What is my dominant planet? I'm confused...

Moondancing

Premium Member
Using a technique I learned from Chris Brennan who studies the techniques of our medieval astrologers. First you determine which luminary is stronger and then you use that luminary's ruler as your dominant planet. Sun is the dominant luminary and it's ruler is Jupiter. Looking up your birthday in the ephemeris I wanted to determine if Jupiter was stationary making it unable to move forward. It is not. As a matter of fact Jupiter will go direct at age 23. That is a page turner!

I use whole house signs and that puts Jupiter in your 10th house and is supported by David's numerology technique showing a fortunate birth number. Also, it changes that beautiful Cancer Moon into the 9th house of naturally ruled Jupiter.

Hang in there, high school is tough for most people.

MD

david starling

4gotten, just so you know, a very competent astrologer, conspiracy theorist, is discussing your Chart with me on the Random Thoughts thread in the Chat forum. :biggrin:

Forgotten Warrior

Using a technique I learned from Chris Brennan who studies the techniques of our medieval astrologers. First you determine which luminary is stronger and then you use that luminary's ruler as your dominant planet. Sun is the dominant luminary and it's ruler is Jupiter. Looking up your birthday in the ephemeris I wanted to determine if Jupiter was stationary making it unable to move forward. It is not. As a matter of fact Jupiter will go direct at age 23. That is a page turner!

I use whole house signs and that puts Jupiter in your 10th house and is supported by David's numerology technique showing a fortunate birth number. Also, it changes that beautiful Cancer Moon into the 9th house of naturally ruled Jupiter.

Hang in there, high school is tough for most people.

MD

I never knew about this technique,you learn something new everyday!
And thank you for this!
Age 23...in progressions,you mean?
And,yes,it's pretty tough...thank you for encouragement!

Whoam1

Mercury and Uranus and are your strongest planets following closely Saturn and Pluto. Using your sidreal chart makes more sense for your specific charts clarity FWI.

Sun in Aquarius is ruled by Uranus and Saturn, your Uranus is angular making it your most Expressive planet (breath, freedom, the birthing process). Saturn aspects your Sun very tightly giving your ego a survival complex that already lies in the sign of sidereal Aquarius.

As for mercury it aspects a moon in sidereal Gemini, its ruler so its illuminated as well as in dignity. Pluto is likely exalted in Gemini, what is Pluto doing in your chart, its aspecting your Sun.

So your 4 dignifed planets are all angular (expressive) or illuminated (they shine out).

So Uranus dignifed on an angle: rebellious, visionary, sexually uninhibited, fully open to to the wield around you you
Sun with Satur, and pluto: ego is intertwined with Survivability and Esotericalism. Thus makes you independent, and you march to a different drummer, discontent, controlled, shy but bold when protecting the innocent, withdrawn, drawn to extremes.
Moon with mercury is emotions intertwined with thoughts and the nervous system. You would be they type who doesnt take being insulted on a logical level very well.
Last big one I have to mention is Mars with moon, making your emotional state connected to your physicality, your probably a very horny and touch sensitive person.

Forgotten Warrior

Mercury and Uranus and are your strongest planets following closely Saturn and Pluto. Using your sidreal chart makes more sense for your specific charts clarity FWI.

Sun in Aquarius is ruled by Uranus and Saturn, your Uranus is angular making it your most Expressive planet (breath, freedom, the birthing process). Saturn aspects your Sun very tightly giving your ego a survival complex that already lies in the sign of sidereal Aquarius.

As for mercury it aspects a moon in sidereal Gemini, its ruler so its illuminated as well as in dignity. Pluto is likely exalted in Gemini, what is Pluto doing in your chart, its aspecting your Sun.

So your 4 dignifed planets are all angular (expressive) or illuminated (they shine out).

So Uranus dignifed on an angle: rebellious, visionary, sexually uninhibited, fully open to to the wield around you you
Sun with Satur, and pluto: ego is intertwined with Survivability and Esotericalism. Thus makes you independent, and you march to a different drummer, discontent, controlled, shy but bold when protecting the innocent, withdrawn, drawn to extremes.
Moon with mercury is emotions intertwined with thoughts and the nervous system. You would be they type who doesnt take being insulted on a logical level very well.
Last big one I have to mention is Mars with moon, making your emotional state connected to your physicality, your probably a very horny and touch sensitive person.

Yes,that's mostly true about me...
I'm not against Sidereal charts,so that's perfectly fine.
You described me to a T.

Whoam1

Yes,that's mostly true about me...
I'm not against Sidereal charts,so that's perfectly fine.
You described me to a T.

If I had to pick just one definitely Uranus. Its angularity puls dignity makes it very expressive and given that it's your only angular planet it is kid of screaming. I can see that visionary, help the world, humanitarian, cosmic intelligence in many of your posts.

Forgotten Warrior

If I had to pick just one definitely Uranus. Its angularity puls dignity makes it very expressive and given that it's your only angular planet it is kid of screaming. I can see that visionary, help the world, humanitarian, cosmic intelligence in many of your posts.

I never thought I had an Aquarius side in me...
Thank you for bringing this,because I never considered myself intelligent...

Whoam1

Your words and life asoeatrions screa? Uranus not Mars fwi. Words like "volunteer" "teach", not once have you said I want to go into the sex industry or have expressed physical drive as your main energy or motivater. [Reading many of your posts from many places on this site].

Forgotten Warrior

Your words and life asoeatrions screa? Uranus not Mars fwi. Words like "volunteer" "teach", not once have you said I want to go into the sex industry or have expressed physical drive as your main energy or motivater. [Reading many of your posts from many places on this site].

No,I'm clearly not interested in sex and things like that...

Last edited:

greybeard

This chart yields a mixed bag...the predominance of any one planet is weak. There are many candidates, and how they are placed in any hierarchical system is very much left to the judgment and inclinations of the astrologer.

Uranus is strong by angularity (4°). He will be prominent by any measure. He most directly influences 4th house affairs and brings upset to the domestic scene.

The chart pattern is a seesaw, and does not of itself point toward any particular planet.
There are oppositions in all 3 Qualities...no help there.

Sun is focal in the Common t-square, and in an angular house, repeating the 4th house stress signalled by Uranus.

I suggest using the traditional methods for determining the Almuten Figuris.

Last edited: