Negativity

Jesse Booth

Whenever you find yourself feeling sad, just remember that sometimes, jumping spiders like to wear raindrops as hats.

9eaa2fbeedbf5ed70e7cc8672ce6e89f.jpg

Ambersole11

It's like a lot of 'spiritualists' out there who are all about the law of attraction-- they say if you're aways positive than you attract positive, and if something bad happens in your life it's only because you attracted it. It's semi-true in theory but as with all things- nothing is black or white. You can't bury your head in the sand and not be upset if you feel upset- I actually think doing that is counter-spiritual. But...I do also believe in having a good optimism about things too. It's always a good thing to try to see the silver lining in a dark sky.

Flapjacks

It's like a lot of 'spiritualists' out there who are all about the law of attraction-- they say if you're aways positive than you attract positive, and if something bad happens in your life it's only because you attracted it. It's semi-true in theory but as with all things- nothing is black or white. You can't bury your head in the sand and not be upset if you feel upset- I actually think doing that is counter-spiritual. But...I do also believe in having a good optimism about things too. It's always a good thing to try to see the silver lining in a dark sky.

Agreed. I think the joke the OP posted caters to maniacal positivity though... "if I just think positive everything will be great! That doubter over there is bad at her job because she's negative," and that's so funny (?). For a joke about optimism and not being negative, it's really negative that the woman passive aggressively insults the hair-stylist at the end... unless that's the joke. :andy: Oh well.

I'd like it if after all that, the exchange continued something like:

Hairstylist: "I'm mortified!! I thought it looked great and not bad at all!"

"I'm kidding. He didn't really say that. I just thought I'd give you taste of your own medicine."

Just so the "positive" person doesn't end up a total jerk at the end. But then I guess it's not so much a "joke" anymore after you take out the insults. :lol:

Last edited:

Ambersole11

Agreed. I think the joke the OP posted caters to maniacal positivity though... "if I just think positive everything will be great! That doubter over there is bad at her job because she's negative," and that's so funny (?). For a joke about optimism and not being negative, it's really negative that the woman passive aggressively insults the hair-stylist at the end... unless that's the joke. :andy: Oh well.

I'd like it if after all that, the exchange continued something like:

Hairstylist: "I'm mortified!! I thought it looked great and not bad at all!"

"I'm kidding. He didn't really say that. I just thought I'd give you taste of your own medicine."

Just so the "positive" person doesn't end up a total jerk at the end. But then I guess it's not so much a "joke" anymore after you take out the insults. :lol:

Lmao!!!! Agreed! Lol