Neptune Square Sun

phosphorboreas

Has anyone had this transiting aspect happen to them? It's been the worst for me to deal with. The current transiting Neptune in Aquarius is squaring my Taurus Sun. It's caused bouts of depression, self doubt, and constant fear and confusion for no reason. Even when there is no logical reason for me to fear something, it doesn't go away. Meditation is helping, but this aspect is tough.

Neptune may not be a malefic per se, but I view it as much worse than mars or Pluto, because Neptune causes confusion and unreality, you don't even know what's going on with yourself. (Especially the square aspect) Even worse, Neptune is currently in my first house since Aquarius is my ascendant.

For those who have had this aspect happen (or have some insight or advice) could you please tell me how to get over this aspect? It's really a hassle and it's so hard to deal with.

Chart with transits:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=7owfileIizDKS-u1216483559&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=3&nho2=3&btyp=24&mth=gw&sday=19&smon=10&syr=2008&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

I have heard that this aspect will be nullified by March of next year and resume in January of 2010.

Last edited:

tikana

phosphorboreas said:
Has anyone had this transiting aspect happen to them? It's been the worst for me to deal with. The current transiting Neptune in Aquarius is squaring my Taurus Sun. It's caused bouts of depression, self doubt, and constant fear and confusion for no reason. Even when there is no logical reason for me to fear something, it doesn't go away. Meditation is helping, but this aspect is tough.

Neptune may not be a malefic per se, but I view it as much worse than mars or Pluto, because Neptune causes confusion and unreality, you don't even know what's going on with yourself. (Especially the square aspect) Even worse, Neptune is currently in my first house since Aquarius is my ascendant.

For those who have had this aspect happen (or have some insight or advice) could you please tell me how to get over this aspect? It's really a hassle and it's so hard to deal with.

Chart with transits:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=7owfileIizDKS-u1216483559&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=3&nho2=3&btyp=24&mth=gw&sday=19&smon=10&syr=2008&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

I have heard that this aspect will be nullified by March of next year and resume in January of 2010.

Dont remind of this aspect.. I had it! GEEEZ 2nd worst possible time in my life... other than pluto conj sun!

neptune over sun it is very malefic!
watch out for illusions and lies! the world may not be as what it is !
grrr shudder

T

phosphorboreas

In what respect tikana? What kind of illusions are you talking about? With people?

I hope my earth signs can see through a lot of it since they are powerful in my chart. If there are illusions around me I am in trouble, specifically in relationships.

tikana

phosphorboreas said:
In what respect tikana? What kind of illusions are you talking about? With people?

I hope my earth signs can see through a lot of it since they are powerful in my chart. If there are illusions around me I am in trouble, specifically in relationships.

Yeah people...
lies deception.. you think it is all rosy yet it is black as dusk.
also beware of fatigueness
i noticed that i was sleeping a lot when i had that transit

Tik

EJ53

Banned
I've just spent over an hour drafting a response to this, only to see it "disappear into the ethers" after hitting the submit key.

So in short, Neptune is actually transitting the natal sun/pluto opposition - activating it's T-Square with saturn and forming a temporary T-Square itself.

You are being "advised" by these planets to review the direction of your life, as the difficulties of the T-Square may be taking you down the wrong astrological path. (When Neptune transitted these planets in my chart, I missed the opportunity to review and continued with a career that was not right for me).

Sorry for not explaining in detail, but I cannot face losing another hour of input.

EJ:)

waybread

phosphorboreas, if misery loves company, I 've been experiencing Neptune conjunct sun for quite a while. I agree that Neptune transits are difficult, because it is your sense of identity (sun) and reality/unreality (Neptune) that are being tested.

A few years ago, I got the bright idea that transits would go better if I consciously and deliberately input positive manifestations of the planetary energies into my life. This went pretty well for a bunch of transits. For example, with Pluto conjunct my IC and opposite my MC, we sold our house, I resigned from my job, and we moved. I am much happier now.

With Neptune, you might consider new ways to explore your subconscious identity, such as keeping a dream journal or engaging in creative arts. This might be a good time to develop an inner sense of spirituality. Being near a large body of water might be helpful. These might seem like silly sublimations, but they are better than getting blind-sided by Neptune unawares, or experiencing its destructive themes of alcohol or drugs.

Astrologers' advice during a Neptune transit is generally to keep your seat-belt on, and not to make any major changes, notably ones that could be overly optimistic, because one's reality-grounding is not strong at this time. When the transit passes, then you can make any major decisions that you contemplated while under the pull of Neptune's tides.

nejispirit

I am not experiencing this currently, since my Sun is in Aries and Neptune is currently in Aquarius, but natally I have this aspect;

I believe this has caused me trouble in the past with having anxiety/a bit of depression of struggling with who I was/who I wanted to be etc- it can be rather interesting to try and play these two energies together, the cardinal Aries and the cardinal Capricorn; I personally just bought a book on how to manage aspects better, hard or soft, and I believe I will gain much wisdom from it.

Ironically enough, Sarah Palin also has this aspect, a woman whom I only pray does not get the VP next month and is one who is the perfect example of bad traits of this aspect;

For example, I believe she can be rather delusional about her beliefs and what she supposedly "stands for", claiming that it is right and what God wants, etc- this is something that I believe this aspect can contribute to (when not utilized properly), delusions of grandeur, if you want to call it that.

Last edited:

Wolfgang

The main hing to keep in mind during this transit is that you are not losing your mind. This happens a lot with Saturn too. Sometimes we take their messages too seriously, and lose perspective. It may be important to find a creative Neptune outlet . What type of artistic endeavors are you atracted to? The positive side of Neptune is spiritual renewal. Take time to let the wonder of the universe wash over you. Take yourself out of the equation, and revel in the beauty of creation. Times when the Moon is void of course are ideal for feeding this need. How about a dream journal? In general' when we are having trouble with a particular planetary energy it is because we have an inferior relationship to it. Try taking the lead by developing the positive attributes of Neptune that are within you and are now demanding your attention. The situation may quickly improve.

Ps Astrology is suitably Neptunian as well. There are lots of great places online to learn more about it.Try this one, www.courtneyrobertshome.com

phosphorboreas

These are good things to hear. I think that my study of astrology (since this aspect has began oddly enough) has been able to help soothe a lot of the illusions I might have. Right brain and intuitional type things probably help. I write a lot and I hope to go into photography soon so I think these ideas will help me through it. I hope what I am experiencing is not an illusion because things around me are going well, it's just insecurity in myself. I think that's where the energy is being focused , as Neptune is in the 1st house applying these aspects. I have on a large part been experiencing a spiritual renewal for the last 5 months. The illusions were earlier on in the influence of the aspect. I hope it's smooth sailing from here, I will just keep focusing on the positive things Neptune rules.

BobZemco

phosphorboreas said:

Yeah, quit playing on the computer, get off your full point of contact and go out and do something (do not go hiking do not go gambling). Go bowling, golfing, play handball, racketball, squash, tennis, kayaking/canoeing. You need to get out, preferably with other people, not alone. If you don't have a lot of friends, go volunteer at the zoo. Symphony/ballet season is starting, volunteer to be an usher. Get a part time job flipping burgers. Lots of sports events going on. Get out and do things.

The worst thing you can do is sit around and dwell on it.

aquarius7000

Equally blinding, perhaps even more- than a square, I am still 'intoxicated' by Neptune over (conjunct) my Sun & Mer, plus opposing my Asc. Bless it:rolleyes:. Have to keep jostling myself out of this slumber I keep falling into, sometimes far away from reality; and, as Tikana put it, seeing the world way too rosy than it actually is:rolleyes:.

Another way in which Nep aspects to Sun (esp tough ones) can manifest themselves is by making the native feel listless, devoid (Nep=dissolves) of energy (Sun), or downright lethargic. Furthermore, Nep conj/squ Sun is also a time when you might fall prey to disillusionment/self-deception (Sun= conscious self, Nep=deception/disillusionment), or, as I could confirm (in my case), being deceived by others, since Nep is also conj my DC (others) right now. At the same time, when Nep contacts your Sun, it can also be a time of self-reflection, introspection, growth of compassion, even spirituality. Just some thoughts from..

..a dazzled,
:cool:aquarius7000

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Phosphorboreas,
I think it helps to consider the houses that are involved also. The house Neptune is transiting will feel the effects most prominently. For example, if Neptune is transiting through the sixth(illness) and squaring the sun in say the third, (mental activity) you might expect problems with mental stability under this transit.Any other planet impacting on this square by transit will have the effect of *setting it off*, or say an eclipse falls across one end of the square-that would trigger a manifestation of the Neptune to the sun square.

If the square occurred over the tenth/seventh houses there may be confusion and loss associated with work/ bosses or business partners, or parents and partners etc etc.
The square over house one and four may bring endings and changes in ones home and appearance.

When transiting Neptune squared my natal sun my son died. My relationship ended. I became ill. I quit my job. Transiting Neptune was conjunct my ascendant when it squared my natal tenth house sun. The thing is, Pluto was also conjunct my natal saturn so I'm not too sure which planet was causing the most havoc...obviously *they all were*! My health suffered a lot under that square.
Now, by progression I have Neptune transiting my first, but no longer squaring my sun. This transit has brought me spiritual insights and an awareness, rather than dissolution. When Neptune squared my sun by transit, it was in Capricorn. I feel Neptune is better placed in Aquarius.

One thing about Neptune going through the first house, it seems to cause forgetfulness which ironically can lead to *forgivefulness* (!!)-the *other higher vibration of Neptune.
In horary, I regard Neptune as the *great dissolver- universal solvent* and what ever it contacts by aspect gets *dissolved*. Whilst this effect can definitely be experienced in a Neptune transit, the possibilities for responding to the higher octave of neptune are definitely there. As the sun rules our health and how we shine in the world, a neptune /sun square may be requiring us to reassess that part of our lives and tend to our physical well-being also.
Cheers,
lillyjgc

gaer

aquarius7000 said:
Furthermore, Nep conj/squ Sun is also a time when you might fall prey to disillusionment/self-deception (Sun= conscious self, Nep=deception/disillusionment), or, as I could confirm (in my case), being deceived by others, since Nep is also conj my DC (others) right now. At the same time, when Nep contacts your Sun, it can also be a time of self-reflection, introspection, growth of compassion, even spirituality. Just some thoughts from..

..a dazzled,
:cool:aquarius7000
The problem with such transits, which I believe is what this is focusing on, is that they are so long-lasting!

Neptune, for instance, "swings" about 5 degrees each year between its stations, so I think we need to use rather small orbs to pinpoint when aspects "come into focus". I know, for instance, that in the early 1990s, Neptune at some time each year was either directly square to one of my Libra planets or very close. Without going into details, there were both drugs and deception in my life at that time. And lots of lying. One person in particular (family) nearly self-destructed totally during that time.

Gaer

gaer

lillyjgc said:
Phosphorboreas,
The square over house one and four may bring endings and changes in ones home and appearance.
The square happened for me in 5 (Neptune) and 2 (Libra planets). Actually, Neptune was in the end of the 4th as it contacted my sun, but it was moving into the 5th as it contacted itself (square) and then my moon. At that times difficulties were focused on family, primarily on kids.

Now with Neptune from 6 to 2, trine, those particular aspects are, of course, much more favorable. But with Neptune also opposite Pluto, 12th, and square Mars, 4th, those issues are moving in and out of focus. :)

Gaer

EJ53

Banned
Hi All,

Ok, I see many examples here of what happened - but did anyone learn about themselves/their lives as a result?

In my case, I should have learned (but did not) that I was deluding myself by continuing to follow my chosen career path. Yes, I experienced depression, disillusionment and deception. Yes, this related to the natal and transitted houses involved. Yes, "I wandered lonely as a cloud" in a state of confusion. And yes, I suffered all that aggravation for nothing - because I focused upon the what instead of the why of Neptune's transits.

As Bob says, this is a time to "get out and do things" with others - whilst the Neptune message rises gradually from the depths of the unconscious to the conscious mind. More than any other planet, Neptune teaches us to "go with the flow" of life and to trust our intuition/"inner voice", but we have to listen carefully to it's lessons - because this Master speaks deceptively softly, expressing confusion when we are on the wrong path and inspiration if we are not.

EJ:)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

As Bob says, this is a time to "get out and do things" with others - whilst the Neptune message rises gradually from the depths of the unconscious to the conscious mind. More than any other planet, Neptune teaches us to "go with the flow" of life and to trust our intuition/"inner voice", but we have to listen carefully to it's lessons - because this Master speaks deceptively softly, expressing confusion when we are on the wrong path and inspiration if we are not.
Well put EJ, and it can be considered quite an achievement if you can indeed "go with the flow", moving from the unconscious (Nep) to the conscious self (Sun), as the square can prove to be a challenge, and this is a looong transit. That said Phosphorboreas, 'forewarned is forearmed', so, do anything, only don't let yourself (Sun) be too 'mistified' by that Neptunian fog; in other words, don't dwell on it, rather, as Bob puts it "get out and do things".

:)aquarius7000

Steve

When Neptune was squaring my Sun, I was going through a time when everything that I had worked towards before was no longer working for me. I ended a tortuous long-term relationship which had been undermining my sense of self and left that life to a time of drifting with no set goalposts.

Eventually I was to build a new life but for awhile nothing was clear. I learnt that it is important to not let others undermine your sense of self - no matter who they are or what they represent. I also learnt the value of being able to let go of attachments that are causing negative growth.

Steve

BobZemco

aquarius7000 said:
Well put EJ, and it can be considered quite an achievement if you can indeed "go with the flow", moving from the unconscious (Nep) to the conscious self (Sun), as the square can prove to be a challenge, and this is a looong transit. That said Phosphorboreas, 'forewarned is forearmed', so, do anything, only don't let yourself (Sun) be too 'mistified' by that Neptunian fog; in other words, don't dwell on it, rather, as Bob puts it "get out and do things".

I said that specifically because of the 1st/3rd relationship (his environment) but also because it is the Sun that is the passive principle here. Neptune is the active planet (fixed/air) driving into his Sun (3rd is also communications) and Neptune is pushing the "fog of life" (-- sort of like of the "fog of war" only different) into his environment there.

The other thing is when getting involved in activities -- choose those that give you the least responsibility. You'll have more fun. Don't volunteer to be designated driver, don't allow your self be pushed into it, don't allow yourself to be guilted into it. Don't volunteer to keep score for bowling or card games or anything else. There are times you can, and you'll know when other planets come round to conjunct transiting Neptune square Sun or conjunct the Sun.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
EJ, You raised this important issue:
<Ok, I see many examples here of what happened - but did anyone learn about themselves/their lives as a result?>

I was clinging to a secure job as everything else in my life was collapsing under the neptune/sun square. For me the lessons of this transit were mostly about relinquishment.What I didnt give up *gladly* was wrenched from my life.
To top it all off, after I made the move, ie quit my job, sold my house, split the proceeds with my ex, moved to a new place, a house fire took a lot of my possessions.So by then I started to get the point that it was useless to hang onto possessions or the old ways.
Additionally, what got dissolved in the fire, were important documents relating to my qualifications, not all of which could be replaced-!-
It was a time of confused emotions and deceptive interplays in the relationship area.No doubt this transit actively affected most parts of my life, if not all.
Cheers, Lillyjgc