Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Gemini888

What's the Traditional opinion regarding the I.C.? If they were in fact using Whole-sign Houses, it wouldn't necessarily mark the boundary-wall of the 4th House like it does in Placidus.
Yeah, I'm talking about Placidus. As someone with nothing in 4H, I'm pretty curious about how my private life plays out.

david starling

In the Modern view of many, the numbered Houses matchup with the numbered Signs beginning with Aries as the 1st Sign. That would make Pluto the default ruler of H8, since it would be Scorpio's natural House. In that case, Sun in Aries is an excellent 8th House transit.

Lykanized

In the Modern view of many, the numbered Houses matchup with the numbered Signs beginning with Aries as the 1st Sign. That would make Pluto the default ruler of H8, since it would be Scorpio's natural House. In that case, Sun in Aries is an excellent 8th House transit.
What do you think the effects of a Mars in Aries transit in the 8th house could be? I'm asking just because I now realize Mars was in Aries from Feb 5 to March 22 and it was around mid February I started having an extremely tough time again and had to do some real growing

SunConjunctUranus

If you care to share, then, the answer is yes. :biggrin:

Nope. I don't understand why you said IC in whole sign wouldn't neccesary mark the boundary wall of placidus. I don't even understand that I only learned it within 3 months in this forum, compared with both of you & 888 who joined for over 1 year now. So, what is your agenda in this forum? Y'all didn't have a friend in real life to chat with?

david starling

Nope. I don't understand why you said IC in whole sign wouldn't neccesary mark the boundary wall of placidus. I don't even understand that I only learned it within 3 months in this forum, compared with both of you & 888 who joined for over 1 year now. So, what is your agenda in this forum? Y'all didn't have a friend in real life to chat with?

In Placidus, the M.C. and I.C. always mark the beginnings of the 10th and 4th Houses, just as the Asc. And Desc. mark the beginnings of the 1st and 7th. But, in Whole-sign, that's not the case. It's one or the other--Placidus or Whole-sign. Not both at once. Didn't mean to confuse you.

SunConjunctUranus

In Placidus, the M.C. and I.C. mark the beginnings of the 10th and 4th Houses, just as the Asc. And Desc. mark the beginnings of the 1st and 7th. But, in Whole-sign, that's not the case. It's one or the other--Placidus of Whole-sign. Not both at once. Didn't mean to confuse you.

You don't have to explain to me, bruuhh, I don't ask you. Telling it to 888!

She the one who need your respond to answer her question. :annoyed:

Hey David, you said the other day that the MC is the public life while the IC is the secret life. So what do you think about a filled 10H and empty 4H? Does it indicate a private life inaccessible to everyone? And how about a filled 4H and empty 10H?

david starling

I'll add that the angles mark the House boundaries in Placidus, but they don't mean the same thing as the Houses themselves. The 10th is about career in particular. The M.C. is about one's personal, social, world-view in general.