Why is Scorpio willing to give everything up for lover despite their cynical nature?

theoddone

To the OP: Does this question apply to Scorpio sun or Scorpio rising or those with Scorpio Venus?

Scorpio is known for being possessive, jealous, and loyal. I'm not sure about those with Scorpio suns besides my Scorpio friend who displays those traits in her relationship but I personally do get jealous when someone I set my eyes on talks to anyone else and I'm a very loyal individual. I don't like getting rid of those who have earned my trust. Oh, and I'm a Scorpio rising.

Bunraku

My friend is Aries Moon and Taurus Sun,but has a Scorp Rising, so he just sits and broods all day :lol:

He really is a scorp first glance, but as you get to know him, his Aries comes out and starts saying silly things

theoddone

My friend is Aries Moon and Taurus Sun,but has a Scorp Rising, so he just sits and broods all day :lol:

He really is a scorp first glance, but as you get to know him, his Aries comes out and starts saying silly things

Taurus sun/Scorpio rising? That must be conflicting because they are the opposite of each other.

thelivingsky

I would disagree that Scorpio is the most cynical sign. I think Capricorn wins that distinction. Capricorn can be totally mercenary and therefore suspect that everyone else is, too. Even Aquarius can be colder and more judgmental and intolerant than Scorpio. But Scorpio is very deeply emotional and deeply insightful about the risks involved , emotional and other risks , in any relationship. They are also extremely realistic about human nature - no rose-colored glasses here- so they are often "guarded" because they know that they may be betrayed, humiliated and violated if they trust too easily. At the same time they crave deep emotional and often spiritual connection. They are not easily put off by the gritty give-and-take and conflicts of intimate relationships, as a Libra might be. So you can see their dilemma. they want passionate, deep connection, yet they are not living in denial or in a hyper-romanticised fantasy. Scorpio is a sign of intense focus, they do everything deeply often they do everything to extremes(especially Moon in Scorpio.) There is an old saying that if you scratch a cynic, under the skin is a disillusioned romantic.

Luney

I Personally could never go out with a Scorpio

There's 7 phases to a Scorpio,
3 of which are Mainstream that we know of
The Lizard, The Eagle and the Phoenix
I don't like to give all my Scorpio secrets away .. after a long exhausting life of hell fire... I'm between the Eagle the Phoenix stage.

As a Scorpio, I don't trust a person who says TRUST ME'!:whistling:

Here's the 7 Symbols
https://exemplore.com/astrology/The-7-Symbols-of-a-Scorpio

thelivingsky

Luney,

Yes, I see how these symbols fit as a Scorpio progresses along the path to spiritual development. I think we could devise a similar set of symbols for all other signs as well. That could be fun project.

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

Luney

Luney,

Yes, I see how these symbols fit as a Scorpio progresses along the path to spiritual development. I think we could devise a similar set of symbols for all other signs as well. That could be fun project.

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

Absolutely , loads of Fun, I'll start first think i'm the morning....you start the thread, in case i sting myself trying....baa

Last edited: