Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Gemini888

Hadn't thought of mutual reception using Exalted placements. I've always seen it as Domicles, but I like the idea. How would you say the Square affects it? I could use Exalted for mutual reception in 12/12, although not in this case, since Mars is Exalted in Scorpio.
I'm reading "Horary Astrology" by Derek Appleby (an Aqua btw). In the book he accepted exalted placements as valid for mutual reception. But he noted that mutual reception with hard aspects would mean a yes in horary question, though it would most likely become the classic "be careful what you wish for" situation. Not sure about natal though. It could look like two people with old grudge for each other but choosing to look past the grudge to achieve a common goal, because one complements the other :wink:

Derek also said that if a planet is neutral or weak (fall, detriment) but is in good aspect with a strong planet (domiciled, exalted), the strong planet could act as a helping hand for the other planet. Not sure how this will play out in 12/12.

Last edited:

david starling

I'm reading "Horary Astrology" by Derek Appleby (an Aqua btw). In the book he accepted exalted placements as valid for mutual reception. But he noted that mutual reception with hard aspects would mean a yes in horary question, though it would most likely become the classic "be careful what you wish for" situation. Not sure about natal though. It could look like two people with old grudge for each other but choosing to look past the grudge to achieve a common goal, because one complements the other :wink:

Derek also said that if a planet is neutral or weak (fall, detriment) but is in good aspect with a strong planet (domiciled, exalted), the strong planet could act as a helping hand for the other planet. Not sure how this will play out in 12/12.

Is he using the Outermosts as Sign-rulers? Or, using them at all?
Also, in Natal, there's apparently strength in both the fall & detriment placements. Horary has its own methodology, apart from Natal.
Notice the strength of Sun in Aqua (detriment in both conventional and 12/12); and, Mars in Taurus (detriment in Trad and fall in 12/12).

Last edited:

Gemini888

Is he using the Outermosts as Sign-rulers? Or, using them at all?
Also, in Natal, there's apparently strength in both the fall & detriment placements. Horary has its own methodology, apart from Natal.
Notice the strength of Sun in Aqua (detriment in both conventional and 12/12); and, Mars in Taurus (detriment in Trad and fall in 12/12).
He took in outer planets, but he didn't consider them a primary factor in horary. He only used sign rulers of those planets when the situation really called for it and he only used them as secondary factors.

And from my experience, some rules in horary seem to also be true for natal. The separating/approaching rule could be applied for natal to determine aspect strength. Mutual reception can be something to consider too.

Gemini888

Is it ok to offer readings in PM? I don't have time to browse the Read My Chart section these days, but I'd like to do chart reading occasionally as a leisure activity away from my thesis :cool:

Gemini888

David, do you think Uranus is a violent god? Aqua is humanitarian and progressive, but it also carries callousness and insensitive. That could be Saturn's doing but if 12/12 doesn't accept Saturn as Aqua's ruler then what is Uranus doing?

Lykanized

This may sound odd to some people, but honestly, I'm very much moving away from common thought, anything that limits my experience whether it be society, or my own damned self. I'm going by my intuition fully now

I truly believe I've found the woman I'm supposed to be with. We have a deep, unshakeable soul connection. It's not right for us to unite just yet, but it will be within the next two years. I still have to work on myself for one and I know she is too

Sometimes I can even feel her emotions or her reactions to certain things I've sent her. And, lol, one time I felt her imagining doing 'things' to me if you know what I mean. So it seems we have a strong connection

I also feel like things are finally gonna start flourishing for me over the next year. Something's changing for sure

My intuition is also getting stronger. I used to not listen to it, but now I do. a couple of weeks ago I was feeling this intuition about a person like they weren't what they seemed, but the reason I didn't follow my intuition in the past is because I wanted to give people the benefit of the doubt. This time, I ended up having a prophetic dream of sorts, full of symbols that predicted what would happen if I got involved with her. So I listened. And I'm listening more and more
-- I'd never had a dream like this, I felt like I was locked in an astral chamber until the end of it. I've predicted other things in my dreams for years, but they were always mundane things. I think since I'm working hard to become a better person and participate in life and take action, my intuition is getting stronger

The strange thing I've realized is that the key to truly accessing our intuition lies in taking action in the external world. The body and soul must be aligned. Our intuition is there to guide us as we traverse these unknown lands and waters, unmarked territories. That's why grounding is always emphasized. Without grounding, the intuitive individual risks getting lost in their inner world without using what they know and feel to go out into the world confidently

Last edited:

david starling

He took in outer planets, but he didn't consider them a primary factor in horary. He only used sign rulers of those planets when the situation really called for it and he only used them as secondary factors.

And from my experience, some rules in horary seem to also be true for natal. The separating/approaching rule could be applied for natal to determine aspect strength. Mutual reception can be something to consider too.

Mutual reception definitely applies in Natal. But Natal is a "snapshot" of what's impressed on the psyche at birth, whereas Horary is a projection of current astrological conditions into the near future. For that reason, separating/approaching makes far more sense in Horary than in Natal.

david starling

David, do you think Uranus is a violent god? Aqua is humanitarian and progressive, but it also carries callousness and insensitive. That could be Saturn's doing but if 12/12 doesn't accept Saturn as Aqua's ruler then what is Uranus doing?

