Spinning while meditating

Selina

Hi everyone!

First, I should say that I haven't been meditating for so long, it's been like 1-2 years I think, so that might happen because of that --- even though I don't feel like I'm new to this. So anyway, I meditate from time to time (like once a week) and when it happens naturally, I do feel like I'm spinning. Actually it feels like my whole body and spirit are spinning but I know that I'm not. It all happens in another dimension I can say. Or another realm. Idk. And I'm wide awake when it's happening, I feel it all. It happens for about 2 or 3 minutes, then I feel like I'm not breathing at all. I feel the "white" energy all around me and I'm at somewhere else that I've never been before. To be honest it feels so good, but the thought of not knowing where I am or where I'm going to or what's going on is scaring me. I did some research and saw that many people experienced it, but they are mostly people that have been doing it for a long time. (4+ years or so)

I've been feeling like I've visited a lot of dimensions and other places ever since I was a kid, I still remember the dreams I saw when I was 6, on other planets with different feelings. Especially a dream that I saw when I was 12, I saw a purple colored planet and I still cannot forget about it. So maybe it's happening because of that? Maybe I'm an old soul and this is my last life on this planet that's why I'm aware of all of these stuff?

I was wondering if anyone else experiencing it as well.

Thank you!!!

muchacho

Yes, when you leave your normal day-to-day personal vantage point behind and fall back into your natural state of being, it feels like entering into a whole new stratosphere or dimension. You'll get used to it though and then it will feel like the most natural thing in the world, which it actually is. Nothing wrong there. You are right on schedule. It's only scary after the fact, i.e. when the rational mind tries to explain what happened and, naturally, the rational mind cannot grasp what happens beyond mind. And it may sound like a no-brainer, but if it feels so good, then it is good. Period. Trust your inner guidance and throw away outdated social conditioning that says "If it feels good then it must be bad" ... and with it the old soul vs. baby soul stuff. Consciousness is all there is. Hierarchies are products of the human mind only. :tongue:

Last edited:

Selina

If you only knew how good this made me feel!

I want to know more about what kind of techniques - if there is any - you use while meditating. I just do everything naturally and when I heard of kundalini etc, I was so excited to try them. Never did though. Please tell me about your experiences :joyful:

Also, this is amazing. *takes a note*

And it may sound like a no-brainer, but if it feels so good, then it is good. Period. Trust your inner guidance and throw away outdated social conditioning that says "If it feels good then it must be bad"

muchacho

If you only knew how good this made me feel!

I want to know more about what kind of techniques - if there is any - you use while meditating. I just do everything naturally and when I heard of kundalini etc, I was so excited to try them. Never did though. Please tell me about your experiences :joyful:

Also, this is amazing. *takes a note*
I'm glad it helped.

And if you wanna hear more about how good and natural feeling good is and about your inner guidance, then I recommend researching Abraham-Hicks. You can also research a bit Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and flow experience.

Personally, I don't actually meditate anymore, but I do pranayama and hatha yoga. It doesn't really matter what you practice. And if you spend most of your time in flow then you don't actually feel the need to meditate or do any kind of practice anymore.

The way I see it, the point of regular practice like meditation is to allow yourself to fall back into your natural state regularly so that you become centered in it again. In the beginning, this centeredness may only be the case as long as you meditate or maybe just for a few moments when you meditate, but sooner or later it will last longer and longer and will become part of your every day life. And then you don't have to set extra time aside to practice because every day activities are already practice enough.

Also, you were born already fully awake. So basically, you just have to retrace your steps. That's all.

Cap

Hi Selina!

What you have experienced like "spinning" is probably the conscious experience of your "outer" body. In my early stages of meditation, I have experienced the similar sensation, like I am 4-5 meters tall and like I am touching the ceiling with my head. What we actually call the body (the visible part) is just the innermost part of highest density. There are many layers of lower density around it (still material but not visible) extending for several meters in all directions. They go by many names (aura is probably the one you are familiar with), I like to call them: the energy body. With continuous practice of meditation you will raise the energy frequency in your "energy body". People will often report how it is pleasant experience to be in your company. This is because when you are near someone, although there is no physical contact, your energy bodies are actually touching each other. Beware, since you will be the "energetic one" (your energy body is on higher frequency) through these "contacts" you will absorb and nullify their negativity. Depending on your energy level, there is a limit how much negativity you can absorb, so sometimes it is best to just walk away.

During the meditation it is perfectly normal for breathing to slow down. There is a connection between mind and breathing. When the mind is focused and one-pointed breathing naturally slows down, when the mind is erratic breathing accelerates. By deliberately slowing the breathing process you can calm the mind (the science of pranayama, as preparatory practice for meditation, is based on this), and vice versa, when the mind is calm breathing will slow down. One time, during meditation I stopped breathing for about 15 minutes. This is actually called Kevala Kumbhaka and it is not so unusual. On energetic level, this happens when energies called Prana and Apana unite in the body. During this experience one feels everything is perfectly normal, there is no urge to take a breath nor you feel any lack of oxygen whatsoever. Try to stay focused on your meditation and simply stop taking notice of breathing if this happens. During meditation you are super safe, under Divine protection. Trust that nothing can go wrong, ever.

There is no need to practice Kundalini yoga in order to awake Kundalini energy (although you can if you wish, it is perfectly safe). All spiritual practices, including meditation, will awake Kundalini sooner or later.

