That, and the drop in the price of oil is what killed the Venezuelan economy.

Dirius

What in the h*ll are they doing with those tax-dollars? Nothing for an adequate Safety-net? Or, a sizable tax-deduction for charitable contributions?

In order to get a deduction you need to give to a charitable institution with tax-exempt status. So if I decide to give $50 to a homeless person living in the street, I can't write it off can I?

Also, you can only deduct income tax, and there is a limit of 50%. And I'm using your country as an example, because in Argentina the limit of charitable deductions is significantly less. And what is worse, I still have to pay the salary of the man that will give me my deduction, so I'm paying him so he can refund me my own money. Makes sense right?

david starling

In order to get a deduction you need to give to a charitable institution with tax-exempt status. So if I decide to give $50 to a homeless person living in the street, I can't write it off can I?

Also, you can only deduct income tax, and there is a limit of 50%. And I'm using your country as an example, because in Argentina the limit of charitable deductions is significantly less. And what is worse, I still have to pay the salary of the man that will give me my deduction, so I'm paying him so he can refund me my own money. Makes sense right?

Does Argentina have anything equivalent to our Food Stamps?

Dirius

Does Argentina have anything equivalent to our Food Stamps?

We have different subsidy programs that give monthly checks to poor people, mainly those with kids. There are many of them. We also have a subsidised energy and gas for poor people. We have other programs for disabled people.

To be honest, this isn't the biggest problem in the country (aside from the fact that it gives political parties control over poor people), and its not even the first place were I would do cuts, but rather the inmense amount of goverment workers that don't contribute anything to the economy and leech of the state.

david starling

We have different subsidy programs that give monthly checks to poor people, mainly those with kids. There are many of them. We also have a subsidised energy and gas for poor people. We have other programs for disabled people.

To be honest, this isn't the biggest problem in the country (aside from the fact that it gives political parties control over poor people), and its not even the first place were I would do cuts, but rather the inmense amount of goverment workers that don't contribute anything to the economy and leech of the state.

I see what you're saying, except that they are spending their income on goods and services, which helps the businesses hire more people and sell more products than just at the subsistence level. There's a lot of executive and middle-management leeching going on in the private sector as well.
Right-wingers do tend to demand higher performance standards than left-wingers, but there's a happy medium where the work's getting done well enough in a relaxed way without having to constantly "crack the whip".

IleneK

Premium Member
Ilene, are you using the Outermosts in any way whatsoever in Chart-readings? :unsure:

Sorry to take so long to reply, David, this one just got by me.
I occasionally use the outers in modern psychological astrology, but mostly for just a tiny bit of seasoning.
Because most of the time, you can see everything pretty well without the outers...or Chiron. And I say this with the outers having some very important aspects in my natal chart.

unique_astrology

AOC’s progressed chart has the July 2nd total solar eclipse on her Jupiter but it is also opposite her progressed Saturn and Neptune with eclipse Saturn and Pluto on her progressed IC.

"Ilhan Omar: New York man charged with threatening to assault and kill ..."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/06/politics/ilhan-omar-new-york-threat/index.html

"Syracuse man found guilty of threatening to kill Maxine Waters, Obama"

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2019...-threatening-to-kill-maxine-waters-obama.html

Attachments

• AOC Prog TSE.jpg
    AOC Prog TSE.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: