Has a Cancer ever manipulated you?

Starsareround

Hey for the first time ever I have a close Cancer friend. We've been friends about 5 years and I really adore her. She's incredibly smart and capable, and a house on fire type party host and just funny as hell and caring. However. She is pretty moody and really insecure to the point it makes my heart hurt for her. When she feels insecure/threatened, I see her engage in behaviors and attitudes that are well below her. I think it's probably typical Cancerian behavior and it doesn't bother me but I know some of her friends get truly fed up by the dark/manipulative stuff...

Lykanized

Hey for the first time ever I have a close Cancer friend. We've been friends about 5 years and I really adore her. She's incredibly smart and capable, and a house on fire type party host and just funny as hell and caring. However. She is pretty moody and really insecure to the point it makes my heart hurt for her. When she feels insecure/threatened, I see her engage in behaviors and attitudes that are well below her. I think it's probably typical Cancerian behavior and it doesn't bother me but I know some of her friends get truly fed up by the dark/manipulative stuff...

Don't feel bad for her. She may just have to go through those moods. Cancers are probably the strongest sign emotionally so we can put up with that **** in ourselves. Definitely whether others can is another story, but we pretty much live in those constant currents and know how to weather them

Starsareround

Don't feel bad for her. She may just have to go through those moods. Cancers are probably the strongest sign emotionally so we can put up with that **** in ourselves. Definitely whether others can is another story, but we pretty much live in those constant currents and know how to weather them

You got that right. She's master of her life and doesn't need any sympathy. I'm a fan of zee Cancers. I'm probably a bit of an opposite world attraction for them with my Moon conjunct Saturn coolness. I used to spend a lot of time with my Cancer friend trying help her "solve" her emotional problems until I realized oh hell there's no solving this and really no need to. Vive la difference!

ConfusedCrab

What is this dark manipulative stuff you speak of?

Starsareround

Hmm. Well, I've seen her butter people up just to pepper the conversation with backhanded compliments or even thinly veiled insults once they are good and comfortable. I've actually called her out on this and she does know she has issues with it. She kind of has a claw that comes out ifkwim. Totally goes back to her insecurities and serious childhood stuff. Keeps her safe by making sure others don't get too comfortable or something. Anyway, she has a lot of really fine qualities and none of us is perfect. She's a good example of a lovable crab...depending on your tolerance/understanding. I'm more understanding than most I think because A) I totally get her shitty childhood issues and B) She always has my back and is a great friend to me.

demetraceres

I'm sure we are dealing with stereotypes here. Are we talking about the Sun sign or strong cancer energies in the natal chart? It's not my experience that Cancer Sun is more manipulative than any other Sun sign. On the other hand, you can find real predators with any Sun sign, including Cancer. And they all have the same psychological mechanisms, regardless the sign.

Most Cancer Suns I know are self confident without manipulative traits and without trust issues. But you can find among them pathological liers and dangerous psychopats as well. In such cases some other reasons than innocent protecting mechanism and vulnerability might be at work.

Lykanized

Well, when it comes to trust issues, I do think experiencing one end of a spectrum enables access to the other side of the spectrum. Just like the sensitivity and emotionality of Cancers can actually lead to self assurance and confidence. I may be wrong on the trust thing, but that seems to be the case as far as I've seen. But since Cancers will generally engage their emotions, let themselves feel the truth of their emotions rather than run away, there's ability to reckon with them and find strength in them

Yes I'm talking generally here I know we're more than our sun signs

Osamenor

Staff member
All,

This is a PG-rated forum. Sexual talk isn't allowed.

That doesn't mean you have to pretend there's no such thing as sex, but when certain body parts start being mentioned, that's crossing the line. I've deleted a couple of posts for that reason.

Chat cleanly, or take it off this forum,
Osamenor

Osamenor

Staff member
And to follow up: as most of you have been reminded before, publicly accusing other members of being duplicate accounts is against the rules. If you suspect it, notify the moderators privately and let us take it from there.

Osamenor

Staff member
It's now PG to allow your children to change their sex because they choose to. This forum should get with the times

No, PG-13. The earliest a complete sex change can be done is puberty. :bandit:

Seriously, what I deleted was specific references to sexual body parts. Not the original non-explicit mention of sex change. If it's a word that potty-mouthed four-year-olds would love or twelve-year-olds would snicker at, it doesn't belong here.

Lykanized

I just wanna know.. can I talk about the ******* bobadook and imply Mars in Capricorns need manuals to engage in sexual intercourse now?

Blaze

Account Closed
In the past, those chesty ones could certainly manipulate.

Looking a bit backward, I've known some pretty manipulative Gemini.