In meditation, it is best to follow your "inner guide", your "gut feeling" - intuition. If you still need some references, I would stay away from modern authors. Patanjali's Yoga Sutras is still the best practical guide on meditation ever written.

Therese

there is no such thing as a "super safe" spiritual practice, whichever practice we are talking about. Meditation is not an exception. read about "enlightenment's evil twin". http://www.psychologytomorrowmagazine.com/enlightenments-evil-twin/

Too many "meditators", like too many "neoshamans", are spiritual tourists on a good "trip". They think that there is a way to go "beyond" ourselves other than going "through" ourselves. I don't think there is. If there was, we wouldn't be who we are, we would be somebody or something else, or some disembodied stuff floating in other dimensions...

"In the West, I do not think it advisable to follow Buddhism. Changing religions is not like changing professions. Excitement lessens over the years, and soon you are not excited, and then where are you? Homeless inside yourself." – The Dalai Lama

Personally, I am wary of "spiritual" practices that bring too much "light" without warning about the equal amount of "darkness" that goes with it. In this world, where we are living because this is where we are meant to be, everything and everyone casts a shadow.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

there is no such thing as a "super safe" spiritual practice, whichever practice we are talking about.
Meditation is not an exception. read about "enlightenment's evil twin".
http://www.psychologytomorrowmagazine.com/enlightenments-evil-twin/

Too many "meditators", like too many "neoshamans", are spiritual tourists on a good "trip".
They think that there is a way to go "beyond" ourselves other than going "through" ourselves.
I don't think there is. If there was, we wouldn't be who we are,
we would be somebody or something else, or some disembodied stuff floating in other dimensions...

"In the West, I do not think it advisable to follow Buddhism. Changing religions is not like changing professions. Excitement lessens over the years, and soon you are not excited, and then where are you? Homeless inside yourself." – The Dalai Lama

Personally, I am wary of "spiritual" practices that bring too much "light" without warning about the equal amount of "darkness" that go with it.
In this world, where we are living because this is where we are meant to be, everything and everyone casts a shadow.
Good observation :smile:

Tibetan spiritual leader HH Dalai Lama underlined the need to develop an "investigative" bend of mind
and appealed to people not to follow any religious leader "blindly".

Addressing the international conference on 'Secular Ethics',
HH Dalai Lama stressed the need to develop a "holistic, six-dimensional" approach to understand reality.
The gathering was organised by 'Indo-Tibet Mangal Maitry Sangh'

"It is very important to develop an investigative bend of mind.
Do not follow any religious leader blindly.
Buddha said question and investigate a thought thoroughly,
study qualifications of a guru or a leader, meet them, observe,
till you develop a conviction that what the leader says can be followed.
This is the Nalanda tradition and time has come that we follow it,".
He said many problems in society arise due to short-sightedness
or by looking at a view through only one angle.

"Acceptance of humanity should lie in the head and the mind.
The reality however is much complex.
It is necessary that we look through 6 dimensions
or else we may fail to see the reality". HH Dalai Lama observed that enlightenment to Tibet comes from India
and her inhabitants are "gurus" of Tibetans.
"Tibet remains dark till light from India reaches it.
Historically, Indians are our gurus and we are chellas (disciples),"
he said while taking questions from the audience on various issues.

HH Dalai Lama said it would be ridiculous to assume that a particular religion teaches only conflict.

"No religion is negative.
Any religion that teaches people to live happily cannot be bad.
There could be mischievous people in any of the religions
but saying that their behaviour reflects the whole of religion will not be correct,"
he said while observing that faith is important though religions can differ.
~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama, ‘Ancient Wisdom; Modern World’

astralrabbit

Account Closed
liminal

of or relating to a transitional or initial stage of a process.
occupying a position at, or on both sides of, a boundary or threshold.
Origin

awareness of this state or position within the space time continuum is of up most importance.

Bindu point
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindu_(symbol)

Do not become lost in the mirror maze~ Stay here now in this moment, until it is time to return~

It would be wise council to suggest grounding techniques. :wink:

dharmabuf

Hi Selena,

My name is Bill. What follows is my take on The Big Picture. Reality as It Is- An Infinite No Thing... Conscious Energy only. What we see is a brain construct of this Conscious Energy in it's modified state. Often we think in terms of objects in places. We think in terms of realms going from gross to subtle. We think of ourselves as entities that can zip around these realms. My Guru Adi Da talks of the prior moment. That everything of our experience is a moment to moment activity. So if we freeze a moment and go to the wee beginning of it we have only Unmodified Conscious Light (energy). This Light becomes modified, taken through a "prism", casting the spectrum of light, seen in rainbows. Consciousness, modified awareness, takes up a residence in one of these spectrums. We live in the red-yellow realm, or level in this spectrum. As you tap into the more subtle levels of your individuated consciousness, the "I" that is supposed to exist as a 'thing', your anchor points, the mechanisms that keep you from floating away (as if that would be a bad thing) shift and become untied giving you the feeling of floating and spinning. The good feelings are due to the attachments to the gross being loosened. Your brain is not conditioned to constructing a reality that includes this. "Nothing is something, Every Thing is One Thing" Adi Da. I'm so happy to hear that you are experiencing this.