Bible and Astrology

Opal

Premium Member
Can you give a source for "The Book of the Ages"? Or elaborate on how it is a book that gives us the tools of survival through the ages of the zodiac? Do you mean Old Testament only or New Testament as well?

Read from the New Testament

Ephesians Chapter 2: paying attention to verse 7
Chapter 3: paying attention to verses 5 & 21

Colossians Chapter 1: paying attention to 26

I know there is something in the last supper to, I haven't located the verse or chapter yet.

From the Old Testament

Deuteronomy tells of the foods and animals we shall not eat. The foods are the same as Kosher and Halal. If you read the foods, you will see that they are animals and sea creatures that are necessary to the cleansing of the Earth after let's say a Nuclear Destruction.

When Moses came down of the Mount, the people were worshipping the golden bull Taurus, also the name of an area in the ancient Middle East. Then they started revering the Ram as sacred. Aries.

At the end of Aries time, the representative for the age was called the Fisher of Men. Pisces.

Next up will be the representative of Aquarius, The Water Bearer.

Sol o mon, Son of Man reigned when the pole star was in the constellation of Cepheus.

It is beautiful. I have a Biblical concordance, it is fun to look up words that intrigue my mind and see what comes up. And The Nag Hamadi's, also called The Book of the Ages. It is written supposedly by some of the same people that wrote the New Testament. The Secret Book of John is very interesting.

The Bible as we know it was only written in the 1400's. The Nag Hamadi's and The Other Bible go back further.

Enjoy!

moonkat235

Read from the New Testament

Ephesians Chapter 2: paying attention to verse 7
Chapter 3: paying attention to verses 5 & 21

Colossians Chapter 1: paying attention to 26

I know there is something in the last supper to, I haven't located the verse or chapter yet.

From the Old Testament

Deuteronomy tells of the foods and animals we shall not eat. The foods are the same as Kosher and Halal. If you read the foods, you will see that they are animals and sea creatures that are necessary to the cleansing of the Earth after let's say a Nuclear Destruction.

When Moses came down of the Mount, the people were worshipping the golden bull Taurus, also the name of an area in the ancient Middle East. Then they started revering the Ram as sacred. Aries.

At the end of Aries time, the representative for the age was called the Fisher of Men. Pisces.

Next up will be the representative of Aquarius, The Water Bearer.

Sol o mon, Son of Man reigned when the pole star was in the constellation of Cepheus.

It is beautiful. I have a Biblical concordance, it is fun to look up words that intrigue my mind and see what comes up. And The Nag Hamadi's, also called The Book of the Ages. It is written supposedly by some of the same people that wrote the New Testament. The Secret Book of John is very interesting.

The Bible as we know it was only written in the 1400's. The Nag Hamadi's and The Other Bible go back further.

Enjoy!

Thanks Opal! So interesting!

You've given me a lot of curious threads to follow. Much appreciation.

Can I PM you if I have questions?

moonkat235

You're optimistic. I really can't when I know rape, abuse, violence, murder,crime and war going on daily somewhere out there.And then when one non Christian family or friend died, as the bible warned non believer will go to hell and be burned forever and ever and eaten by maggots forever and ever, I don't know how to really be truly joyful every day. Only can when that is not in my mind. The Words claim he is all good and loving and yet capable to throw his creation into such place and worse making it an eternity of torments to no end... I don't know how to come to agreement that he loves everyone or he was really just love? Like if you want to torture them because of punishment and your anger for like a 1000 years may be? and then just make them disappear may be? why does he wants it to be eternity? He teaches us to forgive but in the end he made a place of hell that eternally torture the soul to trillions of years with no end.

I used to struggle with a lot of these questions when I grew up in a conservative Protestant Christian environment. Now I approach the Bible through a literary lens as opposed to literal.

I think stories have a lot of value in finding your place in the world. Life is a narrative and I'm a character with my own interwoven story arc.

I read a bit of a book on Kabbalah (Jewish mysticism, "Ladder of Lights") and that perspective on Lucifer/the Devil was interesting and reconciled some of my issues with God as a loving being who also created evil. It's not that simple and I think we personify God in too humanistic of terms.

I'm not Christian. I find a lot of value in looking into many religions. I might venture and say I believe in the concept of God, but not in the way most religious folk do.

waybread

The only real biblical prohibitions in astrology come from Isaiah 47:13 and the book of Daniel, and even there, the tone of the Bible is more mocking astrologers' uselessness than outright forbidding astrology. If you can find some other proof-text, please let me know. More generally Leviticus 19:26 and Deuteronomy 18:9-14, 2 Kings 21:6 prohibit divination. A lot of the prohibitions of occult practices do not mention astrology, but mostly they condemn consulting mediums who communicate with the dead.

I don't think there are any specific prohibitions in the New Testament. Many Christians feel that the New Testament replaced the Old Testament.

The catechism of the Catholic church does expressly forbid astrology. This is based upon the first commandment: "You shall have no other Gods before me." I think this is a serious concern. If we are worried about the future, should we consult an astrologer or put our faith in God's plan for our lives?

Then I have seen some really odd interpretations by Evangelical ministers, who seem to think that astrologers today worship stars.

It is important to note that the biblical prohibitions against divination were written before horoscopic astrology was invented, like prior to 400 BCE. Babylonian astrology was what the Jews knew about, and the Babylonians thought that the planets were gods or omens from the gods. These planetary gods were worshipped extensively in Babylon.

Today, however, we can talk about the planets Mercury and Venus without any association with ancient gods.

Moreover, much of the astrology that is practiced today is not divination (i. e., prognostication, foretelling the future) but is basically analyzing someone's character through a natal horoscope interpretation. If I explain someone's personality traits and life issues by reading his birth chart. That is not divination.

If I predict what will happen to him in the coming year, that is divination.

Interestingly, the Catholic church during the early Middle Ages in Europe ran the major universities, and astrology/astronomy was a major part of their curriculum, including divination. I think their rationale was that God created the heavens and the order of planetary movements. The astrologer simply tries to interpret God's will for people.

Graybeard mentioned the 3 magi and the book of Revelation. Revelation has a lot of encrypted astrological lore in it. John's visions can be matched against constellations. The tree of life is probably the constellation Ophiuchus.

Eventually you will make up your own mind as to the relationship between your faith and fascination with astrology.

With all good wishes for your journey, W.

Last edited:

waybread

PlutoLibScoAsc, it also occurs to me that there are many Christian denominations, ranging from the very strict to the more liberal. You may find, if you move away from your present home, that another Christian denomination is more accepting of various beliefs.

In some of these other Christian traditions, love of God and Jesus, good works, and faith are what matter most.

PlutoLibScoAsc

The only real biblical prohibitions in astrology come from Isaiah 47:13 and the book of Daniel, and even there, the tone of the Bible is more mocking astrologers' uselessness than outright forbidding astrology. If you can find some other proof-text, please let me know. More generally Leviticus 19:26 and Deuteronomy 18:9-14, 2 Kings 21:6 prohibit divination. A lot of the prohibitions of occult practices do not mention astrology, but mostly they condemn consulting mediums who communicate with the dead.

I don't think there are any specific prohibitions in the New Testament. Many Christians feel that the New Testament replaced the Old Testament.

The catechism of the Catholic church does expressly forbid astrology. This is based upon the first commandment: "You shall have no other Gods before me." I think this is a serious concern. If we are worried about the future, should we consult an astrologer or put our faith in God's plan for our lives?

Then I have seen some really odd interpretations by Evangelical ministers, who seem to think that astrologers today worship stars.

It is important to note that the biblical prohibitions against divination were written before horoscopic astrology was invented, like prior to 400 BCE. Babylonian astrology was what the Jews knew about, and the Babylonians thought that the planets were gods or omens from the gods. These planetary gods were worshipped extensively in Babylon.

Today, however, we can talk about the planets Mercury and Venus without any association with ancient gods.

Moreover, much of the astrology that is practiced today is not divination (i. e., prognostication, foretelling the future) but is basically analyzing someone's character through a natal horoscope interpretation. If I explain someone's personality traits and life issues by reading his birth chart. That is not divination.

If I predict what will happen to him in the coming year, that is divination.

Interestingly, the Catholic church during the early Middle Ages in Europe ran the major universities, and astrology/astronomy was a major part of their curriculum, including divination. I think their rationale was that God created the heavens and the order of planetary movements. The astrologer simply tries to interpret God's will for people.

Graybeard mentioned the 3 magi and the book of Revelation. Revelation has a lot of encrypted astrological lore in it. John's visions can be matched against constellations. The tree of life is probably the constellation Ophiuchus.

Eventually you will make up your own mind as to the relationship between your faith and fascination with astrology.

With all good wishes for your journey, W.

Thank you, waybeard. This is really informative and I really appreciate.

greybeard

I think people are alone, can be alone even when they believe in God. Believing in God and not feeling alone is just not true. Believing in God can't make you lonely or feel alone, that is just make believe. Or we are just different being with different characters, mind and emotions.you don't but I do. Like when you are alone in a country, having dinner alone and that is lonely, I feel lonely. Not like God is going to sit there and have dinner or have a chat with me. Or send his angel and have a chat with me on the table. It is alone and lonely. That is just reality. Believing in God but he never talks to in words as in exchange of conversation.

It all depends on perspective. Your view of reality, your view of God, can be changed.

waybread

What works for me is to think of God as this Divine Presence. Your church may teach that God is omnipresent. This is different from "the old man with the beard" (Sorry, Greybeard!) who lives up in the sky. I find it hard to relate to the anthropomorphic God. If the Creater of the universe really is God, then God cannot be limited by our human notions of the body, gender, kingship, fatherhood, and so on.

What I can relate to is a surrounding Divine Presence. It is there when I let go of my worries, and let myself apprehend it. This Divine Presence is around you and within you.

James 4:8.

Astrologically look to your 9th and 12th houses, Jupiter and Neptune. The 9th house and Jupiter relate to more formal theology. The 12th house and Neptune relate more to mysticism.

Then the 8th house relates to mysteries of life, death, and rebirth.

The signs and any planets in these houses will give you more clues.

From the Jewish blessing over the child on the Sabbath evening:

May God bless you and keep you.

May God show you favor and be gracious to you.

May God show you kindness and grant you peace.

Opal

Premium Member
For me, with Uranus in the 9th, and Neptune in the 12th, I see God, as a cosmic energy, a combination of all cosmic forces, that shower their graces upon us, based on our first taken breath. All cosmic energies. As above, so below.

Opal

Premium Member
Maybe you should watch Carlin's routine on "religion.

Or become an atheist. Religion seems to cause you no end of internal conflict.

The world is as it is. You will not live to see it change. The question is not how to change the world, or human nature, but to somehow come to peace within yourself in the face of a cruel and unjust world.

And you must do it alone. No one can do it for you.

The earliest artifacts of mankind are weapons. They were mostly used for hunting, but also for war. The warrior is esteemed in every culture.

But where is the battle? It could be a war between Cambodia and Zimbabwe. But may I suggest that the only war that matters is the war within your own being.

The only way to win that war is by surrender. In surrender there can be no war. Peace ensues.

The Buddha said "Be your own lamp. Rely only on yourself."

The word "Islam" means "surrender to the will of God". Pisces is the sign in which the ego dies and liberation is attained. This involves recognition of our powerlessness...and surrender to the higher power.

Paul asks (Rom. 9:21-22) "who art thou that repliest against God?" "Repliest" can be taken as "argues".

Carlin for Prophet! He has the gift of perception.

Opal

Premium Member
What works for me is to think of God as this Divine Presence. Your church may teach that God is omnipresent. This is different from "the old man with the beard" (Sorry, Greybeard!) who lives up in the sky. I find it hard to relate to the anthropomorphic God. If the Creater of the universe really is God, then God cannot be limited by our human notions of the body, gender, kingship, fatherhood, and so on.

What I can relate to is a surrounding Divine Presence. It is there when I let go of my worries, and let myself apprehend it. This Divine Presence is around you and within you.

