Pluto/Saturn conjunction Asc transit

Greetings,
My ascendant is 22 degrees Capricorn. I have felt some of the energies of Pluto rolling over me recently; however, are there any seasoned astrologers who might predict the themes of the January 2020 Pluto conjunction with Saturn right on my ASC?
Many thanks...

Moondancing

Premium Member
Greetings,
My ascendant is 22 degrees Capricorn. I have felt some of the energies of Pluto rolling over me recently; however, are there any seasoned astrologers who might predict the themes of the January 2020 Pluto conjunction with Saturn right on my ASC?
Many thanks...

Power to reinvent yourself! Beginning in October when the planets shift to direct motion there should be a marked shift in you.

I'm surprised you only 'felt some energies'. Pluto was going over my progressed Sun and I made two major moves in a little more than a year. One to Colorado then to Michigan.

I'm expecting it to be intense.

Moon Dance

katydid

Greetings,
Many thanks...

A lot will depend upon what 'shape' your Ascendant is in. What natal aspects are being made to your Asc. and to the ruler of your Asc, your natal Saturn.

In general, Saturn/Pluto transiting the Ascendant can mean 'being placed in cumbersome and difficult circumstances.'

Probably manifestations will vary. On a positive note:
[from Reinhold Ebertin]

-the process of growing spiritually or mentally, silent activity.
-the participation for achievements brought about by large groups or masses of people
-the pursuit of difficult work or of painstaking or thorough work in seclusion

Thank you for responding! That makes sense and resonates. My natal Saturn is 0 degrees Scorpio eleventh house. And natal Pluto in tenth house Libra which squares Asc (5 degree orb though). So, I’ll look into that. The biggest emotional transformation has been going from doormat to assertive, which culminated a month ago. In a sense I felt like a brand new person over the course of one day, but the initial catalyst for that journey began as soon as Pluto ingressed into Capricorn years ago and has been a very lengthy life lesson. That personality change has mellowed out and meshed with my old usual self, but I have reached a turning point. Time will tell how strongly it holds. I even felt the pendulum swing towards the cold and ruthless side of Pluto showing up in my attitude and personality, a new, take no prisoners mentality. But like I said, the sweet, self effacing side is still there and mixed in.
As someone who has a great deal of respect and agreement with traditional astrology, I find I cannot dismiss outer planets because Pluto is the real deal and Uranus I feel as well.

katydid

Thank you for responding! That makes sense and resonates. My natal Saturn is 0 degrees Scorpio eleventh house. And natal Pluto in tenth house Libra which squares Asc (5 degree orb though). So, I’ll look into that. The biggest emotional transformation has been going from doormat to assertive, which culminated a month ago. In a sense I felt like a brand new person over the course of one day, but the initial catalyst for that journey began as soon as Pluto ingressed into Capricorn years ago and has been a very lengthy life lesson. That personality change has mellowed out and meshed with my old usual self, but I have reached a turning point. Time will tell how strongly it holds. I even felt the pendulum swing towards the cold and ruthless side of Pluto showing up in my attitude and personality, a new, take no prisoners mentality. But like I said, the sweet, self effacing side is still there and mixed in.
As someone who has a great deal of respect and agreement with traditional astrology, I find I cannot dismiss outer planets because Pluto is the real deal and Uranus I feel as well.

Having the natal Pluto squaring the Asc, even with a 5 degree orb, ratchets the whole thing up a notch, making it more intense.

If you add that square being activated, the Saturn/Pluto transit could be like this, according to Reinhold Ebertin:

--a person who is prevented by others from reaping the success due to him/her as the result of their hard work.

--the application of force or of compulsion , self destructive energy must be overcome

--loss of possessions possible

So it can feel like a very desperate struggle at time with these malefic sparring with each other on your angles.

Moondancing

Premium Member
For W, who offered to look at my chart, here is the link. Sorry if this is not the most efficient way to link. I'm struggling with the tech stuff ha.

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi...gw&sday=9&smon=6&syr=2019&hsy=12&prmth=0&rs=0

Not sure why, but I'm getting my natal chart.

[linking to astro.com will only "mirror" people's astro.com account -
To post a chart others can see, follow these instructions: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171 - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: