đź‘ŹCalling objective thinkersđź‘Ź: "The Higher Mind" topic

Bunraku

Alakazam is a pokemon that I suspect is a Gemini, but its psychic-type comparison, Metagross, is an Aquarius.

Metagross

metagross.jpg

See, Metagross is this way because it has been registered in his pokedex as having four brains that is similar to that of a supercomputer, and its steel body is unbending, which accounts for the its fixed nature (the similarities of astrological lore and its characteristics).

Alakazam
alakazam.jpg

Alakazam is known for his psychic abilities of the mind, and being able to twist and bend spoons, which is a metaphor for the bendable nature of Gemini. It is intelligent, with its IQ being in the extreme level, and its body being much more flexible, agile, and limber. He is quicker, which represents the quick nature of Mercury.

Both of these pokemon have leveled up and reached their highest evolved state, their final evolution, and have reached their maximum potential. This is a lesson applicable for all of us.

Mikehtc13

Alakazam is a pokemon that I suspect is a Gemini, but its psychic-type comparison, Metagross, is an Aquarius.

Metagross

metagross.jpg

See, Metagross is this way because it has been registered in his pokedex as having four brains that is similar to that of a supercomputer, and its steel body is unbending, which accounts for the its fixed nature (the similarities of astrological lore and its characteristics).

Alakazam
alakazam.jpg

Alakazam is known for his psychic abilities of the mind, and being able to twist and bend spoons, which is a metaphor for the bendable nature of Gemini. It is intelligent, with its IQ being in the extreme level, and its body being much more flexible, agile, and limber. He is quicker, which represents the quick nature of Mercury.

Both of these pokemon have leveled up and reached their highest evolved state, their final evolution, and have reached their maximum potential. This is a lesson applicable for all of us.

Your way of explaining that was genius.

aquarius7000

Yeah, sun sign astrology is Sunday paper tier. But it the most practiced form of "astrology" out there.
I get what you are saying, but it is not a form of astrology actually, or really just very peripheral, because the millions reading "Aquarius this week" in the papers are not astrologers. They are laymen that are just curious to know about their future, which is a normal human trait.

This being an Astrology forum almost 'expects' people to step beyond the Sunday paper Zodiac section, since the aim here is to learn, practise and share real Astrology.

katydid

In my opinion, 'Sun Sign Astrology' IS real astrology. There are attributes seen in the sign the sun is placed in , natally and by transit and progression. The Sun is of major importance in astrology and I think that the mass appeal of sun sign astrology helps get people interested in learning more.

katydid

Sounds familiar lol. My Mothers similar. Your daughter sounds like her journey "may" be mercury ruled. Moon in third (house of Gemini). Sun in 7th (ruled by Gemini) or sun in 6th house (house of Virgo.)

You would be right, except I had not mentioned where Mercury, the ruler of all that stuff is placed. Her Mercury and Venus are in Taurus trining her Neptune/Uranus in Cap/2nd. So rather than intellectual pursuits, she is working in the arts. Has made a good living as a singer and voice over actress since childhood.

Bunraku

Sun sign astrology isn't that bad. They use astrological techniques to forecast events, so it is real astrology in my book. I don't think it should be swept under the rug.

Blaze

Account Closed
In my opinion, 'Sun Sign Astrology' IS real astrology. There are attributes seen in the sign the sun is placed in , natally and by transit and progression. The Sun is of major importance in astrology and I think that the mass appeal of sun sign astrology helps get people interested in learning more.

Sun sign astrology got me interested in astrology so, yup, that idea holds up.

And my friend, with her Leo Sun/Venus/Ascendant really relates to Sun sign astrology on some level. I think it's cos her chart is Sun ruled with the Sun being right there in the first. So that idea holds up as well!

theV

As Sib said if we talk about signs as energies or entities rather than sun signs, then Gemini/Saggitarius rules the duality of concrete/abstract, lower/higher thinking.

I remember my debate with bunraku about Gemini/Saggitarius duality of concrete/abstract thinking and example of Conspiracy theorist's ability of thinking both ways despite being saggy. However, I still think we need to examine the whole birth chart to see which pattern of thinking is developed more.

I noticed the 9th house is objective house and so are Saggitarius-truth seekers- 9th house people are extremely socratic, philosphical, mathematical and scientific. I have a friend of mine with packed 9th house, he has high level of intelligence and ability to deal with abstract concept. He is also good in debates.

Saggitarius energy is mature. The house of Saggitarius falls in the sector of maturity, and objectivity. Saggitarius/9th representing young adult/college, Capricorn 10th maturity and work, and 11th house productivity and collectiveness.

graay ghost

I don't know, 9th house-type thinking often seems like an echo chamber to me. When people talk to much to each other abstractly they tend to forget that the outside world and sometimes even other models exist.

katydid

As Sib said if we talk about signs as energies or entities rather than sun signs, then Gemini/Saggitarius rules the duality of concrete/abstract, lower/higher thinking.

I remember my debate with bunraku about Gemini/Saggitarius duality of concrete/abstract thinking and example of Conspiracy theorist's ability of thinking both ways despite being saggy. However, I still think we need to examine the whole birth chart to see which pattern of thinking is developed more.

I noticed the 9th house is objective house and so are Saggitarius-truth seekers- 9th house people are extremely socratic, philosphical, mathematical and scientific. I have a friend of mine with packed 9th house, he has high level of intelligence and ability to deal with abstract concept. He is also good in debates.

Saggitarius energy is mature. The house of Saggitarius falls in the sector of maturity, and objectivity. Saggitarius/9th representing young adult/college, Capricorn 10th maturity and work, and 11th house productivity and collectiveness.

Bolded= And yet, Saggitarians can be the most immature people I know. They are like perpetual frat boys, which may be from the 9th house college connection. They love to prank others and joke around, even though they are often the brightest people in the room.

theV

Bolded= And yet, Saggitarians can be the most immature people I know. They are like perpetual frat boys, which may be from the 9th house college connection. They love to prank others and joke around, even though they are often the brightest people in the room.

I feel like I'm contradicting myself. In "common sense" thread I mentioned Saggy lacks common sense and now I'm saying Saggy are mature. I think I'm confused between 9th house people and Sagittarius. 9th house people I met were very smart and mature minded, Saggitarius people varied from immature to mature.:sideways:

katydid

I feel like I'm contradicting myself. In "common sense" thread I mentioned Saggy lacks common sense and now I'm saying Saggy are mature. I think I'm confused between 9th house people and Sagittarius. 9th house people I met were very smart and mature minded, Saggitarius people varied from immature to mature.:sideways:

YES. That is the perfect example of the difference between signs and houses.

sibylline

Re: Sun signs

Sure, the Sun in a sign carries certain traits but a person with their Sun in that sign may or may not exhibit that trait, depending on other factors in the chart. I assume most here are well aware of that...

HarmonE

Sure, the Sun in a sign carries certain traits but a person with their Sun in that sign may or may not exhibit that trait, depending on other factors in the chart. I assume most here are well aware of that...

Thank you for your quite perfectly objective statement on this matter :wink:

aquarius7000

Well put.
And, to add to that, if Sun sign could describe the native, we wouldn't need to look at the other planets, etc. Sun sign Astrology is just that, sun sign (not the Moon or Mercury, etc.).

kore

Aquarians tend to be more idealistic in their thinking. Gems use their intelligence sociably. Of the two signs, I consider Aquas to be of the higher mind. I like picking their brains. I'd rather be around Gems than Aquas. They are more fun people.

Lunny

My brother is an Aquarious Sun conjunct tightly Aqua Mercury, he has a Pisces moon, Pluto on the ascendant, those I think are significant He is like a genious, he can easily grasp any kind of science, from physics to linguistics. He is very spiritual but practical as well. Even though he's indoubtebly smart and can make interesting points on topics but at the end of the day he's too sensitive and I've realised he gets easily ofended if somebody doesn't agree with him and he starts acting arrogantly to hide it(Retrograde Cancer Mars).
I have my Sun, Asc, mercury in libra, moon in Virgo and even though I'm not that much of a genious in every science I don't get easily frustrated and am very objective, always looking at every side of a topic and different points of views. I have mercury trine uranus, square jupiter, opposite saturn, sextile pluto. I understand most sciences better than most people but I always need 1 or 2 seconds to comprehend every information i'm given, especially jokes :D my reactions are slow.
This is my experience, I think Aquariouses have powerful minds but are too arrogant, so they are not really that objective because they think they're always right and that's their subjective opinion actually. The geminis i've seen are smart but don't really use their minds for productive conversations/stuff, which annoys my Virgo venus and moon so I come to avoid every Gemini I know. Libra (ascendant) people I know are very smart and the most objective thinkers i've seen. Most Libra suns focus so much on relationships that, similar to Geminis, don't use their potential, but if you talk seriously with them you'll see it.

Whitelie

On another post we were talking about our experiences with certain air sun, moon, rising signs and someone gave an interesting perspective on Gemini and Aquarius:

{""I agree with that. Aquas are full of themselves but they will always act democratic, they will always play at your level, on the otherside geminis will try to show that they are a level above you.

Aquas are like a higher level of gemini. ""}

So it made me curious, what are your experiences with Aquarius and Gemini souls? Do you feel that Aquarius is truly capable of being the higher mind? Or do Geminis express more of the higher mind? Granted I'm aware that we have lower and higher order beings (whether gems, Pisces, caps,etc) so naturally there will be many not living up to the potential of the sign/energy. This is not strictly sun, moon, rising sign related. These are souls having strong Gemini/Aquarius energy in their chart.
Oh and Let's try and play nice now
Many Aqua guys I know are quite judgmental rather than objective, though.

HarmonE

I have my Sun, Asc, mercury in libra, moon in Virgo and even though I'm not that much of a genious in every science I don't get easily frustrated and am very objective, always looking at every side of a topic and different points of views. I have mercury trine uranus, square jupiter, opposite saturn, sextile pluto. I understand most sciences better than most people but I always need 1 or 2 seconds to comprehend every information i'm given, especially jokes :D my reactions are slow.

Im curious Lunny....(sorry a bit off topic) is your mercury in the 12th house?