For Domicle-ruler of :aquarius:, I'm using a feminine version of :uranus:, the goddess of the Heavens, Urania, who has gifted us with astrology. I see her as upping the intelligence level in order to free us from bondage, and avoid the need for violence.
Your question emphasizes the point that each significator has its own nature, modified by Sign-qualities. The Sun, which is perfectly suited to Leo, is "afflicted" in the opposite Sign Aquarius, simply because the Sun's nature is out-of-place in Aquarius. So, using Sun-sign characteristics as indicative of other placements in any particular Sign is problematic.

Gemini888

For Domicle-ruler of :aquarius:, I'm using a feminine version of :uranus:, the goddess of the Heavens, Urania, who has gifted us with astrology. I see her as upping the intelligence level in order to free us from bondage, and avoid the need for violence.
Your question emphasizes the point that each significator has its own nature, modified by Sign-qualities. The Sun, which is perfectly suited to Leo, is "afflicted" in the opposite Sign Aquarius, simply because the Sun's nature is out-of-place in Aquarius. So, using Sun-sign characteristics as indicative of other placements in any particular Sign is problematic.
Well at least I'm not the only one to voice the negativity of Aqua.

http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aquarius.html

Leo Sun also comes with its own negativity as well. Rampant narcissism anyone?

david starling

Well at least I'm not the only one to voice the negativity of Aqua.

http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aquarius.html

Leo Sun also comes with its own negativity as well. Rampant narcissism anyone?

I'm talking about the atypical nature of Sun in Aqua.
In Vedic astrology, the Sun itself is considered a Malefic. In Trad, it's neutral, and can be good or bad, depending on the Chart.
We Modernistic astrologers tend to look for the good in all the rulers, and try to ignore the bad. But, placements in Gemini enable us to see both the good and the bad.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

So I spoke with Jeremy Neal regarding the two articles I posted on here a while back. For the one about Pluto's dignities, he created a system based on the ideas of Alexander Volguine, who he first encountered in the 1980s. He culled from the journal Volguine wrote called Cahiers Astrologique, where Volguine derived a system of dignity based on the Hindu Shadbalas. Since then he's tweaked, refined and made it his own factoring in things such as reception and ferality. He finds his personally constructed system very useful for the insights its garnered him.

As to the one on the levels of human consciousness, his gotten a lot of inspiration from the ideas of David Hawkins, and he summed up by saying that the scale was derived at using kinesiology. The indication is that this isn't the whole picture, but he assured me that it was essentially true.

I conjecture that based on what he said about the planetary scale, that he might have culled from things such as the study of pressure points and the chakra systems in the body. That's just my hunch anyway. In any event, there is something pleasing to me about the fact that this scale has an element of embodiment or significance to the body. In a way it seems to hit upon what passiflora was alluding to when she spoke about the psychodynamics of an astrological system.

I also asked him about the ages. Essentially it says while he enjoys unravelling occult mysteries, he much rather focus on the areas of astrology that will aid in further self-actualisation and functioning in societies with its complex social expectations. I could PM you his exact words on the matter, David.

You could hit him up at chirotic.school@gmail. He's pretty cordial, although he won't go into too much details as to how he has come to his conclusions astrology, partly because a lot of it is embodied and intuitive knowledge accumulated over a lifetime of doing astrology.

david starling

Regarding table manners, there was a saying, "Don't eat with your mouth open--a fly might get in." to admonish children. So, here's a fun saying playing off of that:
"Don't think with an open mind--a new idea might get in." Food for thought! :lol:

Last edited:

david starling

So I spoke with Jeremy Neal regarding the two articles I posted on here a while back. For the one about Pluto's dignities, he created a system based on the ideas of Alexander Volguine, who he first encountered in the 1980s. He culled from the journal Volguine wrote called Cahiers Astrologique, where Volguine derived a system of dignity based on the Hindu Shadbalas. Since then he's tweaked, refined and made it his own factoring in things such as reception and ferality. He finds his personally constructed system very useful for the insights its garnered him.

As to the one on the levels of human consciousness, his gotten a lot of inspiration from the ideas of David Hawkins, and he summed up by saying that the scale was derived at using kinesiology. The indication is that this isn't the whole picture, but he assured me that it was essentially true.

I conjecture that based on what he said about the planetary scale, that he might have culled from things such as the study of pressure points and the chakra systems in the body. That's just my hunch anyway. In any event, there is something pleasing to me about the fact that this scale has an element of embodiment or significance to the body. In a way it seems to hit upon what passiflora was alluding to when she spoke about the psychodynamics of an astrological system.

I also asked him about the ages. Essentially it says while he enjoys unravelling occult mysteries, he much rather focus on the areas of astrology that will aid in further self-actualisation and functioning in societies with its complex social expectations. I could PM you his exact words on the matter, David.

You could hit him up at chirotic.school@gmail. He's pretty cordial, although he won't go into too much details as to how he has come to his conclusions astrology, partly because a lot of it is embodied and intuitive knowledge accumulated over a lifetime of doing astrology.

As a professional, he's understandably not teaching his proprietary methods. Is "self-actualisation" his own description? Sounds kind of "New Agey".:biggrin:
What still amazes me is how hooked nearly al! of the tropical, Modernistic astrologers are on the sidereal Age of Pisces concept. Even though it doesn't register on the tropical scale of measurement. It's like a religious viewpoint immune to logic.
Yes, I would like to know his exact words on the matter, thanks.