James 4:8.

Astrologically look to your 9th and 12th houses, Jupiter and Neptune. The 9th house and Jupiter relate to more formal theology. The 12th house and Neptune relate more to mysticism.

Then the 8th house relates to mysteries of life, death, and rebirth.

The signs and any planets in these houses will give you more clues.

From the Jewish blessing over the child on the Sabbath evening:

May God bless you and keep you.

May God show you favor and be gracious to you.

May God show you kindness and grant you peace.

Well Stated Waybread.

AJ Astrology

Jesus said "...know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

Hi greybeard,

How do we know what John says is true?

John says Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. The other three say differently.

They all can't be right. Either John erred or the other three erred.

It says something that Yahweh doesn't even know when his "only begotten son" (haha) died.

AJ Astrology

Another name for The Bible is "The Book of the Ages"

It is a Book that gives us the tools of survival through the ages of the zodiac, it is an astrological book.

Hi Opal,

The Old Testament has nothing to do with astrology. It's function is to justify and nothing more.

Specifically it justifies the rule of one family, consolidates power among a few and the control of land.

The New Testament teaches people how to be good slaves.

From the Old Testament

Deuteronomy was written by Jeremiah and Hilkiah, not by Yahweh.

Their goal was to consolidate their power and stranglehold over people.

For thousands of years there were many temples and many altars and many places to sacrifice and Yahweh never said a word about it, and now we are to suddenly believe that there can only be one Temple, and one altar and one place to sacrifice?

Be real.

That is not what happened.

First, his name is X-Moses, not Moses. There is no such name as "Moses."

The word "moses" is Egyptian and rendered m-s-s in Egyptian just like it is in Hebrew.

The word "m-s-s" means emanating from or emanated from and was always without exception and without fail prefixed with the name of a god:

Ptahmoses, Rameses, Tutmoses, Tothmoses, Dedemoses, Anmoses, Ankhmoses, Amanmoses etc etc etc.

The reason no one can find any evidence of "Moses" in Egypt is because no one in Egypt was ever named "Moses" because the name is always without exception and without fail prefixed with the name of a god.

Jeremiah and Hilkiah were Yahweh fanatics and would have totally been offended by the name Amanmoses and struck it from the text leaving only "moses."

That's not the first time that's happened. It was Enki, his half-sister Ninhursag and his son Ningishiddza who created humans, but the Hebrews replaced their names with the generic plural for gods -- elohim -- in the text.

Jeremiah and Hilkiah had orgasmic fantasies when King Hezekiah destroyed the four temples King Solomon built to Chemosh, Milcomm, Dagan and the wife of Yahweh...Ashera.

Jeremiah and Hilkiah had orgasmic fantasies when Hezekiah's grandson King Josiah tore down the shrines at Dan and Beth-El.

Jeremiah and Hilkiah had orgasmic fantasies when King Josiah destroyed a holy relic.

That holy relic was a copper snake on a pole.

Yahweh commanded X-Moses to make a copper snake and mount it on a wooden pole, so that if a Hebrew was bitten by a poisonous snake, he'd only need to look at the copper snake to be healed.

And King Josiah destroyed it.

Think about that for a second.

What audacity to destroy a holy relic your god commanded your most revered hero to make.

Do you not understand the conflict between the Mosaic Priests and the Aaronid Priests?

I don't think you do.

Second, you need to study more.

When Saul dies, the Mosaic Priests, the priests descended of X-Moses, run the Temple and they did not support David, but the Aaronid Priests, the priests descended of Aaron, did.

When David gains power, he expels the Mosaic Priests from the Temple and gives control to the Aaronid Priests.

The Aaronid Priests then go to Shiloh and murder all of the Mosaic Priests, except one who escaped.

The grandson of the one who escaped is alive when Solomon dies and the 10 tribes revolt and form the Kingdom of Israel.

He thinks King Jeroboam is going to build a temple and make him the chief priest restoring him and the Mosaic Priests to their former position of glory, except that doesn't happen.

Jeroboam builds two shrines, one at Dan and the other at Beth-El on the opposite end of the kingdom and puts to cherubs in the form of a winged-bull made of olive wood and plated with gold there.

The symbolism is obvious: a throne platform for Yahweh so that he sits over the entire kingdom protecting it.

To add insult to injury, Jeroboam doesn't appoint him or any Levites as priests and instead appoints priests from the other tribes.

This is an angry bitter hateful old man who hates Aaron and everything about Aaron and the Aaronid Priesthood.

The molten image symbolizes the shrines at Dan and Beth-El. The text says "These are your gods who brought you up from Egypt" even though there is only one molten image.

He's mocking Jeroboam and his shrines at Dan and Beth-El.

But, he does something else, too.

X-Moses says, "Who stands with Yahweh" and the Levites rush to the side of X-Moses, draw their swords and then murder 3,000 people for worshipping the golden bull.

Then, X-Moses says, "You are now the priests of Yahweh."

Get it?

The sole purpose of the passage is to justify Levites, and only Levites, and no others as the sole priests.

Again, he's thumbing his nose at King Jeroboam and the appointment of non-Levites as priests.

Aaron made the molten image, but suffers no punishment.

Why?

You can denigrate Aaron but you cannot say anything that would disqualify him from the priesthood.

You see that again in Snow White Miriam, which is a story that will never be taught in Sunday school.

Aaron and his wife Miriam are complaining about the wife of X-Moses and then Aaron says, well, Yahweh talks to us, too, so X-Moses ain't all that.

Yahweh suddenly appears and says wrong answer. I talk to X-Moses, but I only appear to you in dreams.

Then Yahweh turns Miriam into a leper.

Get it?

The E writer says the wife of X-Moses was a Midianite. That would mean she's African as in a Black woman. Turning Miriam into a leper would make her almost pure white.

A fitting punishment, word-play, pun, irony, whatever you want to call it.

Why doesn't Aaron get punished?

Again, you can denigrate Aaron, but you can't do anything that would disqualify Aaron from the priesthood and being a leper disqualifies one, not to mention you can't go anywhere near a temple or altar if you're a leper.

If you don't understand the conflict between the E writer and the J writer, you'll never understand the Old Testament.

The conflict was power.

The Bible as we know it was only written in the 1400's.

Nope. Wrong answer. The final document was written around 500 BCE.

When we find the original E text, we will know the real name of X-Moses.

moonkat235

Hi greybeard,

How do we know what John says is true?

John says Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. The other three say differently.

They all can't be right. Either John erred or the other three erred.

It says something that Yahweh doesn't even know when his "only begotten son" (haha) died.

Hi AJ Astrology,

What do you think of the bible's inclusion of astrological references throughout? Opal mentioned it as 'The Book of the Ages'. Any thoughts?

Do you think the details and inconsistencies of timing discredits all teachings and philosophies encompassed within? What if you approach biblical references within personal and or literary frameworks, creating meaning and value rather than attempting to find an 'objective' 'right-way' interpretation?

Opal

Premium Member
AJ,

What does The Bible say about making judgements on others? You would seem to be following me around and stating ludicrous things about me personally.

I haven’t read most of your post, it reeks of disdain.

I have read a lot of The Bible, and I see a lot of astrology in both the Old and New Testaments. You don’t, and I really have no desire to convince you. If you have such disdain for what I write, as that is what you show, I would suggest that you refrain from reading my posts. I believe they have an ignore option if my writing bothers you so.

I will not change to your limited way of thinking. You should maybe work on your people skills, you come across as very rude and rather uneducated and very fixed in your opinionated writing.

moonkat235

Hi Opal! I like what you've written. I think astrological references encompassed within the Bible are pretty fascinating!

Do you mainly use the King James Version when analyzing astrological references. I did notice that Genesis 1:14 edited in more modern versions actually takes away some references. Do you study Hebrew or Greek at all?

Opal

Premium Member
Also Opal, just curious about this quote. I don't know much. This is all new information, but how did you come to this conclusion? Thanks!

Hi Moonkat,

I am just heading out the door. I have a meeting tonight. Thank you and have a great night!